Pretend Girlfriend [Monsta X...

By FireFlakes25

Sohn Hyunwoo is the CEO of the most famous fashion Magazine in Korea. He was deemed to be one of the most han... More

|><|
πŸ„ΏπŸ…πŸ„ΎπŸ„»πŸ„ΎπŸ„ΆπŸ…„πŸ„΄
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 1
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 2
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 3
NOT AN UPDATE, SORRY
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 4
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 5
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 6
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 7
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 8
An Apology
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 9 Pt1
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 9 Pt2
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 10
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 11
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 12
|><|Bonus One Shot: HYUNGHYUK
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 13
|><|
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 14
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 15
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 16
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 17
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 18
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 19
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 20
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 21
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 22
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 23
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 24
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 25
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 26
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 27
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 28
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 30
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 31
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 32
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 33
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 34
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 35
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 36
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 37
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 38

πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 29

670 35 137
By FireFlakes25

For the whole ride and the half an hour he'd been in Hyunwoo's apartment. There was only one thing, person, that consumed Jooheon's mind. Deciding to give his thoughts a rest, he set his focus back to his friends. Like kids waiting to be called for dinner, all of them are currently playing snakes and ladders, the armchairs and loveseats moved to the sides and all of them sprawled on the floor with other indoor games they didn't even played scattered around them, a good source material for Kihyun's impending rants. His eyes unintentionally landed on Hyungwon and Hoseok, the two sitting too close than they normally would.

"Since when are you two together?" Jooheon asked more bitterly than he intended.

Hoseok who was playing with Hyungwon's fingers while the latter reads, perked up at the question.
He immediately shook his head in denial, and lightly wave his hand 'no'

"Oh, we're not yet -"

"A week ago"

They answered at the same time, Hyungwon acting like it's nothing much as he kept his eyes on his book and his head resting on the now confused bunny's shoulder, which made Jooheon wonder if his neck was okay, as he needed to bend extra lower due to him being way taller.

Hoseok turn his head towards the model's way, completely befuddled, while other lifted his head a little to give him a frown, the older's words registering in his head.

"What do you mean..?" They both trailed off at the same time, confused.

"You kind of asked me before? at the café.." Hyungwon brought up, eyebrows knitting.

"You didn't..answer?" Hoseok pointed out in question, a little unsure. He did shoot his shot in asking Hyungwon to be his boyfriend on their third date. But he could sworn he never got an answer, or did he dazed off staring at him again to ever hear him say yes.

"Would I still be here if it's a no?"

You couldn't make it more clear by actually saying things outloud? Hoseok wanted to ask but decided not to. It could be that he was the one too preoccupied with his daydreams.

Not wasting time before the model could change his mind, he decided to not question things further, for now at least. He instead returned his attention back to Jooheon "yeah, a week ago"  he beamed at him.

Jooheon's eyebrows furrowed at them.
They should have a talk, he thought to himself as he watches Hoseok embrace Hyungwon and give him a kiss on his cheek. The taller remained with his stoic expression but did not push the other away. It was now quite obvious it was all false indifference, he loves being showered by affection.

" Please have some respect for the singles around" Y/n says, not even looking at the two as she threw the dices on the marbled floor.

Minhyuk gasped dramatically "How can you refer to yourself as single with me right beside you?"

Y/n moved her peice from the boardgame, letting out an annoyed tsked when she landed on a snake tile. Blatantly ignoring Minhyuk which led for the man to jab his finger at her side. Y/n yelped and hit him on his shoulder, the both of them starting a little slapping battle, only having light forces with each hit.

Jooheon watched them in judgement, feeling as bitter as ever. Out of everyone, he's the one who loves spending time with his friends the most. But the pairings are not helping with his current mood.

"I don't wanna play anymore" Jooheon stood up, not really wanting to show his bitterness but was unable to as he had always been so involuntary transparent with his emotions. "I'll go check if Kihyun Hyung and Hyunwoo Hyung needs help, you guys continue on" He added, just to cover up the edge from his previous statement.

