๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’…๐’” ๐‘ฐ ๐’„๐’‚๐’'๐’• ๐’”๐’‚๏ฟฝ...

By bonnies__bitxh

Started: September 9th 2022 Finished: Morrigan Brooks had been called a witch many times in her life. Whether... More

Introduction
๐’„๐’‚๐’”๐’•
๐’‚๐’†๐’”๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’•๐’Š๐’„๐’”
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
authors note pls read !!
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L

XI

3.1K 62 12
By bonnies__bitxh

yall i started watching this show virgin river bc it came up on my recommended and it gave me a mix of It Happened One Summer and Gilmore Girls vibes and FUCKING ELIJAH (his names mark or something) COMES UP AND I WAS LIKE WTF

plus even better, he's a sexy doctor    

Elijah Mikaelson

Flashback to 1758

"Did you hunt when you were human?" Morrigan asks me out of the blue. I looked up from my book to answer her, just to see the unintentional seductive pose she was in.

"Hmm?" I ask, stalking towards the bed where she lay.

"Elijah! Answer my question!" She squealed.

"Why would I do that, when I can do this?" I crawl on top of her and she tries to get out but I catch her.

"Elijah, please answer my question or I will go ask to spend the day with Rebekah or Nik instead. I wager your brother would answer my questions about your childhood."

"I wager he would also give you some unprompted information about me as well." She smiles and leaves the bed.

"Then maybe I should spend the day with him more often." She tries walking away, but I grab her hand.

"Yes, my love, we hunted often with all the men in my family. My father, Niklaus, Kol, Finn and myself."

"Were you any good?"

"I was the best," I say, cupping her face.

"Hmm, somehow I doubt that." She says, dramatically throwing herself onto the bed beside me. "Did Bex know how to hunt?"  I lie down so that I'm parallel to her. "Niklaus and I taught her a bit when we weren't in the presence of our father."

"No offence or anything, but your father sounds like an asshole."

"You don't have to tell me twice," I say, agreeing with that statement if it were magnified tenfold. "On the topic of my dear sister, she asked me to tell you that you're going wedding dress shopping tomorrow, and Niklaus is also throwing an engagement party for us."

"Let me guess. The whole of New Orleans is coming?"

"I think the number is leaning towards the whole of Louisiana," I say, joking along. She gives me a deadpan stare so to make up for it, I move the hair from her face and kiss her head. 

Subconsciously, I grab her hand and start tracing patterns on it. After a bit of this, I look up and see she's staring.

"It's impolite to-"

"To stare, I know lovely." She finishes off for me.

"Then why are you staring?"

"I'm memorizing your face." She says, running her hands over the unshaven stubble on my face.

"And why are  you doing that?"

"Because, if you ever get kidnapped or run away from home I have to draw your missing poster."

"You think I would get kidnapped?"

"Better safe than sorry," she takes a sharp breath and then continues. "If we ever get separated... or something, remember that I love you. I love you so much 'Lijah, in every one of our lifetimes." This has me taken aback.

"Never will we be separated," I say, pulling her close and kissing her forehead. "But in every lifetime, Morrigan, I will love you."

End of flashback

Morrigan Brooks

"So, what have you got planned?" I ask from the passenger seat. Brandon looks over at me briefly before speaking.

"Well, first we're going to the grill for drinks since I can get behind the bar and make you insane cocktails, then we will go to a restaurant, I'm keeping the where a surprise." He says and I smile. It had been a while since I had a proper cocktail.

I think the last time was Cabo, in 07.

"This is probably the best planned out date I've ever been on," I say offhandedly and he scoffs.

"How 'unplanned' were the last ones?"

Probably about as unplanned as my pregnancy.

"Oh god, let's see. High school. He took me to McDonald's and then Dairy Queen, both drive-throughs." The only lie about that was the high school part since I never went, but everything else was true. I also left out the part where we had sex in the parking lot.

"I'm glad I top that one at least." He pauses for a second. "Wait, high school. How old are you?" Shit. How would this go down? 

'Oh, I'm actually five hundred and eighty-eight, but I was turned at nineteen, so you're all good'.

"Twenty-two, about to turn twenty-three. What about you?"

"Just turned twenty-four." He stops the car and jogs around it to open my door.

"Thank you. So, does your boss know you exploit the grill for your dates?"

"I only do it for my favourite dates. And no, and he won't find out." He says with a smile.

