๐‡๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐–๐ข๐ง๏ฟฝ...

By DWeber02

"๐…๐ข๐ง๐ ๐Š๐š๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐š ๐‹๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž." Brothers of Winchesters, Sam and Dean, got a voicemail from their father... More

๐€๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ซ'๐ฌ ๐๐จ๐ญ๐ž
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐ˆ
๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐•
๐•
๐•๐ˆ
๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐—
๐—
๐—๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐•
๐—๐•
๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐—
๐—๐—
๐—๐—๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐•
๐—๐—๐•
๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐—
๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ๐•
๐—๐—๐—๐•
๐—๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ๐—
๐—๐‹
๐—๐‹๐ˆ
๐—๐‹๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐„๐ฉ๐ข๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐•
๐•
๐•๐ˆ
๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐—
๐—
๐—๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐•
๐—๐•
๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐—
๐—๐—
๐—๐—๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐•
๐—๐—๐•
๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐—
๐—๐—๐—
๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ๐•
๐—๐—๐—๐•
๐—๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ๐—
๐—๐‹
๐—๐‹๐ˆ
๐—๐‹๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐„๐ฉ๐ข๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐•
๐•
๐•๐ˆ
๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐—
๐—
๐—๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐•
๐—๐•
๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐—
๐—๐—
๐—๐—๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐•
๐—๐—๐•
๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐„๐ฉ๐ข๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
๐‹๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐จ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ

๐—๐—๐—

756 20 18
By DWeber02

Now at Windy City, Sam got a new case for all of his team. A week ago, there was a woman who was brutally attacked in her home without any signs of entry.
When Sam meant brutally, he meant the woman was ripped into pieces. The boys are dressed as the alarm company employees while Karina was being dressed as their manager.

It was Sam's idea to dress her up that way since she's a boss and also because she looked good being a boss for the boys. Karina was dressed up in a black blazer with a pencil skirt, along with high heels. Her flatiron hair is half up and down, leaving the front part of her hair.

As Dean got the toolbox from the trunk, Karina was waiting for him to come as Sam was reading a newspaper again to see if it was the same address. Sam got out of the car, seeing Karina waiting for Dean in her costume.

Karina shook her head, "I can't believe I let you persuade me to let my hair down."

"Hey, we need you to be convincing to our boss. At least your hair is half up."

"Sam, I was the boss. No matter how my hair gets in the way. "

Sam chuckled, and Karina smiled. Dean walked toward them, carrying the toolbox. They all proceed to walk to the apartment. Sam informed, "All right, Dean. This is the place."

"You know, I've got to say Dad and me did just fine without these stupid costumes. I feel like a high-school-drama dork."

Sam chuckled, as Karina got a better look at Dean. She agreed with his opinion. Dean continued, "What was that play that you did? What was it-- Our Town?"

Karina turned to Sam, shocked, "You were in a play?"

"Yeah, he was good. It was cute."

Karina laughed softly. Sam ignored that topic of his past, "Look, you want to pull this off or not?"

"I'm just saying, these outfits cost hard-earned money, ok?"

"Whose?"

"Ours. you think credit card fraud is easy?"

Sam laughed softly as they all headed up to the apartment. When they arrived at the apartment, there was a lady manager showing all of them to the victim's apartment. She opened the door for them.

They all entered, and Karina turned to the woman, "Thank you for letting us look around."

"Well, the police said they were done with the place, so..."

Karina, Sam, and the manager walked in a little further while Dean was checking out the broken chain on the door. He followed them behind. When they walked in, they all saw the white carpet covered with spotted blood everywhere.

"So your boss said that you were with the alarm company?"

Dean answered, "That's right."

"Well, no offense, but your alarm is about as useful as boobs on a man."

Karina was holding her laughter down, while Dean turned to Sam who was grinning also. Dean looked down at the manager, "Well, that's why we're here-- to stop it from happening again."

Dean walked into the living room, investigating the room a little further. Karina looked everywhere to see any sulfur or any window entrance just in case. There were none.

