My moonlight (Sasuhina)

By Hinatadabest

Moon... She told him once... Rather than the sun that shines in day time... She wanted to to be moon... She w... More

Part 1 - Mother...
Part 2 - The first time meeting
Part 3 - What happened to Hinata?
Part 4 - Be a little Patient
Part 5 - Heart broken
Part 6 - Did she died?
Part 7 - The Understanding
Part 8 - Sasuke's sick
Part 9 - Don't go... Don't leave me
Part 10 - The fortress cracked...
Part 11 - She was just... simply kind...
Part 12 - The first piece...
Part 13 - He took her in
Part 15 - A glimpse of fragile Hinata
Part 16 - Saving two lives
Part 17 - The walls have broken...
Part 18 - I won't leave you... Never...
Part 19 - The Forehead Poke
Part 20 - Her Nightmares...
Part 21 - Home...
Important inform.
Part 22 - Falling in love...
Part 23 - Feeling of being in love...
Part 24 - The Desire
Notice - I'm finally back guys!!
Part 25 - The Deadly mission

Part 14 - Just one more push..

1.2K 65 27
By Hinatadabest

She will never know... She has already taken an important place inside his heart.

[1 week later...]

......There was a small smile on her peach lips that looks captivating. A dazzling smile that the Astraea Goddess herself envies. With satisfaction, she let out a sigh while her amethyst eyes looked at the row of wet clothes hung on the string neatly. The sun came out behind the gray clouds and emitted the warmth on the clothing as if it was appreciating her hard work. The drops of crystal clean water shined the reason that it reflected the light, falling on the green grass in a blink of an eye. Closing her eyes lid, she savors this beautiful morning as the morning breeze blew past through her sending a tickling feeling.

It has been a week.......

...........A week that her father has disowned her... A week that Sasuke, the last Uchiha took her in. Many would claim that living with the Uchiha who is known for his cold-hearted attitude and his ungovernable and fiery temper like living with Satan. It turned out that being under the same roof with the ex-avenger isn't that bad after all. Sasuke tolerates Hinata and he has never raised his voice or attacked her like people expected. He doesn't seem to be disturbed by her presence that radiated nothing but calmness. Despite the fact that Sasuke rarely engages in small conversation, he would usually chat with Hinata here and there with the girl. Not only does he notice that she is grieving for the cruel fate that has fallen on her, but also seeing her locking herself up in this dry compound makes Sasuke talk with her. Even if it can distract her from those memories a little, Sasuke would still do it because he has already considered her as his little sister.

......As Hinata was lost in her thoughts, she didn't notice a pair of sharp eyes that didn't leave her for a second. He looked at every movement she made that looks elegant. The way she smiles, the way she looks up to the sky, and the way her eyes sparkle intrigues something inside the raven's heart surrounded by the fortress that is starting to crack little by little. Such damage she received, yet still pure and innocent. An angel or a human? He couldn't tell the difference clearly. For sure, he knew she was a creature with a pure soul and a kind heart.

Hinata: "Uchiha-san." A sweet and gentle voice that can hypnotize people caught the attention of the raven who is busy reading the scroll that contains Uchiha's history. He glanced at her briefly with an unfathomable gaze. It wasn't completely cold or emotionless like usual yet not soft and warm either. It was hard to express.

Hinata: "I have heard that there is a storm coming. The supplies are running out so I will be out shopping." She said with enthusiasm to hide the fact that she doesn't want to go outside. Hinata wasn't ready to be looked at with judging eyes and criticizing whispers that always manage to hurt her deeply. Sasuke gave her a nod for permission even though he has no right to forbid her. Before Hinata could open the door, she titled her head in confusion when the girl saw Sasuke wearing his cloak and putting his shoes on.

Sasuke: "I will come." His voice was stern as usual revealing no emotion.

