Written Among The Stars.

By xchaoticthoughtsx

A heart of stone was what he had been carrying around professionally for the past fifteen years. Aaban Rehman... More

Written Among The Stars.
Chapter 1 - Meeting the "bossy" boss!
Chapter 2 - Life is good.
Chapter 3 - The CEO is happy.
Chapter 4 - Shock
Chaper 5 - The Good News.
Chapter 6 - A new deal
Chapter 7 - Awkward encounters.
Chapter 8 - The D-Day.
Chapter 9 - It's real.
Chapter 10 - The wedding day.
Chapter 11 - The reception and the deceptions.
Chapter 12 - Date night
Chapter 13 - Sleepless nights.
Chapter 14 - Mrs. Khan.
Chapter 16 - Walima Reception.
Chapter 17 - Mind your own business.
Chapter 18 - You make me sick
Chapter 19 - In sickness and in health
Chapter 20 - Decisions
Chapter 21 - Let it go
Chapter 22 - Is it a goodbye?
Chapter 23 - Lost her
Chapter 24 - The firsts
Chapter 25 - To Pakistan
Chapter 26 - Protecting her.
Chapter 27 - A shock
Chapter 28 - The wedding day.
Chapter 29 - Happy days
Chapter 30 - Prying the past.
Chapter 31 - Mending the hearts
Chapter 32 - Testing times
Chapter 33 - Awaiting miracles
Chapter 34 - Trials and Questions.
Chapter 35 - My love.
Chapter 36 - Baby steps
Chapter 37 - Wholesome days

Chapter 15 - Brother's wedding

17 1 0
By xchaoticthoughtsx

Following that day, it had become a routine for Aaban to come home late. He lied about having lots of work just so he didn't have to face her. He came home at dinner time when she was tired and preferred to sleep instead of wasting her energies on someone who didn't care much about her.

That night, when she was picking up her prayer mat, she turned to him.

"Can I leave on Friday for Bhai's [brother's] wedding?" She asked.

"To stay there?" He asked. She nodded.

"How many days."

"Five."

"Okay."

"Can you drop me?"

"I will be busy. Go with the driver."

Sighing, she laid down, pulling up her duvet. She knew his answer but still there was a flicker of hope in her heart when it came to her family. Aaban on the other hand, had a way of crushing her every hope and dream just like that.

The next night, Aaban again came home at 12 in the midnight and found Haneen waiting for him at the dinner table.

She looked at him briefly and he looked like he was under a lot of stress, rubbing his temples continuously. She wanted to ask him what was wrong but she was too scared. She knew he was going to scold her again if she interfered in his business.

As he reached near her and their eyes met, Aaban wanted to tell her everything but his mind wasn't cooperating. It never did. His heart told him time and again to tell her but his mind was too powerful to let the heart win.

"I told you that day itself that don't wait for me at the dinner." He spoke, tired and exhausted by this constant unsettling feeling.

"I am sorry. I can't do this." She stared at him blankly.

"You may be my wife in the eyes of the world but I don't consider you to be doing that role in front of me neither I expect anything from you."

"Thanks for reminding me that I dont even hold a tiny bit of value in your life." She spoke as her tears made their way out and she went to her room, leaving a guilty Aaban standing cluelessly.

The next morning, she had left before he even woke up. He felt a little disappointed not seeing her sleeping beside him but shrugged it off.

Haneen on the other hand was so glad to be back where she belonged. She wholeheartedly participated in all the preparations of the wedding because two of the most dear people to her were getting married. Pushing away all the negative thoughts, she decided to focus on being happy and make it one of the most memorable moments of her life.

Yousaf and Hana had mutually decided not to go for a lavish wedding. They just wanted a simple and cozy home wedding with elegant decor and close family members. Apparently, they both wanted to spend money on travelling together instead of spending so much on a mere wedding. Everyone was okay with their decision and so there were not much preparations to be done.

Before the wedding night, Hana had caught hold of Haneen and wanted her to stay with her as her sister instead of Yousaf's. Haneen had agreed since Hana had no sister so she always considered Haneen one. They changed and were discussing stuff about how quickly they grew up and were now married women.

"So how's jeeju? [brother in law] Did you guys do the deed yet?" Hana smirked at her.

"Shut up, Hana." She gasped in horror.

"What? He's your husband." She shrugged. "Don't tell me you haven't done it. It's been a month, Hanie."

She shook her head in embarrassment. "I am scared."

"Of jeeju?" [brother in law] She asked. "I am too disappointed. You are too slow. Here I was looking for some tips."

Haneen didn't know what to say to her anymore. Aaban hadn't even held her hand lovingly for once let alone anything else. Sadness engulfed her entire soul as she closed her eyes and tried to sleep.

