The Hunger Games: A change In...

By bucsfan9737

*Okay so this is a sequel to my book called a change in heart * so don't read this unless you read my first o... More

A change in mind (sequel to a change in heart)
Chapter 1
chapter 2 cato pov!
chapter 3
Authors note
Chapter 4
Cover Voting!!
Chapter 5 cato pov!!!
chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8 cato pov!!
chapter 9
Authors note : Watty awards!!!
Another authors note
chapter 10 sam pov!!
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 cato pov!!
Chapter 13
Chapter 15 Cato Pov!!!
Authors note: Hunger games tralier!!
Chapter 16
Authors note
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Authors Note
Authors note part 2
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Authors note
Chapter 24
Guess who's back...back again

Chapter 14

18.1K 507 108
By bucsfan9737

Authors note: Warning! This chapter is going to be short due to my lack of inspiration and huge writers block. I haven't update because I really haven't wanted to write when I was unmotivated. Hopefully my motivation returns so you guys can get the chapters you deserve....  I did switch up the original characters districts to different ones and I am leaving out tributes. So please don’t comment saying Brutus isn't that district because you know what? It's MY fan fiction.... other than that I hope you guys like this short and terrible chapter :) 

This is a Katniss pov though

Enjoy :) 

The interviews are starting. This year the new rules snow has presented is stated that the interviews would happen before the private session and you could tell that Ceasar is upset. He loved to question them and get hints on what they were going to see in the field.  Ceasar seemed a little off beat. He isn't his usual I-will-help-you-out-a-little-since-your-probably-going-to-die. Instead it is more like the your-going-to-have-to-manage-this-by-yourself look. First came district 1's boy tribute, Brutus. A huge looking guy. He seemed...dangerous.... He was obviously pulling the I’m a tough guy look. His interview went by in a breeze. The girl tribute, Chloe, who won her games at the age of 17 and she is now 28. She won by backstabbing her only ally right in the end. I probably won’t be teaming up with her.

Then district 2's tributes came. Xavier, age 26, who won the games at 12 (the first to have done that) was acting as if he didn’t care about anything. He managed to pull it off and got a hearty applause. The girl tribute, Laurie, seemed about seventeen. She won the hunger games at fifteen, and seems to be stronger than ever. She will be a problem. 

The interviews started off fast and now were dragging. The last interview, from the girl from district 3 took forty-five minutes to do. District 4 was now on. Finnick was charming. He made the crowd laugh with ease and the women threw their selves at him. He wasn't enjoying it. You could see it in his eyes. Fear. Then came Georgie who turned out to be Finnick sister. She was gorgeous, tall, tan, blonde, greenish blue eyes she was the freaking entire package. The guys noticed this, staring to long. But when I looked over at Cato all he was looking at was me. The blood rushes to my cheeks. I found an interest in looking at the ground. I could still feel him staring. I turn my attention back to the interviews.

It was another hour or two before it was finally Cato’s turn. He sits down in the chair and looks directly into the camera. I suck in my breath.

(Flashback)

*"So are you going to win this for some special girl back home?” Cesar asked Cato. He looked down He wasn't ready for this question.

"Well no. I'm not sure going to win the games at all." Cato whispers.

"Oh really? Why not?" Cesar says very interested.

"Because if I win, the girl I’m falling in love with loses" He looks down blush all over his cheeks. I sucked in my breath. Did he mean me?

"Oh that's rotten luck. Is this girl from your District perhaps? Clove?" I hear clove laugh.

"No.... she's not from my District.”

"Well spill the beans. We are all dying to know. Right?" he says to the audience. They scream and clap cheering on Cato to reveal his secret. By now the girl tributes were mumbling to each other, trying to figure out who it was.

"The girl that I can't get out of my head, trust me I tried-" the audience laughs giving Cato more confidence. He looks straight in to the camera, knowing that I'm watching, determination in his eyes.

"Is Katniss Everdeen."

I felt the whole world gasp at this. I smiled.*

(End of flash back)

I gasp, because i held my breath for so long. I pull my hands up to my face. I look up to see a few tributes staring at me.

"What are you looking at?" I snap. All heads drop except for three. Finnick, Sam and Brutus continued to stare. Finnick and Sam both seemed concerned but I shook them off what was bothering me was Brutus. He was smirking at me, looking me over like I was the last piece of food in the entire world and he was starving. I hadn't noticed that Cato’s entire interview was over. I see Finnick whisper something to Cato when he came into my room. Cato's eyes widen and searched the room for me. When they rested on me his eyes seem to soften, though the concern still evident on his face. Finnick whispers something more. Cato's eyes harden as his entire appetence goes stiff. His expression was scary as I see him look at Brutus who was still checking me out like a creep. Cato moves aside from Finnick and storms over to Brutus.

"What's your problem bro?" Cato yells at Brutus. Brutus who seems excited at the fact that Cato came over looks around the room. I didn’t know what he was doing till I see Cato stumble back in pain. Brutus looked to see if any peace keepers were around and then punched Cato in the nose.

"Don't mess with me kid... I’m not someone you want to mess with." Brutus says firmly. I gasp, jogging to Cato, who has blood dripping from his lower lip. Cato, who is livid steps forward, Brutus matching him. I step in between them and face Cato.

“You’re better than him. Let's go." I plead tugging on his shoulder. He seems to hear me and move but doesn't take his eyes off Brutus. I feel Brutus place his hands on my waist and pull me away from Cato and back to him. He wrapped his arms around me, hugging me from behind.

"Where you going fire girl? I was done with that wimp but I never said I was done with you." I remembered that fire girl was Cato’s nickname for me. Cato who had taken a moment to process my current situation heard him say that a snapped back. He saw how uncomfortable I was in Brutus arms. Cato's eyes glinted murderously. His expression was something I couldn't decipher, his whole body rigid. I have never seen him so angry.

"Let her go." Cato says through clenched teeth.

"What if I don't want to?" Brutus says tauntingly. Cato steps forward, pulling his fist back. I see Finnick and Sam step in between us three. Finnick grabbing Cato’s fist and Sam put his hand on Cato’s shoulder.

"Don't do it." Sam says. Cato's angry expression breaks for a split second as he takes in Sam. He looked completely confused but drops his arm but that doesn't stop his anger. Brutus lets me go when   a peace keeper walks in. Cato quickly wipes the blood from his lip.

"Katniss Everdeen. Ceasar is ready for you.... NOW!" He says when I didn't move fast enough. I rush to the stage not able to look back at the scene behind me. It was time to give Cato a little hint.

Authors note next chapter will be a cato pov. Comment! Vote! Fan! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 37 200
This is a book two, the first one can be found on my profile page because I can't remember what it's called! Enjoy!
101K 3.7K 33
This is the sequel to my book, 'Love, hope and sorrow'. I hope you'll like this as much as you liked the first two books. Katniss is still missing a...
153K 4.3K 39
Here is the sequel to "A Road Trip To Remember (Katniss and Peeta Story)" I hope you all like it! If you didn't read the original it is in my prof...
8.9K 163 29
(this is the sequel to "toast" so I suggest reading that one first if you haven't yet) after what happened, Peeta and Katniss go back to 12, hoping t...