The Stranger on the Train

By Just_writing_a_bit

Y/n is on her way to New York to start a new life there. On the train she meets a blonde woman and her daught... More

Chapter 1: Dolphins
Chapter 2: Drawings
Chapter 3: Goodbye for now
Chapter 4: New York
Chapter 5: First day
Chapter 6: See you again
Chapter 7: Park
Chapter 8: Second job
Chapter 9: Walks and talks
Chapter 11: I'm famous
Chapter 12: Dinner
Chapter 13: Second job and apartment
Chapter 14: Moving day
Chapter 15: Emergency
Chapter 16: Little dolphin
Chapter 17: Good morning
Chapter 18: Casual Thursday
Chapter 19: Saturday night
Chapter 20: Movies and storm
Chapter 21: Another morning
Chapter 22: Important talk
Chaper 23: First date
Chapter 24: Fancy restaurant
Chapter 25: Marvel
Chapter 26: Little waitress
Chapter 27: Hot
Chapter 28: Lotion and water guns
Chapter 29: Movies
Chapter 30: Taking care
Chapter 31: Is it my fault?
Chapter 32: Second date
Chapter 33: Will you be my girlfriend?
Chapter 34: Questions
Chapter 35: Gold digger
Chapter 36: Lizzie
Chapter 37: Girls night
Chapter 38: Boat date
Chapter 39: New opportunities and costumes
Chapter 40: Halloween
Chapter 41: Aquarium
Chapter 42: Tourist things
Chapter 43: First time*
Chapter 44: Florence
Chapter 45: Warm enough*
Chapter 46: Holiday plans
Chapter 47: Scarlett's birthday
Chapter 48: Cooking with Flo
Chapter 49: Thanksgiving and jealousy
Chapter 50: Spa Day
Chapter 51: Full relaxation
Chapter 52: Swimming lesson
Chapter 53: Cookies and skates
Chapter 54: Future plans
Chapter 55: Birthday
Chapter 56: Trust
Chapter 57: School problems
Chapter 58: Train and family meeting
Chapter 59: Christmas morning
Chapter 60: Grave
Chapter 61: Exes and Stars
Chapter 62: Back home
Chapter 63: New Year
Chapter 64: The new job
Chapter 65: Night out
Chapter 66: New apartment
Chapter 67: Snow
Chapter 68: Sick
Chapter 69: Cloud 9
Chapter 70: Pleasure
Chapter 71: Furniture shopping
Chapter 72: Goodbye
Chapter 73: Zoo
Chapter 74: Valentine's Day
Chapter 75: Snow day
Chapter 76: Winter break
Chapter 77: Just keep swimming
Chapter 78: Rumors
Chapter 79: Rose's birthday
Chapter 80: Surprise
Chapter 81: Poor baby
Chapter 82: You're not her mother!
Chapter 83: Black Widow and L.A.
Chapter 84: Anniversary
Chapter 85: Skinny dipping and more
Chapter 86: Horse back riding
Chapter 87: Beach Day
Chapter 88: Bachelorette and flower girl
Chapter 89: Venue and puzzle pieces
Chapter 90: Lizzie's wedding
Chapter 91: Red carpet
Chapter 92: Strawberries and loose teeth
Chapter 93: Florida
Chapter 94: I will always protect you
Chapter 95: Welcome to the mile high club
Chapter 96: London
Chapter 97: Lost
Chapter 98: Camping
Chapter 99: Finally diving in the ocean
Chapter 100: One plus one equals love
Book 2 is out now!
A New Scarlett Book

Chapter 10: Gossip

9.5K 328 47
By Just_writing_a_bit

Pov y/n

The next day is my day off and I decided to just enjoy my free time, laying in bed and catching up on some shows I started to watch.

Since last night where I watched the sunset with Scarlett, one thought doesn't leave my mind: am I really starting to fall for her?
I only met her a little over one week ago and we only saw each other two times since then.

Is it possible to fall for someone this quick?
Or is it maybe just a wish?
I don't know why it would be but maybe that's a possibility?

I sigh.
Why is it so hard to accept that I might have feelings for Scarlett?
I mean, she is great in every way.
But she also has a kid and opened up to me about being careful who she introduces into Rose's life.

I know she won't just start dating me. Besides, I don't even know if she likes women. Just because she supports LGBTQ, doesn't mean she is a part of it. But on the other hand, she did come of slightly flirty yesterday.
Or am I interpreting too much into this because I wish she would feel similar to me?

I let my head drop back into the pillow before looking back at the screen, watching the totally forgotten show on there. I keep my focus on the screen, not wanting to overthink my whole situation again.

When my phone vibrates, I pick it up and see my friend Kelly send me a link.

Internally I roll my eyes as it's probably just some gossip about some celebrity. Kelly loves reading those kind of articles and always knows what's going on, who's dating who, which couple split up and who just got a child.
I honestly don't care about all of that. Those people are just normal humans and deserve privacy.
I know I can't really change that they are followed by paparazzi or that there are articles about them but I still feel like I give them their privacy due to not reading those articles.

