Beauty and A Beast (ON HOLD)

Da Puella_Ignotum

The minute Cassandra Nightingale moved to Mystic Falls was when everything changed. Living in a new town with... Altro

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 22

239 9 0
Da Puella_Ignotum

'Get inside and stay there till I come back,' said Kol with a clipped tone; his eyes boring into mine before looking around the area, as though he were listening, waiting for a sign. His body was still flush against mine causing me to shiver.

'Kol; if they're dangerous, I should come with you. I can fight them-'

Kol's head whipped back round to face me. 'You've only just started to get a hold on your powers. You are not going down there.'

I felt my face harden. 'Like you can stop me.' I pushed Kol hard but, just as I was a few steps away, I felt Kol's hands on me, making me yelp in surprise. I felt my stomach get crushed against his shoulder as he hoisted me up. I was only there for a second before he dropped me ungracefully onto my bed before he sped out of my room; the door slamming and locking as he went.

'Kol!' I screamed, pulling myself up from the bed before rushing to the door. I knew that pulling on the handle was futile but I tried anyway. Groaning in annoyance, I tried to think of how to get out. It took me less than a few seconds to focus on the door, melting it with my 'fire power'.

Once the lock had dropped to the floor in a liquid mess, I yanked open the doors, sped down the stairs and ran outside. 'Kol, where are you...' I breathed, looking round frantically to see if there were any signs to tell me where he was. 'Kol!' I shouted.

I was close to losing hope, thinking that maybe Bonnie's bubble spell didn't work as well as we'd all thought and that maybe the witches had taken him and were coming for me next.

The faint sound of chatter made me turn my head abruptly to the right. Not wasting another moment, I ran across the ground; my foot buckling underneath causing me to stumble before I carried on.

I found Kol just on the edge of the forest, just where the protective bubble started; his posture rigid and his voice quiet, almost purring. It seemed as though he was talking to himself as he was blocking the person he was talking to. 'Listen, darling. I'm flattered but I'm going to have to decline your offer. After all; I can't betray my princess.'

'Your princess will be dead within the next three weeks unless you take my offer,' drawled the stranger; whom guessing by her voice was a woman. Standing out in the open, I was surprised that Kol hadn't noticed that I was there but, then again, maybe he had and just didn't want to say anything.

'Well, then I guess you've got three weeks to train yourself up to defeat this little pest, Cassandra,' he said, looking over his shoulder at me with a smirk yet his eyes told me that he was far from amused.

The stranger moved to the side so that she was no longer hidden by Kol. 'Ah, Miss Nightingale. So nice to see you again so soon.'

'Lydia?'

A slow grin crept upon her face. 'Glad to see you haven't forgotten me.'

'How are you-'

'Alive? Don't tell me that you've already forgotten that we can only die at the hands of an Elemental,' she said; her grin faltering slightly as she spoke. 'How are your powers, by the way? Have you finally learned how to control them?'

'Enough of this chatter,' said Kol with a bored tone; moving to stand in front of me so that I was blocked from Lydia's vision. 'You've got your answer. Now leave.'

Lydia laughed. 'Quite the man you have there, Cassie. Very protective,' she purred making my skin crawl. 'I guess I should leave you to enjoy your final weeks on earth with such a handsome man. But don't worry; we won't be far away. In case you do change your mind.'

The sound of Lydia's footsteps against the forest ground told me that she was leaving, that and the fact that Kol was facing me with a cold expression on his face.

'Care to explain to me what you're doing out here? I'm almost certain I told you to stay inside.'

'Well I'm almost certain that I said that you couldn't stop me.' I was looking up into his eyes, staring him down. 'What did Lydia mean? She said she made you an offer.'

Kol continued to stare at me; his eyes never wavering. Suddenly, he took my wrist, pulling me along after him as he made his way to the house. 'Kol? Kol!' I said as I tried to get him to release his hold. 'Kol!' I shouted, though firmer this time.

He stopped abruptly, turning round to grab my shoulders; tight enough to leave a bruise but not so bad that I was in pain. 'We have three weeks until you turn 18. That means we have three weeks to get you to control your powers so that when the shield goes down, you defeat the witches. It's either you or them.'

'But we always knew that! What I don't know is what Lydia was offering you.'

'That's not your concern-' he said as he turned away but my words stopped him in his place.

'To hell with that, Kol! Of course it's my concern! If I'm going to be staying here with you for another three weeks, you can't just keep secrets like that from me!'

Kol whipped round; staring at me intently. He opened and closed his mouth a few times, as though deliberating whether or not to tell me but, at the last minute decided against it. 'My job here is to make sure you're prepared for when you gain your full powers and not to get yourself killed. I owe you nothing more.'

