xiii. there are no words in the english language

━︎ VOL ONE. CHAPTER THIRTEEN

❝︎ it is both a blessing and a curse to
feel everything so very deeply ❞︎

Jack did not nap for three straight days like he had intended to. He did sleep until five p.m. before his mother had burst into his room after she got home from work.

He expected her to yell at him, maybe ridicule him for not being home for two straight days, but instead, she just hugged him tightly, as if she would never let go.

After that, they talked for hours about the situation with Jack's dad. Jack had explained how he never had a good relationship with him, and talking to him always led to a fight. Eventually, they made a deal, Jack's dad would come and visit this summer before he left for college. He was hesitant at first but decided to give him one final chance at being a real father.

The next day he walked to Keith's house and was immediately slapped in the face the second his best friend opened the door.

"You asshole, I was worried." He said as he let Jack in the house.

Jack obviously couldn't explain everything, but he told him everything about Steve. Before they went their separate ways Jack asked if he could tell Keith about, well whatever they were. Steve said it was only fair since he had told Nancy.

Once he had finished his mostly fake story, Keith said one sentence.

"That actually makes a lot of sense."

Ever since then, Jack, Steve, Keith, Nancy, and Jonathon have all eaten lunch together. They had formed their own small friend group, and everyone loved it, especially Keith. He thought now was definitely his time to woo Nancy, but he saw the way she looked at Byers, it was love.

The group definitely knew something was going on with Steve and Jack, but nobody asked, not even themselves. They hadn't kissed since that fateful day in the bathroom, but have spent almost all of their time together. Whether it's playing video games in Steve's basement or Jack playing music for Steve in his room. They were going at their own pace and it was fine.

Mrs. Sinclair's mother had been getting sick, so she rehired Jack as a babysitter. Which is how he got here.

He watched Lucas practice talking to Max in his mirror from afar, it was quite pathetic actually. Erica was standing next to him, a giant smirk plastered on her face.

"I love this song, you?" He said to himself in the mirror.

"Yeah, I love it. But not as much as I love you, Lukey." Erica teased.

"Get out of my room!" Lucas slammed the door in her face.

"Damn it, Erica. He's never coming out now." Jack groaned and the young girl shrugged.

"Not my problem." She said and walked into her room.

Jack rolled his eyes and began to knock on Lucas' door. "Let's go, Sinclair!"

Lucas opened the door and threw his suit jacket on. "What if she doesn't want to dance with me?"

"Uhhh..." Jack was too gay for this. "She will, I promise. She is head over heels for you, dude."