An 18-Year-Old Teen Who Becam...

Par HyodouToshiro42

A college student who is just living a normal life met an upper-class woman by one year who will change his l... Plus

Chapter I: First Day
Chapter II: A Forgotten Past
Chapter III: A Trip Down Memory Lane
Chapter IV: Unexpected Turn Of Events
Chapter V: The Other Side Of The Coin
Chapter VI: A Stride For One's Faith
Chapter VII: A Curse Awakened
Chapter VIIS: Debt Paid In Full
Chapter VIII: Family
Chapter IX: The Tables Have Turned
Chapter X: The Aftermath
Chapter XI: The Lovers Contract
Chapter XII: A Love That Is Protected
Chapter XIII: Aggressive Dancers
Chapter XIV: False Hopes
Chapter XV: Unfaithful Motives
Chapter XVI: Hunting Clues
Chapter XVII: No Time To Lose
Chapter XVIII: Reconcilement Of The Past
Chapter XIX: A Talk Between Hosts
Chapter XX: A Tale To Be Told
Chapter XXI: Entering Hell's Playground
Chapter XXII: Meeting The Crew
Chapter XXIII: Hoist The Sails
Chapter XXIV: Sailing Halfway Across The World
Chapter XXV: A Promise To Be Remembered
Chapter XXVI: Under New Management
Chapter XXVII: Operation: Extravaganza
Chapter XXVIII: A New Leader Is Born
Chapter XXX: Such Sudden Events
Chapter XXXI: You'll Be Safe Here
Chapter XXXII: One Happy Reunion
Chapter XXXIII: Only Time Will Tell
Chapter XXXIV: The Struggle Of Being A Leader
Chapter XXXV: The Art Of War Part I
Chapter XXXVI: The Art Of War Part II
Chapter XXXVII: Put A Cherry On Top
Chapter XXXVIII: This Is For You My Love
Chapter XXXIX: Reunited Once More
Chapter XL: Year Of The Optimistic

Chapter XXIX: A New Leader Is Born Part II

2 0 0
Par HyodouToshiro42

William

As we sailed near the Atlantic Ocean, we already saw the clouds ravaging across the sea. I commanded the men to weigh all sails and prepare for the incoming hurricane.

"Sir! Are you sure we're to survive this?" Chase asked.

"L-Let's hope for the best we do." I replied.

"SHIT! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!" Rhett exclaimed so I slapped him on the back of his head.

"Shut up you'll make them panic."

"HOW DO YOU NOT EXPECT THEM TO PANIC WHEN WE'RE SAILING IN A GODDAMN RAVAGING HURRICANE?!?!?!"

"Cause I'll take the helm, can we switch sir?" I asked my helmsman.

"Aye sir not a problem, it would be wonderful to see you behind her once again." He replied.

"Much obliged, now let's face her with all of our courage!!"

"AYE!!!"

We sailed with the tides and it pushed us towards the ravaging hurricane full of rogue waves and simultaneous water spouts just to go to England.

"AGGHHHHHH!!!" They all shouted.

"Brace yourselves men!" I commanded.

After hours of battling against the wind and tides, the hurricane has finally passed and nightfall has struck the skies. A calm tide propelled us to our way to England then hoisted our sails gently to have the wind help the calm tides take us to our destination. As the night sky starts to fall and the morning light glimmers along the horizons, I saw land from the distance with my spyglass so I woke up my crew to be ready for port then hoisted the Red Ensign and safely docked on the port of Bristol.

"THE PIER, OH THANK GO-" Then he vomits on the sea.

"Ugh, you'll kill all the fish with your nasty vomit." I said

"Shut the fuck up William, you're the one who-" He kept vomiting on the sea.

"What he meant is you're the one who took this job and had all of us cross THE FUCKING ATLANTIC WITH A RAGING STORM NEARBY-" Chase vomited along with Rhett.

I sighed. "Get these men buckets, a cold grog, and fruits that's full of citrus."

"Aye sir."

I kicked them and held their clothing. "Look at the horizon mates!"

"AGH FUCK YOU WILL DON'T YOU DARE DROP US." Rhett exclaimed.

