BHO CAMP #10: The Wild Card

By MsButterfly

I always feel like I'm floating through life. There was nothing to hold me in one place, there's nothing that... More

BHO CAMP #10: The Wild Card
Synopsis
Prologue
Chapter 1: Risk
Chapter 2: Hollow
Chapter 3: Lies
Chapter 4: Nine
Chapter 5: Penguin
Chapter 6: Force
Chapter 7: Minutes
Chapter 8: Rainbow
Chapter 9: Visit
Chapter 10: Nineteen
Chapter 11: Four
Chapter 12: Fries
Chapter 13: Disturbance
Chapter 14: Control
Chapter 15: Devout
Chapter 16: Infinity
Chapter 17: Fix
Chapter 18: Doc
Chapter 19: Arch
Chapter 20: Yours
Chapter 21: Calm
Chapter 22: Waves
Chapter 23: Home
Chapter 24: Insecurity
Chapter 25: Anchor
Chapter 26: Official
Chapter 27: Pain
Chapter 28: Luck
Chapter 29: Dream
Chapter 30: Twice
Chapter 31: Craving
Chapter 32: Crazy
Chapter 33: Title
Chapter 34: Break
Chapter 35: Doom
Chapter 36: Ally
Chapter 37: Burn
Chapter 38: Give Up
Chapter 39: Happy
Chapter 40: Final Chapter
Chapter 42: Subscribe
Chapter 43: Yours and Yours
Chapter 44: Gift
Chapter 45: Unleashed
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 41: Negative

10.2K 518 176
By MsButterfly

BHOCAMP #BlaRis #BHOCAMP10TWC

CHAPTER 41: NEGATIVE

ERIS' POV

"Do you want me to get you a chair?"

"I'm blind, not crippled."

I heard a throaty laugh that I can admit to be a swoon worthy one. Wala nga lang akong balak aminin ng malakas dahil baka may sumama pa ang loob.

"You know, I have thousands of made men under me and you're the only one that talks to me like that." There was a pause before he speaks again, "At least the only one alive."

"So am I on your hit list now then?"

A scream tore through the air, but I didn't even flinch. It's not the first time I heard it, and it also won't be the first time that I won't care.

"I'll kill whomever who likes to try, bellisima."

Napataas ang kilay ko. "And why is that?"

"Because you remind me of my daughter."

I tried not to wince at what he said. Paano ko naman ipapaliwanag sa kaniya na napaniginipan ko siya last week at sa panaginip ko ay tatay siya ng supposed to be ay mga anak ko? Or at least it was implied. By the end of the dream, it was clear why "my" child told me that Ezio is not their daddy. Dahil ang future tatay nila ay nagpapaka-sleeping beauty.

It made sense why in it, though I can see Ezio and the children, their faces were not that clear to me. Hindi na ko magtataka kung nakuha ko ang mukha nila sa mga napanood ko at nakita bago ako mabulag. For example kay Ezio. I know what Italian men looks like so I managed to construct an image of him base on an idea even though until now, I don't know what he looks like since I can't see.

Silver and Lucilia were easier. I already imagined what they would look even before. Kaya rin pamilyar sa akin si Silver sa panaginip ko ay dahil para siyang batang bersyon ni Blaze.

Siguro dala na rin ng pinagsama-samang pagod, pag-aalala, at takot ay pinaghalo-halo ko na lahat ng impormasyon na meron ako nang mga nagdaan na linggo. Nadamay si Ezio dahil siya ang latest kong nakasalamuha. I also received information about him and his family during the report. Kaya nga alam ko ang pangalan ng anak niya. Hindi rin nakatulong na nakatulog akong pinakikinggan ang audio book ng The Cadence. Ang salimuot pa naman ng buhay pag-ibig nina Hera at Thunder.

"Thank you... I guess? Since you can visualize me to be that young. You're just what? Eight to nine years older than me?"

He chuckled, "You and her are both the same height as well. Tiny as a doll," he said in a voice that is laced with amusement. "You also have the same attitude. Very aggressive. Like il folletto."

"A what?"

"An elf."

My lips pressed into a thin line. "Thank you for emphasizing my height."