We walk into the grill and it was absolutely packed.

"Live band," Brandon explains in my ear. We walk past Elena, Bonnie, Caroline and Jenna to get to the bar, so I lightly pinch Bonnie on the elbow and wave hello. She gives me a thumbs up when she sees Brandon.

I sit at my usual seat at the bar and Brandon slips behind the counter, ignoring the looks from his coworkers.

"What would you like?" He says, taking out the shaker from underneath the counter.

"Surprise me," I say and watch as he mixes alcohol with some sweet-smelling stuff.

WE had been talking and drinking together for about half an hour. In that time, Damon had texted me five times, though I just silenced my phone, since I could read them later.

Caroline had also sung a song for Matt Donovan. I didn't know how he got girls, but good god, he did.

"So I know like, nothing about you? Where were you born?" Brandon asks.

"Well, I was born in Manchester," I start and he chuckles. True, even though it wasn't called Manchester back then.

"That's where your accent is from." He states and I nod.

"Yes. Um, I don't have any siblings, and I have a law degree that I don't use."

"A law degree? But you're only twenty-two." Fuck.

"I was homeschooled, so I graduated high school at sixteen. What about you? Tell me about you," I say, effectively getting the topic off me.

"Well, I was born in Boston, but I moved to Charlottesville with my family when I was three. I have two older brothers, and an older sister, so I'm the youngest of four. And I took the last five years off to travel, but really I just didn't know what I wanted to do, but now I'm back in Virginia, and I'm applying to colleges."

"Wow, big family," I remark and he chuckles.

"Yeah, but I don't see them much."

"Why?" I say, but only after I said it I realised that it might not be the best question to ask.

"Oh, they moved back to Boston," he says and I'm just glad that I didn't bring up any baggage.

Suddenly, the stage lights explode and everything just goes downhill after that. Frantically, I look around for the source and I see Bonnie and Elijah's warlock, Dr Martin, in some sort of fight.

"Brandon, you have to get out to the car, and wait for me around the block," I say, compelling him. He does exactly as I say and I go over to them, though my immediate concern was trying to contain the fire that had started.

I wave both my arms outwards and hold my hands in fists, which eliminates the oxygen in the room.

One little bit of information I forgot, people need oxygen, so I have to stop the spell, which allows some smaller fires to continue.

"Dr Martin! I am so sorry about Luka. We never wanted that to happen, but at least let us help you get your daughter back." Elena shouts, but Dr Martin was set on his way.

"Only Elijah can do that." He says.

"Elena! Stefan! Get out of here!" I shout but they don't listen.

"You don't need Elijah!" She says but he just starts another massive fire behind the bar, and the alcohol didn't help.

"Redigendum calor in frigore conficiatur." I mutter, and the temperature starts to drop drastically. "Stefan, get her and everyone out."

Suddenly, I could feel my head splitting in two. Not literally, but I recognised the spell. A Bonnie Bennett favourite from what I hear, but since I was still trying to control the temperature, there was nothing super effective I could do about Dr Martin.

I groaned through my teeth, sinking to my knees, but holding out with the spell. When I was sure there was no more fire, I knocked him out.

"Ad sonumn velox," I say and he falls to the floor.

I knew he wanted to save his daughter, but he didn't need to throw a temper tantrum when his bestie original vampire was incapacitated.

Brandon.

Shit.

I run out of the restaurant and found him sitting patiently in the car, exactly where I told him to go.

"Oh, thank god, Brandon." His head whips in my direction and his expression was one of a very confused, slightly scared person.

"Rory- what the f- I'm so confused." He starts but I have to mop up the mess now, and I needed to do it quickly so I could go wallow in my misery alone with a glass of wine.

"Brandon," I say, compelling him. "Where and when was our reservation?"

"The Glass House, 8.30." I check the time and it was 7.56, so it was a very last-minute cancellation.

"Right, Brandon. We had our date. You won't remember anything about tonight except that we had a great time and we really hit it off. You drove me home and kissed me goodnight." I say, still compelling him and he nods, not answering and I exhale. "Now, drive home and have a great night's sleep." And then I remember something. "And if anyone asks if you were there during the fire, say you left earlier with me." I lean over and kiss him on the cheek before getting out of the car and speeding away.