"Oh you're getting heavier and heavier I can't -"

"AGHHH PLEASE GOD NO!! WILLIAM!!" Chase said.

They begged and begged so I finally lift them up. "Feel better?" I asked.

The second that I noticed, they pushed me off the pier. "Deserved you son of a bitch!" Rhett exclaimed.

"WHAT THE HELL?!?!"

"How's the taste of our belches captain?" Chase said.

"FUCKING HORRIBLE!!!" I replied.

They both laughed till their breaths ran out. "Help me out of here, you two weren't thinking. How am I supposed to meet with the governor with soaking wet clothes filled with your fucking vomits?!"

"Go change captain, we'll escort the governor to the Pearl."

So they left the pier while I changed my clothes, a few minutes later they met with the harbormaster.

"Sir may we ask where is the governor?" Rhett asked.

"What do you mean by that young man?" The harbormaster replied.

"Uh the assigned governor of Jamaica sir." Chase said.

"Are you looking for me?" A man asked.

They both turned around and saw a man dressed as a respectable gentleman, with a woman beside him who seemed to be the man's relative.

"Excuse me? Are you the assigned governor of Jamaica?" Rhett asked to him.

"Why yes but not all of Jamaica is under my control." He replied.

"Name's Rhett sir and here's my companion Chase."

"A pleasure to meet you sir." Chase said.

"I'm Governor Edward Reed and right beside me is my daughter Jennifer, we're obliged to meet you Captain Rhett and Chase." He replied.

"O-Oh no I'm not the captain governor, I'm just the quartermaster and advisor to the captain."

"The captain is changing his clothes after he clumsily slipped off our vessel and into the sea."

"Ah I see, he must be careful next time. Anyway where is your vessel?" The governor asked.

"Its the black ship over there." Rhett pointed to it. "We should go governor, the captain's waiting."

"Let's go Jennifer." He said to his daughter.

"Yes father."

Sir Edward and Jennifer embarked aboard the Black Pearl, when the crew saw Jennifer, they were dazed and lost for words when they saw her gorgeous physique. I heard all their chatting outside my quarters until someone knocked on my doors, it was Rhett along with the governor and his daughter.

"Captain, here's Governor Reed with his daughter Jennifer." Rhett said.

"It's a pleasure finally meeting you Captain?"

"William, William Villanueva governor. I'm obliged to meet you as well." I replied.

"Oh beside me is my daughter, Jennifer say hello."

She blushes. "H-Hello."

"Hi."

"I'm truly sorry for my quarters isn't luxurious as it seems." I said.

"It's fine, I'm not into luxurious items myself but your vessels seems to be quite worn captain." He replied.

"Ah a month or two ago we were peppered by cannon fire by a Treasure Galleon that belonged to the Spaniards, and with little money we fixed what could be fixed so she does look worn. We also recently survived a raging hurricane in the Atlantic to get here."

"Seems you've had a harsh road to roam, or sea to be exact."

"I lost two men in that storm, I pay my condolences to them." I wept inside.

"As do I captain, but once you see the death of someone you've seen it all, that's what they say about life."

"I agree governor."

"I have some connections in France, maybe they can help you repair you vessel for a low price." He offered.

"I'm grateful for the offer governor but seems like I don't have much money with me at the moment." I replied.

"I see, I'll cover for your expenses on this trip don't worry about it." He assured.

There was another knock on my door. "Captain I'm sorry for interrupting your conversation with the governor but what's our next heading captain?" Rhett asked.

"We're heading for France, hoist the sails and weigh anchors we're leaving at this moment." I commanded.

"Aye captain."

"Decided to take my offer captain?" Edward wondered.

"My vessel is in need of an upgrade but I won't abuse your offer to me governor."

"By the way, for the nights to come would you offer Jennifer your quarters? She likes it spacious and if so, will you let her use your bed for a while until we get to Kingston?" He requested.

"That would be fine for me, I don't use my bed as much anyways." I replied.

