A bet on Love

By debb_iexx

Naruto is the son of the way too loveable Minato Namikaze and his beautiful hotheaded wife Kushina Uzumaki wh... More

1 | "...why her?!..."
2 | "...why Him?!..."
4 | Family dinner
5 | Obedient daughter
6 | Concealer
7 | Lets make a deal
8 | Plan A
9 | "...do you hate me?..."
10 | Execution of Plan A
11 | It's OK
12 | New Maid
13 | Day Out
14 | "...ghosts aren't scary..."
15 | Plan B
16 | Tenten
17 | Targeted
18 | Ice skating
19 | Content
20 | Draw a Line
21 | From the bottom of my Heart
22 | Christmas Party
23 | Kyoto
24 | Trust
25 | "...since when was Itachi your therapist?..."
26 | "...more than myself..."
27 | Night Stroll
28 | Plan C?
29 | Happy

3 | Meeting my fiancée

180 14 6
By debb_iexx

Naruto balanced a pencil between his upper lip and his nose and at the same time, blowing air upwards, trying to lift his bangs. It didn't work. On the other hand, The masked silver haired man frowned in irritation. The pencil Naruto was balanced fell and rolled past the maths question he had been stuck on for the past 15 minutes. And then he met eyes with the masked man.

"Oh yeah Kakashi-sensei, I don't get this question." A vein popped by the corner of Kakashi's face. Of course he didn't get it. This was the 18th time of him explaining the same algebra equation to the oblivious blonde but that only seemed like water falling off a ducks back. Naruto sighed, "I mean, when in the world are they going to ask you," he paused and looked into his scribbled notes, "Find the value of y in the equation '2y x 5 = 3y x 5' what ever that means. What does value mean Kakashi-sensei?"

Seriously?! Kakashi was walking on a thin tight rope right now. One more and he might as well snap. Naruto leaned back on his chair and resumed his attempt in balancing the pencil. And then came a snapping sound. It was so sudden it made to blonde boy fall back on his chair and the back of his head came in contact with his bedroom floor quite violently, making him wince in pain.

After a while, he finally thrusted himself upwards back in his chair to come face to face with an angered masked man. He had either ends of a broke pending un both of his hands and murder was clear un his uncovered eye. Naruto gulped and rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

Without giving much thought, he quickly got onto his knees with both hands on the floor begging for mercy. "I'm so sorry Kakashi-sensei! I swear it would never happen again!" That's when he said yesterday, and two days ago, and last week, and last month, and last year. That was his New Year Resolution. Too bad he wasn't good at keeping promises.

Kakashi let out a little sigh. His boss's son had quite the unique personality that didn't seem to change anytime soon. He was like that as a child to begin with. Particularly always stupid to be precise. He always had a habit of pulling pranks, showing up late to important events - not like he was one to talk - but at the same time, he had a rare habit of making everyone around him smile by just being close to them.

Runs in the Uzumaki blood. He got all of that from his mother. Asides from the being stupid part. Kakashi stood up and walked towards the bin that lay by the side of the door and dropped the broken pencil in. The blonde boy looked up at his supposed mentor who stood by the door holding it open.

"You can take a break. I'll be back in an hour." And then he disappeared. Naruto smiled to himself. For some reason he had always looked up to Kakashi and come to see him as a mentor - sensei - and a second father, along with Iruka.

Kakashi always seemed to know what to do and how to make the right decisions and live a reasonable life despite all the things that had happened to him. His mum died of a sickness, his dad committed suicide and his best friend died in a car accident.

A normal person would have gone insane, closed him or herself off or committed some kind or harm or even suicide to himself. But him, and Obito. They both remained strong and set high goals for themselves and look where it brought them. He truly admired Kakashi.

He sighed and got to his feet, packing up his books and putting them to a side on his desk then picked up his phone to text his best friend. It was then he remembered the conversation with his father the previous night and facepalmed. He couldn't believe he actually agreed to that, then again, it wasn't like he fully hated Hinata Hyūga.

It was because of how successful and perfect she was that he couldn't stand her. She was like a female version of Sasuke, and Sasuke was annoying. Asides from the fact she was like Sasuke she was everything he wasn't. She had a happy family, asides from her dead mom, and everything she asked for, her dad gave her. He was always home to be with her and treated her and her sister like princess.

A notification from Instagram popped up on his phone and he opened it. Speak of the devil. As if God wanted to rub it in his face of how good her dad treated her, he saw a picture of her with her father, clearly happy, with a new bag she had gotten. He clicked his tongue. What a daddy's girl.

Suddenly, banging came on his door. He lazily dropped his arm to his side and walked up to the door to open it. As he opened it from his side, the person on the other side decided to open it at the same time, quickly, making the door his the blonde right in the face.

He hissed in pain, stumbling back. Who ever that was was gonna get his fist, no matter what!...And then a brunette tumbled in. He immediately hid his fist behind his back and rubbed the back of his neck with his free one, chuckling nervously. The one-eyed brunette finally found his balance with a smile and looked up at the nervously smiling blonde.

"Oh thank goodness you're here Naruto! Kushina would have had me for dinner. Anyways, you gotta get ready. Something formal and casual at the same time." Naruto raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Obito," he started, "I don't get it. What? Like a formal-ish casual-ish kinda stuff?" Obito nodded quickly, a smile on his face. Naruto blinked, and blinked again, "Would cargo pants and T shirt work?"

