𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐖𝐢𝐧�...

By DWeber02

"𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐊𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐋𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞." Brothers of Winchesters, Sam and Dean, got a voicemail from their father... More

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈
𝐈
𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐕
𝐕
𝐕𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐗
𝐗
𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐋
𝐗𝐋𝐈
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈𝐈
𝐈
𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐕
𝐕
𝐕𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐗
𝐗
𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐋
𝐗𝐋𝐈
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈
𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐕
𝐕
𝐕𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐗
𝐗
𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐋𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐘𝐨𝐮

𝐗𝐈𝐈

289 14 3
By DWeber02

Sam Winchester, Karina Leone, and Dean Winchester went their separate ways. One minute, Bela was grinning at an idea in her sneaky head, but then the next there was a charity ball coming up tonight on the same night.

All originated with Gertrude, she will be becoming Sam's date. Dean will be Bela's date for the night. Karina was going to be her date, stalking the scenery. Being an outsider. She would rather drink Bela's heart martini than wear a ballgown with no weapons on her.

Karina was getting dressed in another room already in her black lingerie with a strapless bra. Screw Bela for the warning. Already put on her right thigh holster with her mother's blade.

No matter what, she would never leave without it.

She looked at her reflection, putting on makeup in the cracked mirror. Gold-bronze smokey with blue eyeshadow, and additional blue shadow on the liner eyes that made her eyes pop out. Black eyepencil, and upper mini eyelashes. Bronzer, little blush, and matte natural nude lipstick.

Her hands reached to her naturally wavy hair. She began ironing more waves of her long black hair, she fluffed her hair. Then she started to put on bobby pins, and clippers. It transformed into a classic 90s loose wavy updo with a high wavy bun along with wavy loose strings around her head.

She took a deep breath, taking all of her reflection of herself. She began to proceed with her dress, covering the scars on her left wrist with makeup, her jewelry, and dark blue high heels.

"This is going to be a fun night."

***

Bela was waiting for Dean in the living room, she was wearing a long black backless sleek ball gown, an expensive diamond chandelier necklace, her hair was loose wavy half up and down, and a diamond bracelet on her left wrist.

"What is taking so long? Sam's already halfway there... with his date. Karina's heading there now."

Dean yelled from upstairs, "So not okay with this!!"

"What are you, a woman? Come down, already."

Fancy black dress shoes started to descend the stairs. Leaving Bela hypnotized by the figure walking down the stairs. Dean Winchester dressed up in a tuxedo, looking so handsome. Already smitten with a woman who was waiting in the room.

He looked uncomfortable and annoyed by the suit he was wearing for the night. He stopped as he stared at Bela in the middle of the room. He raised his arms, dumbfounded by his wearing.

"Alright, get it out. I look ridiculous."

Bela checked him out with a smile. "Not exactly the word I'd use."

"What?"

"You know, when this is over, we should really have angry sex."

Dean nodded slightly and realized as he looked at her.  Stunned. Making sure she said it right. She raised her eyebrows, knowing that she was serious. Dean looked at her again and shifted his body. Wanted to give in, but he crossed his arms. Hesitating with words. He furrowed his eyebrows at her, refusing to care about her comment.

He shook his head, "Don't objectify me." She grinned at him, "Let's go."

He began to walk away from her with a smirk on his face. Bela followed his steps as she watched him, taking her purse from the table. Watching every move on him. Still smitten.

Meanwhile, at the Sea Pines Maritime Museum, classical string music was playing inside. Cars pulling up at the entrance, guests of the ball entering themselves. Wearing beautiful ball gowns, suits, and ties. Dean and Bela entered themselves as a couple. Bela passed the ball invitation to the greeter and clanged her arm with Dean's arm.

She noticed that Dean was chewing gum in his mouth. She asked him, "Are you chewing gum? Try to behave as if you've lived this life before. Yeah?"

Dean looked around as he was still chewing gum. He noticed a peculiar figure, and he walked to a table with a silver champagne fountain. He placed his pink chewing gum on the surface, blending in with carving maternal.

Bela closed her eyes and groaned. Dean turned and pulled a thumbs-up as he entered the ballroom. Bela was walking behind Dean and returned her arm to Dean.

