𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐖𝐢𝐧�...

By DWeber02

"𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐊𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐋𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞." Brothers of Winchesters, Sam and Dean, got a voicemail from their father... More

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈
𝐈
𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐕
𝐕
𝐕𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐗
𝐗
𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐋
𝐗𝐋𝐈
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈𝐈
𝐈
𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐕
𝐕
𝐕𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐗
𝐗
𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐋
𝐗𝐋𝐈
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈
𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐕
𝐕𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐗
𝐗
𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐋𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐘𝐨𝐮

𝐕

333 13 14
By DWeber02

On the quiet night ride down the road with no leads. No case. Karina was shaking her head all the way the whole ride after Sam spread the news of the mystery blonde girl who saved him.

Oh, did my character mention that she's a demon?

Now, the trio was in an argument crisis after Sam revealed who Ruby was. Even the name sent Karina chills in her arms, and a disgusting feeling after Sam said that she visited him. Karina didn't want to shout at Sam but she was madder than hell when she found out Sam let Ruby go.

Karina was in the back seat, leaning against the front seat. Looked at Sam, while Dean was yelling at him. "Because demon, that's why. I mean the second you find out this Ruby chick is a demon you go for the Holy water, you don't chat!!"

"No one was chatting, Dean."

Karina cocked her head, "Oh, I'm sorry my bad. I thought you sent her back to Hell. Oh, right you didn't!! Why!?!"

"Because- because she said she might be able to help us out."

"How??"

Sam looked at her fiery eyes of Karina, waiting for him to answer her question. Dean inferred, "Oh really, Sam. How? How could she possibly help us??"

"She told me she could help you, okay!! Help you out of the crossroad deal, and Karina's soul will remain intact."

Dean looked at Sam, no words. While Karina's eyes widen at the sight of Sam, able to trust this demon's words. She yelled at him, "What the hell!! She's clearly lying!! I told you this before. Never trust the demons!! She read your weakness and it's us!!! What else did she say?'

Sam was silent, looking out the distance. Even though her humanity is on, he still didn't like this version of Karina. Thinking he's still a case to her, nothing else. "Sam."

"Nothing."

Dean and Karina looked at Sam. He shouted out, "Nothing, okay!! Look, I'm not an idiot, guys. I'm not talking about trusting her, I'm talking about using her. I mean, we're at war, right? And we don't know jack about the enemy; we don't know where they are, we don't know what they're doing. I mean, hell, we don't even know what they want.'

"Now this Ruby girl knows more than we will ever find out on our own. Now yes, it's a risk, I know that, but we need to take it."

Karina was staring at Sam the whole time, shaking her head. If he won't listen to her, fine. Let him get killed again for going in the wrong direction.

Dean looked at Sam, worried by asking him. "You're ok, right? I mean, you're feeling ok?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Why are you always asking me that?"

Suddenly, the cell phone rang in the car. Trio's phone doesn't have its own phone ringing. It's still ringing. Dean suggested one more thing, "Check the glove compartment. It's Dad's."

"Dad's?"

"Yes, I keep it charged in case any of his old contacts call."

"Well, it's calling us now."

Sam opened the glove compartment. He found John's silver flip phone and answered it. "Hello? Yes... this is Edgar Casey. No, no, no, no. Don't call the police, I'll handle this myself. Thanks. You know, can you just, can you lock it back for me? Great. I-I don't have my book in front of me..."

Sam gestured to Dean to give him something to write down on. He gave the pen to Sam as he was still driving. Sam wrote the address on the piece of paper as he was taking the call. He ended the call and looked at two people who were waiting for him to reveal something.

"Dad ever tell you he kept a container at a storage place?"

Karina shook her head while Dean questioned him. "What?"

"Outside of Buffalo?"

"No way."

"Yeah... and someone just broke into it."

When they all arrived at Buffalo, the address led them to the building with the storage facility. They were standing on the elevator, going down to the floor. Dean was smiling at the start of it, "Man..."

"What?"

"Just Dad. You know him and his secrets. Spend all this time with the guy and it's like we barely even know the man."

"Well, boys, we're about to learn something."

Karina unlocked the padlock, opening the sliding door. Huntress and the Winchesters were holding flashlights to the dark entrance of the storage. Upon the dusty floor, they all noticed something familiar with bloody footprints meaning one thing.

"No demons allowed."

"Blood. Seemed fresh."

"Check this out."