Muli siyang napatawa na ikinailing ko na lang. I didn't know that people on the mob could be like him. Parang ang dali niyang patawanin. Kapag na-iimagine ko nga parang lagi lang silang seryoso tapos bigla na lang mamamaril. Kung sabagay ang iba nga ay na-iimagine kaming mga agent na parang nasa Mission Impossible lagi. They make it sound like our job is exciting when most of the time it's all about waiting and mind games. Hindi naman laging may car chase, habulan, at kung ano-ano pa. Minsan pero hindi lagi.

"But it's more because of your voice. Even when you sound unimpressed almost all the time."

"My voice?" I asked.

"It sounded soft even when you were talking to that jerk that wanted to invite you into his villa. Sweet even. Maybe that's the reason he didn't notice that you were about to whack him with the stick you were holding. Idalia was like that too. Even when she's angry, her voice was sweet and light. It's like the sound—"

"Of bells."

A part of me regrets the words I just said. I don't want to tell him about my dream because I'm pretty sure he'll think that I'm crazy. And yet there's a part of me that wants to. The dream might be a figment of my imagination... but still...

"How did you know that?"

Kinagat ko ang ibabang labi ko. I mean, really? How can I explain it to him?

"Bellisima?"

Itinaas ko ang isa kong kamay at inilagay ko iyon sa harapan ko. I might be blind, but I know the feeling of being towered by a huge man. "Stop. I'm thinking."

"Why would you need to think about it?"

"Because it's hard to explain. I doubt you'll believe it."

"Try me."

I chewed on my lips as I attempt to find away to tell him about the dream without sounding like a complete nutjob. "I had a dream. I was stress okay? I'm not crazy, just tired. Don't judge me."

"I won't."

I sighed heavily, "Blaze died in my dream. In it it was like I was trying to move on from it. In a way I did, because I already have a family of my own. Or it was implied." Heavily implied. "Anyway, three children appeared in my dream. Silver and Lucilia are twins. My third child's name is Idalia."

I'm skipping a huge part of the story. Paano ko ipapaliwanag na sa umpisa ng panaginip ko ay parang siya ang ama ng mga batang iyon? The dream started to crumble when penguin and rainbows got mentioned, but I'm pretty sure that everything started with Ezio being the father of those three.

Maybe Blaze's spirit was trying to ruin the dream. Hanggang panaginip, seloso pa rin. He already claimed Silver and Lucilia. Though I'm sure it's just my subconscious trying to protect what's supposed to be his.

"I remember thinking that her laugh sounded like bells. At the end of my dream she was just a light and I think... she kind of guided me to wake up."

"What else?"

"Ezio it was just a dream—"

"Please."

There was desperation in his voice that I can completely understand. I may not know what it's like to lose someone, but these past few weeks showed me a glimpse of that. Paano pa kaya siya?

"I asked her if she'll come with me."

There are things in life that is not easy to explain. This is one of those. We believe science because it's proven. We need truth to trust. But faith is a different thing. It makes you want to believe that there's more to life that what we see.

Being close to death when I got buried, what happened to Blaze, and to anyone of us that almost lost our lives for our job... was that just all luck or it was more?

"She said that she can't but it's okay. She said she's happy." Ezio didn't speak. I couldn't even hear his breathing. "You're judging me, aren't you?"

"No."

His voice was too low than usual. Like he's forcing himself to speak.

He lived in a kind of life where death is normal. He's used to taking it. People might call him heartless for the things he had done. People like him needed to steel themselves to survive. If they have a heart they'll pull it out and lock it away.

People like him could be heartless, yes. Because they don't have their heart with them. Not that it doesn't exist. It's safely hidden to that one person they are willing to give it to. His was clearly given to his daughter.

"Are you going to cry?" I ask him.

He laugh softly, "No."

"Why not? Don't worry I won't tell anyone." Nang tumawa lang siya ay ipinaikot ko ang mga mata ko. "Fine. I don't know what with you men. We're in different times now. Men are not weak just because they have emotions."

"In my world, it is."

"That sucks. Maybe you should move into a different world."

"Are you recruiting me? When I step down a lot of my enemies would try to kill me. I wouldn't mind the hassle if I'll get to see you a lot. You're a joy."

"Are you flirting with me?"

A scream vibrated around us again. This time it was louder. Kahit marinig mo lang ata ay parang masasaktan ka na rin sa klase ng sigaw na iyon.

"The way your man is looking at me right now and the way Giovanni looks like he wants to die more than the other times he begged me to, I guess the answer is no."