Sam Winchester was grimacing his way through with his date, dressed up in a tuxedo. Gertrude grabbed hold of his left arm, guiding her to the ballroom. She smiled at him, "This'll get their tongues wagging, hey my Adonis."

Sam quietly pointed out to her, "Just remember, we're on business."

"Ooh, but sometimes business can be pleasure, hmm?"

Sam looked out in the distance and muttered. "Right."

Sam and Gertrude enter themselves as a couple for the night. She looked at Sam, admiring his handsome features as she caressed his back. Seductively. Sam reacted to it, and gently held onto her hands. He looked at her and responded in a quiet, nice tone.

"You know, could you excuse me for a moment?" She was holding his hands, and she let him be. He was fake smiling at her as he caressed her hands softly. Finally, she released him. "Great. Great. Thanks."

Sam turned on his back. Relieved with all the tension from his body. He walked up to the bar with Dean and Bela, drinking their champagne. He asked them, "Exactly how long do you expect me to entertain my date?"

Bela answered, "As long as it takes."

Sam blankly glared at her, and then she faked grinning at him.

"Look, there's security all over the place, alright? This is an uncrashable party without Gert's invitation, so..."

"We can crash anything, Dean..."

"Yeah, I know, but this is easier and it's a lot more entertaining."

Sam glared at his brother and warned him. "You know there are limits to what I'll do, right?"

Dean smirked, "Oh, he's playing hard-to-get. That's cute."

Dean slapped Sam's shoulder while he was still glaring at him.

Upon that moment, Dean shifted his eyes, looking over Sam's shoulder. Bela's eyes shifted over behind Sam. Sam confusingly slowly followed their eyes... Then his eyes were hypnotized.

Seeing a familiar guest entering the ballroom. Everything was quiet, and still.

Karina Leone... the Huntress... of the Winchesters... Entered herself in with the beautiful gown.

An ombre black and blue tulle ball gown. Reaching the floor. Off-shoulder with her bronze arms. Two eternity white gold diamond bands each on the left middle and ring fingers, and another one on the right ring finger. White gold sterling silver dangle diamond earrings.

Every eye in the room was on her, taking in her the beauty of the ballroom. Taking all of her beauty of hair, jewelry, makeup, and dress. Her brown eyes were looking at each person in the room, searching for a familiar person. Until her eyes landed on familiar hazel eyes.

Sam Winchester's eyes taken in, not blinking. Everything in the room doesn't matter, but her.

Her beauty happens to take his breath away. She gave him a small smile, walking slowly to him. Every texture of the dress was floating underneath her as she took each step. Her eyes were on him until it was slowly shifted to the back of him. Until the quiet and still... was stopped.

Dean wolf-whistled at Karina as she rolled her eyes at him. "Hot Cinderelly in the house!"

"Shut up. I would rather use my blade and tear each piece of my ridiculous dress."

Bela's eyes widened at Karina, hearing everything she told Dean. She whispered to her, "You still have your bloody blade? It's not lady-like to have weapons on you!"

"I'm not a lady... I'm the Huntress who will murder you in your sleep." Bela scoffed.

Sam Winchester hasn't taken his eyes off of her, while she was talking to Bela and Dean. Every texture of her updo, her complexion, her voice that sounds musically. Her makeup made her brown eyes sparkle. Every inch of him remained cold, intense... burning flame of his heart.

Karina Leone looked at Sam who was taking his breath away from her beauty. She smiled at him.

"Hey, stranger."

His eyes started blinking. Shifted his body, nervously. He returned her gesture, "H-Hi."

Bela interrupted their moment, "Okay, we all know the plan. Yes?"

Karina sighed annoyedly, rolling her eyes. She nodded back to Bela. Dean winked at Karina and smiled at her. Karina already read his compliment to her in his mind, she sent a sweet smile to him. Dean grabbed two glasses of champagne from the counter and leaned over to Sam.

"I want all the details in the morning."

Dean and Bela departed, leaving Sam moving uncomfortably due to his brother's topic. Sam and Karina shared looks with each other. All Karina did was mouthed, "Good luck" to him, she headed in another direction, getting herself champagne from the fountain.

Eyes followed her walking away from him. He fixed up his suit, so over with the plan. He wanted to be a coverup date with Karina rather than be with a seductively, groping old woman. Gertrude offered him a glass of champagne, and he took his glass from her.