Dean kneeled down and caught something. Tripwire. It's all connected to a shotgun hidden in a large animal skull on the shelf. Sam aimed the light on the rifle, "Whoever broke in here got attacked."

"Dear old Dad. I got two sets of boot treads here, it looks like it was a two-man job." Dean stood up, avoiding the wire, letting himself and two people behind walk in. "And our friend with buckshot in him looks like he kept walking."

Karina asked as she looked around. Amazed. "So John Winchester worked here?"

"Living the high life as usual..."

"Wow..."

Dean aimed his flashlight at the skull. The rifle was still in its mouth, shaking his head as he grinned. Sam looked over the desk, picking some things that impacted his life. Karina noticed the golden trophy with a man kicking soccer on the shelf, cleaning the dust off. Reading the year.

"1995."

Sam turned to Karina who was holding a familiar trophy in her hand. His eyes widened and chuckled delightfully. "No way!! That's my Division Championship soccer trophy. I can't believe he kept this.'

Sam was smiling at the trophy when he borrowed it from Karina's hand. He looked at Karina's grin as she raised her eyebrows. Sam tried awkwardly to cool it off, "Yeah... soccer... pshh. I sucked anyway. You wouldn't be all that interested. I mean if you like sports and all. I mean yeah..."

Sam set the trophy back where it was. He grinned awkwardly at Karina while she chuckled softly. Karina whispered, eyeing him, "I mean... I could've been your cheerleader. Go, S-A-M."

Sam looked deeply at Karina's eyes and chuckled softly. Thinking about it. He would very much like that for her. She smiled her way through passing him by, continuing walking to examine the storage. Sam followed her with his eyes, while Dean suspected as he grinned.

He walked up behind him. "It was probably the closest you ever came to being a boy."

Sam flinched when his brother was behind him, listening to their conversation. Dean passed him while Sam was shaking Dean's head. Dean looked at the table, seeing his rifle. He exclaimed as he set his flashlight down, holding his rifle from the table. "Oh wow!! It's my first sawed-off. I made it myself. Sixth grade."

Dean laughed as he cocked the rifle. Karina scoffed at Dean, "Made my knives in 2nd grade."

Karina walked further into another room while the boys were impressed that she was the youngest. One of them was bummed enough to put down the rifle on the table. Following two people.

Karina opened the fence gate that was cut by chains, entering herself in and the boys behind her. Holding on to their flashlights. The room was filled with extra weapons including military ones.

Dean was aiming his light at the land mines and bombs on the table. "Holy crap. Look at this, he had land mines... which they didn't take... or the guns. I guess they knew what they were after, huh?"

Karina walked toward Dean, taking a view of the weapons John served in the Marines. No wonder he knew about commanding his sons' orders. Sam turned to the other side of the room, seeing the shelves filled with boxes with warding symbols all over them.

"Hey guys, check this out." They both walked toward Sam, taking a view at what he saw. "See these symbols? That's binding magic. These are curse boxes."

Dean repeated, "Curse boxes. They're supposed to keep the evil mojo in, right? Kind of like the pandora deal."

Karina nodded, "Correct. They're built to contain the power of the cursed object. Maybe a tiny spinning wheel is in one of them."

"Dad's journal didn't mention a whole bunch of stuff, you know. Dangerous hexed items, fetishes, he never did say where they ended up."

Sam interred, "Yeah, this must be his toxic waste dump.'

Sam noticed the octagon regular shape box was cleaned off and taken from the shelf. He lifted his finger, marking the dust off. Leaving the dusty texture, still on the shelf.

"One box is missing. Great."

"Well, maybe they didn't open it."

"They obviously did, dumbass. Wanna bet?"

***

Impala was driving in the alley, finding the car's license plate. Thanks to the security camera at the facility. Dean stopped in the alley, finding the same brand of car they used. Karina was in the back seat, reading the plate off the car.

"Connecticut. 8-8-0."

Sam nodded, "Yep that's it."

Dean shook his head as he clicked his tongue. "Tch. Tch. Tch. Should have blacked out their plates before they parked in front of the security camera."

Trio had their own weapons in hand as they all entered the apartment. Sneaking inside while they were listening to two men who were playing cards, only one of them was getting lucky.

"I can't lose. I mean really I can't lose!! I think this thing really works. You know what I'm saying? I'll tell you something-- there's no way in hell we are handing it over to that stuck-up bitch. Not ever all we've been through. Uh-uh, let's go, huh? Let's get out of here, let's go have some fun."

