𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐖𝐢𝐧�...

By DWeber02

"𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐊𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐋𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞." Brothers of Winchesters, Sam and Dean, got a voicemail from their father... More

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈
𝐈
𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐕
𝐕
𝐕𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐗
𝐗
𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐋
𝐗𝐋𝐈
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈𝐈
𝐈
𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐕
𝐕
𝐕𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐗
𝐗
𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐋
𝐗𝐋𝐈
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈
𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐕
𝐕
𝐕𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐗
𝐗
𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐋𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐘𝐨𝐮

𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

363 14 4
By DWeber02

"Ellen, it's me again. Any chance you've heard from him? I swear, it's like looking for my dad all over again. I'm losing my mind here. No, Karina and I called him a thousand times, there's nothing but voicemail. We don't know where he went, or why. Sam's just gone."

Sam Winchester suddenly disappeared.

It left Dean and Karina worried. He didn't sleep in or left any messages to Dean or Karina. Karina had a weird, bad feeling about this. Her heart beating rapidly chills in her arms, and pit in her stomach. She was watching Dean freaking out against the Impala, talking to Ellen.

Suddenly, her cell phone rang. Interrupting Dean's call with Ellen. She reached for her phone in her pocket. She gasped in realization, already knowing who was calling her on speed-dial.

Sam Winchester.

She patted Dean's shoulder, showing her eyes widened as she answered the call. Dean quickly said his farewell to Ellen. He hung up on the call.

Karina put her phone on her ear and yelled at him. "Sam Winchester, where the hell have you been!?! You have me and Dean worried sick about you. Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"Karina... something happened. I need help."

"We'll help you, just tell me where you are."

Sam gave her information, including the room number of the motel. 109. Twin Lakes. She nodded back to Dean, he quickly got in the car. Karina had her phone on her ear as she sat down on the passenger's seat.

She comforted him, "Sam, stay right there. We're on our way."

Dean drove off out of the road, heading to his brother.

When they both finally arrived at the motel. They all walked in a narrow hallway. Checking every door number frantically. At the close end of the hallway, is the same door number. Dean knocked on the door, yelling out his name.

"Sam, it's us. Sam!!"

There was silence.

Dean reached for the door handle. It was unlocked. Entering in Dean Winchester and Karina Leone.

The first thing they both saw was Sam Winchester sitting on the end of the bed. He was staring at the distance on the ground. Karina rushed to him, kneeling down on the ground. Dean closed the door behind him, following Karina's steps.

"Sam? Hey."

"Hey, guys."

Karina noticed Sam's shirt. It was covered in smeared blood. It looked fresh for one day. She also noticed Sam's bruised left hand. From punching someone. She shared a look with Dean.

He asked, "Are you bleeding?"

"I tried to wash it off."

Karina was groping through his brown jacket. Seeing a view of the blood on him. She didn't see a cut on him due to the blood. She began examining his hand, seeing the red coverage of bruises on his knuckles.

Karina exclaimed, "Oh my God."

"I don't think it's my blood."

"Whose is it?"

"I don't know."

Dean asked, "Sam, what the hell happened?"

Sam finally looked up, looking at green and brown eyes. Staring back at him. Eyes filled with worry and fear. "Dean... Karina... I don't remember anything."

"Come on, Sammy. Let's get you cleaned up."

While Dean was out to get information, and some food for Sam. For anyone knows how long he ate. He left Sam and Karina alone in the room. Karina wanted to make sure that he got cleaned up from the blood and the bruise. She led him into the bathroom.

Sam takes off his brown jacket, showing a clear view of his bloodied shirt. The view of Karina gave her a bad feeling. Creep feelings. Sam's eyes were on the ground, drowning in thoughts.

Karina slowly picked up Sam's left hand. Examining the red coverage. There is no cut or anything, just smeared blood. "Looks like there's nothing to wrap up. You're good as new, Sam."

Sam swallowed his throat, "Karina... something terrible happened and I can't remember."

"Hey... everything will be alright, okay? Let's get you cleaned up, first."

Karina turned on the sink water, letting it run. She grabbed the bar soap, she grabbed Sam's hand. She gently washed the blood off. She was in the trance of taking care of him whereas Sam glanced down at Karina.

Watching her cleaning the blood in comfort.

He sighed deeply, taking a view of Karina Leone. She caressed his hand into the sink, draining the water off the soap. She caressed softly on his hand. He smiled softly, still in the trance.