Minhyuk and y/n stopped their antics and followed Jooheon with their gazes, looking back at eachother in question. Both of them shrugged, not knowing what was wrong with the younger.

"Maybe because he lost twice in a row?" Minhyuk guessed, knowing that Jooheon can be a sore loser at times. Maybe he shouldn't have cheated and let Jooheon win the second round. Y/n's eyebrows furrow, not sure if she should take that as reason. But eventually, not finding anything particularly wrong, just nodded and suggested a different game to play.

"You both can't read a room" Hyungwon muttered under his breath with a shake of his head. Finding it obvious that the younger was in a foul mood seeing such display of affections.

Not even five minutes since Jooheon left, Kihyun's voice rung out, coming from the kitchen, calling for them to help Jooheon set the table for dinner as the food were done.

"Okay, Everyone eyes on me please!" Minhyuk started, standing up and hitting his stainless chopsticks on his glass to get everyone's attention. This earned a side glare from both Kihyun and Hyungwon, the former slightly worried he might break the glass with how he hit it while the latter just bothered by how sounds.

"The reason I had gathered you all here is to announce and celebrate something very special"

" In my house?" Hyunwoo didn't even stop himself from muttering loudly enough for everyone to hear.  Earning a sharp look from Minhyuk and an elbow jab in his chest from the hamster for rudely interrupting.

But Hyunwoo couldn't help it, if the sunshine has something to celebrate why not do it at his own place? He and Kihyun would come and is sure Wonho, Hyungwon and y/n too. He probably just wanted free food and free cleaning. Well, jokes on him, Kihyun will definitely make him clean up the indoor games they all scattered on the living room. All those games he didn't even remember purchasing. Hyunwoo doubts they even play all of those.

"Yeah, anyways " Minhyuk continued, putting his hand in a stop sight that tells everyone to not interrupt him again. " Y/n and I are together!"

His energy took a step below when his announcement was not met with the enthusiasm he expected. He expected a series of congratulations and look of shock and disbelief. Instead he got them just giving him a sigh.

"You guys aren't gonna say anything?"

"I told you, we didn't need to make announcements" Y/n says with a shake of her head, as she herself knew such reactions would come.

"Please Hyung, we expected it" Jooheon says, his eyes focused on his bowl of rice as he  picked up and shove it in his mouth, followed by fried meat, his eyebrows knitting together. "You can say you two are getting married and we won't be surprised" he continued, still witch food in his mouth earning a disapproving look from Kihyun.

" Y/n, you sure about him?"

" You can still change your mind you know"

Hyunwoo and Hoseok says, a small laugh coming out of them. The joke has been around since their late collage days, ever since the sunshine started chasing after the other.

" Oh please, I'm everything. She got lucky" Minhyuk flipped his non-existent long hair in sass.

"I'm actually rethinki ...."

"Yah, you can't take it back!I work years for this, I earned it" Minhyuk interrupted even before the girl could finish her sentence.

Y/n nodded looking at him " Do you think if I put him up the dark web someone will buy him?" She asked Hyungwon who was sitting right next to her.

" Well, to celebrate, should we have wine or do you guys want champagne?" Kihyun join into the conversation.

" Yes, wine please, thank you ki" Minhyuk says, smiling and batting his eyes towards Kihyun, which made the other scrunch his nose in disgust.

"I swear this is no longer my house"
Hyunwoo watched as Kihyun made his way to the counter that serves as a little home bar and division between the kitchen and the dining.

"Domesticated huh?" Minhyuk teased, earning a small slice of carrot thrown at him.

________

"Hoseok said you wanted to give Kihyun a gift. Have you thought of what to give him? " Minhyuk asked out of nowhere. All of them, minus Kihyun and Hoseok, who were doing the dishes, are lazing around the living room after cleaning up the mess.

Hyunwoo who was quietly sitting on an armchair looked down on Minhyuk, the sunshine sprawled laying on the marble floor. "Might just give him pocket money"

"What is he a high schooler?" Minhyuk replied without missing a beat. He crawled towards Y/n, who was also on the floor sitting in a criss-cross. He laid his head on  his girlfriend's lap, the girl's hand immediately going to brush his hair. Both of them in their rare moment of calmness, tired of their own antics.
"Give him something nice" Minhyuk adds.