We're back at the place where Giovanni buried a lot of women including me. He's being tortured in the same place he hurt those people. Lugar kung saan din niya pinahirapan si Blaze.

Humigpit ang pagkakahawak ko sa walking stick ko. I'm trying my best not to let my anger take over me. I don't enjoy torture. Between what Giovanni is suffering from and the death I'm willing to give, it would be like mercy. If it's just me, I'll just blow him up.

I never understood fully what my sister and Blaze needed to do for Ender until now.

We were trained to protect people. May mga pagkakataon na hindi naiiwasang magkaroon ng casualties. We might be trained to know the best way to hit a target, what part of the human body would be fatal... but we are not trained for the purpose of killing only.

But they did it because it was needed. Giovanni is a proof of that. He got away and instead of hiding and living his life, he killed more people. Not many would agree by the ways of Ender. Not many can stomach it. But we accept it or not... there are people sleeping out there peacefully because of it.

"I wonder why Idalia was in your dream."

"I heard her name in the report," I told him.

"Was I in it?"

My mouth went tight and I didn't speak. I wished that my eyes, now that I'm blind, would not betray me. Sana wala siyang nakikita sa mukha ko kundi blangko lang—

"You should train your facial expression more. I doubt anyone need a lie detector to know that you're not telling the truth."

"I'm not lying!"

"There's something called lying by omission," he told me. "So? Was I in it?"

Sa pangalawang pagkakataon ay hindi ako nagsalita.

"I was didn't I?"

"I plead the fifth."

"You not wanting me to know means you're embarrass about it."

"I plead—"

"I was the father of those three in your dream," he said more of as a statement than a question. "No wonder you didn't want me to think of you as my daughter."

"I didn't want you to think of me that way because you're too young to be my father. You had Idalia when you're what?"

"Twenty."

"Then if I'm your daughter, you need to know how to play peekaboo with your thing, at the age of eight unless I'm a mythical creature that can grow in a snap."

Malakas na tawa ang pinakawalan niya. Kung umakto siya aakalain mo na nasa coffee shop lang kami at nagkukuwentuhan.

"So that's why."

Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay. "What did you thought I would say?"

"That you can't think of me as daddy with you being my daughter because you're thinking of calling me daddy in a far different way."

Napanganga ako. No one needs to be a genius to understand what he's saying. This is why Italians are notorious for being natural charmers.

"I'm done here."

The new voice didn't sound a bit amuse. Kung hindi ko lang kilala ang taong nagsalita ay baka kinabahan na ako. It sounded cold... and there was a hint of warning in it. It would have triggered my instinct to protect myself if it didn't come from Blaze.

"Already?" Ezio asked.

"I rather spend the day with my woman than with that thrash."

I didn't miss the emphasis he made when he said "my woman". Sigurado ako na narinig din iyon ni Ezio.

"How long does he have?" I asked.

"I don't know, bellisima. If you want to take my offer then I would call the doctors I sent to help your man. They are still here. We could start with the treatment."

"Don't you want to torture him more?"

"Do you want me to do that?"

Inangat ko ang kamay ko sa direksyon na alam kong hinintuan ni Blaze. I didn't need to wait because he immediately went to me. He didn't pull me close like I wanted though. "Why are you just holding my hand?" Is he that jealous?

"I have blood on my shirt, fairy."

Oh.

"And you were cheating on me just now—" Napasinghap ako. Bago ko mapag-isipan ang kilos ko ay kusa ng umangat ang kamay ko at ipinalo ko iyon sa kaniya. I heard him grunt. "Baby, I'm injured, remember?"

"You're strong enough to torture someone. Don't give me that crap." Sinubukan kong hatawin siya ulit pero sinalo niya lang ang kamay ko para pigilan ako. "I wasn't cheating!"

"He hugged you."

"He did not!"

What is he even talking about? Hindi naman ako niyakap ni Ezio. I'm pretty sure the man is not standing that close to me.

"You moved on easily. Because of him."

"Hoy Blaze Reynolds! Kahit bulag ako kaya kitang saktan kung saan ka magsisisi ng sobra. Sisiguraduhin ko na hindi ako magkakamali ng sisipain. I'm not a cheater. How can you say that to me? Do you know how long I stayed beside you? Do you think I can find the time to cheat on you? Salamat sa tiwala sa kagandahan ko pero hindi ako ganoong katindi!"