Obito looked at the blonde with a deadpan expression. Did he really ask that? "No, dumbass. You should wear a casual white shirt and an office trousers or whatever." Now that was worse.

"No!" The two exchanged a few rather hurtful and critical words to each other while also trying to figure out what Naruto would wear to wherever Obito did NOT mention. "I'm telling you! Joggers and T Shirt would go well together!"

"It will not!" Obito screeched. His face squeezed more when Naruto ignored him and pulled out his phone.

"I got 20 missed calls from dad and..." his face twisted in horror, "1 from mum. I'm gonna die Obito what do I do?! Or wear?!" He panicked and tried to search for something to wear in the pile of messy clothes on the floor. He finally through on an orange high neck long sleeve shirt, a thin black blazer and ripped black jeans. "Put the address of where ever we are going on my phone, quick!"

He threw his phone towards the brunette and ruffled his blonde locks in an attempt to tidy it up. It only made it worse but did he care? Not really. He shoved his feet into any decent shoes that matched his clothes and ran out of the house, Obito following closed behind.

-

Panting really hard, Naruto and Obito stumbled into the studio the address Obito put had landed them, 15 minutes ago. Gosh Kushina was definitely going to have their heads. They looked around, looking for a blonde and a redhead but they found them first. Kushina waved her hand in the air to signal them. She had a sweet innocent smile on like the lady she was but behind to pearl blue eyes she was a devil in disguise, and Naruto and Obito knew that, making them gulp.

Releasing a sigh, Naruto straightened out his jacket, ruffled his hair once again and walked up to the group, shoving his phone in his pocket in the process. Obito was paralysed internally with fear but still moved his legs. He's gonna have to beg Minato to protect his from his devil if a wife, because they'd definitely see why they call her the 'Hot-blooded Habanero'.

'Act natural' Naruto kept muttering repeatedly to himself. 'Just act natural'. He walked up to his parents and gave an innocent smile. Kushina glared sharply at him before seizing his wrist sharply it made him wince in pain. Maybe acting natural didn't work.

"I do apologise for my son's lack of punctuality," Minato started, facing the Hyūga that stood, unfazed by the commotion going on in front of him, "We can go to where Hinata is now if you don't mind." The stone faced man gave a slight nod and turned round, leading the family.

Naruto didn't feel like moving however. Did he hear Hinata? As in, Hinata Hyūga? No. No, no, no, no, no. He dressed casual formal and it was for this? Going to see her? He felt his blood boil. He didn't feel irritated or angry but he knew didn't like the idea. Not one bit.

Without really giving him much of a choice, Kushina dragged Naruto towards the photo shooting part of the studio where Minato and Hiashi - Hinata's dad - stood, waiting for Hinata to be done with the first half of the session.

Finally, the bluenette stepped out and walked towards them, grabbing a lavender towel in the process. She stopped in front of them and gave a slight bow as a sign of respect towards the older members of the group but only gave Naruto a side glance. He scowled at her actions.

"Good Afternoon Father, Good Afternoon Minato-san, Kushina-san. Good day Naruto." She muttered the last part, not staring him a glance making a vein pop. Kushina wafted her hands in the air with a wide grin.

"Can we drop the formality? Like we're gonna be family soon y'know? Call me mum!" Hinata sweat dropped at her proposal then glanced at her dad who paid no attention to what had started to stir up, "If you don't, I'm calling off the marriage." That wouldn't be such a bad idea really but if she didn't wanted to endure trauma and maltreatment till the day she dies, she might as well not call her 'mum'.

Hinata gulped, "Okay Mother." Kushina grinned wider - if that was possible - feeling proud of her accomplishment while the bluenette felt weird inside. She felt sick to her stomach. After her real mother committed suicide when she was five, she had never let the word roll out of her tongue.

Her mother was selfish, if she even was a mother.

Out of selfish reasons, she abandoned her two daughters here on this dreaded earth to seek freedom. But what about the girls she left behind? Whose fault was it that she committed suicide? Of course the blame always goes to the oldest. She had the endure the most maltreatment for the safety of her younger sister till the day they die.

"Excusez moi madame." The man in charge of the photos shooting called out stopping everyone in their tracks - Naruto and Hinata in an argument and Hiashi, Kushina and Minato in a conversation - and forcing them to turn to him, "If you may please Madame, I have une idée magnifique!"

His eyes glistened and glanced over to Naruto as he spoke.

"No..." This was Naruto's unlucky day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 42 13
A/B/O dynamics Naruto Uzumaki is caught between two extremes. As the child of notorious Mafia leaders Minato and Kushina Namikaze, Naruto finds hers...
27.6K 372 14
Naruto and Hinata's friendship is finally progressing but when Naruto broke the news that he's getting married to someone else, how will Hinata take...
42.7K 1.6K 58
[[COMPLETED]] Naruto Uzumaki was living his life, he had wealth, health, fame and pretty much everything like having a son and a daughter named Borut...
42K 773 32
Naruto Uzumaki, Konoha's Number One Most Unpredictable knucklehead ninja. In his village however, was a hellhole for him, almost everyday he gets to...