"ELENA!" I shout from the door. It was the next day and I was at the Gilbert house. She had never invited me in, so the seal was still up. The door swung open and Alaric walked out, looking just about murderous. "Hey, Ric," I say and he storms past, before doing a double take.

"Hey, Rory." He says before getting in his car and aggressively closing the door. 

Right, I think to myself before knocking again. She opens the door on the third knock, and I can see her shoulders slump in relief when she sees me.

"Rory, oh thank god." She steps aside to let me in, but I can only stand here. "Oh, right, come in. Sorry."

"It's all good. What got Ric in a mood?" I ask and Elena just looks towards her kitchen. I turn to see what she was looking at and out from around the corner, comes John Gilbert with a bloody nose. 

It took everything in me not to laugh.

"Did he deserve it?" I ask Elena and the girl nods. That's when I quietly giggle a bit. "Right, now that I know you're not dead after last night, I need to ask. Why did Damon text me 'Elena's in deep shit, where are you? In fact, show me your room." I didn't like the way John was staring at me. It was as if it could undo vampirism or something.

"Elena-" John starts, but I just grab her and speed her upstairs. 

"Many apologies, though if I had to listen to his voice for one more second I probably would have ripped out his spleen." She gives a weak laugh. "So, why is he here?" 

"My birth mother, Isobel, just turned up on our doorstep and Jenna saw her, so now she knows Ric and I have been lying to her since Isobel's supposed to be dead."

"Is she? Dead, I mean."

"Technically... I guess." She says and I shrug. 

"Well, even though you can never tell Jenna since I'm assuming you want to keep her out of supernatural business, it wasn't an outright lie. Just a teeny tiny white lie."

"This is so off topic and sort of prying..." She starts, turning her body to fully face me. "Were you and Damon ever... you know. Together?" She asks out of the blue. "I mean like, Stefan told me that you and Damon were always close, and I only ask because you guys are so much alike." I laugh a bit before answering. 

"Oh, no. Never together. Especially not exclusively."

"So you never... in 1864?"

"Not in 1864. No, I was with your ancestor in 1864. In 1968, yeah, but that decision was influenced by a lot, and when I say a lot, I mean a lot of alcohol. We both promised that it was a one-time thing, and look at us now. Best of friends."

"Johnathan Gilbert?" She says, referring to my comment on being with her ancestor, and my smile turns fond as I shake my head. 

"Emilie Gilbert, Johnathan's younger sister."

"Johnathan never mentions a sister in his journals." She says, sounding confused. 

"I suspect John the first ripped out any pages containing anything on Emilie. She was rounded up and burned in the church." I say, finality in my tone. Elena intakes a sharp breath.

"Rory... The tomb vampires weren't burned in the church... they were placed in a tomb. The tomb that we went to see Katherine in?" I went still. Emilie was alive this whole time?

"How do you know?" I demand in a tone that might have been a bit harsh.

"Well, a few months ago, Damon was still completely obsessed with Katherine and somehow we all ended up opening the tomb and we...  I don't know the word. Un-desiccated? Twenty-seven vampires and they were running rampant for a while until one of them, Pearl, got them to go away."

"Pearl, oh god, I remember her," I say and suddenly, Stefan walks in. 

"Oh, hey Rory. What are you doing here?" He says as he hugs his girlfriend. 

"Damon's a bit old for technology," I say as a non-answer. "Stefan, serious question. Emilie. Was she in the tomb?" I say and his face contorts in confusion, but then he remembers.

"Wait. Emilie? Emilie Gilbert, your old girlfriend?" He asks and I nod. "I'm not sure, though loads of the tomb vampires ran. I didn't even know Em turned, who was it?" 

"It was a bit last minute. Kathrine did it the day before the roundup." I say snippily.

"Is that what Katherine did? I thought it was when she left you in the burning building." I wave my hand in a dismissive manner. 

"Oh, no. I'm over that. Water under the bridge and all that. Plus, that was before I ever came to Mystic Falls, and if you'll remember, she and I were great friends before that night." I stand up and start to leave. "I'm going to go get a drink. Water... maybe blood. You never know. You two do your thing, being gross and in love and stuff."

I walk out of her room and make my way downstairs when I hear someone who's definitely not John talking. 

"Go get her," they say. I recognise that voice. 

