Second Chances: Supergirl - R...

By Lauriver1fanboy

My name is Kara Zor-El. I'm from Krypton and also another reality. After helping rebooting the multiverse, I... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Series Rewritten

Chapter 18

290 10 0
By Lauriver1fanboy

Alex had gone numb after hearing the words leave Astra's mouth. Kara was gone. Non had sent her back to her own personal hell, since Alex knew better than anyone that the Phantom Zone was Kara's purgatory, the place that she was truly scared of. Which was why J'onn had ordered Dreamer and Brainy back to the DEO before telling Astra she was clear to bring the asshole back to the DEO for questioning, though Alex knew that it was more than likely going to be torture and she didn't mind, in fact, she was hoping that she'd get to be the one to inflict that pain on him. However, her thoughts briefly turned from the tortures she'd inflict on Non to how the hell she was going to tell Esme that her mom wasn't coming home right now. She didn't even want to think about the look on her niece's face. Or the look on Lena's face, since she knew how much this would hurt the woman Alex was slowly accepting as the love of Kara's life.

"Alex, can you control yourself until Non is in holding?" J'onn asked.

"You don't need to read my mind to know the answer to that question J'onn." Alex said, anger clear in her voice.

"I take it we were called in to hold Alex back." Dreamer asked as she and Brainy entered the DEO.

"Yeah, I can't have her roughing Non up until I can condone it as interrogation." J'onn said, since he already had a cell specifically picked out for Non.

Speaking of the bastard, Astra landed on the ground near them and tossed Non's unconscious body to the ground.

"I'm going to kill you." Alex snarled, right as Dreamer and Brainy barely managed to restrain her in time for J'onn to signal to his other agents to take him to the cell they'd prepared.

"Astra, as much as I wish I could let you be a part of Non's interrogation." J'onn said to Kara's aunt.

"I understand. I'm assuming that his cell has been equipped with everything known to harm kryptonians on Earth?" Astra asked and J'onn nodded.

"Understandable. Besides, I have other things to attend to. Such as getting Fort Rozz in shape for interdimensional travel, since it's the most logical way to search the phantom zone for Kara." Astra said and J'onn nodded in agreement.

"Brainy, maybe you should help her with that. Also see if there's any tech on board your ship that could help." J'onn said, since with Kara gone, J'onn had taken command of the Superfriends.

"I'll call Lena too. She needs to know about this and she'd never forgive us if we didn't tell her." Brainy said and Alex looked at him gratefully, if only because she was going to have a hard enough time telling Esme about this, she didn't think she could face Lena.

"What's the big deal about this Lena woman? I know she and Kara are friends?" Astra asked as the Superfriends all exchanged looks.

"Astra, Lena is more than just Kara's friend. She's the love of your niece's life and you just got Kara back, do you really want to isolate her like that by not approving?" Alex asked her, but Astra just chuckled.

"Honestly, I wish that Krypton had been a bit more understanding about that sort of thing. As long as Kara is happy, I don't care who it's with. However, if this Lena hurts her, I will kill her." Astra said.

"Get in line." Alex said, grateful for something to distract her from the hell her sister was in.

"Wait, what?" Lena asked when Brainy told her what happened over the phone as she rode in her private jet back home from Ireland.

"Non sent Kara into the Phantom Zone. Alex and J'onn are dealing with the interrogation of Non." Brainy said.

"Tell Alex to make sure there isn't a single part of Non that isn't hurt. I think I'll tap into my dark Luthor side to help with that." Lena said.

"Appreciated, but right now, J'onn wants you to help Astra and I get Fort Rozz ready to enter the Phantom Zone to find her." Brainy said.

"Fine, but I do want to talk to Alex about Esme, since I think it would be better if she stayed with me instead of her." Lena said.

"That's something I'll let you work out with her." Brainy said.

"Brainy, keep me updated on anything." Lena said.

"I will. See you soon." Brainy said.

"Not soon enough." Lena said as she hung up, trying to keep the tears about what Kara must be going through right now from falling, since she knew once they started, they'd likely never stop.

When Kara started to come to, the first thing that came to her attention was the chill she was feeling as her vision cleared up and she immediately wanted to go back to sleep, since she recognized where she was and it was her worst nightmare come to life. Non had sent her back to the Phantom Zone and this time, she wasn't safe inside a pod, now she was out in the zone, exposed to all its horrors. Especially the creatures that gave the zone its name. The Phantoms.

