Once Upon Online

By ryeji4life

Yeji living in Canada with her boyfriend and daughter. She's very unhappy with her life. She meets a guy onli... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
chapter 62
chapter 63
chapter 64
chapter 65
chapter 66
chapter 67
chapter 68
chapter 69
chapter 70
chapter 71
chapter 72
chapter 73
chapter 74
chapter 75
chapter 76
chapter 77
chapter 78
chapter 79
chapter 80
chapter 81
chapter 82
chapter 83
chapter 84
chapter 85
chapter 86
chapter 87
chapter 88
chapter 89
chapter 90
chapter 91
chapter 92
chapter 93
chapter 94
chapter 95
chapter 96
chapter 97
chapter 98
chapter 99
chapter 100
chapter 101
chapter 102
chapter 103
chapter 104
chapter 105
chapter 106
chapter 107
chapter 108
chapter 109
chapter 110
chapter 111
chapter 112
chapter 113
chapter 114
chapter 115
chapter 116
chapter 117
chapter 118
chapter 119
chapter 120
chapter 121
chapter 122
chapter 123
chapter 124
chapter 125
chapter 126
chapter 127
chapter 128
chapter 129
chapter 130
chapter 131
chapter 132
chapter 133
chapter 134
chapter 135
chapter 136
chapter 137
chapter 139
chapter 140
chapter 141
chapter 142
chapter 143
chapter 144
chapter 145
chapter 146
chapter 147
chapter 148
chapter 149
chapter 150
chapter 151
chapter 152
chapter 153
chapter 154
chapter 155
chapter 156
chapter 157
chapter 158
chapter 159
chapter 160

chapter 138

1.4K 73 37
By ryeji4life

It's Travis and Karina's wedding today. I'm in the room with my sister while a group of people get her ready. Ryujin is with Travis because that guy likes to steal her from me.

"You look beautiful" my mom compliments Karina.

"Yeah, you're alright. Not as beautiful as me on my wedding but you're alright" I tease her.

"I still can't believe you got married before me. You had kids before me, married before me but I might get a divorce before you" She jokes.

"Yeah right. As much as you get mad at Travis, you love him."

"I'm happy that you two are doing well" my mom says.

"As a mother, I can finally breathe knowing that you two are in good hands" she smiles.

"Thank you for coming, mom" Karina smiles back.

"I wouldn't miss my daughter's wedding. Also, my grandkids adoption ceremony."

We did get a date for the adoption ceremony. It's a week from now so Ryujin has been in a good mood since we got the letter in the mail.

"Is dad upset that I didn't keep his name or that the kids are not keeping his name?" I ask.

My dad is also here for the wedding but he's out helping with everything else to make sure everything is ready.

"No, it's your decision whether you want to keep your name or change it. Him and I don't get a say to that. I'm sure you have your reasons as to why you decided to change it."

"Is Travis upset you're not taking his last name?" My mom ask my sister.

"No, he could care less. I did tell him though that I'm just too lazy to change every single document I have if I change my name and he understood" Karina chuckles.

"Why did you decide to take Ryujin's name instead of keeping yours?" My sister ask.

"A few reasons, when I pictured my family, I always pictured we would all have the same last names. Back then when I thought I would be marrying man, I already decided I would take his last name. Since I ended up marrying Ryujin I just decided to take hers. She didn't force me or anything. She even suggested that she take mine."

"But this may seem dumb" I pause for a bit to try to gather my thoughts.

"I also saw it as me starting fresh. Yeji Hwang was someone who was beaten emotionally and verbally until there was nothing left of her. I wanted to put that past me behind and focus on improving the me now. Me taking Ryujin's name and becoming Yeji Shin is more of just a symbol or a reminder that I'm not weak anymore. I'm not someone who's gonna let people mistreat me. I won't be the Yeji that's afraid of not being love but be the Yeji that knows the type of love she deserves."

"For once I'm happy of who I am. I'm happy with the life I have. I'm happy that I can encourage my kids to be who they are without feeling like a fraud. I'm happy that I can teach them to have confidence in themselves and not have to rely on Ryujin for that."