Seeing it from my perspective, I also wouldn't want my private life to be discussed in the media, it's no one's business but mine and same goes for celebrities. Their life isn't my business, so why read every little detail about it?

I choose to ignore the link and go back to watching my show. When my phone vibrates again, I almost huff and read Kelly's message that tells me I have to look at this. This time I don't ignore it and write her back.

Y/n: You know, I'm not interested in this kind of gossip

Kelly: I know but this one is different

Y/n: In what way?

Kelly: It's about you

I stare at Kelly's last message in disbelieve. How can there be an article about me? I didn't do anything and no one knows who I am.
My interest is awaken now and I follow the link which leads me, who would have known, to a gossip page with the headline: Scarlett Johansson, seen with an unknown woman.

Underneath there are a few pictures, showing a bench in front of a beach. The sun sets in the background. On the bench there are two people but only the backs of their heads are visible.
The next picture is from a different angle. This time I recognize Scarlett's face. It's a little fuzzy but it's her.
My face isn't really visible in this picture but I know it's me next to her on that bench. The last picture shows us a bit earlier when Scarlett was hugging me.
I start to read the article.

Scarlett Johansson has been seen with an unknown woman. They were spotted in the Marine Park Salt Marsh Nature Trail. The first two pictures show them on a bench, watching the sunset. They're sitting close together which leads to the believe, that they know each other quite well. Both seem happy and caught up in the moment.
The last picture shows them earlier that day, where we can see Scarlett Johansson hugging this unknown woman.
It's not clear who she is but they seem to know each other quite well.
Now we wonder, who is this mysterious woman? And what has she to do with Scarlett Johansson? Are they just friends or more?

From anonymous sources we heard that those two women have been seen together before with Scarlett's daughter. Rose and the new woman seemed to get along great and were playing around.
A potential new lover? Or are they already dating? And when and where did it happen?

A lot of fans are also wondering, is Scarlett Johansson now a part of the LGBTQ+ family? She seems really happy with her "new family", as people told us. The Marvel star didn't say anything about this woman herself, so we have to keep guessing and waiting for more information.
Who knows, maybe the actress will make their relationship official soon. Or maybe they are just friends.
[Click here to subscribe to not miss these news.]

I stare at the article for a few more seconds before the information slowly reaches my brain. Scarlett is famous?
I mean she did look somehow familiar but I could never tell why. And I especially never would have guessed that she's a celebrity.
Not because she isn't beautiful and apparently very talented but she trusted me so fast with Rose and also herself. I would have thought she would be more...hesitant because of paparazzi or so.

My mind spins fast and I still can't quite comprehend what I just read. People think we're dating?
We don't even know each other this long and I'm not sure what I feel for Scarlett.

I can't quite judge people for thinking there might be something going on because it does look romantic on the picture but jumping to the conclusion that we're dating or that I'm already part of her and Rose's daily life?
That seems a little...fast.
Wait, was this the reason she put on a cap and sunglasses when we were outside with Rose and kept looking around? Because she was searching for paparazzi?

I close my phone and drop it onto the bed beside me. It didn't even take the news a whole day until they published what happened last night. Those magazines work fast. But luckily, they don't know who I am, I wouldn't want my whole life to be on display for everyone.

Before I can think even more about it, a message from Scarlett arrives.

Scarlett: Do you have time to talk today?

I stare at the message for a few seconds, this sounds very serious.

Y/n: Yes, I do.

Scarlett: Okay, just send me your address and I will pick you up, okay?

Y/n: Okay, sure.

I send her the address of my hotel and start to get ready, not sure when she will be here.
My show is long forgotten and I close my laptop. I put on some jeans and a t-shirt before brushing my hair and collecting my keys, wallet and phone.

Before I leave the room, I check if I have everything and lock the door. I head down to the entrance hall and step outside the hotel. My eyes search the street for Scarlett but she doesn't seem to be here yet, so I just stand there and wait while my thoughts start to run wild again.

What if she wants to tell me that we can't see each other again?
The rumors are too strong or have too much of an effect on Rose and Scarlett doesn't want that. Or what if she blames me for the rumors?
Maybe she thinks I started them to, I don't know, demand money form them to stop?
I don't want her to think I'm a bad person, especially since I really didn't know who she was.

My attention is brought back when a dark silver car with tainted windows stops in front of the hotel.

One of the windows rolls down and I can see Scarlett in the driver's seat. She offers me a smile that's a little more stiff than usual and her eyes dart around the street.
Without needing her to tell me, I get into the passenger's seat and put on the seatbelt. She rolls the window up again and starts to drive as soon as I'm buckled up.

Silence fills the car as she concentrates on the traffic. My eyes look around the car a little and through the mirror I can see a child seat in the back, probably for Rose.
After learning that she's a celebrity, I probably shouldn't be surprised by the tainted windows since this seems to be her private car.

The silence continues and Scarlett also seems to notice that it's a little uncomfortable and turns the radio on. She's definitely tense and I can only guess why.
Just the fact that she picked me up in her car, a car in that no one can look into, tells me that this is about the article I read back at the hotel.

