in my dreams - han seojun

By ynimmm

Bae Yeeun, who quietly sits in the back of the classroom, randomly befriends one of the toughest guys at scho... More

2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
SPECIAL CHAPTER

1

10.9K 214 125
By ynimmm

chapter 1.
«deceive me sweetly»
— in my dreams [red velvet]

"Jukyung!"

I looked up from my desk to see Han Seojun walking over to Jukyung with a big smirk on his face.

They both seem really close.

I don't think I've ever had a conversation with them. Jukyung and I do share similar personalities but for some reason we've never clicked. Seojun, on the other hand, is the complete opposite of me. I don't mind not speaking to him.

The door slid open and Mr. Han came rushing into the classroom, "everybody sit down please," he shouted.

The students all quickly finished their conversations before sitting down. Seojun looked at Jukyung one last time as he took his sweet time returning to his seat.

Despite sitting next to him, Han Seojun has never looked my way. He completely ignores me. I don't think he knows we're in the same homeroom.

Mr Han loudly clapped his hands before taking out a piece of paper, "we're starting a group project on a short story you and your partner will be working on."

The classroom began to get very excited. Everyone looked at their friends smiling, however their happiness was cut short when Mr. Han spoke once again.

"I chose your partners," he began looking over the paper he pulled out.

The students groaned and some even gently slammed their desks. I felt myself becoming nervous as I knew I wouldn't have the option to do this work on my own.

"Let's not get upset," he said.

A few names and complaints went by before Mr. Han finally got to me, "Bae Yeeun," he called out.

I looked at him and my heart began thumping. My eyes scanned all of my classmates and I sat there wondering who exactly of these people I was going to be stuck with.

"And Han Seojun," Mr. Han glanced over at him, "don't give me that look."

I looked at Seojun. He seemed annoyed and confused. He turned to the person next to him, "who's Bae Yeeun?" the boy he asked pointed at me.

My eyes shot down to my desk. My fingers twirled pieces of my hair as my breathing got heavier. Out of a nowhere, a pair of hands tapped my desk.

"Hey Bae Yeeun go pick a short story for us," he demanded. Seojun didn't even bother to greet me or even ask nicely, but I went ahead and listened just to get all of this over with.

I nodded to him in response and stood up. I wandered over to Mr. Han and his box of books. My eyes analyzed each and every one, making sure I chose a story that seemed the easiest to write about.

"Seojun," I heard a voice speak firmly, "watch how you speak to other people."

My hands reached over to my book of choice. I began walking back to my desk but slowed down once I heard Seojun laugh.

"Suho," he leaned towards him, "mind your business," he snapped.

My eyes moved over to Suho and he appeared unfazed. But he quickly looked over to me and shot me a dirty look. My whole body shivered in awkwardness and I hurried over to my seat.

Once I sat down Seojun turned to me, "let me see what you chose," he demanded.

Without hesitation, I handed him the short story while keeping my head down. Seojun only skimmed through a page before dropping the book on my desk, "when you're done with the project make sure to write my name on it," he said.

Taken aback, I stared at him with a confused expression on my face.

"Are you not helping with the project?" I questioned him.

Seojun laughed, "well you seem smart," he tilted his head while smirking, "you can handle it on your own."

My entire body was raging but I held my thoughts in my head. I simply rolled my eyes and opened the book to begin reading.

"Hey" Seojun yelled, "who do you think you are to roll your eyes at me?"

The class went silent and all eyes were on us.

I glared at him, "how do you expect me to react when you're refusing to help out?"

"You're not helping?" Mr. Han asked Seojun.

He sucked in his lips nervously, "no I never said that," Seojun shot me a look and looked back at Mr. Han, who appeared to be frustrated with the both of us.

Mr. Han sighed, "stand outside the classroom so I can speak to both of you."

Seojun slammed his hand on his desk before walking out. With everybody watching us and some even whispering, I anxiously stood up and followed behind him.

I could see the rage in Seojun's face as he avoided looking at me. My eyes glanced at the door and I waited for Mr. Han to exit the classroom, so he could give Seojun a piece of his mind.