I watched as he turned to walk away, stalking into the shadows as he made his way to the house. The Kol I knew before our arrangement was flirty and constantly tried to get me to fancy him yet, the Kol I was sharing the house with was completely different. But, was that because of his recent talk with Lydia or something else? After all, his attitude had changed completely when Elijah left.

*

By the time that I had reached the house, Kol's 'friend' was long gone. The house was silent and dark, as though I was the only one staying there.

I made myself a cup of tea in silence; my mind wondering to where Kol was and what he was up to. I almost envied their vampire hearing. It would have made living with Kol a lot easier. Then again, if he was going to have more of his 'friends' over, it was probably a good idea that I didn't have it. It would have helped me hear Kol lean against the kitchen door though.

'It's nearly 2am. Why are you not in bed, Cassandra?'

'I guess I just needed some time to think,' I replied, filling my mug without looking up.

Kol was suddenly beside me, leaning against the counter; his eyes watching my every move. 'You're not frightened, are you?'

I laughed quietly as I added the sugar to my drink. 'It would be silly to be, wouldn't it? I mean, I came to Mystic Falls not a couple of months ago and yet, so much of my life has changed.' I turned my head to face him with a sad expression. 'So much crap has happened in my life and then this great bombshell is dropped on me, telling me that everything that I've ever known is wrong. It just...kind of makes you wonder how much of your life is because of the supernatural.' I opened my mouth, debating about whether or not to tell him the truth; my big secret. Despite Kol getting on my nerves more often than not, I did feel strangely comfortable with him. It was a different comfort to what I felt with Elijah; not more or less just different.

Kol's two fingers on my chin, lifting my head, made me focus on his eyes. He was waiting for me to say something, for me to be okay and realise that he wasn't as bad as I had thought. I already knew that but letting someone in who had betrayed your trust and tried to kill was quite hard to do. 'My house burned down when I was a kid. It was what killed my parents. That's why I had to go and live with my grandfather. Then he died and I got expelled from school for burning down the gym and after that, I got shipped off to Mystic Falls.

Before everything, I thought that I had just had a seriously crappy life, thinking that moving to another country wouldn't be that bad. New leaf and all that,' I laughed humourlessly, taking a sip from my mug; holding it close to my body, using the heat to warm myself up. 'Yet, I come to this new town only to find out that I'm actually an Elemental not only wanted by an Original hybrid for reasons that no one knows but also by a coven of witches that just want to gut me.

But, the weird thing is that, knowing who I am got me thinking...' I paused, trying to focus on my breathing to stop myself from crying. 'What happens if I'm the one that started those fires? They said that a lit cigarette burned down the gym but I know I stubbed it out. I know it. And the house fire? I was in the library. Where the fire had started...' I felt a few drops of tears fall from my eyes; slowly wetting my cheeks. 'What happens if I killed my parents?'

'Cassandra,' breathed Kol, making me look up to his face through my blurred vision. He cupped both cheeks in his hands, looking deep into my eyes; his thumbs brushing away the falling tears. 'It was never your fault. There was nothing that you could have done, okay? So don't try and find some way to blame your new powers for what happened years ago. It won't change anything.' I looked away as more tears fell but Kol moving his face closer to mine, so that they were only a few inches away, made me look back. 'You're not a murderer, Cassandra. You were just an innocent, little girl with the power of a thousand witches. The power to get rid of a coven of witches, and save a ton of people-'

'But those girls in the newspaper died because of me!'

'Darling, they probably would have died another way sooner or later. They were living in Mystic Falls.' I continued to cry even when Kol pulled me against his body, wrapping his arms around me before rubbing soothing circles onto my back. 'You might not be the same girl you were ten years ago, Cassandra, but that doesn't mean that's a bad thing.'

*

I couldn't remember how I had gotten into my bed that night. Either way, I woke up in my four poster bed, cocooned in my duvet as the sunlight filtered in through the gap in the drapes. I lay there, staring at the roof of the bed as I rubbed my eyes, still sore from crying.

I slowly turned my head to the side to see that it was nearly 10am. I remembered that Kol and I had been up for another few hours after I had explained my life story, just talking about everything from what he got up to before he was placed in the coffin to what kind of job I hoped to get. If I ever got to university.

It made me smile, thinking of how easy it was to talk to Kol. It almost felt as though he wasn't a slightly sadistic vampire.

'Wakey wakey, M'lady!' Kol sang as he strutted into my bedroom; walking over to the drapes before flinging them open. 'Time to get out of bed!'

'It's only 9:53!' I moaned as I pulled the duvet over my head.