"Figlio, maybe you should talk calmly. She's even speaking two languages right now, but I'm sure they both sounded angry. She really didn't cheat—"

"Shut up!" Blaze and I both said loudly.

"I killed more men than both of your age combined," Ezio mumbled.

Parehas namin siyang hindi pinansin ni Blaze. "I could ignore the rest, fairy. Tapos makikita ko kayong nagbubulungan dito. Then I heard him talking about you calling him daddy. Hindi mo nga ako tinatawag ng gano'n."

"Bakit kita tatawaging daddy? Di ba sinabi ko tatawagin lang kita no'n kapag ama ka na? Ama ka na ba ngayon?"

"Paano ako magiging ama eh pati si Lucilia at Silver kinuha niya?!"

Wait... what?

I racked my brain to understand him more. Sinabi ko na ba sa kaniya ang tungkol sa panaginip ko? This is the first time that he'll meet Ezio after we got abducted by Giovanni. Knowing how jealous he is, I needed to be drunk, high, or disoriented before I tell him about— Oh shit.

"You're an asshole. Huwag mo kong kausapin. Hindi kita kilala!"

"What did I do? I just woke up."

"I'm going to strangle you!" Para bang dam na bumuhos ang mga luha ko. "Do you know how scared I was?!"

"Baby—"

"I hate you! Ginaya mo pa si Thunder! Ang dami mo namang pwedeng gayahin bakit siya pa! Pagbubuhulin ko kayong dalawa!"

My vision is starting to get darker. I know I'm losing it, so I take advantage of the chance I've been given. Inabot ko ang cellphone ko kung saan nakabukas pa rin ang audio book ng The Cadence at pagkatapos ay ibinato ko iyon sa kaniya.

Blaze caught it easily, "Baby, shouldn't you be happy? I'm alive."

"I know you're alive! But I still hate you! Do you know what you put me through by choosing to idolize Thunder? Sa lahat ng sakit ng ulo na pipiliin mo si Thunder pa! Ang dami mong kamag-anak bakit hindi na lang si Fiere ang ginawa mo?! Narinig ko pa ang mga doktor mo! I thought you were never going to wake up! I thought you were dying!" The dream felt fresh to me. I'm still disoriented from the sleep but I could remember it clearly. It was so vivid. "You died! You said that we're in a time crunch and you have some terminal lucidity—"

My heart dropped. I tried to fight and hold on to my vision but it was finally gone again. My crying got louder and my fear stronger.

"Is that it? Are you going to die? Was my dream a premonition? Are you going to die in a few hours?"

I felt a hand on my cheek trying to wipe my tears. "I hope not."

"No. I'm sure you're dying. Like right now, you're losing time. You're going to die, and I'm going to be alone. Then years later I will still be lonely even when I have an Italian mafia man by my side hugging me and we have three children. Lucilia and Silver won't be yours because I'll have them with him then we're going to have Idalia too. I hate you. I really really hate you Blaze Reynolds!"

I didn't know what happened after that because I fainted. When I woke up, I was sleeping beside Blaze dahil pinilit niya ang buong ospital na patulugin ako sa tabi niya. Those moments were a blur because I just shift from crying and sleeping again and again. Hera told me it's normal. She said she even thought Thunder was a ghost when she saw him alive.

"I was hysterical that time! Mukha bang may totoo sa sinabi ko? Namatay ka ba at nag-asawa ako ng iba—"

"Don't finish that thought. I'm already angry."

"Are you getting jealous because of a dream?"

"Oo!"

Itinikom ko ang mga labi ko. Kung sabagay nga pagkain nga pinagseselosan niya. Panaginip pa kaya kung saan may iba na ako?

"Are you always like this? Are you sure you want to be together? You sound like a couple that's about to break up."

"You're not helping," I said to Ezio.

"I'm just wondering." He cleared his throat. "Miss Wright is a joy to talk to, and she seems a wonderful woman. She stayed beside you and she cared for nothing but for you to wake up. With that being said, she might be an amazing person, but I like my woman to be a bit... less of a challenge. A kind of challenge that both of you seems to enjoy. There's a lot of people that wants to kill me, I don't need my woman attempting to end my life too. Because right now, she looks like she want to shoot you."

I nodded in agreement. "Give me a gun and I'll show you."