I've heard the anchors being raised and sails being hoisted, I guess it's time for us to leave Bristol so I requested the governor to come outside to inhale the fresh air of the seas. I regretted to give him that offer afterwards realizing that my crew haven't taken a fresh bath for the last month, so I had him look at the great view that the oceans have to offer.

"This is bothering me for a bit, how old are you captain?" He asked.

"I'm only seventeen years old sir, I may seem too young to be captain of this vessel but I manage. Why do you ask governor?" I replied.

"I was just curious and you have the same age as my daughter, the one who entrusted you on this position had a great choice."

"Someone did entrust me for this position, at first I declined because I knew to myself before that I couldn't lead these men on my own."

"Who might that be?" He asked.

"He's a dear friend of mine, he was the first captain of the Black Pearl... until that day when he can't perform his duties anymore." I replied.

"Is he dead?"

"Oh no, he's in a hospital somewhere back in my country I just don't know where."

"I see."

We continued chatting until the sun have set on to the horizons and nightfall was about to begin, I prepared my quarters for Lady Jennifer to sleep in and a hammock for the governor. After dinner, there were chatters in the lower decks while I wrote of our journey in my journal then the governor saw me.

"Writing on your journal captain?"

"Yes, it's just to keep track what have we've been doing for the past months and years." 

"Your journal's almost full and your ink's almost empty." He said.

"Ah, I really never had the time to browse for a new journal and ink." I replied.

"I must rest now captain, so should you. A growing man should have enough rest if he were to be leading his men in the coming days."

"You go on ahead, I still got to finish my journal."

He nodded then laid down on the hammock to have some rest after a long day, his daughter Jennifer also went to bed afterwards and I went to the lower decks to get something to drink then went up to the bow of the ship just to see the beautiful waters on a cold night and I saw Rhett right beside me.

"Evening captain, why are you up so late?" He asked.

"Just admiring the view and I couldn't get a goodnight's sleep." I replied.

"Hmm, the governor and his daughter are occupying your quarters yes?"

"I only plan to sleep on my chair or even lay on my desk."

We both sighed. "How many months have we been together?" He asked.

"Nearer eighteen months or so, ever since the beginning of meeting you in that port." I replied.

"Yeah it has been that long ever since, so what do you think of Miss Reed?"

"Hm, she seems nice, pretty, and a well-mannered person." 

"And I thought you were going to talk about how big her breasts were." He laughed.

"Oh shut the fuck up, you know I'm not that kind of person." I replied.

"Nope, but you will be someday if you found the right woman for you."

"I'm too young for those kinds of relationships, plus I don't think I'm ready."

"A man who leads hundreds of men into fame and fortune isn't ready to have a single betrothed." He chucked. "You're getting older William, so does the world so I'd rather find a woman now than let the world end herself."

What a damned advice...

"I'll be taking my rest, you should too." He said.

"I will." I replied.

He left as soon as he came and so I did went back to my quarters to find the Governor and his daughter resting peacefully. I sat on my chair then took a shut-eye for a few hours, when I woke up it was already morning and I've been hearing chatters outside the door. So I went out and said good morning to the people outside.

"Good morning captain." They said.

"Good morning mates." I replied.

I saw the Governor at the helm. "Morning captain, I guess you finally had a good night's sleep after for so long?"

 "Best sleep I've had ever since I was back home."

"You deserved it captain, anyway when we're in the English Channel we'll be sailing to a town called "Le Havre." My acquaintance will be waiting for us at the port." He said.

"How many weeks would you think it'll take for us to get there?" I asked.

"Two weeks, three at the most." He replied. "Then reaching Jamaica would take at least a month but I hope we got time."

"We really couldn't extend too much time for we don't have the luxury for it, and they do need a new governor in Port Royal sir."

"I know that but I just wanted to do something for you and your crew, think of it as a gift when we have reached France."

Two to three weeks later... 

We've reached the ports of Le Havre after two or three weeks, I've lost the tracks of time ever since I've spent countless nights staying up to be alert of raids caused by pirates in the area. I met up with the governor and his acquaintance at the ports and thought to say hello.

"Ah captain, allow me to introduce Mr. Archambault." The governor said.

