𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐖𝐢𝐧�...

By DWeber02

"𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐊𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐋𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞." Brothers of Winchesters, Sam and Dean, got a voicemail from their father... More

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈
𝐈
𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐕
𝐕
𝐕𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐗
𝐗
𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐋
𝐗𝐋𝐈
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈𝐈
𝐈
𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐕
𝐕
𝐕𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐗
𝐗
𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐋
𝐗𝐋𝐈
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈
𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐕
𝐕
𝐕𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐗
𝐗
𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐋𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐘𝐨𝐮

𝐗𝐈𝐈

380 15 2
By DWeber02

After Dean informed Sam and Karina that Jo had disappeared, he was in a panic, but Sam and Karina both remained calm. Already knowing that they will find Jo. Dean entered the apartment, already freaking out. Sam spoke to his brother as he was still calm as examined the research one more time. "Look, we've just gotta take a beat and think about this. Maybe we got Holmes' M.O. wrong."

"Yeah, well, we'd better friggin' think fast."

Karina looked at Dean with softer eyes and tone, "Dean, we will find her, okay?"

Dean looked closely at Karina, trying to see any sort of humanity in her eyes. He saw nothing, just hollow. His phone began ringing as he paced around the room and Karina stood over Sam as he sat down on a chair, rereading the research. "Hello?"

It was Ellen on the phone, calling Dean again. This time her tone was of frustration, "You lied to me. She's there."

Dean turned to Sam and Karina, "Ellen." Sam cocked his head as Karina rubbed her face at him.

"Ash told me everything. Man's a genius, but he folds like a cheap suit. Now you put my damn daughter on the phone."

"She's gonna have to call you back. She's taking care of... feminine business." Karina's eyes widened as she heard the worst excuse from Dean Winchester. She looked at Sam who slightly shook at her.

"Yeah, right. Where is she? ... WHERE IS SHE?!"

"Look, we'll get her back."

"Get her back? Back from what?"

"The spirit we're hunting-- it took her."

"Oh my god."

"She'll be okay. I promise."

"You promise? That is not the first time I've heard from a Winchester."

Dean was taken back from what he was hearing, "What?"

"If anything happens to her--"

"It won't. I won't let it. Ellen, I'm sorry, I really am."

"I'm taking the first flight out. I'll be there in a few hours." She slammed the receiver down.

Dean returned back to Sam and Karina, "Damn it!!"

"Don't beat yourself up, Dean. There's nothing you could have done."

Dean ignored Sam's saying as he looked down at him. "Tell me you've got something."

"Um, maybe. Look. If you look at the layout of the Holmes Murder Castle, there's all the torture chambers inside the walls, right?"

Karina nodded, "Right."

"But there's one we haven't considered yet-- the one in this basement."

Dean pointed out, "This building doesn't have a basement."

"You're right. It doesn't. But I noticed this-- beneath the foundation, it looks like part of an old sewer system. It hasn't been used for--"

"Let's go."

Dean grabbed his jacket as he marched out of the apartment. Sam and Karina looked after Dean as they both shrugged their shoulders at each other as they both followed Dean.

***

The next morning as the daylight was still out, the trio was walking down the streets of the location where Murder Castle was. Sam was holding the metal detector with his good arm as Dean and Karina carried the supplies: a shovel and a duffle bag. While then, the detector was traced under the metal of an open field as the trio was following the trace of the sound.

All of the sudden in the middle of the field, a detector was squealing the area. Trio shared looks with each other. "Here." Dean picked up the shovel in his hands and began digging furiously as Sam and Karina looked around the surroundings.

After Dean finished digging, Sam and Dean began digging more with their hands, feeling the metal coverage along with the dirt. They all saw the metal door hatch on each side, then they both pulled the door wide open.

Trio looked closely below, seeing the footsteps of the ladder all the way down.

Karina dropped the bag on the ground and began pulling up hers and their weapons of choice. Iron-throwing knives and shotguns with bullets of salt. Karina grabbed the flashlights, passed for each of them, and began the position to herself by climbing down the stairs.

With a flashlight in her hand, the light guided her down one step at a time. Dean followed Karina's steps with his shotgun, then Sam followed Dean down into the darkness.