My nerves start to act up again and my hands start to play with the zipper of the little bag I have with me. This is the end of whatever this was. She will tell me that she can't see me again because of the rumors. And she couldn't tell me over text because she's worried I'll spread even more rumors. But I would never do anything to hurt her, why would I?

We stop at a redlight and she looks over to me, noticing my nervous state. She smiles at me a little, not as stiff as before, which actually is a good sign.

"Take a deep breath, please." She says and her eyes show a slight sign of worry.

Is she worried about me? Or about my reaction?
Doesn't matter right now because she is right, I need to breathe.
So, I take a deep breath and focus on keeping my breathing calm. She smiles at that before turning to look at the street again.

I push my thoughts down for now, I don't want to freak out in her car. Instead, I concentrate on my breathing and watch her drive.
Her eyes are glued to the road and her body seems relaxed. One hand rests on the top of the steering wheel while the other lays on the bottom.

I admirer her side profile that is just as stunning as the rest of her. She really is the most beautiful woman I ever saw.

When her eyes shortly look at me, she smiles as she catches me staring at her. My face heats up and I look away. This was embarrassing. But I can't help it, for some reason she looks really attractive while driving a car.

The rest of the drive I only subtly look at her but mostly out of the window. We drive over a long bridge and I can tell we're in Manhattan now.
I'm wondering a little where she will take me. I mean, I do know that she lives in Manhattan but will she bring me to her house or to an office place or something?

My question is answered as we drive into the drive way next to a house. I suppose she really took me to her home.

She gets out of the car after she turned it off and I get outside as well. We're in front of a garage right now but that doesn't bother her. I watch the gate to the driveway close and then turn around to watch Scarlett walking to the front door of the house.

The house is quite big but not enormous. She unlocks the door and enters the house. I follow her and my eyes grow in interest as I look around. Being inside and seeing everything surprises me, I don't know why and I don't know what I expected but it's not quite this.

The entrance hallway leads into another room and stairs lead upstairs. The floor is wooden and the walls are painted white. There's a small cupboard to my left and a shelf next to it. In the shelf I see a bunch of shoes, children's as well as adult's.
I assume in the cupboard are coats and jackets but due to the warm temperature outside, there's no jacket needed right now.

Scarlett gets out of her shoes and puts them into the shelf. I do so as well and she gives me an appreciated smile. My eyes look around the hallways a little more and I see a small bench next to the shoe shelf with Rose's name on it, probably for her to put her shoes on easier. Opposite of the shoe shelf and the bench is a full-sized mirror. Next to it there is a picture, probably drawn by Rose, that shows a child and a mother on a field of flowers, the sun above them and both are smiling.
It's a really cute drawing and I can't help it but to smile.

On the other side of the mirror are the stairs. Opposite of them is a door that I can't tell what's behind but it doesn't matter. Next to it is another door that also gives me no clue on what's behind it. Scarlett leads me a little further down the entrance hallway and we reach an open room.
It's quite big and my eyes try to look at everything.

To my right there is a huge kitchen, the floor and walls tiled and a kitchen aisle in the middle. It looks really clean as my eyes scan over everything. On the left side of the kitchen, there's a dinning area with a big table that fits ten people, with one person on the head and ending each. The table is wooden and the chairs are leather, I don't know if real or fake. Either way, they look comfortable.

There are also bar stools at the kitchen aisle. To my left side, there is an open living room. It's also quite big and has a fireplace with a TV above, two couches that create an L form, a coffee table in the middle.
Behind the couch that is facing the fireplace and has it's back to us, there is a sideboard with two pictures on it. One shows Scarlett and Rose, cuddled up on one of the couches and beaming into the camera. The other one shows Rose with her fingers full of paint that she holds into the camera, a laugh on her face. Between the pictures is a flower bouquet.

I step a little closer towards the couch that is facing us with it's back. To my left is now the other couch while to my right there is one arm chair. Next to the fireplace on this side, there is a toy box and a rug with little bugs on it. On top of the toy box are some crayons and papers. Behind the armchair there is a glass front leading outside into a garden.

Scarlett walks around the couch and sits on the one that faces the fireplace. I follow her slowly and sit a bit away from her on the same couch. She takes a deep breath. "We need to talk."

A/n: It's getting a bit tense. What do you think, how will Scarlett react and what will she tell us?

Thanks for reading and love to you all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.9K 4.2K 31
A story between Scarlett Johansson and Y/N L/N. Y/N L/N is a thirty-six-year-old woman. She owns a publishing company, L/N's publishing company, and...
293K 9.5K 45
Book One - Y/N is a world renowned scientist with a past she would like to forget. When the opportunity to work with the Avengers is offered to Y/N s...
350K 14.5K 42
Story between Scarlett Johansson and Y/N L/N. This is a story about two friends who decided to step into the dangerous territory of being friends wi...
158K 7.4K 43
Story between Scarlett Johansson and Y/N L/N. For years, Y/N has been living a double life. Everything was working just right, until she met the gre...