The Stranger on the Train

Autorstwa Just_writing_a_bit

Y/n is on her way to New York to start a new life there. On the train she meets a blonde woman and her daught... Więcej

Chapter 1: Dolphins
Chapter 2: Drawings
Chapter 3: Goodbye for now
Chapter 5: First day
Chapter 6: See you again
Chapter 7: Park
Chapter 8: Second job
Chapter 9: Walks and talks
Chapter 10: Gossip
Chapter 11: I'm famous
Chapter 12: Dinner
Chapter 13: Second job and apartment
Chapter 14: Moving day
Chapter 15: Emergency
Chapter 16: Little dolphin
Chapter 17: Good morning
Chapter 18: Casual Thursday
Chapter 19: Saturday night
Chapter 20: Movies and storm
Chapter 21: Another morning
Chapter 22: Important talk
Chaper 23: First date
Chapter 24: Fancy restaurant
Chapter 25: Marvel
Chapter 26: Little waitress
Chapter 27: Hot
Chapter 28: Lotion and water guns
Chapter 29: Movies
Chapter 30: Taking care
Chapter 31: Is it my fault?
Chapter 32: Second date
Chapter 33: Will you be my girlfriend?
Chapter 34: Questions
Chapter 35: Gold digger
Chapter 36: Lizzie
Chapter 37: Girls night
Chapter 38: Boat date
Chapter 39: New opportunities and costumes
Chapter 40: Halloween
Chapter 41: Aquarium
Chapter 42: Tourist things
Chapter 43: First time*
Chapter 44: Florence
Chapter 45: Warm enough*
Chapter 46: Holiday plans
Chapter 47: Scarlett's birthday
Chapter 48: Cooking with Flo
Chapter 49: Thanksgiving and jealousy
Chapter 50: Spa Day
Chapter 51: Full relaxation
Chapter 52: Swimming lesson
Chapter 53: Cookies and skates
Chapter 54: Future plans
Chapter 55: Birthday
Chapter 56: Trust
Chapter 57: School problems
Chapter 58: Train and family meeting
Chapter 59: Christmas morning
Chapter 60: Grave
Chapter 61: Exes and Stars
Chapter 62: Back home
Chapter 63: New Year
Chapter 64: The new job
Chapter 65: Night out
Chapter 66: New apartment
Chapter 67: Snow
Chapter 68: Sick
Chapter 69: Cloud 9
Chapter 70: Pleasure
Chapter 71: Furniture shopping
Chapter 72: Goodbye
Chapter 73: Zoo
Chapter 74: Valentine's Day
Chapter 75: Snow day
Chapter 76: Winter break
Chapter 77: Just keep swimming
Chapter 78: Rumors
Chapter 79: Rose's birthday
Chapter 80: Surprise
Chapter 81: Poor baby
Chapter 82: You're not her mother!
Chapter 83: Black Widow and L.A.
Chapter 84: Anniversary
Chapter 85: Skinny dipping and more
Chapter 86: Horse back riding
Chapter 87: Beach Day
Chapter 88: Bachelorette and flower girl
Chapter 89: Venue and puzzle pieces
Chapter 90: Lizzie's wedding
Chapter 91: Red carpet
Chapter 92: Strawberries and loose teeth
Chapter 93: Florida
Chapter 94: I will always protect you
Chapter 95: Welcome to the mile high club
Chapter 96: London
Chapter 97: Lost
Chapter 98: Camping
Chapter 99: Finally diving in the ocean
Chapter 100: One plus one equals love
Book 2 is out now!

Chapter 4: New York

10.8K 334 12
Autorstwa Just_writing_a_bit

Pov y/n

New York is busy but I expected that.
My eyes look around, darting from one tall building to another while I walk through the streets to find my hotel.

I navigate through a small crowd of people and continue my way.
Eventually I have to get my phone out to look up the way. I may have gotten lost a few streets back but I suppose that's part of the adventure when visiting New York.