Both my mom and sister smile proudly at me.

"I'm curious though. Have you and Ryujin ever fought before?" My mom ask.

"I mean we've had disagreements. Every couple has that but nothing major. I think we're so in tune with each other that we naturally just become considerate of each other's needs and it works for us" I answer.

Karina is done getting ready and it's almost time for her wedding to start. She does some final touches and we head out so she can go to her spot.

I walk to the front first then Eva is the flower girl while Ervin and TJ are the ring bearers.

Its finally Karina's turn and I look at Travis to see his reaction. As expected, the boy is in tears. It's amazing that his love for her is still so strong even though they've been together for almost ten years.

The officiant starts his opening speech and shares a little story about Karina and Travis.

"Our lovely couple has decided to write their own vows" the officiant says, "Would you like to start?" He looks at Karina.

I hand my sister her vows and she takes a deep breath, "Travis, I honestly never thought I would marry you. I didn't even think you and I would last after we graduated high school because you were so annoying and obnoxious back then" the crowd laughs.

"But you were always there for me. When my parents were going through their divorce, you never left my side. You knew when to be serious and you made sure that I knew I'm not alone with whatever I was going through. I know I'm not always the easiest to get along with but you never try to change me. You accept everything that I am. The good and the bad. Thank you for being the best partner anyone could ask for."

"Now I can't promise you that I will be nicer but I can promise to be with you until the end. I promise to always support you. I promise to love and care for you for as long as I live. I promise to be a partner you deserve" my sister finishes her vows.

"Travis?" The officiant gestures for him to start.

Travis clears his throat, "I promised myself that I wouldn't cry" he chuckles.

"But seeing you in your dress, everything felt surreal. How did I get so lucky to find the woman of my dreams at such a young age? How did I get so lucky that the same woman has stayed with me all these years? I don't make it easy on you. Not one bit but you're still here. Your patience for me is impeccable. Yours and my family knows that I do have the tendency to be annoying and obnoxious and I will own up to it. I do stupid things and sometimes I get people involved in my stupid things" Travis looks back at Ryujin because she's the one that he's been involving with his shenanigans.

"But I'm sorry it's taken this long for us to actually get married. In my mind though, you've been my wife for the longest time even if it wasn't on official paper. You don't know how much you mean to me. You're my greatest joy and then you gave me the greatest gift, our son. Thank you for taking care of me. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for being you. Now, I can't offer you much because look at me" he points to himself and everyone laughs.

"But I can offer you my heart, my time, my attention and my life. All of them are yours. I will spend all of my life to be the best husband I can be to you. I love you, Karina and now that we're getting married, we should try for baby number two soon."

Karina was in tears but now laughing.

The officiant does his thing again, had them kiss, blah blah blah while everyone claps.

---

During the reception, the fun begins. Everyone is laughing, dancing, drinking and just celebrating.

"Mommy" Eva tugs on my dress.

"Yes" I lower myself so I can hear her better.

"Ryuda needs help. She's hurt" Eva informs me.

I immediately pick her up, "Where is she?"

"She's in the toilet."

I go to the restroom as quickly as I can and my brain can only think of so many bad scenarios. I start to get worried if something really serious that Eva had to come to me in that crowd of people by herself.

"Ryujin?" I knock on the door before entering.

I see her standing there, looking like she's okay.

"Eva said you were hurt" I enter the restroom.

"I am" she says.

I put Eva down, "What's wrong?"

"I miss you and my heart can't take it" Ryujin grabs her chest and closes her eyes like her heart hurts.

"Oh my god. I thought something serious happened to you!" I approach her so I can smack her.

"You left Eva alone just so you can lure me in here?" I cross my arms.

"No mommy. Auntie Yuna was watching me the whole time. This was Ryuda's plan. I added the she's hurt part" Eva admits.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because sometimes you take too long" she shrugs her shoulders.

"I swear she's getting her sassiness from you" I face Ryujin again.

"Can I have a hug now? I haven't held you since last night and I'm starting to forget how you feel" Ryujin pouts.

I shake my head while chuckling and go in for a hug.

"Ryuda loves mommy" Eva comments.

