His One Powerful Mate (Rewrit...

By CLDorner

Hi Readers, Before you read this book, I just wanted to say that I am currently in the process of rewriting... More

Prologue - Edited
Chapter 1 - Edited
Chapter 2 - Edited
Chapter 3 - Edited
Authors Note
Chapter 4 - Edited
Chapter 5 - Edited
Authors Note
Chapter 6 - Edited
Chapter 7 - Edited
Author's Note
Chapter 8 - Edited
Chapter 9 - Edited
Chapter 10 - Edited
Chapter 11 - Edited
Authors Note
Chapter 12 - Edited
Chapter 13 - Edited
Chapter 14 - Edited
Chapter 15 - Edited
Chapter 16 - Edited
Chapter 17 - Edited
Chapter 18 - Edited
Chapter 19 - Edited
Chapter 20 - Edited
Author Note
Chapter 21 - Edited
Chapter 22 - Edited
Chapter 23 - Edited
Chapter 24 - Edited
Chapter 25 - Edited
Chapter 26 - Edited
Chapter 27 - Edited
Chapter 28 - Edited
Chapter 29 - Edited
Chapter 30 - Edited
Chapter 31 - Edited
Chapter 32 - Edited
Chapter 33 - Edited
Chapter 34 - Edited
Authors Note
Chapter 35 - Edited
Chapter 36 - Edited
Chapter 37 - Edited
Chapter 38 - Edited
Chapter 39 - Edited
Chapter 40 - Edited
Authors Note
Chapter 41 - Edited
Chapter 42 - Edited
Chapter 43 - Edited
Authors Note
Author's Update
Chapter 44 - Edited
Chapter 45 - Edited
Chapter 46 - Edited
Chapter 47 - Edited
Chapter 48 - Edited
Chapter 50 - Edited
Chapter 51 - Edited
Epilogue - Edited

Chapter 49 - Edited

1.5K 55 5
By CLDorner

Ava woke to a loud commotion just outside her tent.

"Hurry! It's coming down!" a man yelled.

"Bring the support!" a woman yelled.

"Bring the witches their potions! Hurry!"

Potions? Ava wondered.

It's to help them restore their life force. Artemia said. It's about time you woke up. The barrier is about to come down and the battle as well. Artemia was looking at her corporeal state.

Ava gulped visibly before she got up and went to a wash basin and filled it with the jug of warmed water that was next to it. It brought back memories of being with the fae. She washed and dried her face and body quickly before stepping over to her armour and putting it on. The armour was enchanted with magic so that when the shifters needed to change the armour would move with them. Ava's armour was gold, silver and had detailing in rose gold. She liked how the armour and boots protected her enough but left enough room for her to move comfortably in. She attached her long sword, short sword and dagger to her waist belt and thigh and went out to meet the madness.

Otherworlders met her eyes quickly before they hurried to their battle stations. She let her power out to find her mate and felt him at the entrance of the barrier. The barrier was a good three kilometres (1.86 miles) away from the encampment which meant she had a ways to walk. It also meant that the battle could be directed in the other direction to make sure that it didn't endanger any of the men and women that weren't fighting.

Ava turned as she exited the encampments protection barrier and reach up to touch it. It glowed as her finger met the barrier and she saw that it came up filmy and elastic before turning iridescent and disappearing again.

Ava saw the witches protections had doubled again and her family, old and new, were assisting anyway they could to make sure the barrier didn't come down until they were ready for it to. Ava moved through the group of witches and weres and went up to look closely at the barrier. It was a lot different then the one that was erected for protection. This barrier was erected to keep evil out and the light magic that had been accumulated to afix it was intangible. Ava closed her eyes and connected with the barrier. She could see its strengths, but also its weaknesses. Nyx was directly on the otherside just waiting for the barrier to disintergrate. It woudln't. Not as long as the witches on this side stayed true.

Ava breathed deeply inward and reached out for Artemis who twisted inside her body before stepping out of Ava to stand next to her, nose to the barrier. As one they both let out their gifts connect with the continuing of this barrier and also fuelling the other witches who were keeping it in place with enough energy to last them till morning. Ava turned back to the group and whispered softly, knowing they could all hear.
"A gift from my mother." Before she walked into the arms of her mate and watched the witches work.

The armies had started to position themselves ten kilomatres from the barrier. They were divided into five factions, witches, werebears, werewolves, otherweres and humans. The hours passed slowly, that the werecats were getting anxious and started fights within their factions. The werebears merely growled under their breaths to stop the petty fighting and turned back to the barrier.