Sam asked the manager, "Now, ma'am, you found the body?"

"Yeah."

"Right after it happened?"

Sam walked toward Karina, she shook her head. The manager continued answering Sam's question, "No. Meredith's work called. She hadn't shown up. I knocked on her door. That's when I noticed... the smell."

Dean asked, "Any windows open? Any sign of break-in?"

"Windows were locked. Front door was bolted. Chain was on the door. We had to cut it to get in."

"And the alarm was still on?"

"Like I said, bang-up job your company is doing."

Karina shrugged, "That's what I kept telling them. Always do your job, isn't that hard?"

The manager hummed in agreement with her opinion. Dean glared at Karina, and she looked at him smirking. Sam was smirking also behind her. Karina cleared her throat, and walked in another direction, "Did you see any furniture overturned, broken glass, any signs of struggle?"

She shook her head, "Everything was in perfect condition... except Meredith."

Sam asked, "What condition was Meredith in?"

"Meredith was all over in pieces. The guy who killed her must have been a whack job. But I tell you, if I didn't know any better, I'd have said a wild animal did it."

The trio exchanged their looks after she said her last line, possibly knowing what did to her.

Sam asked, "Ma'am, you mind if we take some time, to give this place a once-over?"

"Go right ahead. Knock yourself out."

When she left the apartment, the trio went back to their positions in their own way. To figure out what caused her death. Dean opened the toolbox, revealing his EMF meter. He said to Sam who was beside him. "So, a killer walks in and out of the apartment--no weapons, no prints, nothing."

"I'm telling ya, the minute I found the article, I knew this was our kind of gig."

Dean's meter was beeping frantically. "I think I agree with you."

Karina walked around them, looking at the apartment still. Karina asked Dean, "So, you talked to the cops?"

Dean smirked, "Uh, yeah. I spoke to Amy, a charming, perky officer of the law."

"What did she have to say?"

"Well, she's a Sagittarius. She loves tequila. I mean... whew. Oh, and she's got this little tattoo."

Sam and Karina turned to him and yelled at him. In unison, "Dean!"

Dean turned to him, confused, "What? Yeah. Uh, nothing we don't already know. Except for one thing they're keeping out of the papers."

Sam hummed, looking at his meter. Then Dean explained one more thing, "Meredith's heart was missing."

Sam and Karina looked at him, confused. Sam asked, "Her heart?"

"Yeah, her heart."

Dean walked up to them as they both walked Dean. Sam asked another question, "So, what do you think did it to her?"

"Well, the landlady said it looked like an animal attack. Maybe it was. Werewolf?"

Karina shook her head, "No. The lunar cycle is not the right time for that. If it was a creature, I agree with you on that, what was it then? It should leave some kind of trace."

Sam turned to Karina, "It was probably a spirit."

Karina thought for a moment until Dean was looking at the carpet with spotted blood. He seemed to notice something. He mentioned if there was masking tape around. Karina went to the kitchen and found the tape, she gave it to Dean. After she did, Dean went to his knees, connecting all the spots of blood into one thing.

Sam and Karina were watching what he was doing. After a short while, Dean stopped connecting the blood. It came upon all of their eyes, a symbol. A usual symbol that they weren't aware of. Karina has never seen that symbol before in her life, even when she read all the lores. That symbol didn't hit her.

"Ever seen that symbol before?"

"Never."

"Me neither."

"Ditto."

When they went back to their outfits, Karina was still letting her hair down for a moment. Minus the half up. She couldn't be happier to wear her outfit. Her blade is hidden in her jacket pocket of course. No matter what she couldn't leave without it.

Karina was alone at the table while Dean was flirting with the bartender. Karina kept rolling her eyes, as she took a bite of her french fries. Sam entered the bar, looking for them. Karina gave him a signal, he followed her direction.

Sam sat by her, carrying John's journal. They both shared comforting looks at each other. Sam opened the journal, rereading the article until Dean walked up to them at the table. Dean sat down across from them, "I talked to the bartender."