'Beautiful, isn't it?' he asked as I felt the bed dip near my feet. 'All the more reason to get up so we can enjoy the day,' he finished as he pulled back the duvet from my face; his own hovering about 12 inches from me causing my eyes to widen and my cheeks to redden. He looked down at me; his ever present smirk on his lips, as his eyes traced my face before he jumped off the bed. 'I hope you brought your swimwear with you!'

'Why?' I asked suspiciously as I lifted the top of my body up off the bed, watching Kol as he walked to my walk-in wardrobe.

'Because I've decided that you've played with fire enough this week.'

'Oh, you've decided?' I muttered as I rolled my eyes, carefully dragging a hand through my hair to sort out the knots.

'Well, there's only so much a girl can take,' he said, looking out from the corner of the wardrobe to give me an even bigger smirk than before. 'Anyway, I thought you needed a bit of a break.'

'But there isn't even a swim...The lake,' I said, correcting myself as I flopped back onto the bed, suddenly thankful that Kol wasn't focusing on my episode not a couple of hours before. 'This is probably one of your sick ways to try and see me in a bikini...'

'So you do have one...' I lifted my head to see Kol smirking as he held up the top half of my black bikini.

My eyes widened as I jumped from the bed, lunging for Kol's hand but, with his vamp reflexes, he easily moved out of the way; lifting his hand high above his head. 'Give it back,' I said with a deadpanned tone as I stared into his eyes; trying to ignore his smirk.

'What's the phrase that you humans use so much these days? Oh, wait, why am I asking you? You're not a human,' he said with a wink before dropping the top into my hands; my eyes glaring at him as he walked towards my door. 'Now, hurry up and get changed. We've got a lot to do.'

I rolled my eyes as I looked at the bikini top in my hand, frowning when I saw a small white piece of paper clipped to the inside of one of the cups. Once I had opened it, I could help but laugh:

Andy;

Thank us later ;)

Love,

Elena, Bonnie and Caroline (your matchmakers)

*

'This is futile, Kol! I obviously can't control water as well as I can fire!'

'Yes, but we realized that when you could barely work the shower in your bathroom when you first arrived,' Kol said with a smirk. He was standing in lake; the water reaching the bottom of his swimwear; his wet chest glistening in the morning sun. I, unlike Kol, had refused to take off my big top that I was wearing over my bikini. Not only did I not want Kol to focus solely on my chest, as I knew he would, but also due to the fact that I was slightly self-conscious. It wasn't every day you were practicing your Elemental powers in front of a very attractive original vampire.

At his words, I tried to focus on the water, only succeeding in spraying him. He didn't even blink. 'How did you do it last time?'

'There is no last time!' I said through gritted teeth; my anger slowly rising.

'I mean with the fire,' he said, rolling his eyes as he watched me not 20 ft away.

'I just got really angry by thinking of you!'

'There's no need to be nasty about it, Cassandra,' he said with a smirk.

Suddenly, Kol was pulled down into the water causing my eyes to widen in shock before the corner of my lips pulled into a smile. 'You alright there?' I called as Kol shook his head.

'That wasn't funny,' he said with a cold stare as he pulled himself up.

'You're right. That was impressive,' I said with my own smirk.

'Not yet, darling. You're going to have to do better than that.'

'You're on,' I said, closing my eyes as I felt the energy buzz under my skin; clicking my neck as though to help it move to my mind. I took two deep breaths in and out, focusing on the way water felt against my skin; the cool of it on a summers day. Then I channeled all of the anger I felt towards Kol into a more positive energy; fueling my magic.

'Now, that's impressive,' breathed Kol, urging me to open my eyes, one at a time. I felt my mouth drop open as a large bubble of water had formed above Kol's head, probably 5x5ft. I watched as Kol looked up; an impressed smile on his lips before he bent his head; his eyes focusing on me. 'Don't even think about it,' he said slowly, accentuating every word.

I smirked as I shrugged, releasing the water causing it to drop all over Kol; flattening his hair to his face. 'Oops,' I said, biting my lip to hold back my smile.

'I warned you,' he said with such a menacing voice that my smile dropped. I felt a moment of cold on my bare legs before I was truly enveloped in it.

I gasped once I had reached the surface of the lake, shaking my head to get the hair off my face. I looked around to see Kol standing at the bank, at least 50ft away with that annoying smirk on his face as he shrugged his shoulders.

'You're so screwed,' I muttered to myself before a rope made up of water attached itself around Kol, pulling him hard into the water just a few feet away from where I was.

He rose to the surface, dragging a hand through his hair so it was off his face as he watched me with a smirk. 'Not bad. I think we have that one sorted.'

