Tasteful - Levi x OC (Attack...

By DefinedWrite

Formerly called 'Epiphany' A close knit group of exceptional soldiers. Arden Croix, Kain Croix, Carlisle Mars... More

Introduction
Titan Invasion
The Struggle for Trost
The Struggle for Trost part II
Troublesome News
Court Verdict
A Different Place
Castle Cleanup
Away
Suspicions of a Traitor
A Change for Better or Worse
Demon Sleep
Some Gentle Sparing
Childhood Trust
Demon Stalker
The Subtle Invitation
Just a Drop of Blood
Warmth, Anger, Confusion
The Change in Them
For the First Time in A While
The Babysitter
The Man With A Clear Death Wish
Chaotic Nature of it All
It's Not About Trust
The Unwanted Gift
A Short-lived Protest
Devilish Judgement
The Day has Come
The 57th Recon Mission
The 57th Recon Mission part II: Trust
The Wrong Judgement Call
The 57th Recon Mission part III: His Decison
The 57th Recon Mission part IV: She's Gone
The Changeling
Walking Like A Dead Man
The Reunion
Losing Lost Comrades
The Love of Family
Poisoned
Her Last Breath...
Stifling Temptation
War of The Heart
Nightmare
Shocking Revelation
The Need to Feed
Worthless Hope
This Cruel Existence is Better With You
Raid on Stohess District
Raid on Stohess District Part II: Hunger-Driven
The Monster Inside
●Important Announcement●
○ Season 2 ○
The Breach of Wall Rose
Hand of God
Sacred Will's Chosen Child
Bertoto
The Switch
Embracing the Madness
Aftermath
●Announcement●
Suspects Revealed
Let the Battle Begin
The Demonic Reveal
Epic
Nightshade
Hell's Influence
Home is A Person
Chaos Ensues
Set in Motion
●Hiatus●
Their Escape
Worries and Jokes
His Disappearance
Bigger Problems to Deal With
My Strength
●Important Update●
●Sneak Peak●
●Sorry Note●
Unveiling the Madness
Deals [We're Back. I'm Sorry]
●Very Quick Update. Please Read●
Distant Allies
My One and Only

Losing Control?

2.1K 80 14
By DefinedWrite

With Arden still gripping tightly onto her younger brother, Kain led them to a small outdoor area. Thankfully there were no MP's around and a well sat in the middle of the closed off area.

"Okay, here you go." Kain breathed as he supported Arden who leant against the well. Her whole body was still heaving up and down with her loud and frantic breathing.

He chuckled nervously, not really sure what caused his older sisters outburst. "You lost control." He stated whilst scratching the back of his neck, swaying on the balls of his feet.

Ardens head snapped in his direction and he immediately gulped. Her blood red eyes were wide with pure rage. Their once blank state was now swirling with anger, hunger, malice. Her jaw clenched, nostrils flared and mouth set into a deep scowl. "Really? I'm glad you could see that." She snapped sarcastically.

The harsh tone of her voice caused Kain to subconsciously jump back. His once playful aura was now replaced by fear.

This was what he hated more than anything. This was the one thing he was truly terrified off. When Arden was angry. And being a half breed demon, losing control means getting angry. It fuels you with pure uncontrollable rage. You loose yourself and slaughter anything in sight.

But this wasn't normal for Arden. She never loses control. So seeing her like this broke his heart whilst simultaneously filling him with fear.

Noticing her younger brother jump back from her in shock, Arden growled. An animalistic, predatory growl. One that shouldn't be possible to come from a human, but only the most deadly and terrifying of creatures.

Her blood red eyes fell to the never ending void of darkness inside the well. She willed herself to focus on it. To see it. To hear it. To feel it.

And slowly but surely, her erratic breathing calmed. The death like grip she had on the stone well loosened.

Kain, who stood a few feet away from her, body still frozen in fear, released a breath he didn't realise he was holding. Hesitantly he called out to her, "A-Arden?"