He moved closer to her. Karina noticed Sam taking a step toward her. She looked up at him and gave him a soft smile. She looked down, focusing on Sam's hand. She rubbed her thumb on his knuckles softly.

Sam's hazel eyes shifted to Karina's wavy ponytail. It was intoxicating to him. While Karina was washing the blood off of Sam's hand, his right hand reached up higher. He did something that made Karina uncomfortable. He twirled a string of her ponytail, he stared deeply at the view of it.

Karina shifted uncomfortably. She looked up at Sam and fakely smiled at him. She waved, and she gently blocked his hand out of her hair.

She chuckled uncomfortably, "Okay..."

He chuckled, showing his dimples as he smirked. "Sorry, it's just... you're so beautiful."

"Um... thanks..."

Karina looked down at Sam's hand, seeing blood coming off his hand. She pressed her lips together, awkwardly uncomfortable. Not because of Sam... Because his action was creepy.

She quickly grabbed the nearest towel. She swallowed her throat. She dried his hand, she looked up at Sam. She gave him a soft smile, he copied her smile on her.

Hazel to brown.

Sam looked down at the view of Karina's hands drying his hand. He smiled softly at the view. He looked at Karina's brown eyes, and he smiled softly. He stared at her eyes, deeply.

The way Sam looked at her, made her have chills in her arms. Not the bad way.

"You know... it's been a long time since we... touched."

"Yeah..."

"Particularly, holding hands."

"Right... yeah."

"I'm not terrified now... Thanks to you."

"Well... some people say that I have a soft touch. Most people say that I'm not that great as a person."

Sam shook his head, slightly. He was looking into her eyes deeply, and softly spoken, "I don't believe that."

Sam caressed Karina's right hand, softly. He rubbed her thumb on her knuckles. Giving herself a sharp inhale, feeling his touch. Simple, handed touch. They both stared at each other, deeply.

Not knowing how much time had been spent on each other's eyes.

Second, minute, hour. Time takes them both into ecstasy.

Karina's eyes blinked out of the stare. She pulled her hand away from his hand. She clasped her hands together.

She moved aside by suggesting one thing. "You should get dressed in clean clothes. I'll just be out of your way."

Sam nodded slightly, and still had the same smile on her. She returned a smile, she grabbed his brown jacket. She closed the door on him. Her eyes began to widen, rubbing her forehead.

She laid Sam's jacket on the chair. She took a deep breath as she laid down on one of the twin beds.

She looked up at the ceiling. Drowning in thoughts. Karina shifted by reminiscing about Sam's touch on her ponytail. He had never done that to her ever. She wouldn't let him. The feeling of touching Sam's hand though... It was intoxicating for her.

She shook it off. She raised her left arm up high. She pulled the sleeve of her top down. Getting a view of her scars. Reminding her. She cleared her throat, and she began caressing her scars.

She pulled down her sleeve as she waited for Sam Winchester out of the bathroom.

***

Dean returned to the room, carrying a bag filled with fast food and a liter of root beer. Sam changed his clothes, which Karina ordered him to do. Karina was still sitting down on the same bed, she looked at Dean.

She asked, "What did you find out?"

He set the bag and the liter down on the table, along with his car keys. He answered Sam, "You checked in two days under the name Richard Sambora. Of course, I think the scariest part about this whole thing is the fact that you're a Bon Jovi fan."

Sam and Karina warned him in unison, "Dean."

"Your room's been quiet, nobody's noticed anything unusual."

Sam asked him in disbelief, "You mean no one saw me walking around covered in blood?"

"Yeah. That's what I mean."

"Then how the hell did I get here, guys? What happened to me?"

Dean took off his jacket and put it aside on the chair in front of the table. He explained, "I don't know, even Kay doesn't know. But you're okay, and that's what matters. Everything else we can deal with."

Sam looked at Dean, "Oh really? 'Cause what if I hurt someone? Or worse?"

"Sam..."

Sam and Dean looked at each other for a short while. Karina crossed her arms as she was still sitting on the end of the bed. Sam shared a look with Karina, she just looked at him, blank.

He asked them both, "What if this is what Dad warned you guys about?"

Karina shook her head, "Sam, don't say that. Obviously, we don't know what happened. Don't get tense up about it. Just take a breath.'

Sam paced in a circle, drowning in thoughts. Karina asked him softly, "Now, tell us... What is the last thing you remember? Don't pressure yourself, okay? Go ahead."