Every sword, dagger, clawed armour and shield was doused in protective magic that could slice through anything that Nyx and her shapeshifters could throw at them. That is the only reason why the factions agreed on the fighting. If they had a chance to stay alive, it gave them a chance in battle to end the darkness that was trying to barrel through that barrier.
The werebears started to hum under their breaths an old battle song to the soothe the growing anxiety of the soldier. The bass of their voices joined, started soft before it flowed louder into a haunting song. It started soft and slow, just them before the whole faction joined in.
"hum...hum...hum...

we go as one...

hum...hum...

we go at sun...

rise...

to end this night...

hum...hum...

to end this fight...

hum...hum...

magic she rises high...

hum...hum...

to end this light...

hum...hum...hum..."

The song grew with voices adding as the other factions learned and joined in. Drums counted the beat of the hums until the light of the morning began to touch the ground.

There was silence from the factions and only the continuous berating of the barrier could be heard.

Ava whistled for her horse who came galloping towards her fully saddled. She lepth easily upon the horses back from years of training as child and walked the line slowly looking every soldier in the eye as she passed. She let her power rise, knowing the exact words she would say to the weres and witches alike. She inhaled the cool morning air and let the words fall out easily from her mouth like a practiced melody.

"Most of you don't know me. We have never met, so this battle doesn't seem like it should have anything to do with you. But the being we face are not going to stop running havoc on us, until we fight back and stop her."

Ava walked her horse slowly back and forth in front of the men and women, letting her magic project her voice.

"What we face today is no normal evil. None have seen what we are about to see. None will know how to eradicate what we will see but us. The humans of the otherworld have no idea that this place even exist."

Ava paused to let that sink in.

"What we have to remember is that these beings that have been overrun by darkness are and were beings, friends, men and women of the light. Human and were innocents alike! They walked and lived among us. They had lives worth living just like yours."

Ava walked her horse back to the dead centre of the soldiers so she could equally see all.
"So I ask you, with the responsibility aforwarded to you, that you will ensure their lives have not been lost in vain. Remember the lives you have back home. Remember your family and friends. Remember that some of you will be lucky enough to go back to them and live."

Ava let the weight of that hang for a moment. This battled was the most important battle any one of them would face.

"And some of you will move on into the light. To be with the mother, the goddess again. Remembered in faith and love, but not forgotten."

The soldiers started to beat their weapons into the ground and pound their shields.
"Be not afraid of darkness! Be not afraid of evil! Be afraid of what you could lose if darkness overruns us! For victory!"

Ava raises her long sword into the air and a moment later she is met with,

"FOR VICTORY!"

"For the King!"

The soldiers repeated in union.

"For the Goddess!"

The soldiers cheered louder.

"And for all!"

The soldiers yelled joyously as one.

Ava lowered her weapon and sheathed it. She smiled wildly and turned her horse toward the barrier.

This is it, Artemia. The day we have been waiting for since that time we fell in the lake.

Artemia howled loudly within her before shook herself free from Ava to stand next to her in her fully solid form.

The witches had taken their place among the crowd of soldiers, fully energised and ready for battle.

Ava lifted her hands and looked at the barrier seeing through it to the other side. Nyx was there mirroring Ava exactly, her arms raised.

Ava smiled and knew that this would be the last battle Nyx would ever see. Even if she had to die to make that happen, it would be done.

Here we go...

Ava closed her eyes and felt the full brunt of her magic and felt the words she need to say flow through her.

Eeeva grata (Be light),

Eeva Hua ya (Be strong),

Guarta llovehl (You've held),

Kuaylaa venii (Now fade),

Kuaylaah hennii (Now open).

Ava dropped her hands and the power within the spell came from her heart and propelled towards the barrier. The soldiers and her family held their breath. And one by one, they watched as the barrier fell opening to the other side of the otherworld.

******

Copyright © All Rights Reserved 2020 to NeoNixButterfly21/Christine

Hi Reader!

Thank you for reading this chapter to the end. Now it's the final battle. Whew! We got there in the end. I just wanted to thank you for your support till now and I hope whatever endeavours you follow you are met with great success. 🐛💖

I think and believe that if we have the passion and the drive, and also the creativity to share such feats such as a novel, we can all truly have it and be successful in it. It took me all this time to find that within myself and I hope you will see it in yourself too! 😊

So thank you!

C 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 99 21
*Hey guys this is my first time writing. All critiques are welcome! Please comment any suggestions so I can get better! Thanks for reading.* Ari has...
4.6K 121 30
Alexandra Stan was always on the run because of what she did. She just keeps moving never stopping for no one. Will she ever stop? Will she find some...
77.8K 2.6K 44
After watching her parents die before her eyes, 17 year old Tris Prior and her brother Caleb Prior have been in and out of foster homes. Recently the...
19.4K 1.1K 49
Book #4 in the Bonds of Fate series. "You left me. For 2 years." Killian's voice shook with the force of his emotion. "You chose to leave me." "Leavi...