Arden blinked. Her eyes now focusing on the well. Her once overloaded senses had calmed and she felt how she had regained control over her body. Lifting her hands from the well, blood red eyes momentarily lingered on the deep cracks on the stone from where her hands had previously been.

Quickly she turned to her brother and immediately frowned upon seeing him inched away from her. Wary eyes scanning over her form.

"Kain?" She questioned, her soft voice trembling ever so slightly.

Kain instantly sighed in relief before stepping forward and engulfing his shorter sister in his arms. He pressed her head to his chest and rested his chin atop her soft raven hair. His hands were soothingly rubbing up and down her back as he whispered, "I'm glad you're back."

After a few seconds of hesitation, Arden swiftly wrapped her arms around her younger brothers back. She pulled herself closer to him, wanting to be as close to his comforting embrace as possible. Unshed tears built in her crimson eyes. "I-im so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I didn't mean to do that."

Kains heart broke as he listened to her trembling. She sounded shocked at herself and he knew that she'd end up hating herself for this, even though he didn't judge her for it.

"It's okay. It wasn't your fault." He soothed as he felt her bury her face into his chest.

"Arden? Is everything alright?" The familiar voice of Erwin Smith called out worriedly.

Pulling away a little, Arden blinked rapidly, clearing the unshed tears from her eyes. Taking a deep breath, she turned to Erwin, her blank expression present once more. "I'm fine. Thankyou sir." She spoke in her usual calm voice.

Her eyes moved to the sympathetic stares of Hange and Miche. Then to the narrowed gaze of Levi.

The group had arrived just in time to see Kain comfortingly embracing his older sister. Though they hadn't heard any of their previous conversation.

Levi kept his eyes trained on her, trying to read something from her. But again he was left with nothing.

Clearing his throat, Erwin spoke, "Would you like to join us to meet Eren? We can talk about your transfer afterwards."

Arden nodded her head, a sign of acceptance before completely pulling away from her younger brother.

"Arden!" Kain called as he gripped her hand. His big, red, pleading eyes were expressing his worry for her.

Arden looked back at him, a soft smile that the others couldn't see, "It's okay. Go back to the others and tell them to prep for transfer. I'm alright." She reassured as she gave his hand a gentle squeeze.

Pulling her hand from his, Arden turned back to face the group. Her face once again expressionless as she signalled for Erwin to lead the way.

Levi watched the siblings interaction intently. What troubled him though, was the panicked look in the usually crazy boys eyes. Just what exactly happened to her?

With Arden following behind Erwin, Levi's steps had unconsciously fallen in line with hers as the two once again walked side by side.

~•~

Arden stared at the door to the room Eren was currently sitting in. Her mind wondered to how she reacted when she smelt his blood. Was it something to do with him being a Titan? But she'd never reacted to Titan blood like that before?

Erwin pushed open the door, allowing everyone to walk inside before he himself did. Eren was sat dully on a sofa but when he saw the sight of the people walking inside, his eyes widened in fear. Specifically at Levi who paid him no mind. Levi leant on the wall directly across from Eren as Miche walked to the window and stared out of it.

Hange immediately crouched infront of Eren and began tending to his wounds whilst Erwin and Arden stood together.

Arden cautiously took in a deep breath. This time, she couldn't smell the sickly sweet smell, despite Eren still being covered in blood. What the hell?

She was pulled from her thoughts by the boy himself gawking admirably at her. "Y-you're--" He stuttered, seemingly recognising her.

Arden took calm strides forward, before dropping into the chair right beside Eren. "Arden Croix. It seems you've heard of me." She held out her hand for him to shake and he didn't miss a beat to gratefully shake it.

"Team Leader of the Garrison Regiments Elite Squad. They say you're second to Captain Levi himself!" Eren marveled, his eyes sparkling with awe.

"Tch." Levi responded, causing Arden to glance over at him. The two held eye contact for a few seconds before she turned back to face Eren.