Karina gave him a knowing look, "Did you get anything besides her number on your napkin?"

"Kay, I'm a professional. I'm offended that you would think that."

Karina kept staring at him, waiting for his true answer. Dean gave up as he chuckled, holding up a napkin with the number.

Sam nodded, "You mind doing a little bit of thinking with your upstairs brain, Dean?"

"Huh? Look, there's nothing to find out. I mean, Meredith worked here, she waited tables, everyone here is her friend. Everybody says she's normal. She didn't do or say anything weird before she died, so... What about that symbol? Did you find anything?"

"Nope. Nothing. It wasn't in Dad's journal or in any of the usual books. I just have to dig a little deeper, I guess."

Karina took another fry and looked at Sam, "Maybe it's black magic?"

"Yeah, maybe..."

"There was the first victim you mentioned? Before Meredith?"

Sam pulled out the newspaper clippings and handed them to Dean and Karina. "His name was- his name was Ben Swardstrom. Last month he was found mutilated in his town house. Same deal. The door was locked. The alarm was on."

Dean asked, "Is there any connection between them?"

"Nothing I could tell. Ben was a banker. Meredith was a waitress. They never met, never knew anyone in common. They were practically from different worlds."

"So, to recap, the only successful intel we've scored so far is the bartender's phone number."

"You'll never give up, do you?"

Dean was shaking the napkin still as he chuckled. Karina rolled her eyes as she took her last fry. While Sam notices something behind Dean's back, they both see him looking at something. Dean and Karina were trying to see what he was looking at.

Karina asked, "What is it?"

Sam ignored her and continued walking toward wherever he was going. Dean looked at him, "Sam?" Then he looked at Karina, "What was he looking at?"

"I don't know. Let's find out."

They both saw Sam put his hand on someone's shoulder. The person turned around and saw Sam. It was a blonde pixie cut woman who was smiling widely. She hugged him. Dean and Karina shared a knowingly confused look on each other before they continued walking toward him.

They both overhear the conversion between Sam and the blonde woman. "Well, they're not here right now, but what about you, Meg? I thought you were going to California."

Dean and Karina were behind him, as Meg continued talking to him, "Oh, I did. I came, I saw, I conquered. Oh, and I met what's his name-- something Michael Murray--at a bar."

"Who?"

"Oh, it doesn't matter."

Karina was staring at Meg, getting a bad feeling from her. She came from California, she overheard, then she's in Chicago? After the murder was revealed a week ago?

Meg continued talking to Sam, still having the same feeling. "Anyway, the whole scene got old, so I'm living here for a while."

Dean cleared his throat, to get Sam's attention. He was ignored. "You're from Chicago?"

"No, Massachusetts-- Andover. Gosh, Sam. What are the odds we'd run into each other?"

Yeah, Karina was getting a strange, stronger feeling about this girl.

"Yeah, I know, I thought I'd never see you again."

"Well, I'm glad you were wrong."

Dean cleared his throat, louder. Getting Sam's attention, but instead, it got Meg. She turned to him, and said angrily, "Dude, cover your mouth."

Sam turned to the two people behind him, and Karina raised her hand. Knowing that they were here the whole time. Sam was hesitantly introducing them to Meg. Considering what he said to her about them.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, Meg. This is um-- this is my brother, Dean. My friend, Karina."

Meg was surprised to see two people that Sam talked to her about. She looked at Sam again, "This is Dean and Karina? The Karina?"

Sam looked at Karina, awkwardly. Karina looked at Meg and said to her, awkwardly, "Yep. That's me. I'm the Karina."

"Wow... Sam told me so much about you."

"Did he?"

Karina's eyes widened, and Sam looked quickly. He gave an awkward smile to her. "Yeah..."

Dean smiled and asked Meg, "So, I'm betting you heard of me too."

"Oh, yeah, I've heard of you. Nice-the way you treat your brother like luggage."