"Bonjour, it is nice to finally nice to meet you captain?" He asked for my name.

"Bonjour Monsieur Archambault, je suis le capitaine William Villanueva et voici mon équipage, nous sommes obligés de vous accueillir dans votre pays." I replied.

"Ahh." He chuckled. "You speak French Monsieur Villanueva?"

"Only a little bit, I cannot exhaust myself from thinking what words I could say next."

"You sure are full of surprises Captain Villanueva, come follow us at a tavern nearby." The governor said.

Rhett came up to me. "Just how many languages can you speak?" He asked.

"About four." I replied.

"Holy shit."

"I know right?" I chuckled and tapped his back.

We followed them to a nearby tavern after our small introductions then met more of Mr. Archambault's colleagues, they said their names were Mr. Beaufort, Mr. Blanc, Mr. Chastain, and Mr. Lacroix.

"Good morning to you all." I said.

"Now Monsieur Archambault and his colleagues will help you and your crew improve your vessel since Monsieur Beaufort here owns a drydock and a shipwright." The governor replied.

"I'll make preparations as well as a blueprint for the future design of your vessel if I may." Mr. Beaufort said.

"Actually I have the past blueprints in my quarters, you may use that as your draft for the upgrades of our vessel."

"Ah splendid, bring it to me later by the shipwright."

"Monsieur Blanc here is a arms dealer, he'll show you some of his finest weapons and sell it to you for a fair price." The governor said.

"A smuggler of sorts?" I asked.

"No no, I do not deal with illegal purchases for weapons but I am also a blacksmith, I can craft weapons that'll suit your purposes." Mr. Blanc replied.

"Ah merci Monsieur Blanc, je vous rendrai visite plus tard."

"Vous avez mes salutations, capitaine."

"Monsieur Chastain and Lacroix are both arms dealers as well but they solely focus on the upgrades that you'll have on your vessel." The governor said.

"Nos profondes excuses, capitaine, car nous ne sommes pas habitués à la langue anglaise, mais nous ferons en sorte que votre navire reçoive les meilleures améliorations." They both said.

"J'attends avec impatience vos améliorations pour mon vaisseau messieurs." I replied.

I went back to the ship after our friendly chatter to each other then grabbed the blueprints of the Black Pearl and handed it to Mr. Beaufort.

"Merci Monsieur Villanueva, will you please move your ship to the drydock so I could do the planning?" He requested and so I shall move her to the drydocks. I honestly don't know why he was shocked after seeing my ship in person.

"I-Is this her?? L-Le Silhouette?" He asked.

"Her name's the Black Pearl, she had three different captains with me being the third." I replied.

"I've heard the news she once raided a large French Merchant Vessel then killed her crew with no quarter."

"I-I was there when that happened but I wasn't the one who would order such tyranny."

"ALORS QUI L'A FAIT?! IL A TUÉ LES GENS QUI NAVIGUENT AUTOUR DU MONDE POUR GAGNER LEUR VIE. ET VOUS, LES PIRATES, VOUS VOUS DITES HONNÊTES ET VRAIS HOMMES ALORS QUE VOUS AVEZ RUINÉ LA VIE D'AUTRES PERSONNES ET QUE LEURS FAMILLES ATTENDENT TOUJOI left the drydocks to visit URS LEUR RETOUR À LA MAISON." He exclaimed.

"Je peux sentir ta colère mon pote, mais c'est du passé et je ne peux rien faire de plus pour toutes ces âmes perdues. Ce que nous pouvons faire pour l'instant, c'est nous concentrer sur le présent et regarder vers l'avenir. C'est ce qu'ils auraient voulu." I replied.

"Vous avez raison, je suis désolé d'avoir perdu mon sang-froid."

"Let's focus on planning what upgrades the vessel will be having alright mate?"

"Aye monsieur, this could take a while so you could visit my other colleagues shops." He said.

"Indeed I will." I replied.

I left the drydocks to visit Monsieur Archambault's shop next which was a haberdashery. I went inside only to see the governor trying out new outfits in the shop.

"William, I didn't see you there. How was the accompaniment at the drydocks?" He asked.