Hinata: "Okay then." Hinata smiled widely as she feels encouraged. Sasuke decided to go along with her for some support. Although he cannot motivate her or soothes her pain, at least he can make her feel better by being beside her when she is going outside. Who knows what kind of rumors will be spread in the village that could break the fragile girl.

.

.

.

.

.

Ayame: "Hinata-chan. It's been a long time." The old day greeted her with a wide smile as soon as she saw Hinata entering her small shop.

Hinata: "Yes. It has been. How are you doing Grandma?" With her usual angelic voice, Hinata greeted the lady with a sweet smile on her face.

Ayame: "I am well as you see dear. Hello young man." Ayame didn't forget the dark figure who accompanied the Hyuuga heiress. With a curt nod, Sasuke responded to the old woman along with his trademark 'Hn.'

Ayame: "Oh wait, let me go find the newly picked tomatoes in the back." Like last time, Sasuke looked at the woman who rushed to the backyard with a flat face.

Hinata: "Seems like she noticed your obsession with tomatoes." Hinata said with a lovely giggle while the raven scoffed. It was true though. There wasn't a day when Sasuke lived without tomatoes. Even if it isn't included in dishes, the raven would munch those juicy fruits when he feels like it. It can be said that Sasuke loves those delicious fruits as much as his best friend loves the ramen.

.

.

.

...Hinata looks surprised and confused when she saw the raven handing the shopkeeper money.

Sasuke: "It's on me." He said nonchalantly without glancing at the girl who looks shocked. He rolled his eyes at the expression that girl had. What is so surprising about him paying for the groceries?

Hinata: "You don't have to." She complained but the raven ignored it. He knows that Kakashi didn't pay her for the meals she makes him. Although no one dared to take this mission and agree to take care of the last Uchiha, she didn't get paid much for taking this dangerous mission. Sadly, Hinata can't also go on other missions as she needs to report the Uchiha's condition every day. It means the girl has been using her own money for him. It wouldn't be a problem if she is still a Hyuuga. Being the Hyuuga heiress has its own advantages such as having a good allowance. What kind of man would he be if he is allowing a girl to pay for his daily meal?

Sasuke: "It's fine." Before Hinata could protest again, an irritated expression that Sasuke displayed made her fall silent. No matter how much he tolerated her in past, Hinata knows it's best if you don't make an Uchiha angry. Hinata bid goodbye to Ayame and left with bags of groceries they need.

"I heard Lady Hinata is disowned. Is it true?"

"I also heard that. I don't know why?"

"Maybe she did something unforgivable. Lord Hiashi wouldn't do this for no reason."

"It can be. I wonder what she did."

......Hinata tried not to care about them although those words sunk deep into her heart. Trying to smile her best to only fail, she forced herself to look up. In her lifetime, she always let people walk over her. Always thinking about other people's opinions like she doesn't have her own. Being kind to people even though they don't appreciate it. She has tried her best to please her father. Hinata did everything she could. Training without resting to fit in with the high expectations his father set. Tired yet she kept on trying. With the hope that she will be recognized one day, only to hear those words that tear her apart. Those sweats, those tears she shed are like the dust of sand inside her father's eyes. She wasn't seen. She wasn't appreciated. Is she that worthless?

.........Hinata tried to breathe calmly despite those chaotic thoughts that made her breathless. The words the villagers whispered without caring about her feelings become so loud in her ears. 'Don't listen.' She told herself. 'Please stop.' She wanted to scream, run away and hide under the sheets. Those words they spoke sunk into her heart. Piercing her fragile heart full of wounds. Blood dripping from her heart as it isn't healed completely. Why do people like to hurt her? She showed them nothing but compassion and kindness. A slight pat on her back made Hinata flinch along with her thoughts that disappeared.