As they all disappeared into the darkness, they all crawled down the tunnels of the sewers on their elbows and knees. Karina was taking a lead as she memorized the directions of the sewers, then followed the Winchesters behind her. While one of them was enjoying every minute of it.

The sight of Karina's ass was entertaining to one sly man behind her. Dean Winchester. He was chucking quietly as he was smirking as his flashlight was the spotlight. "Well... perhaps there is light in the tunnel... " He shared a side look on Sam behind him as he gave him a pointed look.

As soon as Dean returned his position, Karina kicked him in the face. Dean reacted as he groaned in pain on his left cheek due to the heel of her boots. He closed his eyes as he rubbed his face. Karina began crawling as she said her words, sarcastically. "Sorry, I slipped." Dean glared at Karina's back as he still groaned quietly in pain. Sam behind Dean's back was looking over Karina's crawling as he smiled softly. He shook his head down as he quietly laughed at himself.

He followed them as his face remained smiling.

Jo Harville was screaming in horror as the spirit of Holmes covered his hand over her mouth. Gagging her with closed eyes, effects of chloroform. Until Dean's shout stopped him, "HEY!!"

Sam and Dean fired their guns into Holme's chest through the gated door. Spirit went flying backward and disappeared into existence. Karina opened the door, letting themselves into the room with compartments. Dean was shouting Jo's name, already knowing that she was still breathing and okay. Dean was busy opening Jo's compartment, and Sam was saving one of the blonde victim's compartments, Theresa. Karina was examining with her flashlight, seeing the skeleton parts along with a few parts of blonde hair.

After Jo let herself out with Dean's help, he began to check on her. "You all right?"

"Been better. Let's get the hell out of here before he comes back." Karina stood up, sharing a look with Sam who was hugging a terrified girl in his arms. She looked at Dean and Jo together.

"Actually, I don't think you're leaving here just yet."

"What?"

"Remember when I said you being bait was a bad plan?" Jo waited for Dean's upcoming response. "Now it's kind of the only one we got." He turned to Sam and Karina as they gave both of them a knowing look.

After Karina guided Teresa out of the tunnels, she gave her a simple farewell and advised her of going to a therapist. She meant every word. Jo's wish got what she wanted, being bait to the spirit. The one thing that changed was spirit never got what he desperately needed.

A simple circle of salt. Trapping the spirit's screaming just like his victims before. Vengeance.

"SCREAM ALL YOU WANT, YOU DICK, BUT THERE'S NO WAY YOU'RE STEPPING OVER THAT SALT!!"

Jo's voice echoed through the tunnel to the open field where Karina was standing. She nodded her head as the mission was accomplished. As everyone was safe and in the presence of light. Sam, Karina, and Jo were standing over the door to the sewers, looking down. Karina couldn't help but ask Jo, "So... this job isn't what you expected, huh?"

Jo looked at Karina, "Well, except for all the pee-your-pants terror, yeah. Sure.' Sam chuckled beside who looked down at the ground as she was smiling softly. Hearing Sam's small laugh beside her. That stopped for a moment as Jo continued her words, "But that Theresa girl's gonna live a life 'cause of us. It's worth it, isn't it?"

Sam and Karina nodded slightly as Sam answered her question, "Yeah. Yeah, it is."

Jo looked down at the ladder one more time, "Hey, what if somebody finds that sewer down there, or a storm washes the salt away?"

Karina lifted her eyebrows as she smirked quietly, she looked at Sam. He first looked at Jo, then at Karina as he replied. "Both very fine points, which is why we're waiting here."

"For what?"

Sam and Karina smirked at each other, the beeping echoed behind their backs. Their heads turned taking a view of a cement truck as the remaining driver was Dean. Reversing toward them. Jo smirked at Karina as she looked at her, "For that."

Sam was waving at Dean's reflection side mirror, "Ho!" Dean stopped the truck and got out of the car, walking toward the back. Sam walked over the side of Jo as he and Karina were setting up a mixer aiming toward the entrance.

Jo looked over to Dean who was standing by Karina, "You ripped off a cement truck?"

Dean shrugged as he replied back, "I'll give it back." He smirked at her as Jo was smirking at his humor. Dean walked behind Karina whose hands were resting on her hips.

