Heartbreaker

By YrisYsabella

A Taekook fanfic Notorious fuckboy sets his eyes on straight-laced Mr. Perfect ... He stared at his eyes. It... More

Chapter 1: The Heartbreaker
Chapter 2: Target
Chapter 3: Blackmail
Chapter 4: The Bet
Chapter 5: Push and Pull
Chapter 6: Pluviophile
Chapter 7: The Warning
Chapter 8: That Night
Chapter 9: Square One
Chapter 10: Nocturnal
Chapter 11: Points of View
Chapter 12: Never Have I Ever
Chapter 13: Brokenhearted
Chapter 14: Apologies
Chapter 15: Uncertainties
Chapter 16: Sacrifices
Chapter 17: Forever Hold Your Peace
Chapter 18: Euphoria
Chapter 19: Captured
Chapter 20: Partners in Crime
Chapter 21: First Night
Chapter 22: Serendipity
Chapter 23: Afterglow
Chapter 24: Jealous
Chapter 25: Paradise and Warzone
Chapter 26: You Are My Hope
Chapter 27: Suspicious
Chapter 28: Hurricane
Chapter 29: A Long Night
Chapter 30: My Head
Chapter 31: My Shoulders
Chapter 32: My Knees
Chapter 33: The Gathering
Chapter 35: With You
Chapter 36: It's Nice to Have a Friend
Chapter 37: Highs and Lows
Chapter 38: Change and Permanence
Chapter 39: Together, Apart
Chapter 40: Hold On
Chapter 41: Let Go
Chapter 42: Fake Love
Chapter 43: Of Dulled Sparkles and Everlasting Flickers
Chapter 44: Fated
Chapter 45: Home
Chapter 46: Always, In All Ways
Chapter 47: Unbound and Undaunted
Chapter 48: Still With You
Chapter 49: Through Thick and Thin
Chapter 50: Don't Worry, Love
Epilogue: You
Special Chapter

Chapter 34: Would You Care For A Tea?

118 10 1
By YrisYsabella

"Will you drink?" Jisoo hesitantly asked Seokjin.

"Is it okay if I do? Just a little." He teasingly smiled.

"Not too much. Understood? You want to go fishing early tomorrow."

"Yeah. Are you sure you don't want to join me?"

"No. You enjoy with Yoongi." She smiled.

Namjoon inconspicuously glanced at them. He saw her fixing the buttons of Jin's coat and neatly tying his scarf. Seokjin and Namjoon has been talking regularly. They both decided to give their friendship a chance after that one meeting with Hoseok. Seokjin has clearly set and defined boundaries. They promised each other that they will be completely honest about their feelings. If one of them is feeling anything inappropriate, he would tell the other. Then the chance will be off. Namjoon was unsure if being uncomfortable with what he's seeing was already inappropriate. He could very well be just feeling unfamiliar with him being with another person. He's certain he was not hurt. Scratch that. Ouch. He said to himself when he saw Jin gave her a peck on her forehead.

Jimin came back with a scarf, two coats and a long puffer jacket. He naturally wrapped the scarf around Yoongi's neck before giving him one of the coats. Lisa, who was waiting for Jisoo, narrowed her eyes at them.

"The bonfire is ready!" Hoseok shouted at them. He just came from the shore.

Jisoo bid everyone around goodnight. She walked with Lisa, arm in arm, back to their rooms.

"Stay with us even for a while. I bet oppa will be back much later." Lisa convinced her.

"I can't. I didn't ask for permission. And I want to rest early too. Maybe next time."

Lisa pouted. "Okay. I'll just tell unnie and Chaeyoung."

Jisoo entered the room she shared with Seokjin while Lisa went to hers. She found Chaeyoung and Jennie masking on the bed. She ran and bounced in between them.

"Uhm...hey?" She hesitantly asked.

"Tea? Spill it." Jennie immediately ordered.

"Is Taehyung oppa and that...Jungkook guy together?"

Chaeyoung jolted, eyes wide. "Why?"

"They were holding hands under the table." Lisa fixed Chaeyoung's mask which went out of place.

"That tea is cold. They are. Taehyung even kneeled to help his mom get a kidney donor." Jennie casually stated.