"No fucking way," I say, marvelling at the pairing. "You're the Isobel that's Elena's mother?" I say, slightly confused. I remember this woman somehow finding me when I was in California. She was newly turned and apparently she wanted to know how to become 'one of the greats'. I was honestly flattered but also confused about a few things. How she found me was a big one. Another one was why was I considered one of the greats.

"Morrigan Brooks, nice to see you again."

"Uh... ditto," I say, (not really meaning it) looking between the two. "Bitch move, by the way, what you did to Jenna."

"What can I say? I was slightly jealous." She says, a drawl in her words. 

"Well, that's what you get if you beg to be turned. You have to let go of your ex-husband who grieved and now deserves to move on."

"It doesn't matter. I'm here to help now."

"Help with what?" I say, confused if she is playing mum or playing researcher.

I hear Elena and Stefan coming down the stairs with John and Isobel doesn't answer my question, but she started walking towards where Elena would be able to see her. The girl stops in her tracks when she sees Isbel.

"I asked John for a do-over." A do-over? At what? Parenting?

"You invited her in?" Elena says to John and he shifts uncomfortably.

"She has information about Klaus." That is all he says and Elena turns to me.

"Can you put the seal back up?" I only smirk and nod once, slowly.

"No. No, please, just listen to her. Ok?"John says and I roll my eyes. Again. 

Stefan sighs, but relents. "Alright. What do you know?"

We all move to the kitchen and I sit up on the counter, both legs swinging. 

"Since I was last here, I've been doing everything possible to find Klaus." Isobel starts. Why? I wanted to say, though for the sake of Elena and the fact that she looks like she's about to vamp out all the vamps in the room and murder all of us. John and Isobel specifically. "We knew our best chance was to find him before he could find you."

"Best chance at what?" Stefan says, voicing my thoughts. 

"Keeping Elena alive," John says, but Elena shuts that down. 

"You don't get to talk, okay? Not after everything you've done." My phone buzzes and I see that Damon texted me. 

From Damon: You want to come looking for this power? You get to talk to your friends,
From Damon: The dead ones at least

That makes me internally snort, but I don't actually since this wasn't the right atmosphere.

To Damon: Sure where r u

From Damon: House
From Damon: Got witchy here with me, just waiting for baby Gilbert

To Damon: Give me 10 minutes

From Damon: We'll be at the dead witches apartment by then

He sends me an address and I put my phone away.

"-But there are these rumours that are flying around that a doppelganger exists." Isobel was saying this when I started paying attention again.

"Which means any vampire that wants to get in favour with Klaus will be lining up to capture you." John finishes off.

"You guys ever see Face/Off? We could do that." I say as my one very useful contribution. 

"I'm not buying any of this. The last time you were here you made it clear you didn't give a damn about me, now I'm supposed to believe you want to help?" Elena says with a scoff Isobel's way. 

"Isobel's been helping all along," John says and Elena gives him an incredulous look. "Klaus has been obsessed with finding Kathrine for centuries. All it would take would be one of those 1864 tomb vampires to spread the word around that Kathrine was still alive and it would bring him straight here to Mystic Falls where you were bound to be discovered. So we killed them."

"And almost killed Stefan and Damon in the process," Elena says and John looks down. 

"Yeah." He says and Isobel suddenly stands up. 

"I have a safe house I can take you to. The deed is in your name. No vampires can get in without your permission. Not even me. Let me help you." She says and Elena slightly tilts her head.

"You wanna help? Then get the hell out of my house."

With a slightly bruised ego, Isobel leaves with John and I hop off the counter. I wait for the door to shut before talking. 

"I'm going to go... hang out... with Damon. Update me." Stefan looked like he knew what I was doing. 

"Are you acting as a witch metal detector, as Damon so kindly put it?" Stefan asks and I chuckle a bit while shaking my head. 

"Nope, just tagging along."

I drive into town, near the grill and go to where Damon said he would be. 

"According to Luka's dad, one of these contains a spell that will harness the energy that was left behind when a witch dies violently." I hear Bonnie say. 

"I didn't know you and father witch were close," Damon says. I was still talking up the stairs but I could hear them loud and clear.

"We weren't. But when he gave me my powers back, he also gave me a message. If I can find the spot in town where the old Salem witches were burned, I can harness their energy and use it when I need it."

"So you do need me as a metal detector?" I say and Damon smirks.

"Hey," he says but then turns back to Bonnie. "We'll just put that on our list of things to do. Harness ancient dead witch power."

