Steven Universe AU 3 by: Samu...

By Samuel152

The third and (most probably) final story of the Steven Universe AU series. More

Chapter 1: Gardening
Chapter 2: Wholesomeness
Chapter 3: Economics
Chapter 4: Confrontation
Chapter 5: Tea Time
Chapter 6: The Bolted Behemoth
AU Rap Song
Chapter 7: The Wait
Songs & Moonlight Shorts
Memes
Chapter 8: Unresolved Tension
Huge Gigantacus' Birthday
Chapter 10: The Pains of Nostalgia
Chapter 11: Old Scars
Chapter 12: Bad Memories
Chapter 13: Opposites
Chapter 14: Obsessions

Chapter 9: A Different Perspective

65 2 7
By Samuel152

I don't really know if this can be classified as gore, as it mentions organs and how rotten they are. If you're sensitive about organs, then read carefully. 

VIPs:

Wattreader7389
GachaEvery
Tyra_is_day_dreaming
rosechuck_chuck
RoseTheMagicalFlower

Rose's P.O.V.

Sector Ten:

I was observing this planet, rather than taking it back. I want to see how HG is handling the planets under his control. What he's doing is wrong, obviously, but I was curious to see if it was as bad as I believed it initially.

The creatures have been put to work, mining minerals from the ground and providing metal to a machine that sends them straight to a building, where HG collects them when he visits the planet. All the banks on this planet have been demolished and replaced with one huge bank, one where HG divides the profits by two, he keeps the first half and the populace gets the other half. That's how HG is able to afford all those fancy toys and cool stuff.

HG is just obsessed with control, like he's the leader of the galaxy. He doesn't think of himself as a dictator, but as a governor. He doesn't see this as a noble mission, or a horrible thing, but rather, just business.

That's all this ever was to him, just business. This wasn't some twisted revenge on someone, nor was it him living up to his family's name. It was just the control of power to create his business.

There are multiple galaxies out there, and he chooses this one to control because it was the galaxy he was created in. Though, it wouldn't have mattered, because I'd stop him in whatever galaxy or universe. But not now... considering that he actually got control, and it's all my fault.

If I wasn't going back in time with Steven and mourning over the loss of my castle, I would've stopped him, but I was too selfish to do it. Anyone that was hurt or killed from this occupation is on me, their blood is on my hands... how can I fix this? I don't know...

A lingering question that forms a conundrum in my mind, is this for the better? Think about it, if the Diamonds were still running the galaxy and/or universe, the creatures on any of those planets would be dead and their gem race would be overpopulated, as usual. Or if some other galactic ruler would be running things, they'd be worse.

HG is actually the most normal villain I've seen. Compared to the Diamond Authority, Lord Dominator, Lord Hater, Thanos and the others, he's pretty tame. His only problem is his obsession with me.

Aside from that, he seems to be partially reasonable and fair to the planets he rules. He doesn't take everything from them, only half and he ensures protection on the planets. True, you could say he's only defensive about the planets themselves, rather than the inhabitants, but still, with him running the planet, no other super villain can touch the planet.

Of course, I believe in a free galaxy, but that can never be permanent because there will always be someone wanting to rule. But if someone is running the galaxy, then nobody else could take over. So then, it boils down to who should rule the galaxy?

The Diamonds have proven to be incapable of running the galaxy, because they pollute everything. HG seems to be the only one who isn't destroying the galaxy with the way he runs it. The galaxy, overall, hasn't changed much, disregarding the infrastructures he built into the planets along with his robots.

As I said previously, what he's doing is wrong, no doubt about it, but he honestly runs the galaxy better than anyone else, hardly changing the universe. I can't dismantle this occupation on my own, HG has put many countermeasures against me, and me alone, due to the fact I'm the only actual threat to his power, hence why it was important for me to stay in this current timeline to prevent him from growing in power. I'm not belittling anyone else on the Crystal Gems or the Diamonds, they're competent fighters, it's just HG has faced many that are like them and will possibly defeat them.

I can't stop him alone, and neither can they. Which is why we need to work together. We've taken back a few planets, but ever since then, he has upgraded the rest of them.

Security is very tight, I'm lucky to just sit here, watching as the drones patrol the streets and the creatures of this planet are working. My insidious act will not be unnoticed if I stay here too long. I leave this area and move to the other building.

I looked at the building I was standing-- err, floating on. I realized something. HG is inside the building.

I could take back the galaxy right now... I know I just said that I can't take back the planets alone, but I didn't say anything about fighting him by myself. I've fought HG many times, and I won most of the time.

That's if you count stalemates. Our last encounter was one of the rare times where he had the upper-hand. As I said to him, 'this time isn't any different, it's always the same. You, me and a new plan.'

Our rivalry has been consistent for the past few hundred years, which seems like small potatoes, compared to the Crystal Gems' feud with Homeworld and the Diamond Authority. And our rivalry is actually kind of... normal.

