The End

When Kate Sharma fell into a coma there was a sudden shift in Anthony Bridgerton. He was cold, stern, and even more distant than ever. Even the Bridgertons have chosen to steer clear of the viscount, at least they tried to. 

   "Roses and lilacs, I think this time. Cheerful" Violet instructed Mrs. Wilson as she thanked her as she returned to be with her family. 

    "Are you sending flowers to the Sharma's again? Hyacinth asked her mother.

     "There is nothing worse than rotting flowers when someone is unwell" She answered as she picked up a cup and saucer. 

    "We're not attending this Featherington ball are we?" Benedict asked his mother in a complaining tone.

     "Oh, I do not know. I suppose it was a good thing we were invited. On my walk this morning I was given the cut direct, twice" She sighed as she plopped down on the loveseat next to Eloise 

    "But at least Lady Whistledown does not seem to be writing about it" 

    "She does not seem to be writing at all anymore. Is that not right, El?" Colin commented as he peeked over his newspaper. Violet sent an annoyed glance towards her son before returning her attention to her daughter.

     "Eloise, perhaps a stroll with Penelope might help clear your mind" The brunette rolled her eyes and dug her nose deeper into her book 

    "The last thing Penelope needs is to be seen consorting with the likes of me. The Featheringtons know how bad this is. And you do too. Even if you refuse to admit it-" Just then Anthony barreled through the drawing room doors.

     "No one informed me that we lost three staff last month. These are preciously the things I must know about" He held his arms up and knitted his brows together 

    "We are not the only ones affected by our ill reputation of late, Anthony" Violet commented as she met her eldest son's eyes 

    "Colin. Would you care to inform me about anything?" Anthony chose to ignore his mother's words and began to press his brother

     "I do not take note of staff changes brother-"

     "And what of our accounts? You apparently do not seem to take note of them either since I spent the last two days balancing our books only to discover that you have taken out a rather large sum. Whatever for?" All the eyes in the room looked to Colin who shifted in his seat.

     "If you must know I was exploring an investment with Lord Featherington" Anthony sighed 

    "This is just what makes the difficulties in this household. No one gives any thought as to how it is managed"

     "He is one and twenty brother" Benedict argued,

     "Is no one allowed to make their own decisions?" Eloise added. 

    Anthony glared at Benedict "You keep to your doodling" He then looked at Eloise "And do not ask me to speak of your activities. I would not know where to begin" Eloise shrunk at the sound of her brother's tone and looked at her mother 

    "May I be excused" Violet nodded and quickly slinked away "I must go too" Colin rose from his seat "But do not worry brother, I shall send you notice of every step I take today" He snarkily spoke "Yes, I do have some doodling to do" Benedict followed "I do have so much to read' Hyacinth added as the room begin to empty "And my Latin studies" Gregory jumped from his chair and quickly followed his siblings until it was just Anthony and Violet. Anthony took a pause to catch his breath.