"Yeah, I thought of that but couldn't think of one. Money will do, he can just go buy what he wants" 

" You're missing the point " Hyungwon joins in coming from the corner on a loveseat, his eyes set on the book he had been reading since he got there. Turning a page he added, "Tossing money is tacky and half hearted. If you want him to feel appreciated, giving him an actual gift is much appropriate"

" Yeah, what he said" Minhyuk agreed at what  Hyungwon said.

"Honestly, I would gladly take the money" Y/n commented, earning a light slap on her lap from Minhyuk.

" I don't want him to feel appreciated, I just wanna give him a gift since I'm the only one who didn't give him one" Hyunwoo quickly says, foreseeing the upcoming teasing about him and the person of their topic.

" You saying you don't appreciate the little rat?" Hyungwon asked, the side of his nose crinkling in judgement. "What's the point in giving him something then?"

" it's not that, and why do you hate Kihyun so much?"

"I don't hate him, I just don't like his face, why do you care?"

Hyunwoo deadpanned at him, Hyungwon has hopped on with the teasing " You know, sometimes I prefer the times you stayed quiet"

Y/n shook her head at them " Just give him a camera or something, if you can give him money, you can buy him one" she suggested.

"Oh yeah, Ki likes Photography! Go buy him a camera Nu" Minhyuk agreed with y/n's idea.

But Jooheon who had been quiet finally chip in to the conversation, disagreeing. "Giving him a camera is like giving a bookworm books"

" What's that supposed to mean?" Hyungwon asked with a raised eyebrow, feeling targeted but unsure if he should be offended.

"It's not as special as it sounds?" Jooheon shrugs, uncertain if he's wording his thoughts correctly. " I mean, it's great too. It's very thoughtful, yet quite thoughtless at the same time to give surface answers to someone's interests"

Hyunwoo nodded at the younger's words, quite impressed by his thoughts. Jooheon seems to be good at such things. He's always acting like a child, as the youngest he has the right to, but even so, he always seem to find the right words to say. Just some songwriter perks he supposed.

" He also already have a camera, I think I saw two displayed at his room" Hyunwoo recalled having caught sight of them on his bedside drawer.

"Why were you in his room?"

Hyunwoo gave Minhyuk a sharp look, telling him to shut up. But the man's smile only widens. He got up from the floor and skipped to where Hyunwoo was, adhesing himself on the older.
"Do you like Kihyun?" He asked in a comical loud whisper.

Hyunwoo clicked his tongue on the roof of his mouth and tried to brush Minhyuk away. He gave him an annoyed look and did not answer.

"Come on, it's just us" Minhyuk continued on. " We won't tell anyone "

Hyunwoo almost laugh. Minhyuk is an annoying sweetheart, everyone knows he can't keep his mouth shut. That what makes him an annoying sweetheart in the first place.

"I don't like him, we're not even friends" Hyunwoo said, giving up on prying Minhyuk away from him. The first part could be true but the last one is a complete lie. " Employer and employee, that's all"

" That's not what I saw in the kitchen" Jooheon leaned back and crossed his arms. Giving a small grin when Hyunwoo furrowed his eyebrows at him.

"Wait what? What happened in the kitchen?" Minhyuk quickly asked important questions, finally letting go of Hyunwoo's arm.

"Nothing" Hyunwoo was quick to answer.

All three sent eachother some looks before turning to Hyunwoo and gave him an are-you-sure look.

" I was just helping him cook " Hyunwoo explained, exasperated, knowing full well he didn't have to.

Jooheon snorted at his reply, and just shook his head. Checking his phone after it dinged, indicating that he received a message.

"It's okay to like him you know, then maybe this will no longer be a pretend"
Minhyuk teasingly nudged him " So, do you?"

"I just said I don't" Hyunwoo deadpanned.

Minhyuk raised his eyebrow at him. "Are you sure? Hm?"

