Shortie - Jayson Tatum

By DaveIsFave

Naomi is an athletic trainer for the Charlotte Hornets. How does she juggle her busy career and love? Follow... More

One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty One.
Twenty Two.
Twenty Three.
Twenty Four.
Twenty Five.
Twenty Six.
Twenty Seven.
Twenty Eight.
Twenty Nine.
Thirty.
Thirty One.
Thirty Two.
Thirty Three.
Thirty Four.
Thirty Five.
Thirty Six.
Thirty Seven.
Thirty Eight.
Thirty Nine.
Forty.
Forty One.
Forty Two.
Forty Three.
Forty Four.
Forty Five.
Forty Six.
Forty Seven.
Forty Eight.
Forty Nine.
Fifty.
Fifty One.
Fifty Two.
Fifty Three
Fifty Four.
Fifty Five.

Twenty.

5.5K 171 127
By DaveIsFave

Had to hit y'all with another one! Andddd I actually really love this chapter.

Hope you like it. Enjoy and excuse any mistakes!

Naomi's POV

I saved the picture to my phone. It's really the lips for me. They just do it for me. Not to be weird.

I dialed his number since I'm going to assume he's still driving.

"What is it giving?" He asked when he picked up.

A seat. "Handsome. You look really nice."

"I appreciate that. Now what you want?"

I did a quick stank face. "Dang I can't call?"

"You only call when you want something. Other than that you'll text me."

"Touché. I do want something. Are you busy for the rest of your day?"

"Not really. I was going to the house, probably take a nap."

"Can you join me for something?"

"What is it?"

"Yes or no?"

"I can't say. It'll depend on what it is." Sigh. We're so similar because same. We're perfect for each other.

"I don't want to say but it's not terrible I promise. And I won't have you out and about. Trust me."

It was silent for a second. "I'm picking you up?"

"No. I'll meet you at your house. I'm driving."

"You're driving?"

"Yes I'm driving. Problem?" I laughed because I know he's trying to be funny. I'm a smooth driver.

"No, no problem." He chuckled. "I'll be at the house in like ten minutes so come on before I get comfortable."

"I'm heading out right now." I got up from my chair at the kitchen island. We hung up and I headed to his house.

Since my moment with Jayson a month ago, things have been...nice between us. Heavy flirting and more hanging out. I really enjoy his company and our conversations. If things were to go somewhere, I don't think I'd press the break.

I honked the horn once I was parked in his driveway. He came out and I saw Deuce standing at the door waving at me.

"Hi buddy." I said loud enough so he could hear me from my car and waved.

Once JT was in the car I pulled off down the road. I glanced over at him and I had a major urge. You know when a nigga get a hair cut and they just look so fine. His beard looks great and I want to touch it.

"What?" He asked since I looked at him.

"Nothing." I shook my head. Oh I'm touching it some time before I get him back home. I gotta ease my way into it.

"Where you taking me? You kidnapping me?"

"Don't nobody want to kidnap you. I need your help with something."

"Can I get a hint? I mean shit you taking me across America with this long ass drive and you didn't tell me nothing on the phone."

"It's not my fault. But anyway you know it's almost been a year since I moved out here right?"

"Mhm."

"And I've had been in an apartment back in Charlotte as well. I think I'm ready to, at least, look into owning a place of my own."

"Oh word?" I nodded. "Well that's good. It's some serious adulting but I like that for you."

"Thank you."

"So where do I come in? You need some money cause I ain't got it."

"You do but I don't need any. I just want a second pair of eyes, opinions, and questions with me. Maybe you'll be able to give me some insight. Since you're a homeowner, I figured you could help. I have just two places to see today."

"I can do that."

"Thank you. So what's been up? Feel like I haven't seen you."

"I saw you at practice yesterday."

"And we didn't talk. You were extremely focused."

"With the game I had the other night, I was trying to get my shots up. I couldn't buy a basket."

"Yeah you built a nice brick house with the way you were play-" I stopped when I felt his eyes on me. "Too soon?"

"Too soon." He agreed.

"My bad. You know you my dog. It was only one off game."