"It was quite well, I left Monsieur Beaufort to do his work." I replied.

"He does like to work quietly and he doesn't do so well when he's being watched." Mr. Archambault said.

"So are you looking for new clothing monsieur?"

"Ah I'm fine with my breeches thank you very much."

"Nonsense, I shall buy for you my treat." The governor said.

"Only if you pick something that suits me then I'll agree." I replied.

So he did found that really suited me. "You look like an admiral now capitaine." Mr. Archambault said.

"I do agree, so will you be taking this?" He asked.

"Umm s-sure." I replied.

The governor paid for the clothing he picked for me and for him and his daughter, I went out to find Monsieur Blanc's shop then I happen to find it right around the corner. I went inside to see so much weaponry that could be provided to the French Navy but I paid no mind to them and said hello to Monsieur Blanc.

"What will you be needing capitaine?" He asked.

"I may need new weapons to replace these sabers and flintlocks." I replied.

"Ah yes, the craftsmanship of these guns and blades are very crude and basic."

"What do you have to offer me monsieur?"

"I have two options for you sire." He showed me the two pairs of flintlocks.

"Here we have a Lorenzoni Flintlock which is a repeater flintlock and on the other we have a French Dragoon Flintlock that was made in 1733 and was used by our French Military during the day." He said.

I held them both in my hand. "They seem perfect for me but what's the difference between the two?" I asked.

"The Lorenzoni which is a repeater can hold up to a few rounds while the French Dragoon is just like any normal flintlock but both have great accuracy I should say, it depends on you which would you pick."

"I'd take the one that isn't that hard to maintain."

"The Dragoon it is monsieur, shall we move on to swords?"

"Yes please." I said.

"Looking above you are my greatest works, pick whatever you like." He replied.

I observed for a few minutes then finally found the one. "Do ye have a pair of those?"

"Which one?"

"Those rapiers." I pointed.

"Ah, quite odd for you to equip a pair of rapiers. This weapon's only for a single-hand use I don't understand why you need two." He said.

"I've always liked to keep my hands busy, but as some say double the trouble." I replied.

"I really don't understand you monsieur, you're a complicated man."

I chuckled. "Maybe I am, anyway may I ask you to build this certain weapon for me?"

"Do you have its plans monsieur?" He asked.

"Aye it's right here." I handed it to him.

"Hmm, what a complicated design." He chuckled. "I like it, gives me challenges constructing such a weapon."

"What is the duration for this project?" I asked.

"A week or two I suppose, I still need to gather materials for the other parts of the blade. I'll send a message when the blades are ready monsieur so for now, visit Monsieur Lacroix and Chastain."

"That I will do."

I left the general store to find Monsieur Chastain and Lacroix, then when I realized it they were walking right in front of me. I called their attention and they noticed me.

"Monsieur Lacroix et Monsieur Chastain, les hommes que je cherchais. Je suis prêt à voir les armes que vous avez à offrir pour mon navire." I said.

"Nous étions sur le point d'aller voir notre capitaine de boutique, rejoignez-nous." Lacroix replied.

"Oui, je vais le faire."

It was a twenty minute walk to their shop and when I got there, I saw a lot of products such as cannons, gunpowder, round shots, and other kinds of weapons needed in a warship.

"Quelles armes souhaitez-vous transporter dans votre vaisseau capitaine?" Chastain asked.

"Tout d'abord les canons, je veux qu'ils soient tous de vingt-quatre livres bien sûr pour plus de puissance de feu, pour l'armure de la coque je veux que mon navire soit plaqué de fer pour plus de durabilité, bien que tout cela ajoute du poids à mon navire, j'aimerais donc ajouter dix rames qui sont destinées à un navire marchand à galère. J'aimerais donc ajouter dix avirons pour un navire marchand à galères, peut-être aussi un blindage en fer sur les mâts pour une protection supplémentaire, puis un mortier pour tirer sur les ennemis à longue distance, et enfin un bélier dense pour une dernière ligne d'attaque dans un combat frontal contre un navire ennemi." I replied.

"Nous ferons ce que vous demandez, capitaine." Lacroix said.