"I'm straight, I don't understand why you guys even started all this.." Hyunwoo doesn't know what to refer to it so he left the sentence at that. But like he said, his friends knows he only liked women, so it's ridiculous they even thought Hyunwoo would ever be interested in Kihyun.

"You only ever liked Eun Hee and decided you're straight. We don't really consider that as valid reason"

Hyunwoo shook his head taking in a breath and letting it out as sharp sigh. You'll never win against Minhyuk, a fact that he should learn to accept.

Standing up, he muttered he's going to his study to take care of some business papers, telling his friends they could just go to the guest rooms if they decided to stay for the night.

Looking at him walked away, Minhyuk and y/n turned to eachother. The girl commented "He definitely likes him", she then turn to the rest and asked

"wanna start a bet?"

__________________________________

The day after , Hyunwoo decided to do his job in the comfort of his home. Leaving his secretary to man the office while he's away. Changkyun has proven himself trustworthy and efficient. He knows the younger would do great in his job. Right now, Hyunwoo does nothing but lay on his living room couch, absentmindly watching tv. He did read a few papers before he decided to just leave it for tommorow. His head seem to not be in the greatest condition to work, which rarely happens.

Hyunwoo instinctively sat up and set his feet down the carpet when Kihyun entered the room, scooting to the side as if to give the younger space on the sofa.

" What are you watching? " Kihyun casually asked, flopping down on an armchair nearby, making all Hyunwoo's effort to give him space on the couch useless.

" Just..." Hyunwoo shrugged and fully set his attention on what's playing on the screen for a brief second "..news " His head being elsewhere he wasn't aware of what he was actually watching.

Kihyun just gave a hum in response, clearly not really even caring of what the other was watching and just asked out of courtesy.

Hyunwoo noticed the younger have his personal cameras placed on the coffee table and some wet wipes, seem like he's going clean them. He can't help but raise an eyebrow at the choice of cleaning materials but did not say anything and just choose to observe. The younger seeming to be more interesting than the news playing on the tv.

"You're staring again" Kihyun said, cleaning whatever invisible dirt his camera has. His eyes lifted to smugly look at Hyunwoo which in turn made the older roll his eyes, leaning back on the arm rest. He didn't remove his gaze on the smaller's direction.

"I was looking at your camera, that's quite expensive" Hyunwoo says, throwing a nod towards what Kihyun was holding.

"What? This? "

" Nixon F4. Old model, but really has good quality"

Kihyun blinked at Hyunwoo, not really understanding what he's talking about. Truth is, he may love photography and everything connected to it, but he still have very little knowledge. As much as it's a dream, it is something he didn't truly prioritized. He never really had time too, he's too busy trying to strive at life.

Hyunwoo actually isn't much of a genius when it comes to the subject. He's more economically and business inclined. His father however is a collector. The man loved film cameras, he has a whole room at their mansion dedicated only to all models he had collected over the years. He enjoyed talking about it too, and since Hyunwoo and his father had always been close, he essentially did earned a bit of knowledge about the topic. The hours of his father explaining and introducing to him all that he owns is finally being used.

"It's old" Kihyun shrugged, not dwelling on whatever Hyunwoo had said. Thinking that it doesn't matter. Not like the camera can still take pictures or anything. It had been broken since before it was even given to him.
" It doesn't work anymore, it's useless."

"Can I have a look?" Hyunwoo asked, sitting straighter and giving out his palm expecting the camera to be given to him for inspection.

But Kihyun visibly tensed up and kept the camera close to him, he gave Hyunwoo a look of obvious refusal . "No"

"Why not?"
Normally, Hyunwoo wouldn't even bother asking why, respecting the decision. It's not his, why would he care? But by seeing how Kihyun handle it with a different sense of carefulness, he concluded it was something dear to him. Keeping Jooheon's words in mind, an idea quickly struck him. Maybe getting the camera fixed would be a good gift. He doesn't know if they can still have it repaired, he would have to take a look first. But then again, it's not like he would know what's wrong with it by looking.