Trio entered the living room seeing two men standing up where they all were. They all yelled at them, armed up with their weapons. Aiming at them. Guns, two throwing knives in one hand, mother's blade in another.

Dean yelled at them, "FREEZE, FREEZE! NOBODY MOVE!!!"

Karina yelled, "DON'T MOVE!!!"

One guy asked as he backed up away toward the wall. "What is this?"

Sam yelled, "STOP!!"

Dean walked to a man holding his hands up, "All right. Give us the box. Please tell me that you didn't--"

"Oh, they did."

Trio looked at the box, unlatched. Missing a piece inside. Karina smiled at Dean knowing that he was paying for her lunch later by losing the bet. Dean turned to the man and yelled at him. "You opened it!?!"

He shoved the man against the wall, the man looked at each person in the room. "Are you guys cops??"

"Huh?"

"ARE YOU GUYS COPS!?!?"

"WHAT WAS IN THE BOX?!?"

He glanced over at the coffee table on the corner. It was a lighted brown small furry with a chain that seemed to be dead. Dean followed the man's glaze even the people in the room.

He looked back at the man, "Oh, was that is? Huh? It was, wasn't it?'

Dean returned his eyes to the piece, "What is that thing?"

The man pushed Dean's arms away as a distraction. Sending his gun to the floor, firing the bullet out. It ricocheted off the radiator and hit Sam's gun. Causing him to drop it. The same bullet ricochets against the metal frame of the window. Aiming at Karina's metal ponytail cuff that she just brought. Leaving the rest of her wavy hair falling down on her shoulders.

Her hand was on her head, feeling the slight sting of the bullet. "OW!!"

The bullet ricocheted against the ceiling fan, straight to breaking the lamp beside Dean. Sam eyed his gun on the floor, seeing another guy eyeing the floor in front of him. They both went for the gun while Karina was aiming her throwing knives in her right hand at the guy.

She threw at the guy, targeting him. For some reason, they were both targeted at the window. Came crashing through, leaving Karina confused. Never missed an aim. Never. She shared a confused look with Dean on her left side. He shared some looks with her as well.

While Sam was going for his gun, the guy pushed Sam into Karina who was looking at Dean. She fell back on the coffee table, launching the piece way up high. Accidentally left-handed on Dean's face, causing him to roll over the arm of the couch. He landed on his back on the floor, groaning.

Karina's left grip came off of her blade, throwing itself on the wooden floor. Came close in between Dean's crouch. Dean opened his eyes, looking at Karina's mother's blade. His eyes widened at the view.

Karina was still off-guarded. Her long wavy hair covered her face. Looking like a mop on her head. Sam looked down at Karina who was still on the table. Getting her hair out of the way.

Not caring about his brother who came close to becoming Jew.

"Sorry."

Sam was tackled by the guy who threw himself, sending both of them to the floor. He punched Sam in the face.

While Dean was still eyes widening, backing away from the blade. He eyed his gun on the floor, he went for it. Karina got up from the table, walking to Dean. Mostly to her blade.

Suddenly, the man took Dean's gun and aimed it at Sam. Causing Dean to get squared under the chin, knocking him down. Colliding himself onto Karina on the floor on her stomach.

"DUDE, GET OFF OF ME!!"

The man was choking Sam, his face was becoming red. At a short glance, he noticed the piece. He desperately reached his arm to it, almost a distance away from him. Then his fingers reached to the chain, and he grabbed it. Holding the piece in his hand. He knocked the man's hands away from his throat at his surprising strength and kicked him back into a corner.

Dean quickly got up from Karina's back, picking Karina up from the floor. They both saw what Sam did so quickly and so strong for the guy came flying into the corner.

"Dean... Karina... I got it."

Man who was holding Dean's gun cocked the bullet at Sam. "No, you don't."

Dean and Karina's eyes widened at the guy who was going to shoot Sam with a full clip of bullets. A guy in the corner saw Sam's gun near him. He grabbed it quickly, while Sam was wincing, waiting for the guy to shoot him. He shot the gun at Sam, but it got jammed.

No bullet shooting.

"Damn!"

He was in a panic, surprising the people in the room. He tried to pull the chamber of the gun, repeatedly as Dean and Karina got up to stop him.

Suddenly, the man stumbled back, tripping the broken piece of the coffee table. Falls back over the couch. Trio backed away, unharming the man. He knocked himself out so easily on the floor.