Sam took a slight gaze at Karina's profile of her ponytail and dirt marks on her face. In his mind, he was taken back from her beauty. Her eyes met with Sam as she smiled at him, he returned the gesture by averting his eyes from her. His smile remained still as Dean started it up.

Cement began pouring through from the mixer and into the sewers. Dean walked up as they all took a view of their success with another partner on a team. Dean's final words, "Well, that ought to keep him down there till Hell freezes over." Their successful smiles lasted longer.

***

The silence was deafening as the Impala drove down the road along. Dean was driving the car as he glanced nervously to the passenger seat, revealing Ellen Harville. She was quiet on the road, but her eyes were mixed emotions of anger and majorly pissed off by Dean's lie.

Meanwhile, in the backseat of the car, Jo was behind Dean's seat, looking out the window as Sam was looking out the window on the other side of the car. Karina was sitting in the middle. Between the sides of Sam and Jo, eyes looked up at the ceiling of the car, patiently.

Tension was filling up the Impala.

Dean was glancing over to Ellen who was stone-cold and quiet. His mouth was smirking, trying to light up the tension. "Boy, you-you really weren't kidding about flying out, were you?"

Karina's eyes were shut, shaking her head at Dean's worst timing. Jo turned over to Karina's eyes closing and shaking her head. Karina's eyes glanced over at her. Sharing the same thought.

Dean sighed, getting all the tension from his passenger. He thought another thing as Karina quietly crossed her arms. "How about we listen to some music?" He turned the radio on as the soft rock music was playing the irony of the lyrics. You're as cold as ice. Karina's eyes widen on Dean's back, pressing her lips together. Then, Ellen reached toward the radio and turned it off.

Sam and Karina exchanged looks as one of them raised their eyebrows and the other's eyes were still wide open because of the driver. Dean glanced back for some assistance, and the only thing he received was the look from Karina. Eye widen and lifting eyebrows as mouthing warns him. Stop it. He returned back to driving as he sighed his remaining words of the evening.

"This is gonna be a long drive."

By the next morning, Ellen jumped out of the car as Dean parked outside the Roadhouse. She stormed toward Jo's side door and opened the door as she dragged Jo's elbow. Karina was minding her business as usual while Sam and Dean walked to the Roadhouse, following Ellen and Jo.

As soon as Ellen wanted alone time with her daughter, Sam and Dean returned outside. Karina got out of the car, twirling her throwing knife in her hand. Overhearing the sorts of yelling and then the silence from the building. Sam was sitting on the hood of the car. Karina was leaning against the side of the hood still with her knife. Dean was leaning his arms on the roof of the car.

They'll have been patiently waiting until Jo slammed the door, storming outside. Their eyes looked on Jo who shared a look with Dean in front of her before she cast aside.

He followed her as he jokingly asked, "That bad, huh?"

"Not right now."

"What happened? Hey, talk to me."

He touched her arm as she pushed his arm away from her, "Get off me!"

"Sorry. See you around." Dean turned to leave until Jo stopped him.

"Dean..."

He turned to her as she slowly explained what Ellen told her. She walked up to him, "It turns out my dad had a partner on his last hunt. Funny, he usually worked alone. This guy did too, but... I guess my father figured he could trust him. A mistake. The guy screwed up, got my dad killed."

"What does this have to do with-"

Jo's eyes were beginning to water as she interrupted him. "It was your father, Dean."

"What?"

"Why do you think John never came back, never told you about us? 'Cause he couldn't look my mom in the eye after that... that's why."

"Jo."

"Just... just get out of here. Please, just leave."

Jo walked away, leaving Dean drowning in thoughts. As Sam and Karina were watching him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

312 15 19
The Winchester brothers had been on the road together since their father had gone on a hunting trip and hadn't been home in a few days. They end up s...
9.8K 394 71
"𝐊𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐚... 𝐒𝐚𝐦'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞." After the days of 365, Huntress and the Winchesters went their separate ways over the promise. Sam went to H...
11K 564 41
The Winchester brothers and their friends continue their battle against the otherworldly forces of evil while also searching for the brothers' father...
262K 7.6K 125
After her parents were killed by hellhounds, Bobby Singer a close family friend took (Name) (Last Name) in and raised her since she was three years o...