Heartbreaker

By YrisYsabella

A Taekook fanfic Notorious fuckboy sets his eyes on straight-laced Mr. Perfect ... He stared at his eyes. It... More

Chapter 1: The Heartbreaker
Chapter 2: Target
Chapter 3: Blackmail
Chapter 4: The Bet
Chapter 5: Push and Pull
Chapter 6: Pluviophile
Chapter 7: The Warning
Chapter 8: That Night
Chapter 10: Nocturnal
Chapter 11: Points of View
Chapter 12: Never Have I Ever
Chapter 13: Brokenhearted
Chapter 14: Apologies
Chapter 15: Uncertainties
Chapter 16: Sacrifices
Chapter 17: Forever Hold Your Peace
Chapter 18: Euphoria
Chapter 19: Captured
Chapter 20: Partners in Crime
Chapter 21: First Night
Chapter 22: Serendipity
Chapter 23: Afterglow
Chapter 24: Jealous
Chapter 25: Paradise and Warzone
Chapter 26: You Are My Hope
Chapter 27: Suspicious
Chapter 28: Hurricane
Chapter 29: A Long Night
Chapter 30: My Head
Chapter 31: My Shoulders
Chapter 32: My Knees
Chapter 33: The Gathering
Chapter 34: Would You Care For A Tea?
Chapter 35: With You
Chapter 36: It's Nice to Have a Friend
Chapter 37: Highs and Lows
Chapter 38: Change and Permanence
Chapter 39: Together, Apart
Chapter 40: Hold On
Chapter 41: Let Go
Chapter 42: Fake Love
Chapter 43: Of Dulled Sparkles and Everlasting Flickers
Chapter 44: Fated
Chapter 45: Home
Chapter 46: Always, In All Ways
Chapter 47: Unbound and Undaunted
Chapter 48: Still With You
Chapter 49: Through Thick and Thin
Chapter 50: Don't Worry, Love
Epilogue: You
Special Chapter

Chapter 9: Square One

321 20 0
By YrisYsabella

...

"Everyone's drink's on me!" Taehyung told Namjoon who was standing behind the bar counter before he left for the dancefloor.

Namjoon looked at Yoongi, sitting on one of the stools. Yoongi shook his head.

"Back to square one?" Namjoon asked.

"He's been avoiding him."

"What did he do?" Namjoon said while pouring drinks

"That. Be immature. Be self-destructive. Stupidity. Just to hide what he feels."

"How about Jungkook?"

"Jimin said he doesn't really want to talk about it."

"Sucks to be in denial."

Yoongi looked around and noticed a guy approaching them. He eyed Namjoon who was putting cocktails on a tray.

"Hyung!" Yoongi shouted. Namjoon looked up.

"Yoongi." Seokjin side-hugged him. "Namjoon." He nodded at him.

"Seokjin." Namjoon said awkwardly.

Yoongi's eyes flickered between them, waiting. "What brought you here, hyung?" he finally said.

"I'm hoping Taehyung would be here. He's not in his apartment. He's not answering my calls too."

They're still not fine. Namjoon thought.

"I'll look for him." Yoongi volunteered.

Seokjin wandered his eyes. Namjoon wiped glasses.

"How are you?" Namjoon asked hesitantly.

"I'm fine."

"How's the...wedding preparations?"

"It's done. We've set a date." Seokjin slid an envelope across the counter towards Namjoon. He looked at it. Seokjin & Jisoo. He smiled timidly.

"You're inviting me?"

"If you want to come. You don't have to though." Seokjin said apologetically.

"I will. I want to see you off." Namjoon stared him in the eyes. Yoongi cleared his throat. The two looked away.

"I can't see him. He must in the crowd." Yoongi told them.

"I have an idea." Namjoon said.

The three of them walked towards the DJ booth. Namjoon motioned for the DJ to come close. He whispered something to him. Then the music stopped.

"Attention. Kim Taehyung, your brother's here. Please proceed to the VIP room."

Everyone's attention darted to the booth. People gawked, trying to catch sight of Kim Taehyung's brother.

