~~Artiste~~(Benedict Bridgert...

Oleh House_OfBlack13

Elizabeth Sheppard Has never been one for traditions. She is smart, artistic, and has a bad temper. She is a... Lebih Banyak

~Cast~
Aesthetic
Sheppards Meet the Bridgertons
Elizabeth Meet the Ton
A Few Friendly Faces
Callers....Or Maybe Just One Caller
Never
An Unpolished Gem
A Walk In The Park
Benedict Bridgerton Indeed...
Operation Artiste
Entangle My Mind
A Masterpiece
Muse
Everything's Ruined
Confessions
A Rather...Big Question
A Pleasant Goodbye
Going to the Chapel...
A Future
Problems and Solutions
Ice Sculpture and Golden Swans
Realizations
One Last Time
I Love You
Authors Note
A New Season
A Brooding Viscount
A New Figure
A United Front
To Admire a Woman
A Friendly Competition
What Have You Done!?
Static
A Broken Reflection
A New Chapter
A New Bridgerton
A Beautiful Day
The End
Epilogue
Spin-Off Part One
Spin off Part Two

Secrets

8.7K 261 49
Oleh House_OfBlack13

Dearest gentle reader,

I must send facilitations to the new Duke and Duchess of Hastings. Congratulations and stamina as they embark on the most exhilarating time in a young couple's life. I am, of course, talking of the honeymoon. Is there a more romantic notion? To retreat from society together, finally leaving watchful eyes behind. And other congratulations seem to be in order for there is to be another Bridegrton wedding. The union of Mr. Benedict Bridgerton and Miss Elizabeth Sheppard, the announcement of their engagement was presented in front of the Queen herself was seen as a true love match years in the making. One can only hope they do not outshine the Duke and Duchess with the extravagant event scheduled for the end of the season. While this author, along with the rest of the ton will certainly miss its two most remarked upon couples back in London perhaps we might find solace in the promiser of the Duke and Duchess returning to us bearing a surprise.

      Today was the Sheppard's annual garden party. Only a handful of the ton was invited, it was an exclusive event for the friends, family, and colleagues of the Sheppard. The Marquess had put special care into this year's event, celebrating his daughter's engagement and the wedding of his adoptive son. He seemed to be in a good mood as of late, smiling more and relaxing often as his children noticed the sudden change. He was happy, which meant they were happy too. And the gardens always reflected the head of the house's mood as the flowers all were in bloom, the hedges were maintained and sculpted into immaculate shapes and the birds produced a soft melody that seemed to echo through the yard.

    "This is Mama's tree" Elizabeth showed Benedict, the large cherry blossom that stood in the center of the garden, most who visited chalked it up to be an exotic prize compared to the surrounding trees; that was until you understood its meaning.

       "Papa had it planted when she died, it was her favorite at her family home. Father loves it when it blooms and the petals flutter into the winds, he always instructs that we must always open all the windows in the house to let her in" Benedict gave her a kind smile, patting her hand 

      "I would have  loved to meet her" Elizabeth looked at him with a soft smile,

      "She would've loved you" She cooed as he allowed his lips to curl upwards. "She would've loved all of you" She turned back to the crowd, mostly focusing on the Bridgerton family and her own. Her mind wandered to the thought of their families being united and she could help by grinning at the thought, Having Violet as a mother, 4 new sisters, and even more brothers would mean everything to her; especially because she'd be with Benedict. 

      "Something on your mind?" Benedict asked her curiously, snapping her out of her daze,

       "Only good things Benny" She cupped his cheek "Only good things"

      Elizabeth stood arm in arm with Benedict as they chatted with Anthony "It seems Eloise is being annoyed by your mother again" Elizabeth nudged Benedict as they saw the young Bridgerton girl roll her eyes rather abruptly after being scolded by their mother.

       "That's because Mother is trying to mold her into Daphne" Anthony sipped on his drink, earning a raised brow from her.

       "Perhaps she will start to mold her after you" Benedict smirked,

       "That would be a nightmare' Anthony spoke under his breath, Elizabeth scrunched her nose and pouted her lips as she stomped on his foot, starling the Viscount. Benedict erupted in laughter as his brother winced in pain

  "Are you sure you want to go through with this?" He asked honestly, Benedict looked at Elizabeth with a lopsided smile.

       "Absolutely" He quickly replied which sent a large grin across her face "At least with preparations I can draw your mother's attention away from her. She's already set up an appointment with Madame Delacoux" She sighed, sipping on her cold drink to cool her down. Just then Gregory and Hyacinth whizzed past the trio catching Anthony's fathering glare as he let out a groan. 

       "You do know Mother will come for you soon Brother" Benedict teased as he finished his glass "Do not remind me"

     The group was interrupted as Colin stood in the center of the garden, Maria Thompson at his side as he tapped his glass with his spoon.

      "May I have everyone's attention? I would like to make a small but rather important announcement" He looked at Maria with a familiar gaze, a gaze of love that caused Elizabeth's eyes to widen "I have happy news to impart" He smirked, scanning the ground.

       "I have asked Miss Marina Thompson to be my wife and she has accepted" Elizabeth felt a short breath of air expel from her lungs as she noticed a heartbroken Penelope in the outskirts of the excited crowd. Her mind filled with fog as she saw her twin throw his glass and huff with anger as Edward was trying to calm him down. She then saw how white Anthony's face had become and realized how truly messed up the situation was becoming. Violet Birgderton's face only mimicked Elizabeth's as she stood in shock but gave a polite smile.

  "Did you know about this?" Anthony asked his mother softly,

       "People are looking Dear, congratulate the happy couple," She said in a negative tone as she now took off. Elizabeth remained in her spot as Benedict tugged on her arm.

