Callers....Or Maybe Just One Caller

Dearest Reader,
This author finds herself compelled to share the most curious of news. It seems our diamond requires a closer inspection. As such, an even rarer jewel of only the most remarkable brilliance fore, and luster has been unearthed. Her name, unknown to most yet soon, known to all is Miss Marina Thompson. This author is left to wonder whether Her Majesty might reconsider the high praise she once afforded Miss Bridgerton. For we all must know what the Queen despises more than anything. Being Wrong. And the drawing room at the Bridgerton house currently appears to be emptied than the muddled head of her dearest King George. It follows that Lady Featherington is to receive what she has always desired: the season's true incomparable living under her own roof. She must be overjoyed.

           "You have already awakened, perfect!" Miss Loughty spoke as she entered the room, to be frank Elizabeth never went asleep, she was too excited for the buzz that was to happen today.

     "I do wonder which gentleman will be the very first to call" Elizabeth sat up biting her lip as she could only think of one man, Benedict, her mind traveling back to their first dance the night before. And for some reason, his words stuck with her, they caused her stomach to knot and her mouth to go dry.

     "Up you come we must get ready" Miss Loughty ordered as she grabbed Elizabeth's hands and pulled her up a smile on both of their faces. "I have so much to ask of them all" Elizabeth said once she was ready and making her way towards the drawing-room, a lingering slate of nerves still sitting in her stomach. She wore a pink gown, one that brought out the color of her vibrant green eyes, and white silk gloves that cut off an inch above her elbows. Her hair was let down, flowing elegantly as two braids held back any hair from falling into her face. She settled into the loveseat and looked at every piece of food the cook had prepared for the day. Her mind wandered again as she sat in silence pondering if she would meet her future husband today. There was a knock at the door as Miss Loughty popped her head in along with Lady Danbury who was to be her chaperone.

     "Ready my dear?" Lady Danbury took her place across the room, "Ready as I'll ever be"

         The Sheppard's drawing room was a common ground for the family. The walls were painted the Sheppard's signature pale green with white accents and trim that gave the room an elegant look. Large bay windows were placed along to give the area natural light and a cool breeze. There was a large barn door in the middle of the room, a crazy idea in any formal English home but the Marquess loved the idea and wouldn't hear anyone's critiques. The separation allowed for the room to allow a large gathering. But once the door was closed, the room was cut in half and created a small, quiet atmosphere that favors the familiar company. The Sheppards flow in and out of the room all throughout the day, Elizabeth was its most frequent visitor. She found the room calming and it allowed her to paint with ease. Her mind always wondered as she listened to the buzz of the streets from the windows. It is one of Elizabeth's favorite rooms in the Sheppard family home, that was when it was empty. Today, unfortunately, it was anything but.

         "How many children would you like?" A snarky Lord Crawly crossed his legs and leaned back into the loveseat.

     "I will have as many children as I am blessed with" She shortly replied, holding her tongue. 

    "How is your father's work?" The soft, yet stumpy Lord Hamilton inquired, "He is proving to be quite successful in parliament" Another chimed in as he stood tall at the marble fireplace.

    "These books are quite exotic..." The Baron Woodwerth noted in a sarcastic tone as he looked at the large collection, a collection that she had picked out, a collection her family loved. "Are you too unfamiliar with the works of philosophers such as Confusious?" Her tongue became slick now and Lady Danbury noted the vein popping from her neck. Her control of her temper was weighing and it was becoming perfectly clear from the color of her ears.