Sam sat down in a chair in front of Karina. He answered slowly, "Me, and us in that motel room in West, Texas. Going out to grab some burgers, and ice cream, and..."

Karina inferred, "West, Texas? Sam, that was over a week ago."

He looked at them both, "That's it."

Dean and Karina looked at each other, while Sam was reminiscing. He continued, "Next thing, I knew I was sitting here... Bloody. I felt like I'd been asleep for a month."

Dean walked over to the window as he explained, "Okay. Retrace your steps. The manager said you left yesterday afternoon and he never saw you come back, so..."

Dean pulled back the curtain, he noticed the smeared bloody fingerprint on the edge of the window handle. He warned Sam and Karina, and they both walked up to Dean. Seeing the sight of blood, heading directly outside.

They all get out of the room, following the window's direction. It's still daylight as the gray clouds form up in the sky. The location they were all standing in was the parking garage behind the motel.

Dean asked, "Recognize anything?"

"Not really."

They went toward the parking garage further to see if Sam remembered something. The voice stopped Dean and Karina. Sam was looking at the distance. Seeing the view of each garage door.

Karina read him, "You remember?"

"Not really, it just feels familiar, you know?"

Sam and Karina shared a longingly look at each other. Dean looked back at the doors, he walked closer to the doors. Sam suggested door number two. Dean walked to door 2. He tugged the padlock, giving a sign it's locked.

"Wait."

Sam dug something in his jacket pocket. He pulled out a small, metal key. He passed it on to Dean. He put the key into the lock and twisted the key. Padlock unlocked, he looked at Sam and Karina.

Surprised.

Dean pulled the garage door open, revealing a filthy beat-up Volkswagen Beetle. Leaving Dean and Karina shocked, and comfortable with the view of it. Sincerely for Ted Bundy's car.

Karina looked at Sam and exclaimed. Eyes widened.  "Seriously!? You stole that!?!"

Sam fidgeted at the thought of it. They all went separate ways around the car. Sam on the other side, and Dean and Karina together on one side. They all examined through the car, Karina noticed something on the backseat floor. It disturbed her to think about it.

"More blood."

Sam brushed off the steering wheel, showing the blood-stained on his pointed finger.

Karina looked at Sam, seeing him holding his finger to them. She responded to him, softly, "Look at the back."

He looked at the back and picked it up. It was a blood-stained knife that was stuck to the floor. Made a sticking blood sound when he picked it up. He examined it from his eyes and two people's eyes.

Please... no...

Sam asked, "You think I used this on someone?"

Karina shook her head, "We're not thinking anything, Sammy."

Sam looked around, and he rubbed his prints off the handle on the inside of his jacket. Leaving Dean Winchester and Karina Leone, reading him closely. Drowning in thoughts.

Dean looked down at the bottom of the front seat, and he picked it up. It was a pack of cigarettes. "Okay now, this is disturbing. Come on, man, this couldn't have been you. Had to have been someone else, someone who...'

Dean sniffed the cigarettes and finished his thought. "Smokes menthols."

Sam showed them something and answered. "Hey. Gas receipt. Few towns over."

When they all arrived at the same gas station due to the receipt. Through all this time, Karina was reading Sam's movements in the back. All she sees is just Sam drowning in thoughts.

Terrified and worried.

"All right, receipt for 10 gallons at pump number 2. You getting any-- any goosebumps yet? "God, this looks familiar" deja vu vibes?"

Sam shook his head quietly as he looked out his window.  Karina comes up on the front seat, looking at Sam. Even though his head is in front of her, she knows he's listening to her words clearly.

"Hey... maybe someone inside will remember you. Okay?"

Sam looked down on his lap and shifted his eyes to Karina. She smiled softly at him. She got out of the car, the boys followed her lead. They all entered the building, and they all gave the cashier a nice gesture smile.

Cashier yelled out, eyes on Sam. "You! Out of here now, I'm calling the cops."

Dean asked as he pointed to Sam, "You talking to him?"

"Yeah, I'm talking to him. Jerk comes in yesterday, stinking drunk, grabs a 40 from the fridge, starts chugging it."

"This guy?" asked Dean. He turned his head to Sam, "You're drinking malt liquor?"

"Not after he whipped the friggin' bottle at my head."

Dean and Karina's eyes went wide open, hearing this new information about Sam. Dean repeated, "This guy?"

