Devotionals

By She_Flourishes

These Christian devotionals cover many topics to get you thinking and to further your walk with God, and hope... More

Just Like Judas
The Tongue
Tackling Suicidal Thoughts
Bring it All to the Table
Right In My Eyes
"Did God Forget About Me?"
There's A Time For Everything
Cast it Away
Priority
Your Love For God
Look Forward To Eternity In Christ
True Repentance
It Just Had To Be God
Lambs Among Wolves
If You Have Fallen Into Sin
Stand Still
In Awe
Faith is More Than a Feeling
Feeling Worthless
On Judgment
Your Personal Lion's Den
Let Christ In
Words Can Hurt, and That's Ok
Acknowledgment
Thoughts
Hope in Suffering
The Valley of Dry Bones
Psalm 5
Destruction from the Lack of Instruction
David's Reverence
We Do Not Wrestle Against Flesh And Blood
Hold Every Thought Captive
Intercede For Others
Shut Any Open Doors That's Not Of GOD
Fear Says "What If" And Faith Says "Even If"
What Does It Mean To be Led By The Spirit?
Against The Word.
God Heals
Do Not Be ANXIOUS
God Fights for Us
Reject The Spirit Of Fear
What God Does Not Despise
Pray At Night
We Are Not Called To Hide
What The Enemy Plants As Seeds
The Purpose Of The Wilderness
Come Out
The Lord's Prayer series
Worship (Part 1)
Your Will (part 2)
Our Daily Bread (Part 3)
Forgiveness (Part 4)
Lead Us Not Into Temptation And Deliver Us
The Power Of The Name Of Jesus
The Power Of The Blood Of Jesus
The Power Of The Word Of God
The Power Of The Holy Spirit
Psalm 124
Search Me Lord
He Will Guide You
The Promises Of God And Our Response
Intimacy With The Holy Spirit (Disipline)
Response To Spiritual Warfare
Your Love For Others
Lord Take The Throne
The Power Of Rejecting
Intimacy Produces Fruit
Open Doors To
3 Keys For Overcoming Temptation
God's Word In Your Heart
Weary Of Waiting
In Our Relationship With God
Why Does God Want Us To Pray Consistently
It's God Or Nothing'
Exodus 1:11-13
Psalm 119:67-68 and 71
Work For GOD's Glory

Helping The Heart With Prayer

64 12 0
By She_Flourishes

Helping The Heart With Prayer

Jesus taught us how to help our heart issue

We can all struggle with envy, selfishness, bitterness, unforgiveness, hatred, anger, lust, and comparison. All these increase in our day-to-day lives but let me tell you that Jesus showed us the way against having these sins corrupting our hearts.

Luke 6:27-28
NKJV

Love Your Enemies
2

7 "But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you.

Something I learned is when I pray for others' good, bless those I can fill envy of, pray for the success of those who betrayed me, pray for the salvation and forgiveness of those who hurt me badly, and continue to declare a blessing upon those I can compare myself too, my heart though it was being crippled by these now become more and more like Jesus.

Praying and blessing others, especially those we might hold something against brings healing. It heals the heart of its selfishness. You can't truly pray for someone's blessing and favor and still hate them, slowly that hate will go away and become compassion. That comparison becomes rejoicing and celebrating others. That anger becomes patience. When someone makes you angry and you pray that God helps them in their lives, changes them and God uses them, your heart begins to change. You start caring more about others and their well-being than your own.

We become like Jesus.

We see in Matthew 16:21-23 how Jesus prayed for Peter that Peter would not fall. Jesus interceded to see the attacks of the enemy against Peter's life. When Jesus rebuked Peter because Peter spoke in ignorance, Jesus didn't keep the offense upon Peter but He looked directly at the source which is Satan. He saw how the enemy was moving and rebuked the enemy.

Similarly, when others hurt us. Don't be so quick to call them evil, people can certainly be evil but what was the source?

We are fallen human beings. We all have a carnal nature, we all have spiritual attacks and are weak. When someone betrays you note that it was not like this in the beginning but because of sin, we have criminals, liars, attacks, and slanders but God never intended us to be sinful. He made us for His glory.

When we pray for others, we recognise their brokenness. This doesn't mean you should ignore what they did. They did hurt you but learn to not let them have so much power over you.

Jesus prayed another prayer and it was to those who persecuted Him. He said:

Luke 23:34
NKJV
34 Then Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do."

And they divided His garments and cast lots.

The Bible teaches that Jesus still intercedes for us today (Romans 8:34). As broken people, we Christians which long to be like our king yet have our flesh and the temptations of this world wars with our spirit constantly.

Now our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ prays for us. He intercedes for us and we can rest assured that in His hands He cares for us.

-etty

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 1.4K 200
This book is a devotional/prayer book to direct your thoughts heavenward. Is your mind a myriad of worries? Do you sometimes have trouble going to sl...
634 19 29
This is a 29-day devotional for Christian teenage girls. It goes through the book of Ephesians in the Bible step by step, and it has been taken from...
30.4K 895 200
God's Word is a secret for a better life. We need to meditate on it day and night. And for sure ourlives will become more useful and meaningful in ou...
211 8 8
If you have paid for a copy of this e-book, please demand for your money back because this is free. Please feel free to give out a copy of this e-boo...