"I didn't know people thought so highly of me." She responded. Eren grew confused by her blank expression. He couldn't tell whether she was offended or saw it as a compliment.

"You get used to it." Erwin spoke to Eren, referring to the girls expressionless face.

Hange decided to speak as she cleared up the rest of the blood from Erens face, "Well that went better than expected. Does it hurt?" She questioned him.

"Yeah." Eren responded honestly.

"Yeah? Describe it to me!" Hange marvelled, her glasses sparkling with desire to find more information about the Titan shifter.

"Huh?" Eren questioned wide eyed, taken aback by the sudden fascinated demand.

Erwin walked over to Eren as Hange stood up, allowing the Commander to stand directly infront of the young boy. "Sorry for all that. But the theatrics did get you placed in our custody."

"No, I understand." Eren responded.

"I can assure you the pain was worth it. We played our trump card at the perfect time." Erwin crouched down to eye level infront of Eren, extending his hand for a handshake, "You have my utmost respect. Eren, I'm glad that you're on our team." Erwin smiled at the boy.

Eren happily shook the Commanders hand, "Uh? Me, too! Glad to be here, sir!"

Levi walked across the room toward the two who were sat on the sofa. Levi casually dropped down beside Arden, his arm extending over the back of her head and resting on the back of the chair. They sat so close that their legs were brushing against each other.

The action caused the both of them to look at each other, steel grey on blood red. Then Levi spoke, "So, Eren." It was only after he finished his sentence that he moved his stare to the person he was talking too.

Eren visibly flinched, still shaken up by the beating he received from humanities strongest soldier, "Sir?" He questioned cautiously.

"You don't resent me now, do you?" Levi asked, tilting his head toward the shaken up kid.

Eren crossed his arms over his stomach, "N-- No. I can see that what you did was necessary, sir."

"Good. Then you understand." Levi replied, emotionless. Closing his eyes and turning to face forward. His leg slightly brushing more against Ardens.

"Still, don't you think you went too far? I mean, you knocked his tooth out! Neat, huh?" Hange exclaimed as she unfolded a small white cloth, revealing Erens knocked out and still bloody tooth.

Arden glanced between the tooth and Hange, "Gross." She simply stated.

"You picked it up? How disgusting." Levi agreed with Arden as he stared at Hange.

"This is a precious sample I'll have you know!" Hange exclaimed proudly.

Levi turned to Eren, leaning into Arden a little bit more once again, "Hey, just be glad people like that aren't dissecting you."

"I'd rather take the pigs at the Millitary Police." Arden added, staring blankly at Hange.

"Don't you dare to compare with them. I would never even dream of killing him." Hange quipped back.

Arden muttered under her breath, the only person hearing being Levi, "You can still experiment on him while he's alive."

Levi smirked. He knew that Hange would most likely subject the kid to other kinds of torture, that dont involve killing him. Arden had only known her for a few days, yet she figured it out.

Hange quickly turned to Eren, a hyperactive smile on her face, "Hey, Eren. Let me take a look inside that mouth of yours!"

Sighing in defeat, Eren quickly realised that it would be pointless to fight against Hange. So he opened his mouth to let her look inside.

"Your tooth..." her shocked tone caught the attention of everyone in the room, "it grew back."

~•~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 4.8K 28
**Cross-posted to AO3** (Name) lived in Trost with her mother while her father lived in Shiganshina with his sister. She lost her entire family betwe...
1M 28.1K 86
Suns had always been known to be the brightest light, but anyone whose ever met one particular girl would know her smile conquered all. She loved and...
5.5K 159 12
Just a fun and saucy Levi x Reader story. 🍋 w/ a sprinkle of plot. Enjoy ❤️ Dec. 2021: I wasn't planning on ending this fic at chapter 11 but I act...
244K 5.1K 35
↳𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 ࿔*:・ ━━━ 𝐿𝑒𝑣𝑖 𝐴𝑐𝑘𝑒𝑟𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑥 𝑅𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟✔︎ ❝𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔?❞ W...