Leaving Sam, Karina, and Dean looking at each other, confused.

The man who was holding Sam's gun looked at the trio who was still surprised and mostly confused. He aimed the gun at Sam, and Karina noticed his aim.

She warned him, "SAM!!"

His hand held on the bookshelf, getting himself up. Books and all the shelves of books collapse onto him. Knocking himself out cold. The gun came flying toward Sam in fast motion.

Sam caught the gun in one hand, leaving Dean and Karina astounded. Sam brought it up while they all looked at the men who knocked themselves out cold on the floor.

They both looked back at Sam who was still surprised as well. Dean commented, "That's a lucky break."

Sam takes the view of his gun in his hand, looking at two people who aren't passed out. Karina takes her blade from the floor, eyeing the piece that Sam was holding in his hand.

"Is that a rabbit's foot?"

Sam held it up, eyeing the foot. "I think it is."

Dean and Karina raised their eyebrows. Responded in unison. "Huh." Sam looked back at them.

Outside of the Biggerson's parking lot. After the weirdest defense fight, they all had experience. Inside the Impala, Karina was brushing through her hair while Sam was reading John's journal beside him. Luckily, the bullet didn't cut pieces of her long hair... if it should.

She was holding up her ponytail in her hand, looking around. Finding the band in the car. She muttered to herself, "Where is it?"

Sam noticed her looking for her band. He graciously took the black elastic hair band off of his right wrist. He held it up in front of her, and Karina eyed the band. She shared a questionable look with Sam while he was still smiling graciously. She slowly takes the band off of his hand.

"Not gonna ask."

Sam chuckled softly. She tied her ponytail in front of the rearview mirror. Checking both sides. Even. Then Sam, without avoiding his eyes on her, reached his jacket pocket. Holding up a bobby pin. Karina did a double-take on the bobby pin and tilted her head to Sam.

He was smiling softly at her. Showing his dimples. She opened her mouth slightly, raising her finger to ask. She shook her head as she took the bobby pin, avoiding Sam's eyes, "Nope."

Sam laughed softly, looking down at John's journal. Karina took a piece of her hair and wrapped it around her band. Hiding it. While doing so, she took a short glance at Sam who was grinning. Reading John's journal. She smiled to herself, putting her pin into her hair. She eased her back on the seat, thinking about Sam's smile.

Dean opened the door, holding a brown bag in his hands. He took something out of the bag with a grin on his face. Karina turned to Dean and saw him holding something. She rolled her eyes.

"I'm not finding anything on it in Dad's journal."

Dean held up several scratch cards in front of them. Sam finally looked at Dean and commented, "Dean, come on."

"What? Hey, that was my gun he was aiming at your head, and my gun don't jam so that was a lucky break. Not to mention them taking themselves out, also a lucky break.'

He grabbed one and passed it to Sam. "Here, scratch one. C'mon Sam, scratch and win."

Sam objectively gave in and Dean handed him a coin. Sam began scratching the card on John's journal. While Sam was scratching his way through, Karina turned to Dean. "Dean, it has to be cursed. In other words, why would John lock it up in the first place?"

Sam was done scratching the card and handed it to Dean. He read the card, eyes widened. "$1,200. You just won $1,200.'

Sam and Karina shared surprising looks at each other. Dean laughed and hollered excitedly. He looked at two people beside him. "I don't know, Kay, doesn't seem that cursed to me."

Dean Winchester handed his brother another card.

***

Dean was having a time of his life, counting the cards and money in total. While Sam and Karina were stressed out about this, Karina made a speed call to Bobby. She put it on speaker for her and Sam, distance away from Dean standing in front of the hood of Impala.

"Now look, Bobby, we didn't know."

Bobby yelled, "You touched it? Damn it, Sam!!"

Sam raised the rabbit's foot in his hand as he was speaking to him. "Well, Dad never told us about this thing. I mean you knew about his storage place at Black Rock?"

"His lockup? Yeah, I knew. Hell, I built those curse boxes for him."

"Well, I'm not surprised, Bobby. You did well until the twins of Dean came along."

"Thanks, Karina... Listen, Sam, you have got a serious problem.'

While Sam was listening to Bobby, he noticed something shiny underneath the newspaper on the ground. He kneeled down and moved the newspaper aside. Revealing a gold watch cost more than the card scratch.

"That rabbit's foot ain't no dime-store notion. It's real hoodoo--old-world stuff.'