..........It was none other than Sasuke. The breathtaking coral eye looked at her deeply with the visible feelings for the first time. A hint of gentleness and concern mixed with his usual cold look. Hinata's heartbeat fastened at the look. His eyes silently said that she is not alone... that he is there for her... The raven patted her back lightly for encouragement. Hinata's eyes sparkled with tears at the gesture. She never thought Sasuke would notice her pain. Getting encouraged by the last Uchiha was the last thing she expected. Then she suddenly realized... Sasuke was looking after her all along... Every morning, Sasuke would come to check on Hinata who is still asleep to make sure she is okay. He would make sure that the girl isn't overworking or eating too little. Instead of asking 'Are you okay?', Sasuke just made sure she is fine. Her glossy lips curved into a tender smile just like Sasuke wanted to see. He likes that smile. The smile reminded him of his late mother. So gentle... His gaze shifted back to the road as Hinata felt better. Her smile was the proof. Will Hinata know that it's the first affection Sasuke has ever shown to someone? The forehead poke to Sakura doesn't count. He just did it to make his teammate feel better but there wasn't any emotion in it or should he say he can't just try loving her? 

"Hokage-sama needs to reconsider. Letting that criminal wander around the village."

.....Sasuke heard it very clearly but he chose to ignore it. It wasn't the first time he has gotten a comment like this. There isn't any point in arguing with a fly either. Although it might be satisfying to cut his tongue that dares to speak about him, Sasuke still needs to consider the reputation of the people who tried their best to save him.

"Tsk, after all the things he did, he doesn't deserve to be forgiven." He still continued without caring about the dark aura that the raven released as a warning. Hinata tried to stop him from speaking but the man doesn't even care when his friend persuades him to shut up before he couldn't see the sun again or feed the dogs.

"He is a monster. Uchihas are all traitors and they are bloodthirsty. Brother of a traitor will also be a traitor." Sasuke's hands were ready to pull out his katana that is sharpened, he was itching to kill that man that dared to talk bad about his brother. His brother did nothing but tried to save this damn village. Killing his own family and joined the Akatsuki and bared the title of 'Traitor' for this place. The flower-patterned ruby beads that glowed made people petrified and frightened. Like they have seen the hell with their own eyes. Sasuke was like a cobra, ready to strike. Before he eats his prey, a little bit of torturing will be fun he thought.

"That's enough." The voice from behind the raven's back made Sasuke distracted. There she stood, with cold eyes. The softness inside those lavender orbs has disappeared as the coldness and stern expression invaded. The smile on her lips dropped as those plump lips were sealed tightly.

Hinata: "He is not a criminal anymore." She spoke with her head high, a stoic expression on her face that she rarely shows.

Hinata: "He has traveled to atone for his sins for 3 years and trying to change. He regrets the mistakes he has made and now he is learning from them. Stop calling him a criminal because of his past." With each word she spoke, sincerity was obvious. Hinata has had enough. Sasuke was more than just a ruthless and cold-blooded killer, he is also broken and hurt. She is not going to let people see him as a monster and blame him. Sasuke also needs love rather than just hatred. After all the things he has endured, he deserves to be loved and cherished deeply. It's okay if they don't love him or accept him as a good man but she is not going to let people talk bad about him because God only knows if he will suffer from it or not.

"He is still a monster. He has killed many people for his revenge. Can you promise that he won't harm us one day? He is a killer and I don't want him inside our village. One day, he will betray us again."

Hinata: "It is true that he has killed people but it doesn't matter if he doesn't anymore. He is not a monster. He is a human who was lost. He just simply didn't know what to do. Don't judge other people or accuse them for the choices they made when you don't know what options they had to choose from. Have you walked in his shoes? Have you felt his sorrow? His doubts. Everyone has their own story. Unless you know that he has no other options and the reason why he became like this, you can't call him a monster for being the way he is. What was he supposed to do when he lost all the people that are precious to him? Monsters are not born, they are made because of the pain or something they experienced." 

......She said at length making Sasuke freeze at her words. Again, she understood him. No, she didn't understand him. She tried to understand him. She tried to learn about his story. She made an effort to know his pain. She chose to see beyond his cold mask. Inside the strong fortress, there lays a broken heart... that only a few people can see. Only people who have felt his pain can see...

