ii. and i miss you like a little kid

━︎ VOL ONE. CHAPTER TWO

❝︎ something about you made me
feel a little more alive and a far less lost ❞︎

Jack's favorite season has always been fall. From the crunchy leaves to the perfect weather, he fell in love with the season. But his absolute favorite part of fall is Halloween. He loves dressing up, every year since middle school, he's dressed as a famous rockstar for Halloween. Last year he was John Lennon, it was his favorite costume ever. He wore his dad's old white suit, with sunglasses he found in his mom's jewelry box. He went all out every year.

He's had this year's costume planned out since November first of last year. He's being Bowie, of course. Thanks to his mother's lipstick stash, and Keiths dead uncle's old jumpsuit, he's made out just fine costume-wise.

The one thing Jack did hate about Halloween was parties.

"Have you seen this?" Keith asks the second he sits at their lunch spot, which is a table at the library.

Jack looks at the bright orange flyer Keith had slammed on the table. He didn't even need to read it to know what it was suggesting.

"I'm not going to a party, Keith," Jack says in a monotone voice.

"C'mon Jack! We're seniors, you need to come to at least one party instead of spending your Halloween trick-or-treating with Erica Sinclair." Jack rolls his eyes.

"I actually enjoy Erica's company, very much. Plus. Mrs. Sinclair pays me good money." Jack responds.

"She doesn't enjoy yours," Keith mumbles under his breath.

"Still not going." Keith groans in annoyance.

"C'mon, this is my one chance to make out with Nancy Wheeler!" Jack has never laughed as hard as he did at this moment.

"There is more of a chance of me making out with Steve Harrington than you making out with Wheeler!" Jack exclaims, earning an 'Shhh' from the librarian.

"Bullshit."

"Relax, I'm joking. You and both know, I would never smooch Harrington. I don't think I hate anyone more than Steve Harrington." Jack spits out the last two words like their poison.

He and Steve just have a mutual agreement. They hate each other. Ever since Jack can remember Steve was the cool, popular kid, who didn't let anyone get in his way. Jack, on the other hand, was the skinny, epileptic, loser kid. Every time they see each other it's always a sarcastic remark or a disgusting look between the two teens. He doesn't know how or when it began it's just always been this way.

"Listen. I'll cover any shift you need for the rest of the year, I'll do anything. Just please, go." Keith negotiated.

"You'll cover them until February, then I'll go," Jack said.

Keith shrugged. "Fine."

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

Jackson Miller is regretting every decision he ever made as he walks up to Tina Watson's house.

He is two seconds from turning around and running all the way back to his house when he feels Keith clap him on the shoulder.

"Tonights the night I make Nancy Wheeler Mine." He says.