Hyunwoo doesn't know why he's so pressed on  this gift thing, but he is and he did not spare time to actually find a reason why.

Kihyun pursed his lips, he slowly relaxed. " It was my mother's" He told Hyunwoo.

There was an obvious shift of emotions within his words. He looked a little sad, which was a first sight for Hyunwoo. He can't remember a time when Kihyun looked sad. Bitter and angry, yes. He had always have that fierce look in his eyes. Right now, those two brown pools are sullen. Annoyingly enough, Hyunwoo wondered why he cares so much. Why he bothered studying the look in his eyes. It's not like it's unlike him to do so. Hyunwoo had always been observant. But these days, he does it more and more often for Kihyun.

Kihyun kept his eyes on the camera, holding it tight yet gently. It's been awhile since he felt this subtle nudge of blues. He isn't sad because he misses his mother, he's sad because he couldn't. There was nothing to be missed about the woman.

"It's the only thing she left " Kihyun shrugged, frowning at the end. The message that he does not like other people touching the precious thing was loudly sent without being verbally said.

That one time the older kids at the orphanage snatched it from Kihyun was the last time his mother's camera was in the hands of other people. Most of the kids there were mean, usually the older ones. They do all sorts of things to get a reaction, mostly just to make the youngsters cry. All things which Kihyun hardly does. He had been tough even at a young age.

That day though, they got the reaction they wanted. The moment after the precious thing fell on the ground and the lense broke, Kihyun jumped and throw a punch despite being outnumbered by kids almost twice his size. It was not a fun experience, he just have a strong personality but he's still way weaker than them. It was good the Martons were there to stop the fight or else he would have been pulped, no doubt.

"Oh.."
Was the only thing Hyunwoo could let out, not knowing what to say. Kihyun was never one to hide things. He infact freely talk about this life, more than he should. He was always more than happy to share the drama. Though he had always sounded casual about it, as if he didn't really care much of anyone and anything. But right now, something about the way he said his words was soft and gentle, something felt vulnerable. It was quite unfamiliar, which moved something deep within Hyunwoo, that the older is too ignorant to understand.

"Ms. Choi gave it to me on my seventh birthday and told me it was my mother's. I don't actually know if that was true but I have no reason not to believe her so.." Kihyun shrugged, giving a half hearted chuckle.

Hyunwoo noticed how Kihyun's thumb caressed the lense of the camera. The lense was broken like a spiderweb. How come he didn't noticed that it was before? It wasn't important for him to, but now that he learned it was for Kihyun. He felt the need to make it important for him as well.

"Go get your coat" Hyunwoo suddenly said, standing up from his seat.

An instant frown appeared on Kihyun's face, his confused look taking over his expression quite a second slow as his sad face take awhile to transition. " What?"

"Let's get your camera fixed" Hyunwoo explained his intention. He was careful with the way he said it. Something that does not normally happen when talking to the shorter, and something that didn't seem to be noticed by Kihyun.

A look of hope passed Kihyun's eyes before it vanished "I don't think this is still repairable, I took it to several repair shops before but they said it got rusty inside and there's a lot of parts that needed to be changed. All which are hard to find these days. It'll be too expensive, might as well just buy a new one" Kihyun explained, sounding really glum but still trying to talk nonchalantly. "...and it's no guarantee it'll work once the parts are changed. It's really old, still, thanks though" he genuinely thanked Hyunwoo for wanting to get his camera fixed. He thought that was very thoughtful of the older.

" I know someone who's great at this kind of stuff. Don't worry about prices, you should know by now that doesn't concern me"

At this point, Hyunwoo did not question his over-interest in the younger's life. Maybe he lied to Minhyuk when he said they're nothing more than just employer and employee. Maybe they are indeed...friends?. He can't deny he grew fond of the younger over the silly banters they share everyday. But is that enough for him to go and ask Eun Hee for help? He didn't know, and Hyunwoo didn't spare time to question that further. What he wants right now is to get Kihyun's camera fixed.