"What, am I speaking Urdu?"

Sam inferred as the cashier picked up the receiver to call the police. "Look, I'm really sorry if I did anything..."

"Tell your story walkin' pal. Popo will be here in five."

Karina pulled her hands up to stop the cashier, "Hold on, hold on. Please put the phone down. Sam, go wait in the car."

"But Karina-"

"Go wait in the car!"

He paused for a second and sighed. He left her to be with Dean and the cashier. Karina turned to the cashier, offering him a soft smile. She responded to him, quietly, "We just want to talk to you, that's all. Okay?'

Cashier returned the phone back and turned to Dean and Karina. She asked, "Now, when he took off yesterday, where did he go?"

"Why don't you ask him?"

"'Cause I'm asking you nicely. Now please, you would be doing me a favor."

"Oh, do you a favor? Well, that is what I live for. You know, your buddy didn't pay for the booze, okay, or the smokes, which he also literally lit up."

"Did you actually see him smoking? Like "cigarette between his teeth" smoking?"

"Yeah. Guy's chimney."

Dean and Karina saw Sam leaning against the car. Patiently waiting for them to come out. Dean cleared his throat and pulled up his wallet from his back pocket. He pulled up some bills for paying the cigarettes, and he placed them on the desk.

"This ought to cover it."

"Hmm... It's... it's coming back to me now. He took two packs."

Karina faked smiling at the cashier as Dean nodded slightly. "Of course he did."

He pulled out more money for the cashier and placed them on the desk. Cashier grabbed the rest of the money, and finally answered for them. "He went north on Route 71, straight out of town."

They both nodded after receiving the information. They both looked down on the candy bar pile. Dean grabbed two Twixes, and Karina grabbed Crunch and Hershey's. They both left for another location.

Night falls, after a long ride heading North. Eating candy bars from the greedy, helpful cashier. Sam was quiet through the whole ride, looking out the window. Dean was asking Sam questions. Due to his behavior, and his actions. Until Sam stopped Dean, he remembered something.

The road exit to the private property.

When Dean pulled up at the stranger's house, there were emergency lights and security lights surrounding the house. They all got out of the car, the light flashed on them from the security camera.

Dean commented, "Whoever lives here, I'd say they don't like surprises."

Karina raised her eyebrows by agreeing with his comment. They all proceed to walk up to the front porch. The house seemed quiet and dark. Karina tried to look in the window, it was dark and empty.

Dean suggested if he should knock or not. Karina shook her head, "It's empty... and quiet."

Dean looked down in thought, and he began to knock on the door instead. There was no one answering the door, no footsteps approaching. Sam walked further into the corner with his flashlight, he noticed something.

"Hey, Dean, Karina."

They both walked up to him, seeing the view of a break-in window. Pieces of shattered glass remained on the ledge. Dean and Karina pulled up their flashlights, lightening them up.

"I'm surprised the cops didn't show-- place like this you'd think it'd have an alarm."

Sam saw the disabled alarm box on the other side of the house. He turned to them, "Yeah, you would."

Trio entered through the window, the first thing they saw. More shattering glass on the floor. Shoes stepped on cracking the glass. There is a shattered cabinet with antique plates, shattered on the floor. Someone pushed someone on the cabinet with more force.

When Dean turned to the corner, he saw a body laying on the floor in the office.

Lifeless.

They all walked into the office, smelling a similar rotting smell. Karina almost gagged when she walked closer to it. Karina suggested Sam turn on the lights. He did what she told him. Karina kneeled down near the body.

She grabbed the rag and covered it with her right hand. So, anyone won't get her prints. She reached rag-wrapped hand on the body and turned it over. It was a middle-aged man with a deeply cut throat. What's more terrifying is that his blood turned into a rotting, dark color.

The rotting smell from the blood became more intoxicating to the people around the room.

Dean put his hand on his mouth, and Karina turned her head away from the smell. She stood up and looked down at the body. Sam was standing behind Karina, looking at the body. Terrified.

"Guys, I did this."

Dean put his hand down and looked at the distance. "We don't know that."

"What else do you need? I mean, how else do you explain the car, the knife, the blood?"

"I don't know, man. Why don't you tell us?"

Sam hesitated, then Dean continued, "Look, even if you did do this I'm sure you had a good reason. You know, self-defense, he was-- he was a bad son-of-a-bitch, something."