She smiled at him, "To us."

She clinked her glass against his. Taking a sip, but for Sam... dunked the drink in one gulp.

While Karina took an eye on Dean who carried a fainted Bela in his arm, heading upstairs to the second level. The guard was guiding them while Dean shared a look with Karina while she was laughing inside. He continued following the guard, she shook her head slightly.

Karina floaty walked to the fountain, grabbing her glass of champagne. She walked around the place, seeing the series of people chatting in every room. Laughing. Enjoying their time.

She started to see Sam dancing uncomfortably with Gertrude. She was laughing a little but feeling embarrassed for him. She couldn't hear their conversation, but she can read Sam clearly.

"Where's Alex and your friend? They're missing a great party."

"I'm, uh, I'm sure they're entertaining themselves."

"Ooo, naughty." Sam smiled awkwardly, struggling. Gertrude didn't look off of Sam. She started to move her left hand on Sam's shoulder down on his back. Way down on the bottom. "Then I guess we'll just have to entertain ourselves as well."

She gripped Sam's side, and he exclaimed. "Woah!" Gertrude giggled, and then he looked down on her. Struggling with words. "Y-y-you know, um, Mrs. Case..."

"Ooo, no, no."

"I'm sorry. Miss Case, I don't wanna give you the wrong idea."

She smiled at him, "Call me Gert."

"Okay."

She laid her head against Sam's chest. His chin was on her head. She began caressing her right hand on him again. "You remind me of my late husband. He was shy too.'

Then her hand began lowering down on his chest toward his bottom again. "Until we got below deck."

Both of her hands grabbed on Sam's bottom. Harshly. He exclaimed out loud, "Whoa!!"

Sam looked around the room smiling awkwardly at anyone who was judging him. Gertrude returns her hands back to position. She began to wrap her arms around Sam's body.

"Mmmm, you're just firm all over."

Sam smiled at her awkwardly again as she laid her head against his chest again. Until someone approached them, dancing. It was Karina who was smiling sweetly at Gertrude.

"Miss Case... You're a little flustered."

Gertrude laid her hand on her face, exclaiming. "Oh my..."

"No, it's okay. I think you need to look at yourself in the powder room to give yourself a little shine. I hope you don't mind if I would like to dance with my partner."

Sam is stunned by Karina's approach to Gertrude that quickly. Even more stunned that she wanted to dance with him. Sam swallowed his throat with her words as Karina looked nicely at his "date." Karina passed a glass of champagne to Gertrude as they both shared a quick farewell to each other.

Gertrude left the room, leaving Sam and Karina alone on the dance floor.

Karina looked up at Sam, smiling amused while Sam exhaled sharply as a relief. "Thank you."

"Oh, believe me. I was laughing at you in the corner." Sam grinned at Karina as he jokingly rolled his eyes. "But... I was also a little embarrassed for you."

Sam raised his eyebrows to her, "Little?"

"Okay, fine. Very." They both laughed silently. Karina offered her right hand to Sam.

The music was still playing, and they both smiled at each other. He raised his left hand, caressing Karina's hand into a gentle closed. She lifted her left arm and wrapped his shoulder into a frame.

She took one step forward to him, looking deeply into his eyes. Sam's eyes were looking deeply into her eyes. His right hand laid upon her lower back.

Quietly, she inhaled sharply with his touch. Then she exhaled as he began leading to the rhythm.

Slowly, but surely. He glided step-by-step to the music. Never taking their eyes off of each other. He rubbed her knuckles slowly, sending all the sparks through her whole body. She gripped his shoulder blade softly, all the sparks were turning into fireworks. Hazel and brown eyes collided.

Sam slowly speaks to Karina, "Have I told you look beautiful tonight?"

Karina smiled and slightly shook her head. "Not that I recall."

"You look beautiful tonight."

"I look like a corpse bride."

Sam looked down as he chuckled. And then he looked up at Karina, waiting for her response.

"Thank you, Sam Winchester."

"You know, you're probably the only person in the world who repeatedly calls me by my full name."

"Well... it has a nice ring to it... Sam Winchester."

Sam Winchester and Karina Leone smiled at each other. Their breathing on each other was balanced... and calm. Sam quickly twirled Karina onto his chest, hearing her little laughter. Sam smiled from her laughter as he returned to the frame.