Around fifteen minutes later, I find my hotel. It's not very glamorous but I didn't want that anyway. It just would have been overly expensive.
I go to the counter and check-in. The friendly woman behind the counter gives me my key and tells me where my room is. With a polite nod I thank her and make my way to the elevator.
My room isn't high up, just the fifth floor.

When I reach it, I open the door with my key and step in.
It's small but has everything I need. There's a comfortable looking double bed, a small bathroom with a shower and a tiny fridge that I suppose contains overly expensive snacks. It's small but clean and that's all that matters.

I close the door behind me and pull my suitcase towards the closet next to the bed. When the weight of my backpack is lifted off my shoulders, I sigh in relief and fall back onto the bed. It really is comfortable.
My eyes wander to the window that looks out onto the street and the houses on the other side, nothing special.

After a few more seconds of just laying there, I get up and start to unpack my suitcase. I don't know for how long I will live here but I hope not for too long.
But I still don't want to live out of my bag.
When I unpack my backpack, I stop when I pull out the picture frame. My finger traces over the glass and my eyes are glued to this one face. My heart clenches for a few seconds but I put on a smile and put the picture onto my nightstand.

The rest is unpacked quickly and I sit back down on my bed.
Exhaustion washes over me, the busy morning, the train ride, the excitement and the walk here made me tired. So, I lay down on my bed and look up at the ceiling, my hands resting next to my body.

The buzzing of my phone brings me back to reality and I take it to look who texted me. I smile at the message my mom sent me and decide to call her. It only takes a few seconds until she picks up.

"Hey, honey." She greets me and I smile at the sound of her familiar voice in these foreign surroundings.

"Hey Mom." I say back. "I wanted to let you know that I arrived safely and am in my hotel room now."
She lets out a breath and I can almost see her body relaxing at the information.

"That's great, how was the train ride?" She asks and I smile when I remember Scarlett and Rose.

"It was good, time almost flew by and no complications. How are you, Mom?" I ask and shuffle a little to rest my head on a pillow.

"I'm alright, still a little sad you left but that's just the process of growing up and you're 25, you can't forever live here." She sighs and I nod, even though she can't see it.

It was hard for my mother when I told her I would move but she understood it. Still, it wasn't easy to watch her oldest daughter move to a different state.
My college was in the same state and I was able to visit my family on the weekends but now with the long train ride, that probably won't happen very often.
I won't lie, I miss my home too but I needed to get out of there, I needed to get my own life together and find out who I am and who I want to be. Sounds cheesy, I know but after living in a small town for almost twenty-two years, it feels good to be independent now.

"How are Marla and Bennett?" I ask. My mom calls for them and a few seconds later, I hear my sister's voice through the phone.

"Hey, y/n. Can you tell Bennett that I can get your room now?" She quickly asks before the phone is ripped out of her hand and after some short bantering, I hear my brother's voice.

"No, tell her I get it. I've always been loyal to you and never set your dolls on fire." He argues.

"That was one time!" I hear Marla from the background and chuckle at their little fight. They both want my room since it's a little bigger than theirs because I was born a few years before them. But I'll let mom handle that.

"Behave, you two monsters." I laugh and get two offended huffs back before the phone is passed back to my mom.

"Alright, I will take a nap now. I love you." I say.

"Good idea and I love you too." Mom answers before we hang up. I drop my phone back onto the bed and cross my arms behind my head.

My thoughts wander to the train ride today and green eyes come to my mind. I smile and feel a small tingle in my stomach but try to ignore that.
She was just a stranger I met on a train. A very beautiful one, no doubt, but still.
Her daughter was adorable though and it melted my heart that Rose liked the picture we drew so much.
Both of them gave off a happy and excited energy, that I honestly adore. As well as the way Scarlett looked at her daughter, like she is the most precious thing in the world.

My thoughts still swirling around the two blondes I met in the train, my eyelids get heavier and I eventually fall asleep.

I'm woken up by an ambulance driving by and open my eyes. For a few seconds I'm confused where I am until I remember that I'm in New York in my hotel room. A smile spreads on my face and I look at the ceiling a few more seconds before I sit up and stretch my arms. I check the time, it's 5 pm now, so I can still walk around and explore a little bit.