Karina's mouth went wide open, eyes widened. Dean got confused, and didn't hear her very well, "Sorry?"

"Why don't you let him do what he wants to do? Stop dragging him over God's green earth."

Dean looked at Sam, Karina closed her mouth, pressing her lips together. This is so awkward. Sam tried to move aside, "Meg, it's all right."

All of them looked at each other, quietly. Again more awkward than usual.

Dean whistled lowly, "Okay. Awkward. I'm gonna get a drink now. Kay?"

"Right with you."

They both walked together to the bar, while Sam looked behind them. He continued talking to Meg. Karina took a big exhale, eyes widened from what she witnessed. They both leaned against the bar, and Dean turned to her.

"Usual?"

"Strong one."

He ordered two shots of tequila, strong. For him and Karina.

"Dean, I got a bad feeling about this girl. She's not right."

Dean smirked, "Jealous?"

Karina turned her eyes on Dean, and squirted her eyes, "Of what?"

"Well, Sammy here, finally got a girl. She was giving him flirting games. I'm just saying you should've gotten Sam when you had a chance."

"No, Dean. Get your mind off the gutter! I have no emotions, remember? Even for you and Sam. This is another reason why I didn't want to get too close to him, I don't wanna put weight on his shoulder when I leave."

"What about my shoulders?"

"Dude, we're not friends!"

"So you are just willing to let my brother be friends with you?"

"No, I never had! Never. Thought of you two of my friends or family. You boys are just a case. That's all!"

Dean's face got stoned really quick. Hurt in his eyes. Dean looked down when two shots appeared them.

Karina groaned, "The point is, I have a really bad feeling about this girl. I don't trust her. Bumping into Sam in Chicago where there are more than 500,000 people in the city? After California? Uh-uh."

They both took their shots. Dean turned to Karina, with a cold look in his eyes. "For your information, Karina. I thought of you as my friend. My first real friend. That wouldn't matter to you anyway."

Dean left Karina, alone at the bar. Looking down, she's rubbing her hands hard. She was breathing heavily, glaring at her shot glass. Thinking about the scars on her forearms. Begging to herself. She'll be back home directly. She won't care that she hurt their feelings. She's done with them.

Karina grabbed her hairband from her right wrist. She flipped her hair back and tied it up into a ponytail.

***

When they all walked out of the bar after Meg was done speaking with Sam. Karina turned to Sam. She asked, harshly, "Who the hell was she?"

"I don't really know. I only met her once. Meeting up with her again? I don't know, it's weird."

"What was she saying-- I treat you like luggage? Were you bitching about me to some chick?"

"Look, I'm sorry, Dean. It was when we had that huge fight when I was at that bus stop in Indiana. But that's not important, just listen-"

Dean interrupted him, and asked him angrily, "Is there any truth to what she's saying? I mean, am I keeping you against your will, Sam?"

"No, of course not. Now, would you listen?"

"What?!"

"I think there's something strange going on here, Dean."

"Yeah, tell me about it. She wasn't even into me."

Karina rolled her eyes and looked at Dean, "Mind out of the gutter!!"

"No, man, I mean like our kind of strange. Like, maybe even a lead."

"I agree with you, I have a bad feeling about this girl, but continue... How do you say it like that?"

"I met Meg, weeks ago, literally on the side of the road. Now I run into her in some random Chicago bar--I mean the same bar where a waitress was slaughtered by something supernatural. You don't think that's a little weird?"

Karina snapped her finger and pointed at Sam. She looked at Dean, "Called it."

Dean ignored Karina's comment and focused on Sam. " I don't know. Random coincidence. It happens."

"Well, yeah, it happens, but not to us. Look, I could be wrong, I'm just saying that there's something about this girl that I can't quite put my finger on."

Dean smirked, "Well, I bet you'd like to. I mean, maybe she's not a suspect. Maybe you got a thing for her, huh? You're thinking too much with your upstairs brain, huh?"

Karina made a disgusted look at Dean, "You hit your head when you were a child? What the hell is wrong with you?"