"You know where the witches were burned?" Bonnie says. 

"Did I forget to mention that?" I fist bump Damon but Bonnie just scoffs

"Are we gonna have to look through every one of these books until we find the right spell?" Jeremy asks.

"Nah. I know the spell," I say but at the same time Bonnie puts out a hand. 

"Not exactly," she says and ten of the many grimoires fly out of the shelf, and one of them falls open. 

"Or we could do that," I say.

"You know the spell?" Bonnie says, picking up the grimoire. I nod and make one of the many fly towards me, and I start reading it out of boredom. 

"Yep. Dear old dad had a bit of an obsession when I was human." I say as my only explanation. 

"Either way, this is the one," Bonnie says, showing us the leather-bound book. 

"Great. Grab the rest and let's go." Damon says.

I HAD stuffed half the grimoires into my car and the other half into Bonnie's since there were just too many to fit into one vehicle. 

We were back at the Salvatore house. I was lounging on one of the chairs, adjacent to Damon and facing Elena and Stefan. 

"Do you really think Isobel's telling the truth that words got out about the doppelganger?" Elean asks.

"Look, I don't trust a word that she says but I think we'd be stupid to ignore the warning."

"She was...off. I don't know. Shifty. What was she like last time she was here?" I ask, remembering my initial conversation with the woman. 

"I don't really know. I mean, her humanity was off last time." Elena says.

"Huh," I say. If her humanity was off, and no one was trying to put it back on, why would she turn it back on?

"What?" Damon says, and I wave him off. 

"Nothing, don't worry."

"You know you should just stay here," the older brother says, turning to Elena. "It's better for us to keep an eye on you."

"What? In the house that any vampire can enter?" Stefan rhetorically asks. "No, her house is safer." 

"Well, then we'll stay there."

"So, that's that the plan? Neither of you let me out of your sight again?" Elena says, rightfully against the plan.

"Call me when you come up with a better one."

She sighs. "Fine, then one of you two bodyguards is gonna have to come with me to the Lockwood luncheon."

"That would be me," Stefan says, every the chivalrous boyfriend.

"Not me, I have witch stuff to attend to with Bonnie and this one." He says, pointing at me.

"Does that mean you're taking her to the-" Elena starts but both Damon and I put our fingers up to our lips, silencing her. 

"Don't get quiet on my account," Kathrine says, waltzing into the room. "If you have a plan to combat the impending vampire doom, please do tell." None of us answers her, and she just looks at each of us, expecting at least one of us to crack. "Seriously. What is the plan to get us out of this mess, hmm? I delivered you a moonstone, a werewolf and a dagger to lure and kill Klaus and right now all you have is a moonstone. Or so you tell me." 

"No, we have it," Damon says with a smug smile. 

"Where is it?" She asks. Why does she want to know?

"It's in a very safe place"

"I've been honest with you. Time to return the favour."

"I'm gonna be honest with you. Don't mistake the fact that we haven't set you on fire in your sleep for trust."

"Fine. Be that way." She says before skulking out of the room. 

"Come on, you," Damon says, pulling me up.

"Yay," I say dryly. "Have fun," I say over my shoulder to the couple.

"Ditto," Elena says before Damon shuts the door. We drive to the Gilbert house to pick up Bonnie and Jeremy, before driving to a slightly out-of-the-way part of town. 

We walked through the woods, though it wasn't really wooded, more like a few trees, and I finally see where we were going. 

"Wait, is this your-" I start and Damon nods. 

"The first Salvatore house." He finishes.

My phone starts to ring and I pick up without looking at the caller ID. 

"Hey, Rory. I had a great time last night." Brandon starts and Damon hears this.

"Oh, how did you convince him you actually went on a-" I cut him off. 

"Silencium," I say, closing my fist. What seems like a rectangle cut of skin goes over his mouth, preventing him from speaking and he struggles at first before just giving up and giving me a light shove. "Sorry about that Brandon, yeah I had a great time too."

"I was just calling to ask if you wanted to do that again. Like, say, two weeks? I'm going up to visit my parents tomorrow for about a week, but when I get back, maybe I could take you out." 

"I would love that, Brandon. Have a great time with your parents." 

"Thanks, Rory." He says before hanging up. I put my phone back in my pocket and only then do I re-open my fist, releasing Damon from the spell. 

"You could have told me to shut up." He says and I roll my eyes. 