So, I get up and dressed, grab my backpack and head out of the hotel.
A warm wind lets my hair fly around a little.
For the last day of July it's not too hot and I enjoy being outside. The sun isn't too high anymore and doesn't blind me when I walk down the street.

I decide to just walk around a bit to explore the closer surroundings of my hotel. When I see something interesting in a shop window, I stroll over and take a closer look. I am aware that I can't really afford to buy anything yet because the money I saved will be used for my hotel room and food but it's nice to look at stuff.
There are quite some interesting people walking around and I enjoy the diversity of people.
Back in my home town, there wasn't that much diversity which I thought was sad because I like getting to know other cultures.

My mind wanders off again, just thinking about random things while I walk around.

I end up in front of a coffeeshop. It's not very big but radiates a comfortable flair. I decide to go inside and am meet with a calm but inviting atmosphere. There are some book shelfs on one side of the store and a few plants decorate the windows. I step to the counter, my eyes looking over the menu.

"Hello, what can I do for you?" I am greeted by a woman my age who smiles kindly at me.

I look over the menu again and order a tea and a muffin. Coffee would just keep me awake too long.
The woman nods and types in my order. I pay for it and take my tea and muffin and sit down at a table close to the book shelf. My eyes read the different titles while I sip on my tea.

A poetry book catches my eye and I pull it out to look at some of the poems. They are sweet and when I read one about a forest in sunlight, which is really good, a pair of green eyes comes to my mind.
They have a similar color as the trees described in the poem.
I shake my head to clear my thoughts and put the book back.

I look around the store further and notice a little sign "Help wanted". Well, isn't that what I hoped for? Finding a job quickly? And this coffeeshop seems to be nice to work in.

After finishing my muffin and tea, I bring the cup back to the counter. The woman smiles at me again and takes the cup. I point to the sign.

"Is that job still available?" I ask and she looks at me surprised, probably not thinking I would ask.

"Yes, are you interested?" Her smile a bit friendlier now and she tilts her head in question. I nod.

"I am. What kind of job is it? Part or full time?" I ask further.

"Part time, we need someone for the first shift because most of the people who work here are college students who want to earn some money but have classes in the morning." She explains and by her tone I can tell that she is worried that it will put me off.

Does it though? I mean I'd prefer a full time job. Not only because it would occupy me longer but it pays more money and I think I can't pay rent off of only a part time job. But on the other hand, this job is available now and the sooner I have a job, the sooner I can look for apartments. Besides, I will find another part time job to fill the rest of the day. I nod slowly.

"Okay, I would like to take that job." I agree and her smile grows a little more.

"Great. I will inform my boss. Come back in tomorrow at 8 am, then she can talk to you and give you a contract and a working schedule."

"Okay, I will be in time." I say with a smile and the woman nods, writing a little note to talk to her boss. She asks for my name before we say goodbye and I step out of the shop.

Since I walked around without looking at the streets name, I now have to look where I am exactly to find my way back to the shop tomorrow.
I write down the address in my phone and look up my way back to the hotel.

Around twenty minutes later I'm back at my hotel and go up to my room. I use the bathroom quickly before going back to the small bar of the hotel to eat dinner.

A/n: We arrived in New York, our life slowly starts to evolve.

Also, I decided on an upload "schedule". I'll upload every second day and idk, call me strange, but I prefer the uneven days XD

Thanks for reading and love to you all <3

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

264K 9K 45
Book 1 "Two old friends meet again Wearin' older faces And talk about the places they've been" Y/N Y/L/N living her best life being a Pediatric Surg...
39.1K 1.3K 25
Falling in love is never easy, but what if your heart pulls you towards the two people you should never fall for? For years, you've admired Natasha f...
63.4K 1.7K 22
[SHORT STORY | COMPLETED] {In short: Your dad's new relationship is getting serious which means you have to meet his girlfriend. Little do you know i...
110K 5.1K 52
Book 3 of 3 Highly recommend you read books 1 and 2 first. Mel just moved back to New York City. She left four years ago after the love of her life...