"You'll miss me," Blaze mumbled. I can still hear petulance dripping from his voice.

I can imagine one of God's angel writing me an email.

Dear Miss Wright,

Your request to let Blaze Reynolds stay on Earth was granted. We also like to inform you that we don't have plans to take him off your hands anytime soon. I hope you have a good life and that you are sure about this decision since we don't accept returns.

Have a good day.

"Right now, I don't." Humugot ako ng malalim na hininga. I don't want to sound ungrateful. Mamaya hindi nga kunin si Blaze pero ako naman ang kinuha. "Fine. I would. But still you're irritating me and I want to kick you right now so bad."

Patience is a virtue. Maybe I should apply for a meditation class. Kakailanganin ko iyon kung makakasama ko si Blaze buong-buhay ko. If not, I'm going to die in my forties.

"Kalmado ka na ba?" tanong ko. "If there's a residue of your anger because of that Giovanni, keep it aside for now because I have a question."

Naramdaman kong inabot niya ang kamay ko ulit. I spent weeks holding his hand without him responding. That's why it's not enough. For now at least that I haven't get over of what I went through. Hanggang hindi ko pa nakakalimutan kung paanong bawat minuto ay akala ko huli na. Hera's a strong woman.

"Pull me close," I said to him.

"I have blood—"

"As long as it's not your blood, I don't care."

Sandaling hindi siya kumilos, pero nang matiyak niya ang kaseryosohan ko ay naramdaman ko ang marahan niyang paghila sa akin. When I was finally plastered on his side, the tension on my body melted.

"What's the question?" he asked.

"Ezio said there might be a way to help me. We know the Paige's Eyes worked," I shuddered slightly at the reminder of the pain that I suffered from. Surprisingly it's easy to move on from it. I know the kind of lost that's more painful now. "But I asked my grandmother, and she talked with the team developing the drug and they said it won't hurt to try it. It might actually quicken my progress."

"Then do it."

"You haven't heard what is it yet."

"It it helps you, then go for it. If it it will hurt you, then no."

Sumingit sa usapan si Ezio. "It won't hurt her. But it will hurt a lot of people."

"People that she cares about?" Blaze asked.

"I doubt that," the Italian mob boss said. "I told her I would extract it from the people that I will kill anyway. Including Giovanni. He might be a match. She said she'll wait for you to wake up first."

"Why?" Blaze asked, and this time I know that the question is for me. "Baby, I'm sure he's not going to kill innocent people. I doubt it would be for fun—"

"Debatable. It would quite be an entertainment for me," Ezio said.

Blaze ignored him. "Don't be stupid. Take care of yourself first."

Umangat ang sulok ng labi ko at bumaling ako sa direksyon kung saan alam kong nakatayo si Ezio. Even without seeing him, I know that he can hear my silent "I told you so". I once told him that Blaze would say those exact words.

"Your decision?" Ezio asked.

"If it's my decision, I would just blow him to pieces. It's messy and it would be hard to clean up." Itinuro ko ang mukha ko. "I can fight, but there's no satisfaction on torturing him when I can't even see it."

"Too bad."

Nagkibit-balikat ako. "If you take his stem cells, that would be the form of torture I'm giving him. Do it very slowly. Maybe harvest some organs too. Some people might need it." Nang may maalala ako ay dinugtungan ko iyon, "While he's awake and without anesthesia. Start from those part of him that won't kill him easily while taking them out." I suddenly thought of a brilliant idea. "You know, you should do that when you go back home. Don't just kill those who pissed you off. Harvest their organs."

Ilang sandaling walang nagsalita. Since I can't see them, I don't know if they're looking at me like I'm crazy or what. Ang ganda kaya ng idea ko.

"You're pretty evil, yourself," Ezio said. I can hear a smile in his voice.

"I'm not. It will help a lot of innocent people. Maybe when the heaven calculate your evilness they will take that "good deed" into consideration." Yumakap ako sa bewang ni Blaze. "If I'm evil, I'll tell you to sell them with a high price and give me ten percent of the profit since it's my idea and I deserve a royalty."

"The fact that you thought about it says a lot."

"Shh." Nag-angat ako ng mukha kay Blaze. "I'm not bad right? I'm an angel."

"You're my baby, fairy, lucky charm, rainbow, and you're also the love of my life."

I couldn't contain the smile that spread on my lips. "Ahuh."

