xxv. i guess its to late to change it now

━︎ VOL TWO. CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

❝︎ my love for you remains as infinite
as the stars ❞︎

Jack will never forget the day he left Hawkins, Indiana.

    Once he placed his final item in his car, which was his guitar, obviously. He turned to the group in front of him.

    Keith, Steve, Robin, Nancy, Jonathan, and the kids had come to Jack's house to say goodbye. The Byers and El were moving to California a few days after Jack, and then a week after that school would start.

    He hugged Nancy and Johnathan first, he promised to write and he thanked them for being his friend throughout his senior year.

    Next, was Will, Max, El, and Mike. He slipped Will his dorm number, so he could write to him. He asked Max and El to stay strong for him, and that the pain would eventually get better. He messed up Mike's hair as he pulled him into a tight hug, and moved on to Robin.

    A week after Jack's seizure, Robin came out to Jack and Steve. It was heartfelt, and they may have been a bit drunk, but Jack loved her unconditionally.

    Jack smiled at her and promised that he told Keith to take it easy on her, as her new boss. She hugged him and said 'You're an asshole, I'll miss you.'

    Following, we're the Sinclairs. Jack rolled his eyes as Erica gave him one last sassy insult, but he would still miss her like hell. He told Lucas to stay out of trouble and to keep Max happy. He felt a tear roll down his eye as he pulled him in for a hug.

    The small tears turned into sobs when he drew Keith into a hug. Keith called him a baby and they laughed, it was short and sweet. But, Jack was going to miss that son of a bitch.

    When he fared goodbye to his mother, he made sure to kiss her cheek, and thank her for being such a good mom, and staying with him, even when times were hard.

    Seeing Steve cry broke Jack. They were two sniffling messes, full of snot and tears. They couldn't kiss, because there were other people outside, walking their dog or fetching the mail. Jack sobbed into Steve's shoulder as Steve held onto him as if he never wanted to let go. They whispered 'I love yous' and 'I'll miss yous', not letting go of each other. Jack felt Steve softly kiss his ear as he pulled away.

    'Christmas, right?' Steve had asked.

    'Of course.' Jack promised.

    He waved goodbye as he slowly slid into the passenger seat. He saw Erica sitting on Steve's shoulder, from the rearview mirror, and the smiles from the kids.

    As he pulled out of his driveway, he took one more glance at Steve, who was staring at him with that stupid Steve Harrington gaze and smiled at him before turning his eyes to the road.

    After that, he never looked back.

AN
oh??? my??? god???? ty
for all the support on this
fic it is crazy! i fell in love
with jack while writing this
and i hope you did too. i'll
be back when s4 comes out,
but for now, check out my
harry potter fic: lovers rock!