"No, no, leave me alone." Kara screamed as she wished she had her powers as she tried to back away from the phantoms, but she knew that they were being attracted to her fear. But she couldn't help it.

However, just as she was about to be swarmed by the phantoms, Kara felt someone grab her shoulder and pull her into a nearby cave.

"Who did that?" Kara asked, trying to calm her heart rate down so that it didn't pound right out of her chest.

"I did." said a voice that Kara never thought she'd hear again as she turned to see her father Zor-El, who she'd thought had died in both this reality and the old one, standing in front of her.

"Dad?" Kara asked.

"Who are you and how do you bear the glyph of my house?" Zor-El asked her.

"Dad, it's me, it's Kara. Your daughter." Kara said, not believing her eyes.

"No, it can't be. My daughter is dead." Zor-El said sadly, only to have Kara place her hand on his shoulder.

"No father, it's really me. I survived. I thought you were dead too. You and mom." Kara said, wondering why the hell her father was here.

"Kara, can that really be you?" Zor-El asked, as for the first time in he wasn't sure how long, he allowed himself to feel hope.

"Yes, it's me. I never thought I'd see you again." Kara said as she threw her arms around her father in joy and though Zor-El was still skeptical for a moment, the second he realized she was real, he hugged her just as tightly as they both cried tears of joy at being reunited.

"How, how are you alive? I thought you died with the rest of Krypton?" Kara asked.

"Actually, I was able to ensure that a small portion of Krypton survived." Zor-El said.

"What do you mean?" Kara asked, even though she already knew.

"Before Krypton exploded, I created a shield to protect Argo City from the blast. The only reason your mother and I sent you away is because we weren't sure if it would work. But from what I saw it did. I had to stay behind on Krypton to activate the shield and once I did, I sent myself here in a last ditch attempt to save myself." Zor-El said.

"Wait, you're saying mom might still be alive too?" Kara asked, her joy completely genuine.

"Yes, but Kara, you can't really believe that we'll ever escape this place." Zor-El said.

"Astra did and so did Non. He's actually the one who sent me here. Payback against mom for sending him to Fort Rozz." Kara said as she explained everything to her father, actually feeling joy, something she never thought she'd feel while in the Phantom Zone, at being able to talk to him again.

"You were trapped here once before as a child." Zor-El said and Kara nodded.

"But I escaped once and I have no doubt that my family back on Earth will be looking for a way to save me now. And when they do, I'm taking you with me. We're going home. Especially since you're a grandfather." Kara said and she could tell that now she had her father's full attention.

"I have a grandchild?" Zor-El asked.

"Well, an adopted grandchild. Her name is Esme and she's actually a Dyralian. She's about 4 years old, nearly 5 and there are very few things I've wanted more than to be able to introduce her to you and mom." Kara said.

"And you will. I cannot wait to meet my granddaughter, along with the rest of the family you've found on Earth." Zor-El said with a smile, which Kara shared before she thought of something.

"Dad, in your time here, did you ever come across any green martians?" Kara asked.

"Why?" Zor-El asked, because my friend, well, more like a father figure to me, J'onn J'onzz, his brother was wrongfully sent here, it's a long story, but I want to find him and bring him back with us so he and J'onn can make peace." Kara said and Zor-El smiled.

"I haven't left this cave long enough to interact with anyone else. My priority has been surviving." Zor-El said apologetically.

"Don't worry about it, I understand. We'll find a way to find him eventually, even if it means making a return trip here after we're rescued." Kara said and Zor-El nodded as he implored her to tell him more about her life on Earth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 376 17
Kara Zor El, now known as Kara Kent has been working as Superman's sidekick for months. When she and other sidekicks band together, they get permissi...
4.6K 192 27
My name is Clark Kent, but that is not the only name I'm known by. My true name is Kal-El. I'm from Krypton. I've spent years devoting my life to pro...
14K 285 18
People are more familiar with my Earth 38 doppelganger. She is a lot more interesting and she isn't rebellious like me. I look up to her as a sort of...
Home By Shit

Fanfiction

5K 176 9
Lena Luthor gets in trouble and injured. She is saved by Supergirl, who looks out for her while she is resting, trying to figure out how to defeat th...