"Avant que j'oublie, assurez-vous d'agrandir notre espace de chargement en bas." I added.

"Oui capitaine."

I left their shop to finally get some rest in the tavern, the others drank downstairs while the others crew members did their business with "women." Anyway fast forward to two weeks later, my vessel was seventy-five percent complete and I checked that she'd plated with iron-plating on the hull like how I wanted it to be, has twenty-four pounder cannons on each broadside, I also see that they're mounting the mortar I requested and crafting the ten oars for my ship. There's still a lot missing for my vessel such as the reconstruction of the cargo hold and my battering ram, I met up with the governor along with Monsieur Archambault.

"How's your vessel looking captain?" The governor asked.

"She's beautiful governor, and more deadly." I replied.

"She can now handle the storm and the shots that rained down upon her." Archambault said.

"Well I know nothing about that, she still can't withstand fifty-six cannons coming from a man o' war."

"It's true, she'd be a kindling against one so best to avoid them at all cost."

"By the way, I've heard from Lacroix and Chastain that you wanted sweeps for your Galleon, they're only for ships called Galleys so why do you want one?" Archambault asked.

"As an emergency tool I could use if I were to be running towards or away from the enemy and if there was no wind, we'd row towards our destination." I explained.

"Ahh I see, but I've also heard you wanted a dense ram is that right?"

"Aye, as a line of offense against an opponent. I'd also want her to be durable for a fight and powerful enough to take down a ship and as you can see, this is the result."

"It would be unusual seeing a merchant taking down pirates and making a profit out of it." The governor said.

"We're not only merchants governor, we can be pirate hunters as well if there's a job offered for us."

"Another week and she shall be completed Monsieur Villanueva, then you can escort our dear governor here in his rightful place in the Caribbean." Archambault said.

"Aye I shouldn't waste anymore time here in France, although I'd like to visit some time soon." I replied.

"Let's take a walk captain, there's something I'd like to discuss with you."

"Aye sir."

We took a walk around the town. "So, what are your plans after this? I mean after we went our separate ways?" The governor asked.

"Well first I would go back to Tortuga and manage the plantation I owned in the place, then sell her merchandise to other merchants in the Caribbean for a fair price. All in a day's work as they say for I could continue this another year until I venture back to my country." I replied.

"Ah I see, you said back there you could be pirate hunters if people hired you to be one?"

"If they pay a good sum of reales I'd take the job, pirate hunting's a dangerous job and on par with being a damned pirate scourging the seas."

"Yet these pirates used to be honest men trying to make their way in the world with honest work and pay, how would you fare if you showed no mercy to these pirates and killed them in cold blood?" He asked.

"I'd rather choose a different approach governor, I'd capture them alive then turn them into the authorities, they'll choose the punishment fit for these men and they shall pay for their crimes. That's how I'll do it." I explained.

"Hmm valid points."

"But in a world without gold, they might've been heroes to those who seek the power of currency."

We walked and walked for a few more minutes without having a word to each other then we found Jennifer with Rhett nearby the tavern.

"Hello father, I see that you're back." She said

"Jennifer, umm mister?"

"Medina governor my last name's Medina, I was accompanying your daughter around the market to buy something." Rhett replied.

"I see that my daughter is safe, I thank you Mr. Medina for being her chaperone."

The governor and his daughter went inside while I went into my room to write the things that happened for the past days, and fast forward again to one week later the ship's finally finished and she looks magnificent.

"Captain are you satisfied with the results of your plans for the ship?" The governor asked.

"Aye sir, it might be embarrassing to say but I thank ye for footing the bill governor." I replied.

"It was no worries, now lets get her off that dry dock and head to the Caribbean."

"We've extended too much time now, the folks at Kingston will be thinking we're almost there."

We got the Pearl out of the dry dock and into the sea once more, she was looking more of a warship than a normal one with added weight on her hull and better firepower.

"Monsieur Villanueva!!" Monsieur Blanc exclaimed.

"Yes?" I hopped to the pier. "What is it?" I asked.

"The blades you've requested, you nearly forgot about them."