Dean began patting down on his body, checking the pockets. "He doesn't have any I.D."

"Karina, I need your lockpick."

"Sorry?"

"I need your lockpick."

Karina ruffled her hand in her jacket pocket and gave it to Sam. He opened the double-door closet in the room. Inside the closet, there was every weapon in each part of the room. Pictures framed up: charts and clippings. Leaving the trio quite in shock.

"Either this guy's a Unabomber..."

"... or a hunter. Dean, Karina, I think I killed a hunter."

Karina noticed a security camera in the room, "Let's find out."

On the other side of the room, Sam logged in to the desktop computer. Cued up on the security camera from the same night at the same timing of it all.

On the screen, hazel, brown, and green eyes upon the screen together. Shocked.

The victim was pushed down on the floor into the same office. A person who was very familiar entered and they both started fighting. The victim pushed a familiar figure away from him in defense. The person wouldn't give up. He began kicking him down, punching him in every part of his body to make the man weak on his figure.

The victim fell down on his back, further back from the screen. The person ran toward him and began dragging him back toward the back of the screen. Perfectly on the frame. He was dragging the victim by the throat, almost choking him. Then, the person used the same weapon and cut the victim's throat deeply.

The person tossed the victim down on the ground, leaving the running blood on the rug. In the exact same position where it was found. The person with a blooded shirt stood up, staring down at the victim. Rubbing the blood off his hand, and blade on the shirt. He looked at the window.

Tape stopped at the sight of the sided-face of the person, and that person was Sam Winchester.

After the viewing of the killer of the innocent man, Karina was in the corner. She was reading Sam who was reading a piece of the pink letter. She was reminiscing every single detail of this day.

First, Sam disappeared. Then, he called her on speed-dial. Asking for help. He informed them both that he doesn't remember anything, especially the last week ago. Sam remembered the key, the car, blade of blood, and gas receipt. That led to another location here. Last but not least, a private property road of the house.

One thing that bothered her though... of how the scene was perfectly captured in the frame.

Every single detail that Sam found was way too easy. Even with no memory of it.

If he was smart enough, he wouldn't leave the gas receipt that easily found the location of the victim. The key... After Sam touched her hair, Karina checked the pockets of the same jacket while Sam was changing in the restroom. There was no key in there when she checked them.

Sounds like Sam Winchester really wanted them to find the scene. To find out that he did it.

The only question left was why?

Rational thoughts were interrupted when Dean broke the CPU. She wasn't listening to the conversation between Sam and Dean. Obviously, she doesn't care. All she cared about is the person who was talking to Dean and all she was thinking was that Sam Winchester whom she knew wouldn't do this.

"Wipe your prints, then we go."

***

When the trio returned back to the motel, Karina was following Sam's steps. The intense feeling after her thinking. She leaned against the design pillar by Dean's bed, hiding her hand grip on the blade on her thigh holster. If Sam wants to play the game, she'll play his game.

Her eyes were on Sam Winchester who was pacing back and forth in worried.

Dean set his duffel bag on his bed, "All right, we get a couple of hours sleep, and then we put this place in our rearview mirror. Look, I know this is bad, okay? You've gotta snap out of it.'

"Sam, say something!!"

"Just get some sleep and leave in the morning? Murder, guys. That's what I did."

"Maybe." Sam scoffed, and Dean continued. "Okay? Hey, we don't know... shapeshifter!"

"Oh, come on. You know it wasn't, you saw the tape. There was no eye flare, no distortion."

Karina sighed deeply and looked at him deeply. "Sammy, it wasn't you! Yes, the figure might be you, but it wasn't you."

"Well, I think it was."

Sam sat down on his bed, staring at the distance. He began fidgeting his knee, hesitantly talking to Dean and Karina. He proceeded with his answer, "I think maybe more than you know."

Dean asked Sam, angrily, "What the hell does that mean?"

"For the last few weeks, I've been having... I've been having these feelings."

Dean and Karina shared a look at each other. They walked to him and sat down in front of him.

Karina softly asked Sam, "What feelings?"

"Rage... hate... and I can't stop it. It just gets worse. Day by day, it gets worse."

"You never told us this."

Sam looked at both of them, "I didn't want to scare you."

Karina raised her eyebrows and pressed her lips together. She got up from the bed, and Dean followed her along. They were thinking the same thing.

"Well, bang-up job on that."