Karina slightly looked down, drowning in thoughts. She looked up and softly explained her mind. "Sam..."

"Yeah?"

"I understand why you did it. Why do you go after the demon. You wanted to return back our favors. I mean, I didn't know that your brother would go extreme, and I know how much he cares about you. He's your brother, you should've seen him. He was broken without you.'

"I did too. I was crazy the past year, and I'm sorry. I'm really sorry for how I acted. You must understand... when it comes to protecting someone, I would do anything to protect them."

"You did the same thing to me and Dean. But... it also terrifies me to think of you going after the demon alone. I truly meant it. I would rather go to Hell than to see you die again. You're my partner... and my friend. The last thing I want in the entire world is your beating heart to stop."

Sam looked down sadly, he swallowed his throat. The closed hand moved gently to his chest when the music was still playing as he continued to lead. Returning his eyes back to hers.

"You're leaving... are you?"

Sam looked deeply sadly into her eyes. Karina looked deeply into his eyes. They hold onto him.

Little did he know, the closed hand was the same hand she pulled him with her left hand.

From the very beginning to the very end.

Gently caressing the hold, feeling and taking everything from one, simple defining touch. Karina's eyebrows scrunched sadly, staring deeply into his eyes. Sam held on to the hold, tightly.

Not wanting to let her go. Not wanting the demon's warning to be true.

Karina's breath sharply inhaled as she opened her mouth to speak to him, but the moment was interrupted. Gertrude smiled at Karina, wanting to return to dancing with her date. She nodded slightly, then she returned her eyes to Sam. Regrettably, let go of her hand. Slowly.

She proceeded to walk on.

Sam looked at the distance in front of him.  Gertrude was holding onto her glass of champagne, he fake smiled at her. He returned back to the frame along with her glass of refilled champagne.

Karina walked away, hyperventilating. She grabbed the remaining two glasses of champagne on the table. She dunked them all in, she exhaled the drink. Letting the bubbles inside continue on.

She grabbed the finger food from the waiter. She began eating them. She slowly circled around the place. She sauntered to the ballroom again, leaning against the bar counter.

Take a view of Sam dancing with Gertrude again. His chin laid upon her head, looking out in the distance. Bored and melancholy. Gertrude's head leaned against Sam's chest while she was holding on to her glass of empty champagne.

"Man, this is one long song."

"I hope it never ends." Sam's eyes looked up at the ceiling. "How's the investigation going?"

"These things take time."

She looked at him, "People are talking about the Warren brothers' deaths. Strange. Do you think it's connected to Shelia's?"

"Yeah, yeah, we think so."

"I think they had it coming, you know, in a biblical sort of way."

She returned her head back to his chest, and Sam's expression went to curiosity. He looked down at her and asked. "What do you mean?"

She looked up at him, "You know about their father."

"No."

"Come here, I'll whisper it to you." She grabbed hold of Sam's head, leaning down on her. She leaned into Sam's ear. "People say...  that the old man didn't die of natural causes."

"Then how?"

"Rumor is...  the boys did it. Nothing was ever proved, but... people still whisper."

She started to kiss his ear, then he moved back. Still grossed out by her touch. "Okay, okay, okay, um... um..." He looked down at her again and seriously asked. "So d-did Sheila have any connection to them?"

"Well, none that I know of."

"Did Sheila have any kind of tragedy in her life?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact, there was a car accident when she was a teenager."

"What happened?"

"Her car flipped over. Well, she was okay, but... her cousin, Brian was killed. Why? Is that important?"

"Uh..."

Dean and Bela started to appear just in time, with the hand they stole. Sam turned his back, full of relief that it was over with. Karina was seeing the two people, entering the room.

A man approached her side, not looking at him. "I'm Ross. I'm wondering if you want to-"

"No." Karina walked forward, never taking her eyes off in front of them.

Bela smiled at Gertifude, "Well... having a nice time?"

Gertrude walked to Bela who was drunk and exclaimed. Kissing her cheek, "He's delightful... He wants me."

Dean looked at Sam, surprised by her approach to Bela. Karina shared the same look with Sam, hearing what Gertrude said to Bela. Bela read Gertrude's drunken expression, then she turned to the trio.

She whispered to them, "I'm going to get Gert into a cold shower."