"He could have chosen forgiveness." The man was too stubborn to give up or he let the devil eat his consciousness because of the hatred he has for the raven. Yes, when you hate someone, it burdens your heart.

Hinata: "He was just a child. Can you also forgive the murderer that killed your family? When you are just 13? Can you?" Despite the coldness inside her voice, she spoke as calmly as ever not caring about the surprising expression people gave. They wondered, Where did their little sweet princess disappered. Sasuke can see people fall silent at her words that touched him. They have never thought about that. They have never tried to learn about the reasons behind someone's actions but blame them. They never acknowledge the fact that he has lost everything in his life. Everything. They just wanted to call him a monster to cover up the mistakes that the village's elders made. Ironic isn't it? Real devils are calling someone a monster even though they were the ones who made him this way. Letting him fight for them in the war yet still not grateful for it.

"Why are you standing up for that Uchiha. Perhaps you have some affairs with him? Now I finally understand why Lord Hiashi abandoned you. It must be because you are a whore. I should have known earlier. Of course, someone like you will fall for him. Since Lord Naruto has a girlfriend you turned to his best friend in a short time? How cheap are you?" People gasped and started to whisper to each other which made the man grin. Calling a girl whore was like a slap toward them. Hinata's eyes darkened with the fury that she rarely experiences. She was angry, angry that someone dared to call her that. Hinata was a well-educated lady, she is born from a respected clan and she knows manners and can tell the difference between right and wrong. Hinata would rather die than do such kind of thing like this. Also, her love for Naruto isn't that easy to forget. Sasuke didn't do anything but watched her when he realized that there is no use to argue with him anymore. He felt so disgusted that he doesn't want his filthy blood to taint his sword. Though he felt sorry for the girl that got dragged into this matter because of him, his heart couldn't help but be touched to see someone standing up for him so bravely.

Hinata: "Think what you want. Let's go Uchiha-san." She said with a smile on her lips. Hinata too realized that people will think what they want so it's better to leave them be. From the start, her goal was to stand up for the Uchiha even though she knows she can't win. Hinata just wanted to let him know that not everyone thinks of him as a monster. Getting called a whore was unfortunate but it's too late to regret now. Sasuke followed her from behind. Looking at her diminutive figure, happiness invaded his heart. He needed that. He needed someone to accept him the way he was. Not like Naruto who would give him light that will make him a different person. Not like Sakura who wants to change Sasuke to be the Sasuke inside her fantasy world. He just needed someone who will accept his flaws...

Hinata: "There might be a lot of people who don't want you but........."

.

.

.

.

.

.

"you still have me."

She whispered softly looking into the obsidian orb with a gentle gaze that looks alluring making the raven stop breathing. The wind blew as if it was delivering her words to the raven who looked at her with disbelief. His heart was pounding hard against his ribcage like crazy as a weird feeling crept inside his chest.

Another piece. He can feel it. She has picked up another piece and placed it where it belongs. His empty heart now has two pieces. Two fragments...

The fortress he took a lot of time to build is now almost broken. Just one more push, then these strong walls will be completely broken. If it did, Sasuke is sure that she will be the first one to enter...

1/6/2022

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

234K 6.4K 31
[COMPLETED] [mature audiences only] After the war things changed...Sasuke decided to stay, Hinata is still Grieving the lost of Neji , Naruto is so...
112 5 3
She was a noble and influental person..He knew he wasn't worthy enough for her. She was his sun, so bright. While he was the moon, he could admire he...
30K 896 17
It was dark and lonely. No one was there. Suddenly there was a boy with red hair and coral eyes (would that be his eye color?) He smiled at me and sa...
594K 23K 58
When you die, is it eternal sleep that awaits you? Maybe you'll go to heaven or hell and spend the rest of eternity there. Or, just maybe, you'll get...