Elias | ✔️

By BoundlessReverie

✔️ | After swearing off relationships, I never thought I'd fall for my one night stand. A complete stranger... More

Intro
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four

Chapter Ten

4.2K 228 26
By BoundlessReverie

Elias

"Don't be upset you don't have a date, Eli. I've got plenty of more than average friends who swing our way. If you know what i'm saying."

Luke gave me an over exaggerated wink as we sit back on the couch. "I'm not upset I don't have a date. I could care less" I said sternly.

"I'm sure I could find someone to spend the night with if I really wanted to, I just don't know that I do." I said.

"It's been half a year since you've been with anyone, Eli. I just want you to put yourself out there and try to find happiness." Luke answered, his hand squeezing mine gently as I give him a small smile in return.

"Enough about me. Please. It's your wedding day, we should be focussing on you."

Pausing our conversation, a knock at the front door resonates through the cabin.

"I'll get it. It's probably the suits." I said.

"Just a second!" Luke yells.

I run down the stairs, skipping a couple steps as I go. I open the door slowly as Arlens best man, Zayn, turns around to face me.

My jaw drops as I see the beautiful face I thought I'd never see again. No fucking way. Am I dreaming? Is it really him?

"I... It's y-you, but h-how?" I said nervously.

"This whole time...It's been you that Luke talks about? You're Elias?" Zayn said shyly.

I can't stop myself. I need to touch him, I have to make sure this is real.

I take a few steps forwards, reaching my hand out to cup his gorgeous face. The second my palm touches his warm golden skin, I instantly knew that this time, this wasn't a dream.

"I didn't think I'd ever see you again." I spoke quietly, staring intently into his emerald green eyes.  "You're even more gorgeous than I remember." I murmured quietly.

"Elias, I..." His eyes closed as I watch him nervously chew at his lip.

"I've missed you so much..." I said. "I h-hope i'm not the only one with these feelings."

"You're not..."

"I sense a but coming." I said nervously.

"It's just... I,"

"Babe, I've been looking for you everywhere. Arlen said I could find you here." Some random fucking guy said.

"Oh...I, fuck. I'm sorry, I'm going to, uh, yeah..." I spoke quickly, removing my hand from his face and reaching around him to snatch up the two suits off the railing.

My heart clenches at the sadness that filled Zayn's beautiful features, but it's clear he doesn't feel the same way... He's moved on... He... He's with someone else.

I stormed inside the cabin slamming and locking the door behind me. The guys all gave me a few weird looks, but I barely paid it any mind as I run up the stairs.

"Woah, Woah, what's wrong with you?" Luke said worriedly.

"I..." I couldn't get any words out. My throat feels constricted and my eyes feel wattery. Wait, am I crying? The last time I cried was over ten years ago when my parents passed away.

"Oh my god, Eli! Please tell me what's going on, you're freaking me out!"

"Z-Zayn... It's - it's him, Luke."

"You're gonna have to be more specific, dude, who is he? You know him?" Luke said questioningly.

"The guy I slept with all those months ago."

"Why are you so upset tho- Ohh, he's seeing that James guy..." a look of realization crosses his confused face.

"After all this time I've lost my chance. I've wasted all this time pining after him only to find out he's with someone else. How fucking pathetic can I be?"

"Eli, You're not pathetic. I'm sorry he's with someone else, it has been a while though, maybe he thought he wasn't going to find you either? I mean you can only hold on for so long... Right?" He said sadly.

"If he doesn't want to be with your fine ass, then you need to move on and find someone better than him. Someone who is going to love you and fight for you."

"Thanks, Luke. Let's stop talking about this, we've gotta get you dressed and ready to go." I gave a wattery eyed smile.

It's going to be a long fucking night trying to get through all this lovey shit. Now I have to sit and watch Zayn and what's his name all night probably sucking each other's faces off.

I step into the bathroom by myself, shutting the door behind me. I walk to the sink and splash my face with some cold water. I stare at my reflection in the mirror and damn, I look like a fucking mess.

I wipe my tear stricken face with the small towel and begin changing into my suit. It's a dark charcoal grey, with a black dress shirt and black tie. I straighten my tie, take a deep breath and step out of the bathroom.

"Shit, Eli! That suit looks amazing on you!" Luke said excitedly. "You won't have a problem getting a guy wearing that."

"Yeah, yeah. Look at you though! That suit looks amazing on you. Arlen's going to love it." I said with a smile.

Lukes suit is an off cream colour, with a white dress shirt, a burgundy tie and pocket square, topping it off with burgundy dress pants that match the tie. He looks great, as much as I don't want to admit it right now, Zayn did a really nice job on the suits.

"Well, my friend. Are you ready to walk down the aisle?" I said as we walk down the path to where the ceremony is being held.

"I'm so ready. I can't wait to marry the love of my life."

"Great, because we're here. " I said.

Lukes father greets us with a smile. I make my way to the front of the aisle and begin my walk down. They wanted the best men to walk down seperately and the groomsman to walk down in pairs together. My eyes stay down the first half of the walk. I hate having so many eyes on me. I like attention, don't get me wrong, but this is a lot.

Arlen is also in a beautiful suit. A dark burgundy that accents Luke's perfectly. A black dress shirt and tie. They're going to look amazing beside eachother.

Halfway through my walk, my eyes move upwards only to have Zayn's beautiful eyes connect with mine. I hold his piercing gaze for a few seconds as I reach the front, but quickly avert my eyes from his to the ground in front of me.

I can't. I just can't. I barely know the fucking guy and I feel like my heart's shattered into a million tiny pieces.

Somehow during these last few months, I think I've completely fallen in love with a stranger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 53.4K 92
This story is complete ✅ 'I look at the back of the boy, sitting in front of me and his shining tousled hair. Before I can even realize what I'm doin...
988K 23.2K 59
The story of a boy, a man, and a lie. Leo is an 18 year old high school senior who is up to his neck in stress from work and school. He simply can't...
653K 14.4K 25
I'm obsessed with my best friend's dad. One day I looked a bit longer into his eyes and he just knew he could do anything to me and I would love it. ...
458K 22.5K 104
It was supposed to be an easy job. Get the phone and run like hell. Make a few hundred bucks for food, a nice hot shower, and a warm bed to sleep in...