Sam nodded, "Great idea."

Gertrude waved her glass at Sam. Bela inferred, "See you at the cemetery."

Dean and Karina turned to Sam who was traumatized. Dean mentioned honestly, "You stink like sex." Karina laughed at Dean's comment while Sam was glaring at Dean.

Trio walked outside to the Impala, returning back to their seats. Sam was taking off his bowtie as he asked his brother to make sure. "You got it, right? Tell me I didn't get groped all night by Mrs. Havisham for nothing."

Karina was laughing quietly in the back. Knowing the character's name in Great Expectations.

Dean was confused by the name as he responded. "I got it... Mrs. who?"

Sam shook his head, "Never mind. Just let me see it."

Dean reached into his suit pocket and pulled it from his pocket. Revealing a wrapped cloth covering the object. His eyes were zoned in, quickly unwrapping the cloth by feeling something unfamiliar.

Karina read Dean's face and asked. "What?"

After he unwrapped the cloth, he lifted up a miniature bottle with a pirate's ship inside of it. Sam and Karina tilted their heads to Dean, groaning at his losing game with Bela.

He looked up in the distance, frustrated. "I'm gonna kill her."

***

Trio returned back to the house. Returning back to their clothes while Karina was still having her makeup and her wavy hair laying upon her shoulders. Dean was staring at the candle, in silence.

Drowning in violent thoughts. He looked at Sam and Karina, "You know what, you're right. I'm not gonna kill her. I think slow torture is the way to go."

Sam turned to Dean who was pacing around the anger. Rage. "Dean, look, you gotta relax."

"Relax, oh yeah, yeah. I'll relax." He grunted as he said his words, "I can't believe she got another one over on us."

Karina shifted her head at Dean who was leaning against the wall, across from Sam. "You."

Dean turned to Karina who was twirling her knife, "What?"

She looked up, innocently stating. "She got one over on you... not us."

Dean stared at Karina, not blinking. Sam was grinning at them. Karina smiled softly at Dean's face of frustration and annoyance. "Thank you, Karina. Very helpful."

"No problem." Dean grunted annoyed while Sam and Karina were smiling at each other. Amused.

Suddenly, there was an anxious knocking on the door. Getting the trio's attention. It was Bela calling out to them in frightened tone. "Hello, could you open up?" Trio shared looks and then they walked over to the door. Mad. She read the emotions on their faces. "Just let me explain."

Bela was sitting down on a chair, answering their thoughts and questions in their heads.

Dean was leaning behind Bela, glaring at her. Sam was standing far away, arms crossed. Leaning against the fireplace. Karina was doing everything she could to not kill her at this minute. Her hands were on her hips, glaring at Bela's guilted face. Standing in front of Sam. Glaring at her.

"I sold it. I've had a buyer lined up as soon as I knew it existed."

Dean shared a look at Sam and Karina. He walked behind Bela, looking at the back of her head. Motioning the gun aiming with his hand at her. Sam and Karina witnessed Dean's face.

Sam finished Bela's thought of the plan, "So the reason for going to the charity was..."

"I needed the cover." Sam nodded his head. Karina was still glaring at Bela. "You were convenient."

"You sold it to a buyer. Just go buy it back."

"It's halfway across the ocean. I can't get it back in time."

Karina harshly asked, "Time for what?"

Bela was looking down on the floor. Sam already read her face, "What's going on with you, Bela? You look like you've seen a ghost."

She confessed, "I saw the ship."

"You what?'

Dean asked as Bela was looking down, terrified of what comes next to her. Dean and Karina looked at each other, not surprised. Trio looked at each other and figured out the connection all along. Thanks to Sam's date. Dean walked up to Bela, smirking at his words.

"Wow, you know, I... I knew you were an immoral, thieving, con-artist bitch but when I thought my opinion couldn't get any lower..."

Bela looked at Dean, confused. "What are you talking about?"

Sam and Karina walked up to Bela. Karina put her hands down on the table, glaring at Bela. Smiling for her timing especially after she threatened her family. Hers... and the Winchesters.

Sam said, "We figured out the spirit's motive." Bela looked at Sam who was pulling up the photo of the captain of the ship. Dean was smiling at Bela, arms crossed. Couldn't be happier. "This is the caption of our ship. The one who hung our ghost boy."

