A New Bridgerton

Dearest Gentle Reader

A march down the aisle may very be the longest walk any young lady ever takes. It does not simply cover the length of the church, but rather, countless floors for dancing and meandering paths for every afternoon promenade too. It is a wonder then, that feet do not tire or heaven forbid, trip under the scrutiny of all those attentive eyes keeping close watch, indeed. Start writing your story

                    "Are you sure you want to go?" Benedict asked Elizabeth and she sat beside him in the main foyer of the Bridgerton home. Today was Anthony's wedding, it had also been the day she felt the most uncomfortable she'd ever been.

        "I'm fine" She partially reassured him as she leaned on the table before them. "Take care of Colin why don't you" She pointed to her ailing good brother who had been groggly slumped on a bench beside Eloise. The three eldest Bridgerton boys had indulged over a game of card and billiards which left some unaffected and others distraught. 

      "Do not touch me" Colin warned as he pressed the bridge of his nose,

       "Would somebody help me!" Hyacinth shouted as she quickly chased Gregory "He's taken my ribbon" She huffed.

       "I have only done you a service" Gregory snickered,

        "Do not chase each other" Violet spoke. in a strict tone as she entered the room "Oh, well, perhaps do not catch each other" She sighed. "You must look presentable" She paused in front of the four who sat in silence "Why does no one truly seem ready for this wedding?" She asked as she spotted Benedict's flask between the couple. She rolled her eyes and turned on her heels "Mrs. Wilson!" She shouted which sent Colin into a loud cry of agony.

       "Oh Mother!" He dragged his hands down his face "Please not so loud" He asked.

       "Whatever you have done to your brother, undo it" She ordered. Benedict quickly rose from his seat and he dragged out the small flask. He whistled as he dangled the container in front of his little brother's face.

      "I may never reach your capacity for drink, brother" Colin groaned,

       "It's a simple remedy. If you continue to drink, there can be no after effects" He spoke with a sly smile as he handed his brother the liquor.

       "If only you would use your power for good" Eloise snicked,

       "Has anyone seen Anthony?" Violet asked as she once again spun her head around just before Colin managed to hide the flask under the table. "Benedict see that he is well. I am sure the emotions of the day have somewhat confused him" But just as she instructed him Anthony emerged from his study.

      "Mother" He smiled hesitantly as he adjusted his fine suit.

       "You are ready?" She asked,

       "Of course I am. Born ready, in fact" Elizabeth raised a brow at the Viscount's ease as she took her husband's arm and slowly rose from her seat. Anthony scanned the room, spotting almost all of his siblings in their finest attire "Shall we?" 

                         Hampton Court Palace was a quick hour ride from the Bridgerton's home in London. It was an immaculate structure with gracious gardens that had been trimmed and prepped for the wedding. Yet the queens' added tastes of peacocks and golden-painted men seemed to be do anything but distract the Bridgerton's. Elizabeth had taken her seat as quickly as possible in the first row as she sat with Eloise and Violet. Benedict had gone with Anthony to freshen up which forced her to sit through another rough bout of kicks their babe would produce alone.