Karina's eyes widened as Sam's luck got closer, he picked it up showing it to Dean. He mouthed, awesome.

"Made by a baton rouge conjure woman about 100 years ago."

Sam commented, "It's a hell of a luck charm."

"It's not a luck charm. It's a curse. She made it to kill people, Sam. See, you touch it, you own it. You own it, sure, you get a run of good luck to beat the devil. But... you lose it that luck turns. It turns so bad that you're dead inside a week."

"Huh... guess it's payback for the greedy people." Sam looked at Karina, offended. Karina read his face. She raised her eyebrows, "Too soon?"

Sam rolled his eyes while Karina grinned. He spoke to the speaker, "Well, so I won't lose it, Bobby."

"EVERYBODY LOSES IT!!!"

"Well, then how do we break a curse?"

Bobby sighed, "I don't know if you can.'

Sam placed the rabbit's foot in his left jacket pocket. Bobby continued, "Lemme look through my library and make some calls. Just sit tight." Bobby hung up the call.

Dean looked at Sam and Karina, holding up the cards. "Dudes, we're up 15 grand."

Sam and Karina shared a look at each other. Thanking God that Dean didn't get the foot, otherwise, he'll die quicker than usual. Like five minutes tops.

After Sam and Karina explained the problem to Dean, they all were headed to the restaurant. Getting their lunch. Dean opened the doors for them, entering in.

"Don't worry, Bobby'll find a way to break it. Until then I say we hit Vegas and pull a little "Rain Man." You can be Rain Man."

Karina turned to Dean, "Dude, get your mind out of the gutter! We're ending this now! After we eat first until Bobby calls back. Ok?"

Dean rolled his eyes, already giving in. Sam turned to the owner at the stand. "Hi, table for three, please."

"CONGRATULATIONS!!!"

The alarm was going off, sending Karina into a burst of confusion. The owner gave a large check for free food for a year. Trio was holding a check, confused.

"You are the one-millionth guest of the Biggerson's Restaurant family!!"

"Oi..."

The staff started singing and taking photographs. Balloons and streamers falling down on the trio, still standing holding a check. In the last photo, they reveal a trio with different faces.

Sam Winchester grimaced in embarrassment.

Karina Leone face-palmed, hiding from the camera.

Dean Winchester smiling ecstatically for no apparent reason.

After the crazy celebration for Sam's rabbit foot, they all finally sat down at the table. Sam was at his laptop, researching the ending of the curse. Karina was drinking her oreo milkshake. Dean was eating a bowl of ice cream sundae. It's all free for them... after 30 minutes.

Sam closed his laptop, looking at Dean and Karina together in the booth, eating ice cream.

"Bobby's right. Its lore goes way back. Pure Hoodoo. You can't just cut one off any rabbit. Has to be in a cemetery under a full moon on a Friday the 13th."

Karina looked up at Sam and blankly stared at him. "I prefer getting killed by Texas Chainsaw than the dumbest horror movie ever. Who would camp in the middle of nowhere? Oops, the mother did it!! Boohoo!! Watch Psycho instead."

Sam smiled at Karina as he chuckled, "Sorry."

"I even heard there will be a remake of it. I bet the girls' breasts won't be real. There will be like 80% of sex in there. Classic porn horror movie... Good for the kids! Dad, Mom, how the babies are born? Here. Watch this. You won't have sex anymore after being killed by a stalker of the lake!'

"Oh, another thing, don't camp in the middle of nowhere! You'll survive!"

Karina held up two thumbs up and gave a fake smile. Sam was smiling at this side of hatred Karina after one simple phrase. Of course, Dean had to ruin the mood between them. He set the bowl of ice cream on the table, taking in his last bite.

"I think from now on, we will only go to places with Biggerson's."

Dean sniffed and then he groaned slightly. Getting a brain freeze. Karina noticed it and suggested, "Put the thumb against the roof of your mouth... you'll heal."

Dean put his thumb against the roof of his mouth. Making himself look like he's sucking his thumb as a baby. Sam laughed at the view of Dean, shaking his head.

He returned back smiling at Karina, taking sight of the view beside her. Wanting to share a look with her after Dean. Somehow his eyes were hypnotized by the view of smiling Karina. Taking a view of the sun. Then she was eating an Oreo as well. Either with humanity or not, he still has the same feelings toward her.

"Can I freshen you up?"