"So?"

"So they were brothers.'

Sam set down the photo on the table. Looked at Dean and Karina and then Bela. "Very Cain and Abel. So now our spirit, he's going after a very specific kind of target-- people who've spilled their own family's blood. See first, there was Shelia who killed her cousin in a car accident. And the Warren brothers, who murdered their father for the inheritance... and now you."

"Oh my God..."

Karina turned to Bela's face, smiling darkly. She kneeled down on the floor, looking at Bela's guilted eyes. Karina can read her emotions and her senses very well.

"Who was it, Bela... Who'd you kill? Your daddy? How about your Mommy? Baby sister? Maybe you killed her when she was an infant? Considering the circumstances..."

Bela's eyes were on Karina's, sneering at her words to her. "It's none of your business."

"But threatening my family doesn't? Screw you."

Bela's eyes began to tear up the truth as Karina was staring deathly cold into hers. Sam was examining Karina's emotions, knowing Bela's words bringing back the past of her own. Karina slowly stood up, looking down on Bela. Staring deathly, she turned her back on her.

"Well, have a nice life, you know, whatever's left of it." Dean clapped on Bela's shoulder, paralyzed. Dean walked over to his jacket. Sam was looking after Karina who was broken inside. "Sam, Karina, let's go."

Bela looked at Dean, "You can't leave me here."

"Watch us."

She begged, "Please. I need your help."

Karina scoffed, shaking her head lightly. Walking close to Sam while Dean was behind Karina's back. Dean repeated, "Our help? Now how could a trio of serial killers possibly help you?"

"Okay, that was a bit harsh, I admit it, but it doesn't warrant a death sentence."

Sam slowly spoke to Bela, "That's not why you're gonna die. What did you do, Bela?"

"You wouldn't understand... No one did." Trio remained silent. "Never mind, I'll just do what I've always done, I'll deal with it myself." She started walking to the door.

Dean pointed out, "You do realize you just sold the one thing that could save your life."

She turned to Dean whose eyes were filled with tears, "I'm aware."

Karina sighed annoyingly, rolling her eyes. She muttered to herself, "Yeah... going to regret this..." Returned her face to Bela, saying her words out loud. "Not only thing... Right, Sam?"

Sam nodded softly, looking down at Karina. Dean looked at them, confused.

***

Apparently, Karina Leone regretted every single moment.

Sam Winchester saved someone's life, Bela's. Karina knew there was another way to stop the curse due to Sam and Karina's research while Dean Winchester's angry. Karina regretted letting Bela live, but it also cost another generation of people to die. So not only Sam save Bela, he saved 37 years of generation.

Last night while the thunderstorms were paving through the moonlight. Sam summoned the spirit's brother, getting his revenge on the crashing salted ocean waters. The curse was ended.

In the morning, the trio was packing their bags. Ready to leave town for good. Sam and Karina were standing side-by-side, packing their bags. As Karina set down her weapons in her bag, she looked up at Sam's eyes. "Sammy?"

Sam looked down at Karina as he was packing his clothes, "Yeah?"

"You did good... You saved a life. Not just a life, the next generations... I'm proud of you."

Sam nodded softly, smiling at Karina's eyes. "You helped... Without you, I couldn't figure out the connection between the brothers. Thanks to you and your research."

"Yours included, don't forget that."

Sam chuckled softly, looking down at Karina's eyes. Thinking about her words to him while they were dancing on the ballroom floor. Karina looked closely into Sam's eyes. Felt the familiar feeling in her, ignited. Sam walked closely to her quietly, looking deeply into hers.

Hearts beating. Words unspoken. Hands needed to embrace one another. Breathing... enchanted.

The door burst open. Enchanting moments stopped as they backed away. Turning their faces from each other. A disgusting woman figure walked in the door. Bela. "You guys should learn to lock your doors. Anyone could just barge in."

Sam looked up at her, "Anyone just did. Did you come to say goodbye or thank you?"

Dean walked up behind them as Bela opened her purse. Pulling up the bills.  "I've come to settle affairs. Giving the spirit what he really wanted, his own brother. Very clever, Sam and Karina. You two make a good team."