"But an angel? We promised not to lie to each other. I'm not going to start now."

I TIGHTENED my hug and I received no complaints. Isinubsob ko ang mukha ko sa leeg niya. It feels so comforting an he's also warm. At hindi katulad ng iba diya, hindi niya ako iniinis. He's just a cute, obedient, and lovable dog.

"Chance, ikaw lang ang kailangan ko sa buhay ko. You're the most handsome boy on the planet, you're also a good boy, you love me a lot, and you don't make me want to choke you to death."

"He looks like he'll want that soon if you won't stop cuddling him. He's giving me a Help-Me-I'm-Begging-You eyes."

I "harrumphed" and ignored one of the people with us here in my flat's living room. "You should have come with us earlier. Kaya lang ayokong ma-expose ka sa mga ganoong bagay. You're too young for that. Next time, I'll teach you how to mangle a person. We'll practice with the most annoying one we're acquainted with."

"Iyon na lang ba ako? Am I demoted to an acquaintance right now?"

"Oo. Next time, demoted ka bilang lunch ni Chance."

"Chance won't do that to me. He loves me too."

"Huwag mong turuan na magsinungaling ang anak ko," nakasimangot na sabi ko.

"He's also my son."

"Not anymore."

"Now, I don't have custody of my own son?" he asked.

"You are his deadbeat father. Of course you're not going to have custody. Ano ka? Suwerte?"

"It's really fascinating how can they argue about anything. They sound like an old married couple."

The last one didn't come from Blaze. It's from a woman that probably knows more than anyone how he could be as infuriating as he is. Imposibleng hindi niya alam iyon dahil isa siya sa dahilan kung bakit nabuo sa mundo si Blaze.

"I agree, Hurri," my own mother said.

My father grumbled in disagreement, "We don't argue like that. Maybe this is an indication that the thief— I mean Blaze, should give my daughter space."

"Just last night we argued for almost an hour kung ano ang English ng siyanse. You said slotted turner, I said spatula."

"It is a slotted turner."

"SpongeBob said it's a spatula."

"SpongeBob is a dish sponge and you'll believe him?"

My mother gasped loudly. "FYI, Aries, he's an Aplysina fistularis. He's a sea sponge! He's a living thing!"

Inangat ko ang kamay ko. Katulad kanina ay walang pag-aalinlangan na naramdaman ko ang pagkilos ni Blaze para lumapit sa akin. He took my hand, and not making the same mistake, this time he pulled me close.

"Blaze?"

"Yes?"

"We do sound like an old married couple." I couldn't help but smile when I heard his laugh.

I felt something touch my cheek. Just a soft touch of his finger. "Bati na ba tayo?"

"Maybe."

Nag-uusap pa rin ang mga magulang namin pero parang naging kami na lang ang tao ni Blaze sa mundo nang lumapit pa siya sa akin at bumulong sa tapat ng tenga ko. "Maybe later you'll forgive me when I become extra good to you."

I was sure that my face instantly turned pink. Kung hindi nga lang mapapansin ng mga magulang namin ay baka pinaypayan ko na ang mukha ko.

"You can't say things like that," I whispered to him.

"Why not?"

"Just because!"

He chuckled, "Bakit nga?"

"Kalalabas mo lang ng ospital. May I remind you na isang linggo pa lang ang nakararaan ay wala ka pang malay tao?"

"I was strong enough to torture someone just like you said. I think I'll be fine."

"We can't." Humalukipkip ako. "I can't see."

A tremor run through my spine when I felt his hot breath fan the side of my face. "Then we won't need a blindfold."

"F-For?"

"When I show you how good it would be to have your other senses heightened while you're under my mercy."

Napalunok ako. I don't need to see to visualize what he's talking about. It's been too long since he touched me. We haven't even kissed. We did... but not the kind that I wanted.

He was busy. It's not like we can kiss and make out while he's being tested for almost about everything. I'm sure it's frown upon to do that with a patient. And he just got out from a comatose. Hindi naman ako ganoong kahayok.

"Oh I remember something I was supposed to tell you two."

Bahagya kaming naglagay ng distansiya ni Blaze sa isa't isa nang magsalita ang ina ko. "Yes, Ma?"

"When I lost my sight before, the first time I had an inclination that it's returning and the medicine worked was when I was making love with your father—"

"Oh my god, Ma!" I cried out at the same time my father exclaimed, "For heaven's sake, Paige!"