There was a second paused before Kihyun opened his mouth to talk "Do you really think it could still be fixed?" he asked for the assurance, not wanting to hope too much.

"I can't promise, but it's worth a shot right?"

Kihyun stared at the broken lense of the camera, hardly seeing a broken reflection of a part of his face.
" Okay " He stood up with a firm nod.

Hyunwoo gave him a short almost non-existent smile, glad he agreed with his spontaneous idea. "Go get your coat, it's cold outside right now"

Kihyun hurriedly stood up and went to grab a random coat from his room, Hyunwoo copying his act. But going out and closing the door behind them, Hyunwoo halted making Kihyun do the same.

" What? Is everything okay? " Kihyun asked, concern written on his face.

Hyunwoo turn to Kihyun and looked at him for a few seconds making Kihyun uncomfortable.

"I think you should go as Yeojoo" He said slowly, feeling a little stupid for forgetting. He half expected Kihyun to blew up and go "and you're just telling me that now!?" But was relieved when he didn't.

"Oh, yeah..I should.." He just said nodding in agreement.

Hyunwoo opened the door for him and they both quickly entered again, taking off their shoes. Kihyun took Hyunwoo's hands and thrusted the camera in them. He patted Hyunwoo's arm telling the older to hold onto it while he changed.

Hyunwoo was quite surprised for Kihyun to let him care for his camera, especially after the younger had indicated not long ago that he hates when others touch it. He suddenly felt like the whole world was entrusted to him, feeling a sudden weight of responsibility on his shoulder. He held the camera carefully with both his hands and went to the living room couch in short fast footsteps. His eyes not leaving the thing. He knew he's being over dramatic and is probably taking care of the camera much delicately than Kihyun does, but he didn't care.

It took Kihyun an hour and half to dress up, having a hard time with his hair he decided to just wear a wig and a beanie, just like how y/n had taught him to for quick emergencies.  He just hoped no one pulled the damn thing off his head.

"What do you think? Is it Yeojoo enough?" Kihyun asked Hyunwoo, opening his arms showing his changed up.

Hyunwoo took in his appearance. It was nothing special, Kihyun just wore a knee length cream dress, over is a brown trench coat at least an inch shorter the the dress, and a watermelon red beanie that didn't quite go with the fit. Hyunwoo won't lie, he looks really good, like all the time. Despite Kihyun having a hard time with it, especially the hair. It was obvious he had gotten good with dressing himself up as Yeojoo.

"Yeah, it's fine" Hyunwoo says nonchalantly, standing up and giving back Kihyun's camera.

________________________

Kihyun halted in his steps behind Hyunwoo when the older suddenly stopped infront of an establishment. Frowning, he peek pass Hyunwoo's big self, tiptoing to see pass his shoulder. He saw that they were infront of what seemed like a café. Looking at the big glass window, he noticed a sign on the left side of the glass that says 'in time' with a pocket watch and a cup logo. It was indeed a café.

Kihyun mentally questioned why they were there. He then decided that maybe Hyunwoo wanted a drink first before getting his camera fixed. Upon entering he saw only at least three people —not including them— inside the peaceful café and a lot of antiques and vintage stuff displayed around the place. Some are just placed around while some precious antiques placed protected in pretty glass boxes. Kihyun wasn't sure if they were meant for selling too or just for looking. But right now to him, the place looks like a mixture of a café and an antique shop. Clearly, the place are for rich people. It's giving a lot of old money energy.

" Noona, Hello, How are you?"

Kihyun turn his attention back to Hyunwoo and to whoever he was talking to when he heard the older's voice say quite uncomfortably. He was a little surprised to see Eun Hee standing behind the counter, but found himself not dwelling on her. She must own the place, Kihyun won't be surprised. Hyunwoo and his friends has a lot of businesses scattered around, knowing the woman had money on her too, it's not a shocker she also has one herself.

" Hyunwoo.." The older lady seemed stunned to see Hyunwoo infront of her. It was clear she never thought the younger man would step foot there again. Quickly, she gave a smile, happy to see an old friend.