       "Lizzie" He hushed, trying to get her to focus on him,

      "Give me a moment" She began to blink rapidly, gnawing on the inside of her cheek as she noticed Elliot stomping away and into the house.

       "Go, go get him" Benedict sighed as she quickly rushed off to find her twin, hiking up her dress and rushing up the stairs.

    A loud thunderous crash came from the second floor, the servants winced at the sound of another crash as she began up the stairs. Another crash echoed through the halls leading to his room, Elizabeth hesitated to open the door slightly. Her eyes widened as she saw the disheveled state of his room, his large collection of books was thrown about, the satin curtains were ripped down, and the large mirror in the corner of the room shattered, Elliot curled up beside it. Elizabeth slowly and silently walked towards him, crouching down next to her brother.

       "Elliot-" 

       "Don't-" He huffed, his hair completely in front of his face, hands covered in small cuts as he let out a growl "Don't give me any lectures" His breath was thready and his voice shaking " I've had enough of your damned lectures" Elizabeth nodded, simply placing a hand on his back and checking over his hand to check the severity of the wounds.

      "I thought I was his best friend" He blurted out, finally picking up his head "We were going to travel Greece together, Father even gave his permission" His eyes were filled with tears and pain as she pushed back his curls. 

      "I was finally going to be free, for the first time in my life I was going to be rid of the title and the status. I wanted to live like a normal gentleman for once, not the future Marquess" Elizabeth could feel her heart sink into her stomach as she watched him cry for the first time since their mother died. Elliot had always been a crybaby, but after their mother passed, he seemed to suck in every ounce of sadness in his body and exude only immaturity and jokes to cope. It was unhealthy and she knew it.

       "He's my friend" He began to whimper "He's my friend!" His eye was now filled with tears as he raised his voice.

  "He's my friend and I love him! He finally shouted, Elizabeth looked at him in shock for a moment, she knew this wasn't the reaction of a betrayed friend, it was more like a heartbroken man. She threw her arms around him quickly "I love him" He spoke through a muffled sob as he buried himself into her chest "I love him"  He repeated, now clutching her back as she soothed him.

       "I Know" She began to run her fingers through his hair.

      "I know..." She hushed, tears filling her own eyes as she waited for his cries to settle.

    Elliot had never woken up with such a sore body, he had spent countless nights at brothels and days of hunting but as he opened his puffy eyes. His entire body felt the exhaustion. He groaned, shifting in his sheets, now realizing he still had his clothes on from the garden party, that's when he remembered. 

      The Garden Party, 

       Colin, 

        his room, 

        Elizabeth,

       oh god, Elizabeth. He quickly shot up, finally recognizing everything from the night prior was in fact all true and not some weird nightmare he had concocted. But he froze as he saw Elizabeth in the corner of the room, softly humming to herself as she cleaned up the broken pieces of ceramic with a small bin.

        "You are awake" She gave him a quick smile before placing the bin down and coming towards him. Elliot tried to recoil, terror rushing through his bones as he prepared for a lecture, a slap on the cheek, or even a disgusted look. But he didn't do any of that "I'm trying to check your hands you dunce" She said with a giggle on her lips as she grabbed his wrists and yanked him back towards her

  "I told Father you were feeling ill, Edward's managed to hold him off for the night but-" 

      "Lizzie.." Elliot's voice raised a pitch as he gave her pleading eyes.

       "How long have you known?" She simply asked, he cocked his head back slightly wondering the exact moment. Maybe it was when they went swimming at Eton, or the numerous times they snuck out to go to the local bars, or maybe it was the way his laugh filled his lungs with hot air.

      "I don't know" He shrugged as she began to examine his slightly bruised knuckles "I still fancy girls, always have and always will but there's just something about him..." He clicked his tongue against his cheek trying to find the words.

       "Elliot it's okay" Elizabeth kissed his knuckles and raised his palm to her cheek. She felt terrible, awful really that her brother would have to spend the rest of his life fearing the unknown, constantly looking over his shoulder. And maybe he will have the occasional crush here or there, but he won't be able to control it when it happens. And he will never be able to act on it.

      "I love you" Her words, although simple and soft seemed to send his eyes a watering mess again "You are my brother, my twin. We are meant to drive but we will always come back together again" She reassured, Elliot let out a cry yanking at her heartstrings as he dropped to his knees and wrapped his arms around her torso. And at that moment, on that day Elizabeth and Elliot had crossed a line that they had never ever thought to touch before. A line reflecting the matters of their heart, and it was a line that brought them close together, even closer than they were before.

    Dearest Lizzie,

       Is it selfish of me to want you to myself? To ask of you to cancel the wedding entirely so that we may grow old maids together? How I wish to be by your side again, walking through the trails of Hyde Park, just the two of us. I miss you terribly and everything is just turning for the worst. Simon has been keeping secrets, secrets that no wife should be kept from. Secrets that can't help but make me wonder if he is hiding anything else from me. I can only begin to worry myself into madness if I am to continue like this

Your Friend,

Daphne

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

66.1K 1.3K 47
Why does love always seem to breed where it is forbidden? That is a question Benedict must ask himself, as he finds himself developing feelings for...
993K 22K 46
βˆΎβœ§γ€‚MORE ۡ∾ ❛AND ALL THE THINGS THAT WE DREAM ABOUT THEY DON'T MEAN WHAT THEY DID BEFORE I JUST WANNA GET BACK TO US CAUSE WE USED...
1.9K 66 7
Two people who couldn't be more different, for the first time in her life she could say she truly hated someone, not realising that soon the anger sh...
753K 16.6K 37
Olivia Borough (17) is Lady Bridgerton's niece who got abandoned after her mother passed away. Now that her father has died too, there is no other op...