"Aye I have, thank you for reminding me."

I tested the blades out. "Ah the sensitivity of the triggers are just right, you outdid yourself Monsieur Blanc." I said

"It's all in a day's work Monsieur, all you now need is those bracers and I requested Monsieur Archambault's assistance beforehand." Monsieur Blanc replied.

"These are adjustable monsieur, wear them and adjust it so that'll suit your purposes." Archambault said. "By the way, there's a some sort of lever or mechanism or whatever you may call it will help you activate the blades with more ease."

"Thank you Monsieur, to all of you. But we must be going and I don't know when I'll be visiting again."

"May the wind guide you on your way back capitaine and safe travels for all of you." Blanc said..

I ordered the crew to hoist the sails and weigh the anchors, we sailed away Le Havre then finally on the way to cross the Atlantic Ocean. A few hours have passed since we left France so the governor approach me to have chat.

"How are you feeling captain?" He asked.

"I felt like my nose was bleeding for the past couple weeks because of those people speaking French." I replied.

He laughed. "I'm amazed you were able to hold out for this long."

"Learning French was a complicated language but I managed to get through it."

"Anyway, are you anticipated to already use your cannons captain?"

"Not really but I do hope I get the chance." I said.

He saw a ship nearby. "There's your chance captain."

I got my spyglass to see the horizon he pointed, there was a ship flying no colors and she was the size of a brig but I sense something bad about her crew.

"Have them come then."

"DOUSE THE GALLANTS AND ROYALS MEN!"

They've weighed the topgallants to lose some speed. "Done sir we're losing speed."

"Now we wait."

We have waited for a while until they got closer and when they did, I ordered the men to steer her hard to port then the gunports at the ready to be fired.

"FIRE!" A direct hit from the bow.

We grabbed the hooks then threw them on the ship to haul her in, its crew gave up easily so we took them to the brig and looted all their plunder.

"Once we reach Kingston we'll hand them to the guards stationed there." I said.

"Wise decision captain, shall we get a move on?" He replied.

"Aye we should, HOIST THEM SAILS LADS WE SHOULDN'T WASTE MORE TIME." I commanded.

We carried on our way to the Caribbean as we should, two weeks passed by and I can't help but to feel someone gazing at me from afar. From every movement I make and every command I shout, I still feel the gaze like it was giving me a stab through the heart every single day. Anyway it was midnight and while I was guarding the ship for any threats or pirates that may attack us, I saw Miss Reed by the bow of the ship.

"Why are you up so late Miss Reed?" I asked.

"Oh, it's you, there's no need for honorifics William, we're the same age anyway." She replied.

"Depending on hierarchy, you're the governor's daughter which is the upcoming governor of Jamaica while I'm only a captain of this ship and my influence doesn't go farther than that."

"Please go straight to the point."

"What I meant about that is I can call you on a honorific." I said.

She chuckled. "By the way, are you always up on a night like this?" She asked.

"Always yeah, cause there might a threat nearby ready to make its move at any moment, even if you're in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, can't be too careful right?" I replied.

"That's really great of you, thinking about your crew, the passengers on board first then yourself."

"Thank you very much, I learned that from experience."

It went silent for a few minutes. "Can I ask you something?" She said.

"What is it?"

"Do you have someone to care for?" She asked

"Back home? Yeah my parents, they loved and supported me on the things I do, even when I joined the camp a year back." I replied.

"No, I meant having a significant other." She clarified.

"Ah no, I rarely have conversations with women like you. I even evaded women because I might say something awkward."

She chuckles. "But you're talking to me normally right?"

"Cause there was a person who helped me confront my fears to speaking to women."

Then I sensed someone listening to our conversation. "Anyway, I may look like that I'm talking to you normally, but on the inside I'm very nervous and would want to walk away already."

Ten minutes passed by as we were admiring the ambience of the night sky. "Hey, William." She said.

"Yes?"

"C-Can I be your partner i-in l-life?" She asked and I was shocked. "W-What?"

"I'm the perfect one for you right?"

"I cannot really determine that, we've only been with each other for like one or two months."