"Nah I been having too many lately. Let's talk about something else though. I have a question."

"Shoot."

"Would you be open to me taking you on a date? Just a curiosity."

"You wanna take me on a date?" I showcased a stank face which was fake. Sir I've been waiting on this moment!

"Yeah. Would you be down?"

"Sure." I shrugged. "A date is fine." That's right Naomi. Play is cool.

"Bet. I'll put some shit together and I'll get back to you when I have a plan."

I was grinning on the inside. I feel special.

I eventually parked at our first location today. "Okay remember your here to help me. Be my second eyes and ears. Aight?"

"I got you girl. Come on." He extended his arm for me to lock mine around his.

We went inside and were met with my realtor, Rome. "Hey Naomi." He smiled and did a double take when he saw Jayson. "I keep forgetting you work with the Celtics." He said to me then extended his hand to shake Jayson's. "How you doing?"

"Good. Hope you are."

"Good. So are we ready to see some places today?" Rome looked back at me with a smile.

"Yeah. I just want to get an idea of what's out there. Jayson here, is here to help me out. Keep me focused and grounded."

We proceeded to walk towards the elevators. Love to see that. We're on our way to black girl luxury on tiktok. Period!

"We're going to be looking at a penthouse on the 44th floor." Rome pressed the button and the elevator zoomed up. "Yeah this building has one of the fastest elevators in the city."

"I'm not gone lie, the elevator alone tells me this shit it too expensive but imma be quiet." Jayson said and let me off the elevator before him.

I heard Rome chuckle and opened the door to the penthouse. As soon as I stepped in, I fell in love. The floor to ceiling windows and the open concept floor plan. "I'll take it." I said and Jayson shut it down immediately.

"No."

"No?" I looked at him.

"No." And he looked at me. Then looked at Rome. "How much?" He pulled me to him before I could do anymore exploring.

"So a little about this property is it's 3 bedrooms, 3.5 baths. You have a terrace right through those doors, as well as amazing building amenities. Which include an indoor and outdoor pool, a gym that also has personal trainers that you can sign up with. A dog park, and few others but those are the main ones."

"Tell me Rome." Jayson started. "What is the HOA fee here? You don't even have to say how much this place cost. Just tell us the fee."

"That'll be $2,500." He checked his paper then looked back at us.

JT was looking at me and I looked shocked as hell. "You're joking right?" Was all I could come up with.

Rome shook his head. "Nope. This penthouse costs $2.2 million."

"You're kidding." I said.

"No and I only showed you so you can be a little more realistic. With your budget, I know you want a penthouse but you don't want to get one and not be able to enjoy it. I also know you don't want a townhouse but I think you should consider it."

"Or continue to save your money." Jayson suggested.

"I'll give you two a second." Rome stepped away so JT and I could talk.

"No doubt this place is nice but do you really want to be struggling once you get it?" I shook my head. "So will you consider looking for something else?"

I looked around at the place then back at him. "But I want it." I said with a slight pout.

"I know boo but we gotta be practical. It's not a no. It's a not right now. Okay?" I looked up at him looking and feeling defeated. "Come on." He put his arm around my shoulder. "What would you put over here?" He took me to the area I'd make my living room.

"A white sofa. I like how neutral it is in here and I love white furniture. I'd have my TV mounted up here of course."

"Coffee table?"

"Probably. It'll tie the space together."

"Okay what about this area? This your dining room?"

"Yeah but I wouldn't get a big table. Maybe a cute round table. Nothing too extra."

"You not doing a lot of cooking?"

"Well yeah but for me. I don't cook too often for other people."

He put his hand over his heart. "Well damn. I don't get plate?"

"No, you can get one. I'll have to invite you over once everything is situated in here."

"I'll be waiting." He winked.

I smoothly gripped the hair on his chin then let it go. There was a smile on my face to ensure it gave off friendly vibes. I told y'all I had to touch it.

This continued for maybe ten more minutes. Us walking around the whole penthouse pretending that it was mine and me sharing what my plans are to do with the place. See things like this is what makes him so likeable.