"I missed doing that spell," I say with a little smile.  I walk into the house and immediately I hear the whispers. Whispers of the dead.

'Inmortui est relinquere.' They were saying, and as much as I try to block them, they say it like a chant.

"Damon, they don't love us being here," I say, looking around and Damon just scoffs. 

"Pfft. What can they do?" Before I can say anything else, the spirits start sending me a different message.

'Memento, mortuus incantatio, memento. Interroga primum'

Roughly, that translates to 'remember, dead witch, remember. Ask the first'. First what? The first witch? Because I'm pretty sure they're really dead.

Suddenly, Damon snaps me out of my daze.

"Rory. Bonnie. Which one of you is doing this, because it's not very funny."He says. He seems to be stuck in place and so I start giggling. 

"Ha. Not me, but I'm sad I didn't think of it like, the last time I saw you."

"What? Thirty years ago?" He asks rhetorically before turning to Bonnie. "Stop it."

"I'm not doing anything," Bonnie says, and I look around the room as if I would be able to see the ghost of Emily, cackling at Damon. 

"I can't move," Damon says. There was a pause before his skin starts sizzling.

"Oh, my rings not working. Do something." 

"Obsinecse tenues," I mutter, putting my hand up as if I were waiting for a high five. Damon stumbles towards me.

"I don't think the witches like you being here," Bonnie says with a shrug. 

"I guess this is the right place," Jeremy says. I laugh and try to take a step forward, but there was a barrier there.

"I'm not even going to try," I say, following Damon. 

"I think we'll go wait outside." He says and we both leave. When we're outside, I sit on the ground, trying to soak up some sun. 

"Remmeber in 1900, in Ansterdam?" Damon starts and I look up at him and he looks down. "At the princess' ball?"

"Yeah? What about it?"

"I could have sworn I saw Kathrine there, but as soon as I did and then a second later, I could have sworn I saw Emily, even though the latter was long dead. I don't know why I'm remembering this now, but this was before I found you."

"That was a pretty fun night," I say with a smirk, remembering it myself.

"Fun night? Please, more like a fun month." 

Flashback to 1900

"Thank you for your help, Vivienne." I say to the princess' maid who was helping me with my corset. She nods and exits the room, and I follow her not five minutes later. 

I descend the stairs in the palace to an already packed ballroom. I was a personal guest of the princess since I had befriended her a month ago, but she was nowhere to be seen. I guessed she was wrapped up in a political conversation that I had no interest in. 

I was wearing a deep red gown but frankly, I didn't stand out. Everyone had their own decadent gowns for the royal ball, so all I had to do was focus on getting a flute of champagne. 

"Morrigan?" I hear from behind me. I turn and see a familiar face.

"Damon? No way!" I say, hugging him. "What are you doing here?" 

"I managed to get an invitation," he says cockily. "How have you been?" 

"Pretty good. Eliza's in Italy, making glass and whatnot, but I'm going there in a month. How are you? How's life while you're dead, huh?"

"I've got to say, it's better than I expected." He says, snaking an arm around my waist and directing us to the tower of champagne. 

We talk for hours and end up getting hammered, and Damon suggests a game to pass the time before it's socially acceptable to leave. 

"So, the aim is to get as many of these," he holds up a grain of rice that was in the dish. "Into someone else's drink without them noticing."

We divvy up a hundred grains each and then each walk around the room, slipping rice into drinks, and I finish first, though only by a single grain. 

"What's my prize, Mr Salvatore?" I say, walking with him with my hands behind my back.

"Well, Ms Brooks, maybe we'll just have to find out." He offers his elbow and I take it. He leads us out of the palace and we go into the town, walking into a pub. 

"Bartender! Get me two beers!" Damon said. Since when is Damon a beer guy? I think, but maybe he's liking Dutch beer more than American beer. 

While we were already previously drunk, my vampire metabolism had burned through all the alcohol and I was as good as sober now, so I downed the beer and ordered another. And another. And another. Damon was also going through them at the same pace as me, and pretty quickly, we were asked to leave to 'get some sleep and not die of alcohol poisoning'. 

Pretty sure they're a bit late on the dead bit. 

We go into the alley and see two patrons of the bar who are pissed beyond belief, and they see us too.