"Isn't that long enough? For these past two months I've learned to know you better." She said.

"T-This is just so sudden that I don't know how to respond." I replied.

"Just say yes William, I'll be really happy if you do."

"J-Jennifer, l-love is way more complicated than you think, and you can't just force a person to love you all of the sudden."

"You've only known me for two months and grew fond of me I know, but love isn't a simple thing really. If you really loved me, I hope you'll love me for who I really am and not the way I only act, you may know me on how the way I act as the captain of a ship, but the truth is, I'm just a seventeen-year-old teen who's nothing but a loser who acts tough and always being bullied, do you really want me? Who can't protect you when a time comes that I couldn't reach you or be there for you? Or is too weak to even drive away the ones that want to be yours?"

""I, really love you Will, I do; I'll do anything to be yours, e-even give you my first." She starts to loosen her sleeves starting to her shoulders.

"Stop, you don't have to go that far just for me." I said.

"I'll give it to you because I love you so much, please be with me, I won't make you cry and hurt you like those other girls." She replied.

"I-It's not something so easily to give Miss Jennifer, you should give it to someone that will love you back."

She threw a slap across my face. "Why? Why won't you just accept that I love you?" She wept afterwards.

"I-I'm sorry, but I can't do this, I'm not ready to handle the responsibility of having a lover. I do appreciate and accept your love for me but I'm sorry that I cannot give it back." I explained.

"At least I tried, right?"

"Y-Yes, you did, but I know that there's someone better for you out there somewhere."

"If there's no one better for me, will you come back?" She asked.

"I can't promise anything but, I'll try." I replied.

"I hope you'll come back." I walked away and went to the lower decks.

"Why'd you reject her?" Rhett asked.

"AGH! You goddamned scared me!" I replied.

"Answer the question."

"I-I just felt she wasn't the right one for me."

"How the hell could you feel it? You haven't even been together yet." He said.

"Instincts? I guess?" I also wondered.

"I'm going to get a drink."

"Alright then, let me move out of the way."

I got my drink then took a rest in the cabin after a long day in the seas, I still pondered about the words she said back there thinking if I made a mistake or was it just right to reject her. Few weeks later, we've reached Jamaica safely and the harbormaster paid us four thousand and five hundred reales while the rest of the crew handed the pirates to the authorities then they received a good amount of reales. We were about to leave when suddenly Jennifer called out for me.

"WILLIAM! FATE WILL HAVE US MEET AGAIN YOU HEAR?! I'LL MEET YOU AGAIN SOMEDAY!!!" She exclaimed.

"HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!!!" I replied.

"I thought you rejected her?" Rhett asked.

"Had to say goodbye to her right? It would be rude not to." 

"You're right, what's our next course captain?"

"Where taverns and brothels bring joy and excitement to your hearts and unquenched thirst." I said.

"Tortuga?" He wondered.

"Tortuga!"

A/N: Hey guys it's been two months or so since I made the last chapter, I'm sorry about that cause I was doing schoolworks and had no time for the chapter. By those times I kind of lost motivation to even to this but luckily it wasn't too late to find it so here's the new chapter I hope you enjoy it because this may be my longest work yet consisting about 5000 plus word count and this chapter is worth of two months so I hope you really enjoy reading this. I also got news of my originally planned book cover is in the works and will be in finished within 2 to 3 weeks and clearly I'm excited for it but we shall see its outcome, BYE FOR NOW!!!

To be continued...

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

61 0 15
after being abused her whole life, bailey meets a boy at a party. will he change her life? or will her past come back to haunt her?
2.5K 62 19
"Please stop! Please." I yell. Why won't he stop. Why is he doing this to me. I've asked him to stop but it's like he can't hear me. "Please Stop! No...
Hunted and Abducted Par Queen Kourt

Roman pour Adolescents

11.2K 315 24
\\THIS IS MY FIRST BOOK. I started writing it forever ago and it's sort of short. So sorry about that.// "So when can I leave," I asked. He took a bi...
95 0 6
This story is about a high school student who kept a 5 year long secret to live an ordinary high school life. One day a certain incident happened in...