His gaze on Karina stopped at the waitress, offering another cup of coffee for Sam. He passed his cup to the waitress, "Yeah, yeah, sure. Thanks."

Dean and Karina noticed the waitress who was serving coffee to Sam. She was wearing the outfit according to the Biggerson's and a black bob hair. She was obviously eyeing Sam as she was smiling at him. She poured some more coffee into the mug, accidentally spilling some.

She exclaimed, "Oh!"

"Oh! I-"

She set the coffee pot down on the table, grabbing the blue rag from her apron. "Let me mop up here."

"No, don't worry. That's okay. That's-- I got it."

She smiled at him flirtatiously. Cleaning off the coffee on the table in front of the trio. "It's no trouble, really."

"I got it."

"Sorry about that."

"It's all right."

Sam awkwardly looked at Dean while the waitress was flirting her way out with Sam. Considering he has the foot and he's the nice guy. Karina's eyes squinted at the waitress, giving the twisted feeling in her gut by how she was approaching Sam.

It's not jealousy... more suspicious. She's so approachable to him...

Sam smiled softly at the waitress, and she returned her gesture to him. She walked away holding her coffee pot and her blue rag, giving a longing look to Sam, and of course Dean. Staring at her body, bottom to top.

She looked over her shoulder as she went, giving the boys in unison leaned in to watch her. She smiled at them as she disappeared to the kitchen. Karina was eyeing on the waitress all along by how she acted toward Sam, and the boys.

Sneaky flirting at them, especially to the girl in the booth.

Dean turned to Sam who was looking after the waitress. Shocked but his mind was on the girl on the booth by Dean. "Dude, if you were ever gonna get lucky..."

Sam looked back at Dean, "Shut up."

He moved aside, not looking back in the kitchen. He picked up his coffee, knocked over by the simple touch of the mug. Spilling the steaming hot coffee all over the table, and on his lap.

"Oh! Oh, jeez..."

Sam quickly got up from the booth, turning himself. Onto the waiter with a full tray crashed into each other. Sending the food on plates came flying, causing a scene. Dean and Karina looked shocked at the sight of Sam. He apologized to the waiter and then turned back to them.

"How was that good?"

Sam felt something missing from his right jacket pocket. It came up empty with the rabbit's foot.

"I knew it! I friggin' knew it!"

Karina jumped over the booth and came running to the entrance. While Dean said his words as they both were following Karina's steps. "Son of a bitch."

They all rushed out of the restaurant. Out of the entrance and onto the parking lot.

Heading to the Impala.

When suddenly, there was an out motion of exclaimed and thud behind Dean and Karina. They both stopped, turning on their backs. Seeing a missing person in front then their eyes shifted to the person who fell flat on the ground. Sam's luck just turned bad and clumsy.

Dean exclaimed, "Wow. You suck."

"Ow...."

Dean walked to him, reaching down. He picked Sam off the ground. Reveals the blood scratch knees torn by his jeans. He asked his brother, "So what, now your luck turns bad?"

"I guess."

"I wonder how bad."

"Your brother just fell flat on his face, what do you think?"

Karina's comment just answered Sam's luck.

***

A lonesome friend of the lucky guy was sending a funeral with his tequila. Toasting to a friend who lost his luck due to the prongs. Eyes were filled with teary red eyes, taking a swing for his friend. The apartment's door opened revealing the trio entering his house one more time.

While Sam was hanging out in the back, avoiding the steps of his bad luck. Dean was holding his gun while Karina was holding her blade on her back. Softly smiling at the weak friend there is.

He looked at Dean and Karina entering together while Sam was a distance behind them. "Oh, man. What do you want?"

"Heard about your friend. It's bad luck."

"Piss off."

"Little bird informed us that someone hired you to steal the rabbit's foot. What's the term? Oh yeah... stuck-up bitch."

"Yeah? How do you know that?"

Dean and Karina shared a glance at each other. Dean gave in, "Because she just stole it back from us." He laughed at Dean and Karina.

Sam stepped forward, "Listen, man, this is sero-" Sam got cut off by tripping the wire on the floor, which was easy to avoid. He exclaimed, pulling the CD player off a shelf. Bouncing it off of his arm. He tripped down more along with the lamp on the table. Falling down flat on his face again.

Dean and Karina sighed, not wanting to look back on him. They both asked him in unison, "Sam, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good!"

Karina walked up to him, "I want you to tell us her name."

"Screw you."