Taehyung was in the middle of the dancefloor, making out, when the music stopped. He heard the whispers.

"That's his brother?! He's so gorgeous." One said.

"Equally as handsome." Another commented.

He smirked. Always stealing my thunder. He muttered to himself. He raised his hand and strode towards the VIP room. Seokjin and Namjoon followed him. He walked in and plopped himself in one of the cushioned seats. Seokjin stood in front of him. Namjoon was about to close the door when Taehyung said:

"Stay. It will be very short talk."

Namjoon stood still.

"Come home one of these days. Your tuxedo needs to be fitted. And dad asks for you." Seokjin told Taehyung.

"Yeah. Whatever." Taehyung reached inside his coat pocket. He took out a card.

"Namjoon hyung, here's my card. I'll pay for every drink sold tonight." He handed Namjoon the card then stormed out.

Namjoon looked at Seokjin. Seokjin smiled sadly. 

...

...

Taehyung was driving home. He's exhausted. He partied all night and drank. He left the bar at around 2am with someone. He forgot her name. He doesn't know her. She wasn't from their university. A new face, just the way he likes it. He checked his watch. 5:26 am. He combed his hair with his fingers. He's tired. He has a class at 7. He parked his car and decided to buy an energy drink from the convenience store nearby. He entered, went directly to the drinks section, took one and walked to the pay counter. He noticed that the cashier had his head down.

He knocked on the counter. He didn't stir. Is he sleeping?

"Worker, wake up!" Taehyung shouted.

"I'm sorry, sir." The cashier apologized.

Taehyung's eyes widened when he saw Jungkook. His eyes did the same.

"You work here?" Taehyung asked.

Jungkook composed himself. He noticed that Taehyung smelled like a mixture of alcohol, cigarette smoke and...a woman's perfume.

"No. I'm a customer who happens to be behind the cash register. What does it look like?" He answered, irritated.

Taehyung was too tired to notice the hostility. He, however, noticed his tired, bloodshot eyes. He looked exhausted. He looked pale. Jungkook was about to pack what Taehyung bought.

"No need for a bag." Taehyung said. He handed him a bill.

"Thank you. Please don't come back again." Jungkook put the change on the surface. Taehyung took it and turned to exit.

"You forgot what you bought!" Jungkook shouted.

Taehyung looked back and said. "It's for you." Then he went out.

...

"Why didn't you tell me that Jungkook works at the convenience store in Kim's Crown Plaza?" Taehyung asked Jimin as he sat down in front of him.

"Why would I tell you anything?!" Jimin said defiantly.

"I've been living there without knowing that he was just below me. Every night!"

"He's not there during Fridays." Yoongi interrupted.

"Shut up!" Taehyung shouted.

"That's what you get for almost living in the bar. If you've just come home and at normal times, you will notice him there." Yoongi tirade.

"You knew?" He asked, incredulous.

"Why would I tell you anything?!" Yoongi said defiantly.

"What is his work sched?" Taehyung probed.

"I don't know." Jimin answered.

"I still have the photo."

Jimin rolled his eyes. "I don't know because it's at different times. It depends on the manager."

"But it's always at midnight?"

Jimin nodded. "What will you do?"

Taehyung smirked then nodded his head. Yoongi and Jimin exchanged glances.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46 1 1
"How did you figure out you were bi?" He asks him and Jungkook's eyebrows shoot up. He laughs, beet red, embarrassed. "That's actually a funny story...
545K 22.7K 49
"They can't touch what's mine. They can't stand beside what's mine. They can't have you, darling." he whispers darkly in his ear, smiling like a mani...
135K 6.7K 33
My Husband thought I'm His Roommate, 'Together with Our son.' ๐Ÿ’ They Were Married For 5years, On The way to Fetch His Family From The Park He met A...
2.8K 243 33
* I hate you Kim Taehyung* "You jealous?" Fighting with fire was dangerous. But Jungkook sure loved seeing Taehyung squirm, disturbed by the thought...