"Dean, Karina, the yellow-eyed Demon-- you know he has plans for me... and we both know that he's turned other children into killers, too."

Karina looked at Sam, "Sam, you can control yourself including someone who said otherwise."

Sam stood up, and looked at Karina, "It sure doesn't seem like that, Karina, it feels like no matter what I do, slowly, but surely I'm-- I'm just becoming..."

Dean asked, "What?"

"Who I'm meant to be. I mean, you said it once yourself, Dean. I gotta face up to who I am."

Dean yelled, "I didn't mean this!!"

"But it's still true. You know that. Dad knew that, too. That's why he told you guys if ever came to this..."

Dean interrupted him, "Shut up, Sam."

Sam looked at Karina. All she did was avoid his eyes on her. He looked after them and softly replied to them, "Guys, you promised him. You promised me."

Karina looked at Sam. She replied softly with a simple smile, "Listen to me. We're going to figure this out. There's got to be another way, right?"

He nodded his head, "Yeah, there is."

He looked down at the duffel bag and reached his hand in the bag. He grabbed the handgun out of it and handed it to Dean. That moment right there was when Karina reached her blade in her holster, Sam noticed it and he let her, knowing it was the right thing for the circumstance.

Sam's eyes teared up, looking at Dean Winchester and Karina Leone. Together.

"I don't want to hurt anyone else... I don't want to hurt one of you... or both."

"You won't. Whatever this is, you can fight it."

"No, I can't... Not forever. Here, you got to do it."

Sam and Dean stared at each other. Sam laid his eyes on Karina, they were both looking at each other deeply. Not for a long moment of time. He grabbed Dean's right hand and placed the gun in it. Sam stood there, waiting for Dean to kill him.

Dean didn't move an inch of his body. He stared at the gun, blank. Karina's hand slowly drew back from the blade, just watching Dean holding the gun and Sam was standing there in front of them.

"You know, I've tried so hard to keep you safe."

Sam nodded, "I know."

Dean's eyes slowly shifted up at Sam's eyes. He was waiting for him or her to kill him. In Dean's mind, he knew that Karina wouldn't kill him. Especially how she was with him. She would die.

"We can't... We'd rather die."

Dean dropped the gun on the floor and walked past Sam. Leaving him looking at Karina. She crossed her arms, not touching her blades. Sam picked up the gun as he said his words.

"No... you guys will live." He turned to Dean, "You'll live to regret this."

Suddenly, Sam Winchester knocked his brother out with the butt of the pistol. Dean's body fell down to the ground, unconscious. Karina yelled for him, but at a sudden quick. Sam twisted her arm, landing her back on his chest. He grabbed something from the back pocket of his jeans.

A bottle of chloroform.

Sam whispered in her ear as he opened the cap of the bottle. "It's naptime, Sleeping Beauty."

Karina grunted, but Sam was stronger than her. He spun her arm, landing on his chest. Eye-to-eye. He was smirking evilly. In his left arm, he wrapped both of her arms entirely in one piece. Then his right hand, holding a bottle, forced it down in her mouth.

He began choking her, letting the chloroform reach inside her mouth. Karina tried to push him away, but her arms began to weaken. Sam was shushing his way through as he was going to guide her back to the bed. Karina's eyes widened at his presence, and the details she remembered.

She finally figured it out.

Her eyes slowly drifted shut, and her entire body was helplessly unconscious. Sam chuckled evilly and laid her body on Sam's bed. Her head against the pillow. Sam sets the bottle down on the dresser, and then he takes the view of the sleeping Karina Leone.

Lastly, he twirled a string of her ponytail. He smelled it deeply and sighed in satisfaction. He took a view of her one last time as he walked away. He caressed her cheek as she was still unconscious, "Good to be back, Huntress."

Heading straight to the door. Leaving Karina Leone and Dean Winchester, unconscious.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 108 13
"was it the infinite sadness of her eyes that drew him or the mirror of himself that he found in the gorgeous clarity of her mind?" - f. scott fitzge...
24.6K 933 89
"𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬." After four months, Huntress and the Winchesters are back at it again, or are they? The world has mystery, co...
322 15 20
The Winchester brothers had been on the road together since their father had gone on a hunting trip and hadn't been home in a few days. They end up s...
263K 7.6K 125
After her parents were killed by hellhounds, Bobby Singer a close family friend took (Name) (Last Name) in and raised her since she was three years o...