Their mouths fell open. "No way."

"Well they look good together. How about..."

"How about?"

"Yoongi oppa and Jimin?"

"What?!" Jennie and Chaeyoung sat up.

"I'm not sure. They just...look lovey dovey."

"Dad liked Jimin for Chaeyoung."

"Do you like him?" Lisa's voice was filled with concern.

"He's really sweet and kind. I don't think I like him like that though. But you know, if I can't have a say on the marriage. I'd be lucky if it's him." Chaeyoung said sadly.

"You'd accept marrying a man who loves a man?" Jennie asked irritably. "You deserve better than that! Don't choose to be a beard. I will not let you go through with that."

"Lisa is not even certain."

"Yeah. I might just be imagining it."

"Even if we are in this unfortunate situation, don't forget that you still deserve the best."

"You're lucky you found Woojin oppa." Chaeyoung said giggling.

"But unnie is the luckiest. She's married to Mr. Perfect." Jennie added.

"Then why are you not calling me Mrs Perfect?" Jisoo interrupted.

"Unnie!" Lisa squealed.

"You're here!" Chaeyoung screeched.

"How long have you been there?"

"Not long." Jisoo answered.

"I thought you're going to rest early."

"I'm not tired yet. Let me stay here for a while." Jisoo said as she plunged to the bed, falling on her sisters.

...

"It's a grave mistake. Being here at the beach. It's winter!" Yoongi grumbled while rubbing his hands together.

"It's true! Whose idea was this?" Hoseok complained. His body was shaking.

"I'm sorry. The tea's almost here." Seokjin consoled.

"Why can't we just drink though?" Namjoon asked.

"Nobody's drinking. I don't want people to get drunk and make bad decisions." Seokjin answered. He glared at Taehyung who was sharing a single puffer jacket with Jungkook.

"Why are you looking at me?" Taehyung protested.

"You think I didn't learn why Kook was thrown out of his house?" Seokjin threw a fistful of sand at them.

Taehyung raised the jacket to shield them. "We were not drunk!"

"That makes it better?!"

Jimin laughed hysterically and fell on the sand. A server came in with a pot of tea and tray of cups.

"But seriously, how are you two?" Namjoon quietly asked. Taehyung glanced at Jungkook.

Jungkook stared blankly at the scorching flames. "She doesn't answer my calls or reply to my messages. I'm not even allowed to step in the house."

Everyone heaved a sigh.

"Don't worry. Mom will be able to accept it one day." Hoseok comforted.

"Do you truly think that, hyung?" Jimin questioned. "Will they ever accept us?"

Hoseok looked at Jimin and Yoongi, Jungkook and Taehyung, Namjoon and then at Seokjin.

"You know what? I am not actually sure. I just want to believe it. Maybe to console myself and to comfort you. But maybe it's better to just accept things as they are. I guess what's really important is you accept you. Even if they don't. So you don't expect too much. You just have to accept things that it is what is for now or for a long time, and acknowledge what you truly feel."

Hoseok started to pour hot tea on each of the cups.

"You might not feel good right now. That's okay. You have the right to feel that. You can feel sad, scared, or even regretful. Feel it. Just know that we'll always be here with you. Whatever it is. We will listen if you want to talk. Or we'll sit with you in silence if you're too tired to speak."

They stared at the night sky beaded with twinkling lights letting themselves drown on thoughts they were keeping within them. Trying to recognize the emotion they were feeling.

"I'm sorry for tearing you away from your mom." Taehyung started. "I'm glad that you're still with me. But I feel sad and guilty that you have to choose me." A teardrop rolled from his eye.

Jungkook brushed the moisture off Taehyung's cheek with his thumb. "I'm sad too. But I would rather be in this situation. I'll wish and wait for her to come around. I just don't want keep anything from her anymore. Don't be guilty. When I chose you, I also chose me. Not just because I'll be happier with you but also because I am choosing to be who I truly am."

"You're making us feel bad." Yoongi interjected.

"No." Jungkook and Taehyung simultaneously shouted.

"I'm just kidding. Where we are right now is difficult. But I won't have it another way. We're just being practical. This is how we fight for us."

"You don't feel bad of how we are?" Jimin hesitated.