"What?" I can hear the pout in my mother's tone. "There's nothing wrong with what I said. Di ba, Hurricane?"

"Yes. What was wrong with that?"

Blaze father speak for the first time, "We're in front of our children."

"Malalaki na ang mga iyan. I doubt kung wala pang ginagawang kababalaghan—"

"Hurricane."

Muling nangibabaw ang boses ng ina ko. "You're being prudes. We probably done worse."

"I bet," Tita Hurricane agreed quickly. "These children are tame. Kung alam lang nila kung ano-ano ang pinagagawa natin noon. Don't look at me like that, Reese. Kasama kita sa pagawa ng mga 'yon."

"Oo nga! Saka bakit ba nahihiya kayong pag-usapan? Sex is as natural as breathing. Our body is made for sex."

I groaned. "Ma, please. That's the last thing I wanted to hear coming from you."

"You won't be here if your father and I didn't made love."

"I know how conception work I just don't need to hear how my parents did it." Like literally.

"Well you need to because I really think it helped me get my sight back faster."

Kinagat ko ang ibabang labi ko. Gusto ko na lang sumigaw. Tama nga si Papa. No wonder kayang-kaya niya kami ng kapatid ko. He live with my mother for many years. Subok na subok na ang pasensya niya kay Mama pa lang.

"That's not scientifically proven, Ma."

"If sex can create the miracle of life, malay mo may iba pang klaseng milagro na dala 'yon. I'm just saying... have sex more."

"Paige Lawrence Wright!"

Kung iba lang ang pinag-uusapan namin baka natawa ako kay Papa. Sanay na kami ng kapatid ko na tawagin niya kami sa buong pangalan pero bihira na marinig namin na si Mama ang tinatawag niya sa paraan na parang may pinapagalitan siya.

"Are you... are you shouting at me, Aries?"

"Paige," my father said her name again, more calmly this time. "You're not supposed to encourage our daughter to have sex. She's not even married yet."

"Was I imagining it, or was it you that I was with while I was having sex without a ring on my finger?"

"Iba iyon."

"Anong pinagkaiba?"

"Eris is our daughter."

"I am well aware. She came out of me."

Blaze chest vibrated with laughter as he pull me close. I was torn between laughing and crying so I just settled for being exasperated.

"They practically live together. Mula pa noong surgery ni Eris. They even went to Canada together. If it was us having that kind of time do you think we can keep our hands from each other? Busy nga tayo no'n nakakahanap pa tayo ng oras. I can remember you buried with work and you still manage to sprawl me on top of your desk—"

"Ma!" She's going to scar me for life. "Thank you for being a cool mother that you're not faze by your daughter having sex—" I quickly continued my words when I heard my father's intake of breath. "But I'm not having any. It's hard to believe, I know, pero wala po talaga kaming ginagawa ni Blaze." Well... not like what they're thinking.

"Weh? Di nga?" Hindi sa ina ko nanggaling iyon kundi sa nanay ni Blaze. "My son is perfect because he came from me." Nang tumikhim ang asawa niya ay dinugtungan niya ang sinabi niya. "And my handsome husband, of course."

They were right. We really are tame. We also have more self control than them.

Siguro dahil mas fast-pace ang buhay nila noon. They were jumping from mission after mission, and from the stories I heard, their lives were not in danger just because of their job, but because they were instances that they are really being targeted.

Every second is important to them before. Kaya siguro hindi uso sa kanila ang magsayang ng oras noon. Waiting is kind of a novelty for them.

"Nothing happened." Humugot ako ng malalim na hininga. "Everyone, please believe me when I say I tried. I'm being really honest here. I tried, but Blaze won't break."

The man that is still holding me laughed again. Patagong kinurot ko siya sa hita pero hindi niya iyon ininda.

"We don't need to have sex to test out your theory, Ma," I said to my mother. "We know the cure is working and we're also getting help from Ezio Cascella. Everything will be fine. I don't care how long it takes. Ang mahalaga alam kong makakakita ako. It doesn't matter if I'm being honest. Even without my eye sight, I'm already happy."

This time, Blaze became quiet, and I felt his arms around me tightened. He knows why. I would have trade the possibility of seeing if it's what the heaven would ask me to give so that he can wake up.

"I wonder how they became so mature in such a young age," I heard Blaze's mother mumbled.