At last, Mr. Han slid the door shut and turned to look at us, "Yeeun what happened?" he asked me. I expected him to be somewhat upset but he seemed to be genuinely concerned.

I looked down at my fingers, playing with them before answering Mr. Han's question, "Seojun told me I can handle the project on my own," I muttered. Mr. Han glanced over at Seojun, confusion overtook him, "why don't you want to help? Is the story too difficult?" he asked Seojun.

Seojun scoffed, "it's not difficult," he turned to me, "she's twisting my words," spitting out an obvious lie which only made Mr. Han come to my defense instead of his.

"I've never had a problem with Yeeun before. I don't believe she would purposely get a student in trouble," Mr. Han calmly spoke to Seojun.

We both stayed silent. Seojun and I only stared at each other as we waited for someone to speak up and end this little lecture we were both receiving.

Mr. Han sighed tiredly as he slid open the door, "go back inside and finish the project together please," he walked in the classroom and left the both of us outside.

Seojun turned to me, "I see why you're always alone," he spat out before stomping over to his desk.

Instead of giving him a piece of my mind, I stood outside the classroom silently. My eyes blinked rapidly and I could feel them getting watery. I decided to head over to the bathroom to control myself.

And also to avoid Seojun.

My hands shook uncontrollably as I pushed open the bathroom door. I walked over to the mirror and looked at my reflection. Tears were streaming down my face and small amounts of snot were coming out from my nose.

"This is so embarrassing," I cried to myself, "why would you let a jerk like him hurt your feelings."

I ripped out pieces of toilet paper from the stalls and began cleaning my face. My eyes and the tip of my nose were flushed with red. I slapped the sink on frustration because I looked like a emotional mess.

"Are you okay?" I heard a voice mutter. I peeked over my shoulder and saw Lim Jukyung.

My body filled with anger as I only got reminded of Seojun and his nasty words. I ignored her concerns and slammed the bathroom door open. Returning back to the classroom where I was embarrassed by him.

Who you hang out with says a lot about you as a person. If Han Seojun is an asshole, doesn't that make Jukyung one too? Only people with similar personalities become close with each other so now I know who Jukyung really is.

The only way I thought I could avoid Han Seojun is meeting with the schools social worker. I slowed down my steps as I got closer and closer to the classroom. I took a deep breath before sliding the door open.

Luckily everybody was having a conversation.

I wandered skittishly over to Mr. Han. I stood awkwardly in front of him before finally decided to speak up.

"Mr. Han," I mumbled, "is it okay if I meet with the social worker?"

Mr. Han looked up from his pile of papers and gave me a soft smile, "yes that's fine," he nodded. My face lit up with excitement once I got his approval.

I hurriedly strolled over to my desk and began packing my things. My hands shoved whatever was on my desk as quickly as possible until a familiar voice made me pause.

"Where are you going?" I heard Seojun asked.

I chose not to respond his question. My fingers zipped my book bag close and I swung it over my shoulder but was stopped. I turned to see Seojun clasping onto my book bag, "look I'm sorry about what I said," Seojun absolutely refused to let go of my bag.

I looked down at him and tried my best not to let my emotions get in the way again, "it's fine." I spoke to him. I allowed him to continue his grip onto my book bag and I stood there annoyed.

He gave a remorseful expression before finally releasing his hands from my book bag. I turned away from him and exited the classroom.

Do I forgive him? No. Responding to him nicely was the only way to prevent another argument between us. The bad thing is that I still have to continue this project with him. Hopefully, I get through this project in peace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 13.2K 59
After Pein's invasion, Naruto is betrayed by his comrades and left to die. When he wakes up, he somehow travelled back in time to when he was genin a...
824K 38.1K 60
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
268K 11.2K 40
แ€ค Fic แ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ€กแ€›แ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€›แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€…แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ แ€กแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€กแ€”แ€พแ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€žแ€ฌแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€‘แ€ฌแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ Big Warning ๐Ÿšจ18+ Fic แ€แ€•แ€ฏแ€’แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ‹
1M 42.8K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...