"Of course I do. But I'd feel much worse without you."

"Did you just open up?" Seokjin interrupted.

"Hyung!" Taehyung whined.

"I'm sorry. It's just...This does not happen often."

"Thank you. I'm scared and sad. But you're always there to give me strength." Jimin was mutely crying.

"Just like what you've always done for me." Yoongi gave him a small smile. He handed Jimin a cup of tea and patted his back.

"Namjoon?" Hoseok encouraged.

"I..." Namjoon lifted his head to gaze at Seokjin. "I feel a little uncomfortable seeing you with your wife." The five other people darted their eyes back and forth between the two. "But I think it's just natural because I'm not yet used to it. But don't worry, I'll be. To be able to stand by you. As your friend."

"I'm going to die if I have to stand by you only as a friend." Taehyung whispered to Jungkook.

"Me too." He whispered back. They grinned at each other.

Jimin hushed them.

"Thank you. I'm glad that we are friends again. Despite everything." Seokjin sincerely stated.

"We are not entirely in a good place right now. But we have each other. I'm happy to have met all of you." Hoseok warmly smiled. "If you ever need someone, don't forget that we can always knock on each other's door."

The cold wind blew and got everyone chilled. Jungkook and Taehyung rubbed each other's hands under the veil of the jacket. Yoongi subtly put Jimin's hand inside the pocket of his coat. Hoseok placed his hands closer to the fire. Namjoon warmed his by rubbing them together. Seokjin cradled the warm cup of tea in his hands.

"It's so cold! We have to move."

Taehyung stood up and pulled Jungkook with him. They ran along the beach and threw sand on each other, occasionally trying to push the other towards the waters. They were both boisterously laughing. The others watched them play.

"Taehyung has never looked that happy." Seokjin observed.

Yoongi nodded.

"Jungkook's smile reminds me of when he was still a kid. Before dad passed and mom got sick." Hoseok remarked.

"They experience childlike happiness when they're together." Namjoon commented.

Jimin heartily chuckled.

"They looked exactly like that the night they met." Seokjin reminisced.

"You were with them hyung?" Jimin asked.

"Yeah. The punks threw eggs on my windshield."

They all laughed.

"Jin?" They heard someone call.

"Hey. Why aren't you sleeping yet?"

Seokjin immediately strode towards her.

"Dad is calling you."

"Oh. Okay." He turned back to them. "I guess I have to go. Go back to your rooms once you're done. No drinking. Hoseok, you're in charge."

Hoseok laughed. "Yes, sir."

"Yoongi. Four AM." He reminded him. Yoongi shrugged in submission.

The four of them watched the couple walk back. Seokjin removed his coat and put it over Jisoo's body. He didn't remove his hand, his arm was kept wrapped around her shoulders. Yoongi found the gesture out of ordinary. He glanced at Namjoon. Namjoon kept his eyes peeled at them. He savored the pain. He has to be used to it. Hoseok stood up and walked along the beach. Jimin joined Jungkook and Taehyung who were almost done writing on the sand.

"Jungkook and Taehyung, love forever." Jimin read. He chuckled at their sappiness.

"Hey. It's snowing! It's the first snowfall!" Taehyung exclaimed.

Jungkook extended his arm to catch the flurry. The two of them watch the snow fall from above. Jimin ran back to Yoongi who was under a roof shade. He stood next to him. Namjoon closed his eyes and wished for Jin's happiness. Hoseok chanced upon a woman slow dancing alone to Crystal Snow.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 250 33
* I hate you Kim Taehyung* "You jealous?" Fighting with fire was dangerous. But Jungkook sure loved seeing Taehyung squirm, disturbed by the thought...
559K 42.1K 38
"Do you want to die?" The man's voice is barely controlled as he aims the baseball bat at your face. "Woah, woah, woah," Your eyes are wide as you s...
92.2K 5.1K 44
"Let me touch you, Jimin. Please. Please let me." No. Hell no. Seven bloody hells, no, no and no. Absolutely in no friggin way! Those are the things...
98 21 8
❗This work has been concluded❗ _·_·_·_·_·_·_·_·_·_·_·_·_·_·_ Kim Taereen, the girl who was known for her dark and scary aura. Everyone in the school...