"I was wondering about that too because none of you women ever did."

"Reese!"

"Excuse me?" my mother gasped loudly.

"Sorry. I'll clarify. None of my wife's side of the family did, except for Rain and probably Warren, and none of the Lawrences except for Craige."

"I agree with that," sabi ng ama ko. "I think I like your son a bit better now."

Nagtaas ako ng kamay para makisingit sa kanila. "Ibig bang sabihin, Pa, mas gusto mo si Blaze kesa kay Kuya Stone."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because Stone is married to your sister now. I'll think about who I like more when you two are married as well."

Pinaikot ko ang mga mata ko at sumandal ako kay Blaze. "We'll be sixty and he won't tell us. Ilang taon na naming tinatanong na magkapatid kung sino ang favorite niya sa amin pero hanggang ngayon wala pa rin kaming nakukuhang sagot."

Muling nagsalita ang ama ko, "Have children and you'll understand why."

Hindi na ako ulit nakaimik dahil sa utak ko ay lumabas ang imahe ng dalawang batang laman ng panaginip ko. If I remember right.... in my dream, Lucilia and Silver were twins.

I suddenly have the urge to bite Blaze kahit wala naman siyang ginagawang masama. Wala pa. Pero ano pa bang inaasahan ko?

That's the problem with us. We don't break. We just multiply.

"Why do I feel like you're angry at me for some reason?"

"Hindi ako galit."

"Right," Blaze said, clearly not believing me.

"Huwag mong masyadong hanapin ang galit ko sa'yo. Natural na lumalabas iyon basta kasama kita. You bring out the worst in me."

Mahina siyang tumawa at naramdaman kong dumampi ang mga labi niya sa sentido ko. "That's why I love you. You bring out the worst in me too."

We're far from normal. Other couples would say that they bring out the best on each other. Not us. But I would choose us in a heartbeat. Dahil tama naman si Blaze sa sinabi niya dati. Life would be boring if we don't have each other. At ito na rin ang kontribusyon namin sa mundo. Hindi na kami nanggugulo ng ibang buhay dahil ang isa't isa na lang ang bubulabugin namin habang-buhay.

"Aww look at them. They look so adorable," Tita Hurricane said. "They compliment each other. I often wondered when he was young if anyone can handle his temperament. Katumbas kasi ng ugali niya ang pangalan niya kahit tatahimik-tahimik siya. Matanda o bata napapaiyak niya."

"Ganiyan din ako kay Eris. Do you know what her name means? She's named after the Goddess of Strife, Discord, and Rivalry which was said to turn simple arguments to a war. She grew up quiet and absorb in her own world pero kapag ginulo mo siya, wala na. She can argue about anything and she's also opinionated."

My father sounded like he was about to have a conniption. "Bakit parang ang saya niyo pang dalawa? Hindi ba kayo nag-aalala?"

"All the things that you said were negative," Tito Reese said with a sigh. "They're going to kill each other."

Napangisi lang ako at iniyakap ko ang mga braso ko sa bewang ni Blaze na hinapit ako para mas lalong mapalapit sa kaniya. I didn't care that our parents could see us being sweet. If there's one thing I've learned these past few weeks is that I should treasure every moment. That I should see how important each passing second is.

I closed my eyes, but when I spoke, I addressed the whole room, "Don't worry, everyone. We will live for a very long time. If I kill him, I'll bring him back to life so I can kill him again."

Blaze chuckled, "Negative times negative equals positive, and I'm positive that I'm not going anywhere."

"Dapat lang. You're stuck with me for life."

"Hoy, Aries, saan ka pupunta?" tawag ni Mama kasabay ng tunog ng pagbukas ng pintuan. "Iiyak ka ba? Halika dito hug na lang din kita."

_______________________End of Chapter 41.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3M 120K 110
Nemesis Louie Montero is a class S assassin who was given a mission to marry the mafia boss of a certain organization that would help them rise from...
5.4M 164K 58
Kelvin Nikola Aragonza's story.
46.5K 1.3K 49
We all have Dark Secrets, We all have Bad sides, We all did mistakes. In the Dimension where magic and powers Exist, Everything is posible. Could yo...
1.9M 55.3K 34
It was so tiring to hope for the constant moon only to get a dying and burning satellite in the end. I wanted the typical heart fluttering love story...