Dean was still smirking, and Karina shook her head. Sam looked at Dean and Karina, in a serious tone, "Do me a favor. Check and see if there's a Meg Masters from Massachusetts and see if you can't dig anything up on that symbol on Meredith's floor."

Karina asked, "What are you going to do?"

"I'm gonna watch Meg."

Dean began laughing, "Yeah."

"I just want to see what's what."

"All right, you little pervert."

"Dude."

"We're going. We're going."

Dean crossed the street, as Karina walked behind him. Following him while Sam is standing on the sidewalk. He began his watch on Meg as he walked away from them.

Back at the motel room, Dean and Karina went researching Sam's favors for him. They're both at the table as Karina with Sam's laptop, researching this strange girl. Dean had the research about the symbol that his friend spared him details. Karina was right. It's black magic.

Dean picked up his cell phone and dialed a number. He put it on speaker for Karina who was sitting beside him. The phone picked up after one ring.

It was Sam, "Hey."

"Let me guess. You're lurking outside that poor girl's aren't you?"

"No." Dean and Karina shared a look, smiling a little. As they wait for Sam's real response, "Yes."

Karina giggled, and Dean continued, "You've got a funny way of showing your affection?"

Karina laughed, and Sam called her out, recognizing her laugh. "Karina, that's not funny!"

"Sorry, Sam. What's funny is funny."

Sam sighed, "Did you guys find anything on her or what?"

"Yep. Bad news, Sam. I found her. There is a Meg Masters in the Andover phonebook. I even pulled up her high school photo, the same bad feeling girl she is."

"Now, look, why don't you go knock on her door and uh invite her to a poetry reading, or whatever it is you do, huh?"

Karina rolled her eyes. Sam continued from another line, "What about the symbol? Any luck?"

Karina began to explain what Dean told her, "Luckily, we did. It's called Zoroastrian. Very, old black magic. 2000 years before Christ. It's a sigil for a Daeva."

"What's a Daeva?"

Dean answered his question by reading his notes of research, "It translates to "demon of darkness"-- Zoroastrian demons, and they're savage, animalistic. You know, nasty attitudes--kind of like demonic pit bulls."

"How'd you figure that out?"

"Give us some credit, man. You don't have a corner on paper chasing around here."

Karina tilted her head and crossed her arms. Sam asked Dean, "Oh yeah? Aside from Karina, name the last book you read."

Dean waited for a moment, seeing Karina's pointed look at him. He replied, "No, I called Dad's friend, Caleb. He told me, all right."

"Yeah."

Karina explained more, "What I was informed courtesy to Caleb, Daevas, they have to be summoned, conjured."

"So, someone's controlling it?"

"Yep. What I gathered was that monsters tend to bite the hand that feeds them, arms, and torsos. They're like the darkest Manson family."

"So, what do they look like?"

Dean inferred, "Nobody knows, but nobody's seen them for a couple of millennia. I mean, summoning a demon that is ancient? Someone really knows their stuff. I think we've got a major player in town. Now, why don't you go give that girl a private strip-o-gram?"

Karina groaned at his playful childish manners. Sam said, "Bite me."

"No, bite her. Don't leave teeth marks, though." Sam hung up on Dean. "Sam? Are you?"

Karina looked at Dean with her hand leaning against her head. "Are you done?"

Dean smirked, and he hung up on his phone. Karina rolled her eyes. She began to look for more, to see any connections to the victims. She couldn't find anything on the laptop, so she closed the laptop.

She looked around to find any papers. She sat on Dean's bed, looking at the papers of victims that Officer Amy found for him. Karina sighed tiredly, rereading the papers of the two victims. Over, and over again.

"Trust me, Kay. You won't find anything in there I tried."

"Well, there's gotta be something. It always is."

Dean looked at her again, suspended about her. He couldn't help but think about what she said to him at the bar. "You know? In the past almost a year we had spent together, it's not just the case at all."