As I said about HG being the most normal villain, he really isn't like the Diamonds, Spinel, Jasper, Moonlight or Charlotte. Even with his obsession, he is still normal compared to them, because he isn't fueled by vengeance like them. He's still bad, but not 'pure evil.'

Steven fought most of the villains as I mentioned, but his relationship with them isn't like mine with HG. Those villains were ones that just cropped up for him to pummel, HG is my problem that I've brought to the table. Therefore, I'm responsible for whatever he has done, because it was my job to keep him neutered in power.

Heh... I'm like his babysitter in a sense. Except it isn't funny when my irresponsibility is what led to this. And... believe or not, I think I like him as... I don't know.

If you ask me if I like HG, I will answer yes without hesitation. But if you ask me, 'as a friend or something more?' I will be stumped. He may not be handsome, or have the qualities a girl could want, but there's just something about him that sparks my interest.

Is it because of all the time we've spent together? Is it because he's very small? Is it because he looks goofy with that silly helmet on his cranium? 

I don't really know. I know I often poke fun at him with flirting, as it's my best tool against him to throw him off his game, but sometimes I contemplate on whether it's genuine. I shook my head, I can process my thoughts and feelings at a better time, and now, may be the moment where I can take him down. It's risky, but it's a risk I'm willing to take, this is my fault afterall. 

I entered the building via the ventilation, because it was small enough for me to crawl in it. It's the only entrance to the building that wasn't outfitted with a scanner meant to scan for me. If I remember correctly, I can crawl right to his room where he has a model of the galaxy along with a great view of this planet. 

However I saw a different room on my way there, and it was quite... interesting. This might be his brainstorming room, as he has a workbench and  a bulletin board full of pictures and notes. Guess who was on the bulletin board?

Me. It was all about me. I went inside the room for a quick minute or two just to see what he's planning.

I looked at the bulletin board, and I must admit, it's quite flattering how many pictures he has of me. He can deny it all he wants, but I know for a fact he spends most of his time thinking of me. Whether it's figuring out how to destroy me, or to study me, he still thinks about me, and I find it cute.

And I think of him, too, just to make it fair. The only difference is that I don't think about him 14 hours a day. Yes, I counted.

Although, it's kind of creepy that he has taken some of these photos without me knowing. How did he even get some of these? I disregarded the thought and went back to the vent to find his office.

I crawled all the way there, it was physically exhausting. I panted silently and peeked through the vent cover of the room. I can see him in a different chair, you know, a normal chair rather than a super-weapon of a chair.

What is he doing? I can't see, because the chair is faced away from my perspective, and since he's small, that chair restricts me from seeing his entire body, even his helmet is concealed by the chair. 

"Boss, there's an oil leak in the machine room."

I heard Iron Boarder's voice on the radio.

"Dammit, again?! What the hell did you do this time?!" I heard HG angrily snap at his one and only employee. 

"Nothing, I swear! It just happened!" 

HG sighed. "Don't you touch a thing! I'm coming over there."

He turned the chair around and his chest looked better, considering that the last time I saw him, I put a hole in his chest. I'm still angry with myself for injuring him like that. He doesn't have much of his body left, I can't keep taking what's left of him.

I took both of his arms and the skin on his back. I still regret doing those to him, as he can never get those back, along with his chest. When he tried getting down the chair, he accidentally slipped off and fell on his side. 

I heard something break, and it didn't sound like bones breaking.

"Oh, not again!" He cried as he was trying to adjust his chest in the right way.

It took me about a minute to realize that his chestplate slipped loose, and his organs were trying to spill. He kicked his legs back and forth in agony, and he looked like he was trying to call for help. He started gasping for air, his lungs must be crushed by something. 

Oh, God, what do I do?! I wanted to bust open the vent cover and save him before he dies. But if I do that, then I could risk getting caught and potentially killed. 

I could do what everyone else would want me to do, and just let him die... I did say I won't kill him, and him dying by an accident that wasn't caused by me isn't me killing him, is it? Everyone would call me a fool for saving him.

They would say, 'Rose, what is wrong with you?! Don't you understand that you could've ended his occupation by letting him die?' and they're valid for thinking that. I just don't know!

Should I save him and potentially get caught? Or let him die, and feel shameful for letting him die? You would want me to let him die, would you?

Well, I'm not doing it. I used my wand to bust open the vent cover and rushed over to him. I could see the shock in his eyes that I was suddenly here and looked like I was killing him.

I waved my wand and used a spell to move his organs back into their proper place. He passed out after being able to breathe again, thank God. I don't think I would want to have that kind of talk with him after doing that. 

I floated down the ground, next to his unconscious body. Now that he's not a threat for the moment, I can check to see the damage I've done to him. You have the right to call me a creep for wanting to see what he looks like beyond the chestplate, but I don't care.