" it's nice to see you! What brought you here?"
Her eyes caught sight of Kihyun and her smile widens by a millimeter
" are you guys on a date?"

She quickly went around the counter, as if she's dealing with important customers, she ushers them nicely "We have a more private spot over here.."

" We're not here for tea, Noona " Hyunwoo politely interrupted her.

" Oh " Her eyes shifted from Hyunwoo to Kihyun then back to Hyunwoo again. That's when Kihyun noticed that she actually seems to be tensed, it's not visible at first glance with how she brings herself but the subtle way her fingers pick on her skirt tells she's beyond nervous.

"I'm just wondering if I..we, could ask you a favor"

"Yeah,sure, anything..what is it?" Eunhee expantly waited, she seems very eager to help out. Hyunwoo barely ask for anything even back then, and after all the things that had happened he never visited her café or even talked to her first. She wanted to do anything she could to make it up to him, even though she knew it was quite impossible.

Hyunwoo talked with Eunhee about Kihyun's camera, while Kihyun walk around looking at the antiques and vintage trinkets inside Eunhee's personal study on the third floor of the establishment. Kihyun is almost convinced that Eunhee is a historian with all of those, or maybe an archeologist. Frankly, with all the old things in there, he doesn't think his camera is that old. But Hyunwoo told him the woman has a special talent in mending stuff, and is knowledgeable enough to know where to get needed parts. The older was confident Eunhee could fix it.

"Oh, there's a film inside"
Eunhee's voice made Kihyun turn away from the weird old painting he was looking at.

" Really? " Hyunwoo asked, seeming like he didn't expect it, going over to see.

Kihyun wasn't faze by it, he knew there was, but he never touched it. He's more than sure it's expired and all ruined anyways. He couldn't use the camera, so he much rather just leave it there. But since it's getting fix now, he didn't mind taking it off.

"Was it used?" Hyunwoo asked, it was obvious he had gotten more comfortable, Eunhee the same. Both are less tense and guarded yet still awkward.

"Only about a half, it's ruined but I'll see if I can still recover something later" she says before carefully hiding it away, then continued with her inspection.

"It got so rusty inside, and there's a few missing parts.. you've got this open before Yeojoo?"

Kihyun nodded, clearing his throat as quiet as he could, he speak in his much softer high pitch voice " yes, back then in Busan. But they say it's unrepairable"

Eunhee nodded "well, it will really be unrepairable without the parts they probably took.."

Kihyun frowned at her words.

"Some shops would actually take a few good parts from the device or exchange them with lower quality and say it couldn't be fixed, or sometimes repair it and charge a high. It's illegal and not that common but it happens" Eunhee explained, it had happened to her a couple of times when she was younger, one of the many reasons she started learning how to mend things herself.

Kihyun was quite surprised to learn that, not once having the thought it may happen. Then does that mean that man that look into his camera a few years ago before he left Busan stole a few parts? Or maybe the first shop he went to,that one located near his old highschool. No wonder the inspection was free of charge.

" I think we just need to replace parts. Can't promise it'll work but I'll see what I can do, I'll just give you guys a call "

After a few more stiff back and forth talks, Hyunwoo and Kihyun prepared themselves to leave. Eunhee gave Kihyun a few sets of tea as a gift, saying he or rather Yeojoo, is welcome to come by anytime.

After bidding each other goodbyes,
Kihyun opened the door and got out not waiting for Hyunwoo to do it for him.
The older quickly caught the door before it fully close behind the smaller, suppressing the need to fondly roll his eyes towards the other's actions.

"Hyunwoo!" Eunhee calls, catching up before Hyunwoo could step out the door. Hyunwoo closed it again by a few centimeters, turning back to look at her. Kihyun could be seen through the glass door wondering why Hyunwoo didn't follow him outside.

" I just wanted to say...about what happened years ago, it's just.."

"It's alright Noona, really. You don't have to say sorry, I know that you are. We can't dictate what we feel, I understand. We're good now" Hyunwoo decided to say. He already knew what she was talking about, he can tell the whole time they were there, she wanted to say something about it. No matter how she tried to act nonchalantly, like Hyunwoo, she still think about what happened between them and their broken friendship. But when Hyunwoo felt disappointment, all she felt was guilt.