"Hey, sweetie. Why don't you come over here?" one of them says to me. I exchange a look with Damon before we both go down the alley.  "Yeah, how good are you?" They say. I grab that one by the neck and push him up against the wall before sinking my teeth into his neck and draining the life out of him.

Damon does the same with the other one and once we're done, we let them fall to the ground before walking away, linking our arms back up. 

End of flashback

"WANNA hurry it up in there?" Damon says, walking towards the door, but before he can go in, it telekinetically shuts, making me chuckle. "Screw you too, Emily."

"You just have to trust that the spirits vaguely like Bonnie." I say and he mutters something about 'stupid dead witches'.

"You know you're all on your own in there," Daon says to the door, though I assume he's talking to Bonnie and Jeremy. 

We wait there for another five minutes, me still sunbathing and Damon staring daggers at the house, before his phone rings. 

"Hey, sheriff," he says. He listens for a bit and then rolls his eyes. "Yeah. I'll be right over." He pockets his phone before explaining. "John Gilbert 'tripped and fell' down the stairs, though reportedly, a vampire ate him first." 

"Is he dead?" I ask and he nods.

"Yeah, but he's got this trusty little ring that will bring him back from the dead. You good here?" I nod. 

"Yeah. You go be the council hero and I'll handle all this." He nods gratefully and speeds away. 

Soon after, Bonnie and Jeremy exit the house. Jeremy was going on about some sort of chant and Bonnie seemed to be doing her best at ignoring him.

"There has to be something in the grimoire to help us translate that chant," he says and I get up and follow them.

"It was just a warning," Bonnie says lightly but this gets me suspicious. "It's not important."

"Look, it's important to me, ok?" Jeremy says.

"It's a lot of power to have access to. They were just telling me to be careful with it."

"I second that, might I add. Spirits are assholes, but they are right this time. It's a lot for someone, especially a human body." I say and she nods.

"Well, exactly how much power can you draw from a hundred dead witches?" Jeremy asks, and she doesn't verbally answer him, but she shows him. 

Winds start picking up and leaves start circling us. It gets darker like we were in a twilight film, and I hear thunder. Pretty impressive. 

Jeremy was absolutely amazed, but I lead them back to my car and drop both of them off at the Gilbert house. 

My phone rings and I pick it up immediately while driving back to the Salvatore house. 

"What's up, Stef?" 

"Rory, do you know where Kathrine is? Or Isobel?" Weird question.

"No, why would I?"

"Because they took Elena and Kathrine just dosed me with vervain." 

"Where are you?" I ask.

"Home." I hang up and drive a bit faster. When I get there, I open the door and both brothers are there.

"I need something of hers." I simply say. Stefan speeds away and returns, giving me her hairbrush. "Invenire dominus," I mutter. I feel the brush levitate since it leaves my hands. I get flashing images of a black SUV. Then leaves on the ground. Then a headstone. Then Elena. Then Isobel.

I open my eyes, finishing the spell and make the brush float onto a sideboard. 

"She's at the cemetery with Isobel," I say and Stefan nods in thanks, before leaving the house. 

"She took the moonstone," Damon says, pouring himself, then me a drink. 

"Who? Isobel?" He shakes his head.

"Kathrine. I wish I was surprised, but..." He trails off and I nod, patting him on the back.

"Did you hide it?"

"Of course, I hid it, idiot." He says. I down my drink before setting it back down.

"I'm going home. See you later." He lifts his drink in acknowledgement as I walk out the door and drive home.

Hailee Steinfeld as Emilie Gilbert

Also, tell me why I loved writing this chapter. It was so fun for no reason

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 5.2K 25
Rose Amari. In her world she's a witch, but not a servant of nature. When her mother dies mysteriously Rose and her sister, Phoebe, were drowning i...
198K 4.4K 19
Book one of Adelia Laurentis series [COMPLETED] ______ Adelia Laurentis never let her peculiarity define her. Then he came and turned her life upside...
413K 8.7K 39
เฟโ˜†*:ใƒป๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐œ๐ก โ”โ”โ” โ SHE HAS NO IDEA OF THE POWER THAT SHE HOLDS โž in which a sixteen-year-old girl contains power that she cannot cont...
60.4K 2.5K 52
โธข๐ƒ๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง', ๐ˆ'๐ ๐ฐ๐š๐ข๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ. ๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐๐ข๐๐ง'๐ญ ๐š๐ฌ๐ค ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ.โธฅ She bewitched him. From the moment...