I just... I need to see... I can't let my imagination assume the worst. I cut his uniform and ripped it apart to reveal the chestplate, along with his scrawny grey skin. The metal almost matches his skin. 

Oh, did he stable it? That just makes it worse. I used my wand to painlessly rip the stables off and I pried his chestplate off, and boy, do I regret it.

Oh, God, the smell! I almost puked at the smell hitting my nostrils. And the sight only made it worse. 

He's rotting on the inside, his heart and lungs are the only thing I see in his body. His small and large intestines are gone, his liver is gone, his stomach is gone, his kidneys are gone, pretty much most of his digestive system. He's little heart was hardly beating, I think he may have suffered a heart attack recently, from the looks of it. 

I could just reach over and pluck the heart right off his ventricles, and watch it beat in my hand before it stops. But only Nec'Rose would do that. No, she would eat his heart.

Just the mere mention of Nec'Rose terrifies me. I haven't fed her in a while, and she'll get hungry. But she isn't a priority right now. 

I looked at the rest of his body, and pondered something. You can call me an idiot all you want, but I'm restoring his body back to full health. What I mean is I'm basically making his chest and back grow back so he doesn't have to wear metal plates on his body, replenish his digestive organs and restore all of his organs to full health and make his arms grown back.

To add a cherry on top, I restored some of his teeth back, he lost them when Lapis threw an ice ball at his face. Restoring his body wouldn't change much of his powers, as he acted just fine without them, but maybe this could be the start of something else... I can't stay here much longer, he's going to wake up soon, or Iron Boarder will come in here when he realize that HG isn't coming to the machine room.

I crawled back into the ventilation and fled from this planet before I got caught. 

Huge Gigantacus' P.O.V.

Oh... what happened? The last thing I remember is falling off my chair and couldn't breathe. Then, I saw... Rose. 

I thought she was killing me. I guess she failed. Now, where am I?

"Boss, oh, you're alive!" I heard my employee say in relief.

I believe he's only saying that because that means I'm still paying him. 

"What happened?" I looked around, and it appears I'm in the infirmary. 

"You took a spill, and I came to see what happened. Apparently, your body healed up." He answered me.

Wait, WHAT?!

He showed me a mirror, and my x-ray. My chest and back are back to normal?! I CAN FEEL MY ARM AGAIN!

"How did this happen?!" I asked.

"Dunno." I heard him answer honestly.

I want answers! Who could-- Oh... Now, I know... It was Rose. Only she could do something like this.

"Leave." I shooed him away. "I need some time alone." 

"Sure, boss."  I hear him leave. 

Now, onto Rose. Why would she do something like this? Doesn't she know that it could help me?

Wait, what if this is a trick of some sort? Like, a spell that allows Rose to randomly control my arms and make them do whatever she wants them to do? She'd probably use it to punch myself in the face or stick Wet Willies in my ears. 

Even Rose can do childish things like that. I don't understand why she did this, though. Seriously, why would she do this?!

I've studied her for a long time, and she's never done something like this. I do remember the times when she took my arms and then my spine, and she never seemed to be remorseful of it either. So, taking that into context, she shouldn't heal my injuries!

All this time, after looking at her cute face and-- Wait, did I say CUTE?! Oh, no... This cannot be happening. 

I've been having different thoughts of Rose, and they weren't negative ones. I remember being evaluated by a doctor, and I asked about my thoughts, and she recommended that I see a therapist about it. Luckily for me, she was also a therapist. I asked her about my thoughts and strange feelings about Rose.

She told me that I have a crush on Rose. I almost killed the doctor out of spite. But I listened. 

She said that how I could confirm it is that I've followed the steps to classified Rose as my... crush.

1: The feeling of butterflies in my belly. 
2: My heart is skipping some beats.
3: I feel warm and giddy when Rose is around. 
4: I feel nervous and excited when I see her. 

Well, I've had three out of four. Now, I have four out of four. The missing step was feeling warm and giddy around Rose.

This absurd act of generosity has me feeling heated, as if a heating pad was placed on me. I certainly hope I'm suffering from some sort of mental derangement or delusion that could explain my feelings, or suddenly heated at the thought of Rose. No, this must be a mental illness. 

I can't feel this way about Rose. Not after all this time. I can't...

It's, Not. True.

IT CAN'T BE TRUE... R-Right?!

End of Chapter 9

7/13/2022

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 773 49
This AU (Alternative Universe) is about Steven who is 100% Human, not 50%. He also is still with the Crystal Gems, who don't really like him, on miss...
6.1K 81 22
After 13 years blue and yellow finally have their daughter as well as fixing their massive family problems
57.6K 1.1K 72
This is a story of a star becomes loved by a rock.
5.5K 158 23
A Steven Universe AU where Steven meets his full human counterpart. Both of them look so alike yet they're both so different in preference, personali...