" you'll come to my wedding right?" She asked, hope could be seen swimming in her eyes. She want nothing more than her friends being complete on her important day.

" I wouldn't miss it " Hyunwoo answers truthfully. Honestly, the day he heard about her engagement, he vowed not to come. But he also promised himself to never step at her café again, or to talk to her first, and he did all of that today. Thinking back, it was all before he met Kihyun. He guessed that one talk with Kihyun did solved a few things.

A huge weight seem to lift off Eunhee's shoulders, she gave a smile brighter than anything she wore all day. " We'll be sending out invitations this week, be sure to bring Yeojoo with you "

Hyunwoo nodded, bidding his goodbye for the second time and after that he walked out of the café oddly feeling way better than he did a couple minutes ago.

"What was that about?" Kihyun asked, wondering what took him so long.

"Why? Jealous? " Hyunwoo asked, intending to be annoying, which didn't work as Kihyun himself also seemed to be in a good mood.

"No, just curious" He responded, more civil than he normally would as they started walking by the side walk. It was whether they forgot about Hyunwoo's car or they intended to walk around first wasn't clear on their heads.

" Noona just asked if we're going to her wedding" Hyunwoo answered Kihyun's question.

" Will you?"

" We will" answered and correcting him at the same time.

" We?" Kihyun asked with a frown

" Yeah, we" Hyunwoo confirmed.

Kihyun nodded, understanding why his presence was needed there. Not getting the implications that the business man just wanted him to be there with him and Eunhee said to bring Yeojoo.

" it's still early for dinner but what do you wan-.. . what are you doing?" Hyunwoo frowned, seeing Kihyun blowing air into his hands.

"My hands are cold" Kihyun simply answered, rubbing his palms together then blowing on them again. He underestimated the temperature, he thought it'll be less colder that it is now.

Hyunwoo gazed at him for a short while. He too rubbed his hands together before he reach out and envelopes Kihyun's hand, casually pulling him to walk side-by-side.

Kihyun stared at their weaved hands swaying at every step. Hyunwoo seeming to notice that and quickly shove his hand in the pocket of his long coat, Kihyun's hands still in his.

"Should we eat? What do you want?" Hyunwoo asked him, pretending he did not just grab a man's hand and put it in his pocket like some candy.

Kihyun snapped out of it and removed his eyes from their hand to look at Hyunwoo's side profile.
" I..I don't know.. " Kihyun wanted to throw himself at the streets for being flustered and stuttering.

" Let's get you some garlic chicken then" Hyunwoo decided for the both of them. Sure that Kihyun would like it.

Kihyun can't help but look back at their intertwined hands hidden in Hyunwoo's coat pocket. He was used to Hyunwoo holding him and being at close proximity around other's, in sole purpose of showing off their fake relationship. But alone? Not so much, they always keep a distance. He can't recall if  the first time the older held his hand that way. But it's definitely the first time he noticed it. Though, it was surely not the first time that his heart skipped a beat.

_________________________________

Aaaaaaaccckkkk! I feel like this is going on so effin slooooww 🙂 but I felt like they all need some sort of closures first.

Also, let's just pretend it isn't obvious that showki already has heart eyes for eachother sksk

<3

Double update because I actually have written advance chapters on my drafts lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 801 25
HyungKyun that's all I'll tell you :) Surprise yourself! I hope you enjoy it! ~~~ Big thanks to my best friend for helping me with this story. She's...
1.4K 92 16
*DISCONTINUED* Yoo Kihyun hides a very deep secret he doesn't want to tell anyone, not even His Boyfriend. He distance himself from his Boyfriend slo...
723 81 19
In which a successful CEO, feels lonely but then meets a boy and saves him from bad things to happen. This one boy seemes to complete the missing par...
4K 230 25
She happened to be a camerawomen, not just any camerawomen but a specialist for momento mori. She was dreading for a week holiday and was not willing...