"Thanks, sweetheart, but you ain't my type."

Dean walked beside Karina, "It wasn't a freak accident that killed your partner."

He asked, "What?"

Karina said, "It was the rabbit's foot."

He was taken back by Karina's answer, "You're crazy."

"You know I'm not... you know we're not crazy. For example Jim Carrey's stage this morning? You guys were getting luck that no one could've. Losing the foot, it went sour. That's what killed your friend.'

"See what happened to the tall helpless man in the back? He's my partner... and his luck is wearing off so it will get him next. After that, many people will come after the foot, and lose it, and... well you get it."

"Now if you don't help us stop this thing that puts those deaths on your head. Now I can read people, and I get it. You're a thief, and a scumbag, that's fine, but you're not a killer. Are you?"

He looked down, thinking about it. He landed his eyes on them and shook his head.

After the information they all gathered, they walked outside of the apartment. Karina's phone started ringing, and she reached into her jacket pocket. Sam and Dean were walking behind her, while one of them just stepped on the gum, and stopped.

Karina picked up her phone and put it on speaker for Dean and her... also Sam was still in the back. "Hey, Bobby. Dean's here."

"Guys, great news. Wasn't easy but I found a heavyweight cleansing ritual that should do the trick."

Dean and Karina looked at each other, guilty. Dean was talking to the phone as they both looked at Sam behind them. Karina was staring at the ground, unhinging her jaw. Taking a view of her tall, helpless partner.

"Bobby, that's great, except Sam..."

Sam looked down, lifting his left shoe. Covered with pink bubblegum. Dean furrowed his eyebrows at his brother while Karina was disgusted by the view, raising her eyebrows.

They both take a short glance at each other as Dean responds to Bobby. "... Sam lost the foot."

"He WHAT?!?"

"Bobby, listen, listen this... hot chick stole it from him. I'm serious. In her mid 20's, and she was sharp, you know, good enough at the con to play us. And she only gave the guy a name-- probably an alias or something.'

Dean turned to Sam who was scraping the gum by the broken storm drain. "Uh... Luigi or something?"

"Lugosi."

"Lugosi."

Bobby repeated, "Lugosi? Lugos-- Aw crap. It's probably Bela."

Dean and Karian shared a look at each other. Karina grinned as she commented, "Well, oddly enough, she looked like him. Put on a cape, and do wild-eyed stares. She'll do just fine."

Dean grinned at her comment, nodding. Without looking back, Sam just dropped his shoe into the drain. Bobby continued talking to them, "Bela Talbot's her real name. Crossed paths with her once or twice."

"Well, she obviously knew about the foot. Is she a hunter?"

"Or she's you, Kay."

Karina glared at Dean, he raised his eyebrows and shrugged.

"Pretty friggin' far from a hunter, but she knows her way around the territory. She's been out of the country. Last I heard, she was in the Middle East someplace."

"I guess she's back."

"Which is seriously bad luck for you. Karina, you'll do just fine with her."

Karina smiled at Dean, he just struggled to nod along. "Great."

"But, if it is Bela... at least I might know some folks who know how to find her."

"Thanks, Bobby. Again."

"Thank you!!"

"Just look out for your brother ya idjit. You're welcome, sweetie."

Bobby hung up the call, leaving Dean blankly to stare at Karina. She grinned at him, "I'm his favorite."

"Don't get your hopes up."

They both turned back to Sam, seeing his shoulders slouched down. Hopelessly waving his arms down. He was pouting with his injured puppy eyes on Dean and Karina.

In unison, "What?"

"I lost my shoe."

Green and brown eyes shifted down on Sam's feet. Only one of them was gone with a soaked sock crushing its way through the sound. They both looked at Sam, who was still with the same expression. They both sighed, annoyed. Shaking their heads, eyes widened, and rolling eyes.

Walking distance away from Sam, and hung his head down as he followed them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.4K 1K 23
"What the hell? What are you?" you demanded, gun drawn. "Jack. Who are you?" the young man asked, holding his hand out. "Sam! Dean!" You yelled for...
473K 12.3K 26
𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚 | "why didn't you just let me go?" "believe me, i tried."...
322 15 20
The Winchester brothers had been on the road together since their father had gone on a hunting trip and hadn't been home in a few days. They end up s...
2.8K 108 13
"was it the infinite sadness of her eyes that drew him or the mirror of himself that he found in the gorgeous clarity of her mind?" - f. scott fitzge...