"Mommy loves Ryuda too" I say.

"Mommy and Ryuda loves Eva!" She shouts.

"What about Ervin?" I ask while Ryujin still holds on to me.

"He's in timeout" Eva says.

"What? Why?" I try to turn around to look at Eva but Ryujin won't let me go.

"He ate my candy" Eva cutely crosses her arms.

"I have to go" Ryujin sighs.

"Where?" She finally let me go.

"Travis has a special performance for your sister so remember this is all his idea. I have nothing to do with it. I'm just a performer" she closes her eyes.

"Is it bad?" I get worried.

"It's not bad. It's definitely something Travis would do but your sister might not embrace it right away."

"I'll see you later. I love you" She kisses me.

"I love you too" I kiss her one last time.

"Eva, let's go" Ryujin picks her up.

"Bye mommy!" Her little hand waves at me.

Then I realize, did they just leave me?

I walk back out to the reception and I guess they're setting up for Travis' performance.

My sister is sitting in the center while Travis is up on stage with Ryujin and Lisa.

"Do you know what this is about? Lisa told me this is something Karina will remember for the rest of her life" Rosé stands next to me.

"I have no clue. Ryujin just mentioned it earlier" I say.

"Hello everyone. I'm the groom, Travis" he speaks into the mic.

"My friends here will help me perform a song for my wife" he looks at my sister, "Karina, I hope you like it. I love you" everyone claps.

The song starts playing.

"No is a dirty word, never gonna say it first. No is just the thought that never crosses my mind" Travis sings first.

That's when I realize the song they're singing. Travis might not be alive after today.

"Maybe in the parking lot. Better bring your friend along. Better off together than just one at a time" Ryujin sings next. I can't believe they didn't stop him from doing this.

"S is for the simple need" Lisa sings.

"E is for the ecstasy" its Ryujin's turn.

"X is just to mark the spot cause that's the one you really want" Travis makes eye contact with my sister and I cover my mouth from shock.

"He's a dead man" Rosé laughs.

"There's no way he's singing this in front of everyone right?" Lia and Chaeryeong shows up from behind me.

"Pay attention. I helped them with this" Yuna proudly claims.

"Yuna, why?" Chaeryeong ask.

"I didn't think Travis would be dumb enough to take a joke seriously."

"Yes, sex is always the answer. Its never a question because the answer's yes. Oh, not just a suggestion. If you ask the question then it's always yes, yeah" the three sings together but Ryujin is looking at me while Lisa looks at Rosé.

Travis comes down the stage and sings while walking to my sister, "I'm loving what you wanna wear. I wonder what's up under there. Wonder if I'll ever have it under my tongue" he kneels in front of Karina.

"I'd love to try to set you free. All of you all over me. Love to hear the sound you make the second you're done" he grunts, trying to be sexy.

Ryujin and Lisa sings the chorus while Travis attempts to seduce my sister.

The song finishes and Travis waits for my sister's reaction.

"Dumbass" my sister scoffs.

Travis looks nervous like he just did something stupid which he did but my sister suddenly laughs, "But you're my dumbass and don't do that again" she stands up to hug him.

"To our newlywed couple everyone" Ryujin cheers into the mic then claps so everyone follows along.

The rest of the night I'm able to hang out with Ryujin and the kids. We danced as a family until our feet couldn't take it anymore. Another happy moment I'll remember and treasure forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.3K 1.3K 19
[Ryeji fanfic] Ryujin thought she was in love, until she meet Lucy's twin sister. Ryujin g!p +18 From Wild Tales book.
99.2K 4.1K 18
Ryujin was completely head over heels for Hwang Yeji. Unfortunately, Yeji never noticed her throughout high school. Or, so she thought. Ryujin thoug...
642K 33.4K 86
Arranged marriage AU Shin Ryujin, the girl surrounded by rumors, finds herself in an arranged marriage with Hwang Yeji, the girl who closed herself o...
30K 1K 20
University student Hwang Yeji finds herself in a fake relationship with rising Kpop soloist - Shin Ryujin. One problem? Yeji and Ryujin are exes. Ry...