Sam's face shifted as the familiar feelings were in him. Karina was still not trusting Bela. She was glaring at her, her hand laid upon her hip. Bela gave a simple smirk to Karina.

"So, here." She began passing bills to each member of a trio. "It's 10,000. That should cover it." They all looked at expensive bills in their hands and looked at Bela. She read their thoughts, "I don't like being in anyone's debt."

"So ponying up ten grand is easier for you than a simple thank you?" Dean smirked, shaking his head. Looking down at the money, "You're so damaged."

She smiled at Dean, "Take one to know one."

Dean shared a look on Bela, emotionless. Bela shifted her eyes on Karina, smiling at her. Saying the same thing to her as well. Due to her threatening words last night. Staring at each other. 

"Goodbye, lads. Huntress." Bela took off with her remaining words. Trio was eyeing after her.

Dean walked around Sam and Karina who was looking after her. Sam said his words, "She's got style, you gotta give her that."

"I don't know, Sam... I'm practically the original."

Sam smiled at Karina's words, she returned her smile at Sam. Sam didn't think of Bela for one moment. He kept a similar thought when he first laid his eyes on her. His astonishment at her.

"I'm the Huntress. I believe you boys have been looking for me."

Somehow, Karina's smile began to fade. Thinking about Sam's question about the ball. "You're leaving... aren't you?" Good thing that Dean changed the subject before Sam caught her expression. Sorrowful. Due to Sam's words, "I suppose."

Sam glanced at Dean, serious. "You know, Dean, we don't know where this money's been."

"No..." Dean grabbed each bill out of Sam and Karina's hands. "But I know where it's going."

He laughed excitedly as he patted Sam's chest. Karina rolled her eyes, knowing the answer.

Night falls. Impala was roaring down on the road. Dean was smirking as he was driving to one destination where Sam was leading the directions for Dean on the map. "Seriously? Atlantic City?"

"Hell, yeah. Play some roulette. Always bet on black."

Karina was trying to sleep in the backseat. She couldn't. She didn't want the nightmares coming back to her. Her jacket was her pillow, facing the backseat of the car. Overhearing their words.

"Hey, listen, I've been doing some thinking, um... I want you to know I understand why you did it. I understand why you went after the Crossroads Demon." Sam exhaled deeply, looking down at the map. "You know, the situation was reversed. I guess I'd have done the same thing.'

Sam looked out the window, setting the map down on his lap. Drowning in thoughts.

"I mean, I'm not blind, and neither is Kay. I see what you're going through with this whole deal. Me going away and all that... but you're gonna be okay."

"You think so?"

"Yeah, you'll keep hunting, you know, you live your life. Karina will stay with you, I guarantee you that. Badass Duo 2.0.'

Sam was silent, remembering what the demon said, and Karina's face while dancing with him.

"You're stronger than me, you are. You are... the lady in the back knows it too. You'll get over it... but I want you to know I'm sorry, I'm sorry for... putting through all this, I am."

"You know what, Dean, go screw yourself."

"What?"

"I don't want an apology from you, and by the way, I'm a big boy now. I can take care of myself."

"Oh, well, excuse me."

"So will you please quit worrying about me? I mean, that's the whole problem in the first place. I don't want you to worry about me, Dean. I want you to worry about you. I want you to give a crap that you're dying!"

Sam's yelling at Dean spoke the truth, leaving Karina to understand Sam's emotions. Dean was looking out the window, face blanked. Nothing was coming out of his mouth.

"So what, that's it? Nothing else to say for you?"

"I think maybe I'll play craps."

Sam Winchester was looking at the road, sighing. Karina Leone was silent with a sad expression on her face in the dark. Dean Winchester's eyes were saying the honest truth about himself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323 21 5
"He wanted to run to her, he wanted to make sure she was okay, but he couldn't. That wasn't his place...it was Sam's, he just had to let go" :-: Aft...
11.1K 564 41
The Winchester brothers and their friends continue their battle against the otherworldly forces of evil while also searching for the brothers' father...
10K 397 72
"𝐊𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐚... 𝐒𝐚𝐦'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞." After the days of 365, Huntress and the Winchesters went their separate ways over the promise. Sam went to H...
2.8K 108 13
"was it the infinite sadness of her eyes that drew him or the mirror of himself that he found in the gorgeous clarity of her mind?" - f. scott fitzge...