Love You To Death

By gelainess

She died. After that, she woke up in the otome game she played before dying... as the male lead's younger si... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Epilogue
Special Chapter
Author's Message

Chapter 29

7.9K 505 151
By gelainess

The news about Catherina having an unknown disease already spread throughout the empire.

Dorothea Knyghte was worried about Catherina and she wanted to visit her. But she wasn't allowed in the Dwight mansion.

The crown prince also wanted to visit her but was rejected as well.

The only ones who could see Catherina were her family.

Raphael Dwight couldn't go to the palace and work because he was too concerned about his daughter. Carla and Callahan were the same.

They were too worried about Catherina's health.

...

Two days later...

*Cough*

One cough was all it took for Catherina to spit out blood.

'This is abnormal....'

*Gasp*

Her mother's gasp was heard after she entered her room.

Carla quickly ran up to her and wiped her blood using her dress's sleeve.

"Mother."

"Shhh, you're going to be alright. I already sent your brother to the East yesterday to get some medicine. Did you know? The East is known for their specialty and knowledge in both mana and medicine. That's why you need not to worry. Callahan will be back soon." Carla comforted her.

Catherina couldn't help but cry baseless tears.

She pitied her mother who didn't know anything. She felt sad about saying goodbyes. She didn't want to say goodbye.

But she knew for herself that it was almost time.

'If only I didn't have this disease. Would things be different if that were the case?'

"Why are you crying? Come here, my baby." Carla hugged her and patted her back.

Catherina was on her bed because she was too tired to even move. Maybe talking to her mother was her last straw.

"Mother."

"Yes, dear?"

"I have something to tell you. Can you listen to it?"

"Of course."

Unknowingly, Catherina came to open up to her mother about her past life.

She narrated her life on earth and regarded it as a dream.

Her mother listened to her story til the end without any questions.

"What do you think about the girl's family's reaction if she died?" Catherina asked.

"Every child is precious. Surely no parent would like to see their children get hurt and worse, die." Her mother replied.

Just thinking about her family in the last life makes her heart ache.

'It must've been hard for them when I died.' Catherina quietly thought.

*Drip*

Another round of blood dripped out of her nose.

"Oh no."

Carla immediately wiped her blood. She didn't even care if her sleeve got blood on it anymore.

"Your sleeve will get dirtier." Catherina chuckled.

"My sleeve isn't worth to be worried by anything."

Catherina already felt that her time was almost up.

It's only a matter of minutes before she gets her rest.

"Mother, I actually met a boy when I was a child." Catherina continued to narrate.

"Really? Who's this boy?"

"That boy was cute. His eye color was different from one another and his hair was like the sky."

"You see this bracelet?" Catherina raised her wrist and showed off the silver bracelet with blue and purple gems. "His eyes were like the color of these gems."

"I see, that's pretty." Carla praised.

"I actually developed a crush on him as time passed by."

"Oh my, my baby is all grown up." Her mother giggled.

"I secretly met up with him without my parents permission... I'm sorry." Catherina's tears continued to flow.

"No, no, it's fine. Don't apologize."

"I actually wrote a poem for him. I have a favor."

"Yes, dear. What is it? Tell me." Carla continued to reply to her daughter even though tears were still falling from her eyes.

"I put the poem in my drawer. If you see him, can you please give it to him? It's my message for him 'cause it's been some time since I last saw him." Catherina smiled wryly.

"Yes, of course. I'll do that for you."

"And tell father and brother that I love them."

"Of course, they already know about that silly."

"Mother..."

"Yes, baby."

"I'm sleepy." Her voice was shrinking.

"Do you want me to help you lie on the bed?"

"No... I want to sleep in your arms."

"Okay. Sleep tight, my child."

"I love you."

That phrase struck Carla the most.

*Drip* *Drip*

Carla's tears fell on her daughter's cheek.

"I love you too, my daughter."

Catherina... She was sleeping tightly.

So tight that she wasn't even breathing nor moving.

"AAAAHHHHHH- MY BABY! RINA-"

*SLAM*

"What happened?!" Raphael came running after she heard his wife's scream.

"DON'T GO YET- MOTHER STILL WANT TO BUY YOU YOUR FAVORITE DESSERT."

The Duke could only see his wife mourning continuously whilst holding his daughter in her arms.

He was smart. He could already tell what's going on.

"AH! RAPHAEL!" Carla called out to him.

The Duke felt like his world just got crushed. Seeing Rina in a state like that... He couldn't bear to watch it.

"Mother! I brought her medicine!" Callahan finally arrived.

"CALLAHAN! QUICK! FEED THE MEDICINE TO RINA!" Carla was already losing it.

Callahan sprinted towards the bed and quickly checked on his sister.

"Rina, I brought your-"

Something was wrong.

Her sister... He didn't feel her breath. She wasn't breathing.

He immediately checked her pulse only to see... That it was gone.

"What-" Callahan felt weak on his knees. He suddenly lost the strength to stand.

"CALLAHAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING? QUICKLY GIVE HER THE MEDICINE-!"

"Mo-Mother, Rina-" His voice trembled and tears eventually fell.

"Don't worry, baby. Brother already brought your medicine." Carla gently said to the sleeping Rina as she patted her head.

"She's gone- my sister is gone." Callahan mourned.

"What do you mean gone? Your sister is right here."

The Duke and Callahan could only cry about Catherina and Carla's situation.

Carla was losing her sanity,

And Catherina was dead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 338 49
He has a heart of stone... but for her he's burn the world. Kieran Diaz has thought about one thing since he was seven years old: killing the man who...
92.4K 2.7K 41
I got reincarnated as Diana Cisneros, tragic and pitiful villainess who had a completely awful life as a abandoned empress and concubine of a trashy...
1.1M 78.5K 22
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series (But can be read standalone ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spr...
52.2K 1.4K 27
The Duke of Evelon, His Grace David Cyan Rosling, was the strongest noble blood and the childhood friend of His Majesty, King of Eveburke. And I am h...