The next evening, everything was ready. Almost all the guests had arrived and it was time for Nikkah. [Wedding]

"Hanie, mera bacha. [my love] Call Aaban. Where is he? It's getting late."

"Mumma, he was busy with some work. I will call him." She lied. To her own mother. Just because of that man.

She went to her room and dialled his number. As always, he didn't pick up her phone. She had lied about work when in reality Aaban and her had no contact with each other for the past two days. She didn't even know where he was. Disappointed, she went downstairs, praying that nobody would ask her about Aaban.

"Haneen, where's your husband? We have never properly met him." One of the lady asked.

"He's running late. He'll be here soon." She smiled at her. She had answered the exact same thing three times in ten minutes now. Aaban was nowhere to be found. She silently prayed for a miracle.

"Hanie, Aaban kidhar hai? Nikkah shuru karna hai?" [Where's Aaban? We have to start the wedding ceremony.] Her dad asked her this time.

"Baba, actually -" she was about to say something when she suddenly saw him entering through the door in his crisp black suit. It looked like he came straight from work but nevertheless, it complemented her dress extremely well. She sighed in relief. Finally, he was here and all her worries were now gone.

After Nikkah, everybody got ready for the venue where dinner was supposed to be held. Aaban followed her in her old room.

"Are you going to change?" She asked him. He just shook his head. The beauty in front of his eyes was too gorgeous to say anything.

"Okay, you can rest here for a while. I will change my dress and we can leave a bit later." She told him.

"It's okay. I am not that tired. We shouldn't be late. You can take your time." He spoke as he settled on her cute little bed, taking off his shoes.

She went to her wardrobe and came out after ten minutes with a sad pout on her face.

"What's wrong? Why haven't you changed yet?" He asked.

"I cannot decide." She sighed.

Aaban wanted to chuckle at her adorable reason but held it back with a small smile.

"Show me." He offered to help as they were getting late.

She brought out two dresses.

"Red one." He spoke without wasting a second.

"Thankyou." She flashed a bright smile and went to change. It would have been 5 minutes when he heard another complain.

"Aah...Aaban please mumma ko bula den." [Please, call my mom.]
She was so carefree here at her home. He couldn't believe that she was the same person who was absolutely silent at his place. He found her so cute in her comfort zone that he didn't realize she had called him again.

"Aaban, are you there?"

His trance broke. "Sorry, I will call her right now. Wait a minute."

He quickly got up and looked around the house filled with guests in every corner making him uncomfortable. One of Haneen's cousin passed by just then. He asked her about her mother only to know that she had left for the venue. He came inside and told her, hearing her disappointed sigh from inside.

"What's wrong?" He asked again.

"I can't zip it up from behind." She whined.

"You were calling your mother for that?" He was surprised.

"Obviously."

He knocked on the glass door deciding to help her. "Can I come inside?"

"Uhm." She gulped as she found him staring at her in the mirror. She was standing there, dressed in a royal reddish maroon Saree, looking like a dream. He came and stood behind her, continuously staring at her in the mirror. He couldn't tear off his gaze from her. Every time he thought that she couldn't look prettier, she proved him wrong.

Haneen would have run away, never looking back if he told her what was going on in his mind. It was a bad bad decision offering her for help. He stood behind her, making her shiver. Her legs felt like jelly as he placed his arms on either side of her figure, fitting her perfectly there. Not for once, he looked away from her. His knuckles grazed her bare back as she shook uncontrollably in his arm which was now around her waist, pulling her closer to himself. He zipped up her blouse painfully slow as she struggled hard to breath the same air as him. She had never been this close to him yet.

Aaban didn't know what had taken over him. He just couldn't get a hold of himself. His face was too close to her neck and she could feel his hot breath on her with her eyes closed. His hold tightened around her small waist as he saw her reaction in the mirror and that persuaded him to go on. He gently placed his lips on the side of her neck, making her heart go wild. She was breathing so hard. It felt like there wasn't much oxygen left for her to take in.

Just then, there was a knock on the door. "Hanie, be quick. Everyone else has left. And lock the house before you guys leave."

Aaban quickly came back to the room, realizing what he was doing leaving a very flustered Haneen inside the wardrobe. She didn't need the blush-on anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 811 33
"...Don't show that you cared about my happiness, when you actually didn't. I doubt if you ever truly did care." I whispered the last part menacingly...
7.4K 519 12
Aamir had known Muhammed, and his brother, Yusuf since high school and had know that they were two-thirds of a set of triplets. He had never met thei...
10K 524 15
Nikhat Jahan, a sight for sore eyes, passionate and just as much compassionate, stubborn, sassy and just as much compromising, the apple of her fathe...
173K 7.5K 24
• HIGHEST RANK #1 in Islamic• (COMPLETED ON FEBRUARY 14, 2019 WITH 14K READS!) That is the real Aaban Waheed, the man she fell in love with. Yet, one...