'Want to practice with earth now?' I asked, my eyebrows raised as a playful smile formed on my lips.

Kol gave me a glare as he dipped his head under the water. The lake was silent as I waited, knowing exactly what he was going to do so, in preparation, I lifted myself up using the water so that it looked as though I was actually standing on the surface of the lake. Kol's face suddenly appeared beside my foot, looking up at me with an unimpressed expression. 'You still impressed?' I asked in a sweet voice.

'That's cheating.'

'I didn't realize that we were playing a game.'

Kol smirked as he grabbed my ankles, causing me to fall backwards; arms flailing, into the water.

Once I had resurfaced, I tried to swim away, yet Kol's arms snaked around my waist, pulling him against me. I laughed as I tried to use my powers to help get me out of his grip, yet I wasn't focused enough. 'Your magic's no use when you're distracted,' Kol whispered into my ear once I had stopped thrashing around.

I felt my cheeks warm as I started to focus more on the touch of Kol's arms under my top; the warm and tingly sensation. 'I'm not distracted,' I argued. 'I just know that I'll end up getting myself instead of just you.' But, even through my tone, I knew I was lying.

'So it's not because you can't stop thinking about my arms around you?' My eyes widened at the thought that he could read my mind.

I cleared my throat as Kol slowly turned me round in his arms so that our faces were a few inches apart. He took away one of his arms from me; the other still wrapped around my waist, to tuck a lose strand of hair behind my ear; his eyes drifting over my face before he wiped a droplet of water from my lips.

I felt my head drop in embarrassment at the proximity though Kol's hand underneath it made me look back up. My eyes fluttered shut as his lips brushed against mine; a different kind of spark to my powers shooting through my body as he moved his hand from my chin to my cheek; his other hand tightening round my waist.

I slowly placed my hands on his shoulders, feeling my body relax as his lips moved against mine; his tongue tracing over my bottom lip. Despite what I had seen of Kol: the temper; the charmer; the vampire; this was not what I had expected. He was so sweet; every touch that he made was so sweet and caring that I still couldn't believe that it was him that I was kissing.

I felt my arms subconsciously wrap themselves around his neck, pulling him closer, as he continued to move his lips against mine; his tongue brushing against mine. It was only when I began to feel breathless that I pulled away; Kol's forehead leaning against mine.

We stayed like that; in silence, for a while; both of us trying to understand what had happened. It was when it started to rain that we both pulled away and looked up though the sun was still out.

'Oh god...' There was a humongous bubble above us, letting little droplets fall onto us as though it really was raining.

'I think you definitely have sussed water out,' Kol laughed causing me to look back at him with an astounded smile on my lips. 'Proves my methods of teaching definitely beat my brothers,' he said with a smirk as he pressed another kiss to my lips.

'Then maybe we should move to something else?'

Kol smiled. 'Or perhaps we could take the rest of the day off,' he said; his smile turning to a smirk.

'Or...' I said as an idea popped into my head. Once again, I focused on the water, using my previous moment with Kol to fuel my magic which, strangely enough, made it easier. I lifted both me and Kol onto the surface of the water, as though we were standing on the ground.

I took his hand with a smile on my face before pulling him to the center of the lake where we both sat; the sun high above us.

Hours went by as we lay there; my head and hand on his chest; his arm wrapped around me as we talked like the previous night. We watched the sun move across the sky; no clouds to block its light, until the day became night; my body feeling the chill from the lack of sunlight.

By that time, I was completely worn out. I felt Kol lift me into his arms; my magic still working so that he could walk across the lake.

I felt Kol delicately strip me of my big top before he pulled back the covers of my bed and placed me underneath; a warm and lingering kiss left on my head before he left. Though I slept in a semi-dry bikini, I had never had such a good nights sleep.

Three weeks to go and only two powers to master.

Hey guys - hope you enjoyed it! I made it extra long with a little romance as I know I might not be able to post another chapter for a long time! But, if I can, I'm going to try and post one every Sunday!

Don't forget to comment and vote guys!

Much love <3

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

2.2K 55 20
In the beginning their family was human. Over a thousand years ago they were just like everyone else, a family trying to survive when it was difficul...
6.2K 156 19
Alexandria back her home town mystic falls to help her old friend Stefan to help save her so call best friend Elena Gilbert. Know was supposed to fin...
223K 5.3K 40
"you saved me" ∆ ∆ ∆ Life has never been simple for Kaitlyn Paige. From the very beginning of her youth she has known pain. After the mysterious dea...
27.3K 600 59
After losing her adoptive parents, she gets adopted by some distant relatives of said adoptive parents. They lived in the town of Mystic Falls. Eve...