"Dean-"

"Come on, Karina! Don't tell me that you think that me and Sam are just a case to you! Yeah, my dad gave you an assignment in the first place, but guess what, he never expected that you would mean something to us!"

Karina looked at Dean, angrily, "What am I to you, huh? A first real friend? Due to your anti-socialistic life? Or the fact that you don't want to be alone.'

Dean's face went into shock, "Yeah, I heard Sam say to you that you didn't want to be alone. Guess what, Dean? I lived alone for all of the 12 years of my life after my father's death. I sucked it up. That's how I lived. That's who I am."

"I don't see that, Kay. I know you're struggling. I'm struggling too. I don't wanna lose my family. I want my family back together. Like I said to you, you don't deserve the life that you lived. Now we're in your life, you're not alone anymore."

Karina's eyes soften. Not filled with tears. Drowning in thoughts about what Dean said to her. She looked down, swallowing her throat. She read Ben's paper, and she noticed something familiar. Too familiar to the boys.

"Dean..."

***

After a short while, Sam entered the motel room. He was looking around for Dean and Karina. Dean walked up to him, and they saw each other. They said one sentence in unison, "Dude, I gotta talk to you."

Karina witnessed what she saw, and she was freaked out. "Wow... Your brothership unison is boiling my brain. What is it, Sam?"

After Sam explained to them what he witnessed, Karina was sitting at the table with papers in front of her. While Dean asked Sam, "So, hot little Meg is summoning the Daeva?"

"It looks like she was using that black altar to control the thing."

"So, Sammy's got a thing for the bad girl."

Dean chuckled, and Karina shut her eyes, shaking her head. Sam rolled his eyes. Dean continued, "And what's the deal with that bowl again?"

"She was talking into it. The way witches used to scry into crystal balls or animal entrails. She was communicating with someone."

"With who? With Daeva?"

"No, you said those things were savages. No, this was someone different, someone, who was giving her orders. Someone who's coming to that warehouse."

Dean and Karina shared a look. Karina looked over the page of one of the papers she was reading. Connecting the dots in her mind. They finally found it. "Holy crap."

"What?"

"That's when Dean was going to tell you earlier when you guys were boiling my brains out. He pulled a favor with his friend, Amy. Who's at the police department. Records of the last two victims. We missed the connection the first time."

Sam walked over to Karina. Karina explained, "The first victim, Ben, spent his whole life in Chicago, but he wasn't born here. Look where he was born."

Sam read over where Karina was pointing, "Lawrence, Kansas."

Karina grabbed another file and opened the page, "Meredith, the final victim. It turns out she was adopted. Birthplace is...?"

Sam read over the page. The same thing. Lawrence, Kansas. Where they were both born and lived before their mother's death. Dean walked over to Karina while Sam took his seat across from Karina, taking it all in.

"Holy crap."

"Yeah."

"I mean, it is where the demon killed Mom. That's where everything started. So, you think Meg's tied up with the demon?"

"There's a possibility..."

"But I don't understand. What's the significance of Lawrence? And how do these Daeva things fit in?"

Dean answered, "Beats for both of us. But I say we trash the black altar, grab Meg, and have ourselves a friendly little interrogation."

"No, we can't. We shouldn't tip her off. We've gotta stake out that warehouse. We've gotta see who, or what is showing up to meet her."

"I'll tell you one thing. I don't think we should do this alone."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 108 13
"was it the infinite sadness of her eyes that drew him or the mirror of himself that he found in the gorgeous clarity of her mind?" - f. scott fitzge...
4.4K 97 19
Allison is a hunter. She has been hunting her whole life. When she runs into the famous Winchester brothers on a hunt she can't help but be surprised...
323 21 5
"He wanted to run to her, he wanted to make sure she was okay, but he couldn't. That wasn't his place...it was Sam's, he just had to let go" :-: Aft...
79.9K 1.5K 28
What would you do when you're getting hunted by the enemies of your father? I decide to try and live a human life as much as possible. But ofcourse t...