He told me the honest truth but also entertained my fantasy. I know it's out of my price range but a girl can dream. Right?

------------

May...

The season is officially over and it's time for relaxation. This season felt long as hell but I completed my first year with the Celtics.

I've been catching up on sleep this past week and haven't talked much with my Jayson. That's what I call him.

I'm going to his house today though. Not because of him but his mom asked me over. JT is down about not being in the finals so she figured he could use a pick me up. Of course I'm down to help out.

Charlie and I got in my car and I drove us to his house. I figured a play date with our dogs could be fun for them.

We did it a few times and they enjoy each other. I'm sure Charlie has missed having someone to rough house with. I miss him and Bear play fighting so I can tell them to cut it out.

When we got to the house, there was a note on the front door and it directed us out back. We went and as soon as the two dogs saw each other, their tails were wagging. I let Charlie off his leash and they jumped on each other, and ran around the yard.

I stood up and looked around for Miss.Brandy but didn't see her. I finally noticed music playing and followed the sound since it was coming from further into the backyard.

The voice of Deniece Williams singing Free could be heard the closer I got. Jayson stood there with a flower arrangement of sunflowers and roses. A big smile grew on my face.

This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. His cheeks were turning a shade of pink when I finally stood in front of him.

"Aw bubba." I hugged him tightly. "I'm glad I wore something cute." I let go of him and looked at the picnic that was setup. "You did all this by yourself?"

"I did actually. I wanted to plan our first date by myself."

I grinned and grabbed his hand that he had extended for me to take. "You really like me."

"I can confirm that, that is true." He nodded. He helped me sit down then joined me.

"I was starting to think you forgot about even asking me on a date."

"That was the point. Couldn't have you knowing my moves girl."

"Wait you did the charcuterie board too?"

"I did. I'm glad you noticed because I put in some work on this thing. Took me forever to get it right."

"So your mom really didn't need anything?"

He shook his head while pouring our drinks. "Nah. I asked her to text you. I ain't want to be the one to do it and I knew you'd come over for her."

"I would come here for you too. That's why I'm here. She told me you were down."

"She wasn't wrong. The anticipation of you being here made it all better." He licked his bottom lip.

"Sir. Why you trying to make me blush? You're good." I pointed at him with a shy smile. He makes me so nervous but I love this feeling. "So what do we have here to eat?"

"A little something. I figured we'd have a light snack then we can go inside for lunch."

"Oh word? I'm getting a full course meal?" Despite him serving me right now with his looks. "You got a haircut?"

"Damn you notice everything." He chuckled. "I got one yesterday. You like it?"

I ran my fingers through his curls. "Of course. I get my hair done next week."

"What you getting done?" He asked while eating a strawberry.

"Well since we're going to paradise, I was going to get some braids but I went with a wig install. Switch it up a little."

Jasmine and I are going to the Bahamas....as well as the Tatums. Jayson and I were talking about taking a vacation after the season, and I brought up the fact that I wanted to do something nice for Jasmine. We brainstormed and decided to take a trip out there.

We probably could have gone separately but why do that? Plus he's providing a private jet? Oh yeah I'm down to tag along and Jasmine was in agreement.  Then with us getting closer, I think it would be nice to see where this could potentially go.

"I have a question." He wiped his mouth and looked at me.

"Shoot." I gave him my undivided attention.

"Aight so we been talking for a little bit right?"

"Mhm. Consistently for a few months at this point."

"Facts." He nodded. "In that case, I think it's bout time I ask you to be my girl." My eyes met his and my eyebrow perked up. "What do you say, Naomi? Will you be my girlfriend?" 

I tried to keep it hidden but my cheeks started to rise and my teeth came in on full display. He does this to me!

"Aw my Jayson." I poked my bottom lip out because he's so cute. "Yes, I'll be your girlfriend."

"So glad you said that. Give me a second." He stood up and jogged to his backdoor and said something inside then came back out.

"What was that about?" I asked when he sat back down.

"Had to tell the chef to make your plate."

My mouth dropped open. "You weren't going to feed me?"

