A Friendly Competition

Dearest Readers,

We all know the great lengths a young lady will go in pursuit of a proposal. And Apparently, she will travel great distances too. Lord Anthony Bridgerton appears to be inching ever so closer to selecting his viscountess, and to that end has invited our diamond to join him for an excursion at his ancestral home, Aubrey Hall. Country air indeed clears the mind and invigorates the body. Might this be the final gust that pushes the viscount over the precipice of a proposal? Of course, the luckless souls remaining in town will have to find new diversions in the absence of their most precious of stones

          It had been a long time since Elizabeth enjoyed the cooling airs of the country, now she remained in the sunroom of Aubrey hall, sitting beside her good mother and enjoying the quiet breeze that entered the opened doors. Benedict stood behind her, occasionally grazing his fingers along her shoulder.

      "I want to thank you again for allowing my brothers to join us Anthony" Elizabeth gave him a soft smile, earning a small nod from the viscount who'd been looking at his watch again. Her father had been overwhelmed with work in the past few months, leaving Elliot and Edward to constantly wander around London timeously with nothing to do besides joining their sister in the Bridgerton's home.

       "We are more than delighted to have them around, they are always good fun" He added. Colin chuckled, nudging Elliot who'd been staring off into the vast grounds in front of Aubrey Hall. Elizabeth knew he was nervous, about what, she had yet to fully understand. Then the main doors to the parlor opened and Daphne bustled in, beaming as she always did with August in her arms .

      "Sister!" Francesca gasped, jumping from her seat.

       "Oh! We are so pleased you were able to come!" Violet exclaimed, a wide smile on her face as she aided Elizabeth up.

       "As if I would allow my dear Auggie to miss out on watching his mother win this little family tradition. For the second year might I add"  Daphne smirked, her eyes narrowing with intent as she looked at her three eldest brothers.

       "Charming words from a Duchess" Benedict chuckled "A Duchess who is still a Bridgerton" Elizabeth now made her way over to her dearest friend, admiring her nephew with the widest eyes along with the rest of the Bridgerton girls.

         "Oh come and see the baby Eloise!" Francesa sighed, looking at her sister who remained unphased across the room beside Edward, a book still in her hands as she pointed out another fact to the Sheppard Lord. 

      "Why? Has he changed since I last saw him" Eloise rolled her eyes, hearing the sighs of her sisters as she threw down her book and stood.

       "He's grown at least an inch" Daphne noted, studying her son before giving her to her mother. Violet oozed with love as she cuddled the small baby against her cheek.

      "Lovely" She smiled brightly, walking over to Eloise who stared blankly at the approaching pair. The Dowager viscountess extended her arms, placing August into Eloise's awkward grip. A small fit of laughter escaped Elizabeth's lips as her nephew began to cry, and Eloise's face scrunched with worry.

       "Oh do not mind your auntie Eloise" Colin swooped in, scooping the baby into his arms with a gentle touch "She is too busy reading to notice anything else, as usual," Eloise rolled her blue eyes, clutching her book tightly.

      "Is it not nap time?" She raised a brow, "Perhaps Uncle Colin will lull you to sleep with his many, many tales of his travels" She sighed, pushing past him and to the opposite side of the room where there was an open couch. "Yes. I seem to be missing the peace and solitude of the Greek isles already" Elizabeth had taken Edward's arm and guided him across the room.