"Not if yo ass said no. We still would've been cool but you ain't eating my food today. Hell." He immediately laughed at my face. "I'm playing."

I laughed and pushed his shoulder and he joined me. "You not right." Our laughter simmered down then I tried avoiding eye contact when asking my next question. "So do we kiss now or?"

"Yo you and this awkwardness." He chuckled and moved closer to me. "Just tell me you like me and you want me to kiss you."

"I can't help it. You make me nervous."

"Do I?" He put his hand on the side of my face, his thumb on my cheek then his other four fingers softly resting on the back of my neck.

The wind was softly blowing while the sun beamed on us and you could hear the birds singing in the distance.

The sound of Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell singing 'If This World Were Mine' played through his speaker. If this moment isn't perfect then I don't know what is.

"Can I kiss you?" His nose met mine. Baby you could take my clothes- "Can I?" He interrupted my thoughts to ask again, softly.

"Yeah." I got out. He's melting me the more he's being gentle.

Our lips finally came in contact and when I say, I felt an explosion of emotion go off in my body. I mean it. Straight electricity. 

My hand met his cheek and I deepened it. I've waited long enough for this moment and I'm basking in this for as long as I can. He's officially mine!

——————

Bahamas Trip

"Goodness Jasmine, are you single?" I asked when I walked by her. "Jayson who?"

"You better stop before I really take you from yo nigga." She stuck her tongue out and looked at the picture she just took. We started walking outside to meet Jayson at the pool.

"No but your body looks so good. When you going to train me in the gym?"

"Nae you don't need me. You're curvy as hell and you look amazing." She straight faced me. "But if you insist, you know I'm here if you serious."

"Thanks friend. I'm just trying to get this gut here down. I hid her a little today."

"There's barely anything there. Now let me take your picture. We twinning today." She stood in front of me while I posed then she gave me my phone back. "See you look cute."

"Thanks." I locked it so we could chat. "So how have you been enjoying our vacation?"

"I'm having fun. It's not feeling like a couples vacation like I thought it would."

"I told you, this trip is about us. It just so happens that Jayson is here and that he asked me to be his girlfriend before we came here. It's a little coincidence."

"Coincidence my ass. Y'all on a baecation. Any fucking going on?" My head snapped in her direction. "Nah don't act all innocent. Are y'all hunching?"

"No, Jas. We're not hunching. His son is here."

"Now how you think my little boyfriend got here? Plus parents will find a way to get it in. Deuce ain't awake all day chile. Gone head and wet that beard." She winked and patted my shoulder before leaving me to go put her stuff on a chair.

Jayson was sitting in one, fully dressed, while Deuce talked to him and walked along the edge.

I walked up behind him and kissed his neck which made him shiver a little. "Why you ain't getting in the pool?" I asked him then waved at Deuce with a smile before sitting in the chair beside his dad.

He shook his head. "I don't feel like it. Just want to chill." He looked me over and licked his lips. "You look good."

"Thank you." I said then looked at Jasmine. "You getting in?"

"Of course. My friend been waiting for someone to play with a it's obvious his daddy ain't getting in." She looked at Jayson and shook her head before getting in with Deuce.

"Aye we were in there earlier. I done took a shower and don't feel like taking another one right now." He told her then looked back over at me. "Come here." He said and y'all know that voice they do when they trying to be sexy.

He reached his hand out for me and I took it. He guided me to lay beside him and his arm went around me while I laid my head on his shoulder.

"How you feeling today?" He asked.

"Fine?" I looked up at him confused.

"Don't look at me like that." He looked down at me. "You know what happened a couple days ago. I'm just checking in."

I had a brief depressive episode. Like I've mentioned before, I struggle with mental health sometimes. They can be progressive or they can be sudden, like this one.

I wasn't texting him or returning his calls, so he popped up on me. He said I worried him which I understood but I was in a bad funk. I can't even say why. It just happens and I hate every minute of it.

Jayson came over and cheered me up though. He brought food and spent the night. Although he had to leave the next morning, I felt better because he took the time out to come over and check on me. It meant a great deal to me.

"I'm doing a lot better. Thanks for asking and for being there."

"Of course." He nodded and kissed my forehead. "Do you want to talk about it? We don't have to but I'm here if you need a listening ear."

"Yeah I'd prefer not. Maybe we can talk when we get back to Boston."

"I'm okay with that."

"Hey girls." Miss.Brandy came over to us and greeted me and Jasmine. "Deuce you hungry?"

"Yes!" He looked over at her and nodded.

"Come on. I got your lunch ready."

Jasmine helped him out and he ran over to his grandmother. Since Jasmine was in the water by herself I went to join her. I took off my cover up and was about to get in before Jayson stopped me.

"You forgot something." He closed his eyes and puckered his lips.

"What I got something on my lips?" I touched them and reached for my phone to check. He kissed his teeth and was about to talk shit. "I'm kidding. You're such a baby." I laughed and leaned down to peck his lips a couple times before getting in the pool."

Jayson's POV

Damn Naomi looks great. Her body is just- mm. I'm trying to keep my sexual thoughts to myself but the beast inside really wants to get something crackin.

Wait that's a terrible first impression and introduction to me. My bad. I'm Jayson Tatum. I'm a dad and I play a little bit of basketball professionally.

"I'll be right back." I said to Naomi and Jasmine before going inside.

"Y'all hungry?" My mom asked when I went inside.

I rubbed over Deuce's hair and answered her. "You know I can always eat. I'm sure they'll get hungry if they aren't already." I sat down.

She nodded and glanced at Deuce to make sure his headphones were on before turning her attention on me. "So how's everything been?"

"Good." I nodded.

"I really like y'all together. You can thank me for getting you two together."

"Now how you get all the credit?"

"Because. I was the one that put the bug in her ear about you. She was talking about brother. I was talking about daughter in law. And I know you two are just dating but I don't see marriage being too left field. I can see y'all tying the knot then having some little ones. I want some more grandkids."

"Well it's not happening right now. Maybe in a couple years. That'll be up to her though. She's the one who has to carry and birth them. I don't even know if she wants kids of her own."

"No? You guys haven't talked about that?"

"Nope. Naomi has layers to her. She'll reveal little nuggets about her slowly but surely. I like her so I'm patient."

"Well that's how I raised you. You not talking to nobody else are you?" She squinted her eyes.

"No. Why would you even ask?"

"I'm just making sure and I know when you lying. I'm making it very clear right now, I'd snitch on you. Naomi is my girl. I love you but I'd never enable you so do right by her. You got me?"

"Yes ma'am." I nodded.

"Good. Now go be a gentlemen and tell the ladies to come in and eat."

"Okay." I stood up and went outside to get them.

I'm glad Naomi accepted the title of being my girlfriend. I've had a crush on her since I met her when she was with Charlotte. I was playing it cool around her but she made me nervous as hell.

Plus she was in a relationship and I didn't want to make shit complicated for her. So I waited patiently and now we're here. I'm not fucking up anything.

Her soul is unmatched and she deserves every good thing that this world has to offer and imma do my best to give it to her.

"JAYOMI!" Jasmine shouted and snapped her fingers.

"Jasmine no." Naomi laughed and shook her head.

"Man what you think JT? It has a nice ring to it, right?" Jasmine looked to me to agree with her.

"Don't entertain her bubba please." She continued to laugh.

I'm sure there was a twinkle in my eye when I looked at her. It's just something about her that makes me feel so warm inside.

My shortie.

—————

It was cute right??? Are we here for them being together? Melo my dog but it's just something about that Jayson. Sheesh.

Next chapter we'll dive deeper into their relationship. Should I give y'all a sex scene? Y'all let me know chile.

Thanks for reading and until next chapter 💚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 92 10
𝚂𝚑𝚊𝚠𝚝𝚢 𝚖𝚢 𝚋𝚎𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚎𝚎𝚎.
870K 15.6K 118
LaMelo Ball Imagines made by a black girl 🤎 This imagines book is completed but there is a second entitled "Lamelo Ball Imagines 2" Completed 04/2022
350K 5.4K 61
𝐀 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐭 𝐍𝐁𝐀 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬.