Juncture (A HaruYoung & Jeong...

By kyukyu_ji

Wish I could turn back time and make everything right, so that I could get over this regret of not having you... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue

Chapter 18

389 30 45
By kyukyu_ji

Haruto, Doyoung, Jeongwoo- it was a rare event of all three to sit for lunch together, as the second one had always been with his girlfriend before. Well, maybe during their freshman days, they did eat together, but not for long. It highly pleased Haruto that two of his closest friends were with him, together.

Doyoung knew Haruto cared for him. It showed in every little thing he did. Like checking to see if he were eating healthy, drinking enough water, if he were in pain or not. To be honest, Doyoung wished for something more than friendship to be the reason behind all those.

"You ain't eating that?" Haruto pointed at the vegetables on Doyoung's plate with his chopsticks. Doyoung replied negatively.

"Why?? They're good for you." Continued Haruto.

"I don't know. I just don't like-" 

He got interrupted by Jeongwoo's loud gasp. Jeongwoo didn't wanna be that loud, but the excitement- it did its work. Who could blame him though? He was new to the whole texting thing with Junkyu, even the one or two times they chatted, Jeongwoo initiated. It was naturally surprising when he got a sudden text from Junkyu, asking if he were free the next Saturday.

Haruto peeked at his phone. Jeongwoo didn't even try to hide it, he was smiling wide.

"Say yes." Haruto said. Jeongwoo looked at him, a bit shy, "I should?"

"What did he say?" Doyoung asked. Haruto filled him in about the text.

"Of course you should." Doyoung insisted. He had that assuring, happy smile on his face.

"Okay..." Jeongwoo sent a positive reply. Almost immediately, his phone buzzed.

Haruto took no time to see the second text from Junkyu that day.

'Mind Joining my friend's party with me?'

Even Haruto had his eyes wide. Junkyu was bold! Too bold! He liked it. At this rate, his plan to bind him with his best friend would go really well!

"What? What did he say?" Doyoung asked in curiosity. Before anyone answered him, another text arrived.

'If you want, you can bring your friends too! My friend won't mind :)'

"He really wants you there." Haruto teased. Doyoung stood up and walked to them, because no one was answering him. He smirked once he read all the texts.

"Wooooo Jeongwoo yah~" he said in a sing-song voice. Jeongwoo looked even more shy.

"Just say yes," Haruto said. But Jeongwoo didn't listen to him, "That makes me look too eager, you know."

"So?" Haruto asked, "Isn't this a good thing? He'll know that you like him."

"No, Jeongwoo has a point." Doyoung protested, "We must not make ourselves too available." As Haruto stared at him in slight annoyance, he quickly added, "I'm talking from past experience."

Haruto sighed. Doyoung makes everything hard. It would be so nice if Junkyu and Jeongwoo ended up together before his time of stay was up, but Doyoung with his teen logic- an obstacle for him.

"So, what should I say?" Jeongwoo asked. Doyoung thought, and then came up with a pretty good idea, "Just say, let me ask my friends first."

Okay. Not that bad. Haruto liked it.

"Cool... Let me... Ask... My friends... First :)... Done." Jeongwoo said out loud as he typed.

"Let's wait for his reply now." Doyoung said, still standing, peeking at Jeongwoo's phone. Jeongwoo waited, and the text was seen pretty quick.

"He read it!" Exclaimed Jeongwoo. All three of them anticipated Junkyu's reply. But well. It didn't come.

"Did he just keep me on read?" Jeongwoo said, disappointed.

"Mmm maybe he's thinking what to say next?" Doyoung spread a little positivity. But that didn't work as Junkyu didn't reply even after a few minutes. Doyoung lost interest and went back to his seat.

"He's still active." Jeongwoo mumbled.

"Maybe he's inviting his friends?" Haruto added. Jeongwoo frowned, "It's not his party though."

To distract him, Haruto took some vegetables from Doyoung's plate and put those on Jeongwoo's, "Eat first."

Jeongwoo himself hated vegetables, but he was in no position to notice what Haruto just did. He kept on locking and unlocking his phone, in worry.

"Come on.... just say something..." He anxiously mumbled. Haruto felt bad for him, a little mad at Junkyu too, for ruining his perfect plan.

Few more minutes passed, yet, no reply. Sighing, Jeongwoo started eating. He was still aware of his phone, and unlocked it again, opening Junkyu and his inbox. The same old 'seen' under his text. He felt cold at heart.

But colder on his cheek. So cold, that he slightly jumped.

A melodic laugh was heard. Haruto and Doyoung, who were busy with feeding each other, looked up and saw the owner of that pretty smile, Junkyu, holding four cans of coke, one of them touching Jeongwoo's cheek.

"You won't get a reply if you do that!" Junkyu said, still laughing. Jeongwoo's ears turned red. He was so embarrassed getting caught like that. When did Junkyu get there though!??

"Mind if I join you?" Junkyu asked. The juniors politely asked him to sit with them. Junkyu handed each a can of coke next.

"So, will you guys come?" He asked next.

"Where?" Haruto asked, although he clearly knew what Junkyu was talking about.

"The party, didn't Jeongwoo tell you yet?"

"Oh that. Yeah he did." Haruto replied.

"And?"

Haruto looked at Doyoung, "Will you go?"

"Me?" Doyoung pointed at himself, "Why me?"

"Why not?" Junkyu asked, "The more, the merrier! I'm sure Jun won't mind!"

"Yeah... But..."Doyoung looked at Haruto for help, he wasn't a fan of loud parties. But Haruto, he had a hunch. Junkyu was so eager, he must have planned something. Haruto didn't wanna miss the opportunity. So, he betrayed Doyoung, by saying, "We'd love to attend the party, hyung."

Junkyu had his face lit up, like a 100 Watt bulb. Doyoung pouted. Haruto looked at him, then carefully touched his thigh from under the table, patted it to give him some sort of assurance.

"Great!" Junkyu looked at Jeongwoo, "I'll meet you guys on Saturday night then!" Jeongwoo just smiled nervously. He was still processing the whole thing.

As the topic suddenly died down, the whole table fell silent. It was awkward, to get rid of it, Junkyu started talking again, "You love vegetables, don't you?" He asked Jeongwoo. The latter looked at his plate and felt attacked. Haruto suppressed his laughter.

"Ruto you-" Jeongwoo spoke under his breath, Junkyu didn't hear that, or even if he heard it, he didn't understand. So, he said, "Good to know, you can have mine too, I hate it!" He put his share on Jeongwoo's plate too. The younger smiled through the absolute pain. Haruto and Doyoung made an eye contact and laughed silently. Poor Jeongwoo, to keep his image safe in front of Junkyu, ate all the tasteless, cold  'vegetables'.

The four continued talking, a little about the party and then whatever. Junkyu stood up when the lunch time was nearly over, and left thanking them. Jeongwoo glared at Haruto as soon as he had left.

"Why did you agree so easily?"

"Why not?" Haruto shrugged, "You wouldn't have said no anyway, right?"

"But still- what will he think of me now?"

"What? He's just happy that you're going!" Haruto said, "Didn't you see his smile?"

"But-" Jeongwoo sighed, "I don't even have a party-friendly outfit!"

"Yah, Jeongwoo yah, just wear anything, who cares?" Haruto stated. Doyoung agreed with him by nodding.

"I care. I need to look good, his friends will be there!"

"So?" Haruto wiggled his raised brow, "Already worrying about that?"

"Ah! Forget it!" Jeongwoo calmed himself down, by placing a hand over his chest. A while later, he looked at Haruto, "Help me buy clothes after school today."

Haruto's smile died down at that. He made a sneaky eye contact with Doyoung, then looked at Jeongwoo with a little embarrassment.

"I-uh.. am kinda busy today."

"With what?" Jeongwoo asked. Haruto looked at Doyoung once again, who gestured to tell Jeongwoo what they were hiding from him.

"Um, me and Doyoung are going to visit an eco park today." Haruto timidly said.

Jeongwoo first frowned, then looked betrayed. "Eh? When did you plan this? Why didn't you tell me? I wanna go too!"

Haruto shushed him first, then dragged him far away from Doyoung. "Yah!" He scolded the younger, "He just had a break up,he needs it! Besides, I think it will be a great opportunity for us to get closer!"

"Okay fine, I won't go with you two, but you could have at least told me! You know I'm rooting for you two, right?"

"Okay, right, sorry." Haruto said, "We just decided so suddenly, I didn't get the- you know what, it's my fault, I'm really sorry."

"It's fine." Jeongwoo replied, "Just don't cast me away. Even if you two end up being together, you can't neglect me, I'm your friend."

Exactly what made Haruto adore Jeongwoo at that moment, he didn't know. Just the way he talked, the words hit hard, they reminded him of the Jeongwoo who stayed by his side all his life long, in his ups and downs, in hope and despair, in pain and promises. He hugged the nth version of that Jeongwoo, young, naive, but with the same pure heart. The sudden hug startled Jeongwoo. But he hugged back.

"You're a very special person to me, Woo. Don't even think that I'll neglect you."

"Whoa, I didn't mean it that way." Jeongwoo nervously said. Haruto let him go, patted him on the back next. "We'll go buy clothes tomorrow, okay?" Jeongwoo smiled and nodded. "Sure, best of luck for you date today." He added a wink at last, well, if you consider double eyed winks.

Haruto chuckled, "It's not a date." Jeongwoo just shrugged. Literally, it wasn't. But deep inside, both liked each other, so why not?

-

Haruto and Doyoung hurried home after school. They had to get ready soon, so that they could still see the greenery as daylight prevailed. Haruto took no time to shower and change into comfortable clothes. He then headed for Doyoung's place. The latter was ready too, looking priceless.

"Hey! Looking pretty!" Haruto complimented. Partly because it was true, partly to boost up Doyoung's confidence. However, he actually boosted up the love inside Doyoung, which he wasn't aware of.

Or else, why would he suddenly take Doyoung's feathery soft palm in his? Like give his poor heart a break!

The lazy walk was lovely, but they had to hurry. So, they took a taxi. Haruto took a selfie as they were being bored inside. It turned out nice, so he set it as his wallpaper. Doyoung didn't notice that though.

They reached the park when it was still a little ahead of twilight. Haruto bought two tickets and then entered inside the green paradise with the boy he loved the most. First things first, he captured Doyoung with the pretty plants and flowers, took selfies, Doyoung took some of his pictures and they both took hundreds of the nature. Some came out so well that Doyoung couldn't but blast his ig story. Haruto himself posted a story or two. He really liked his time there.

After the first batch of bragging to the world, they focused on the park. It was such a refreshing, peaceful piece of heaven! They walked, hand in hand, taking the fragrance, of plants, earth, air and each other. They couldn't help it, both were too close to each other, bumping their shoulders and hips together as they walked. 

As the twilight started, Doyoung took a spot on a bench near the artificial lake. He wanted to see the sunset. Although unlike an open seabeach, the sun was barely seen through all the bushy leaves, Doyoung insisted. The real charm wasn't the sunset, it was Haruto, who sat beside him, gently stroking his wrist. Doyoung slowly let his head fall on the tall boy's buff shoulder. Maybe Haruto liked him, maybe not. Maybe not in the way he was thinking. Who cares? Haruto was with him at that moment, thinking of nothing but him, and maybe the setting sun. Wasn't it quite enough?

He knew it wasn't, when Haruto looked at him with sparkly eyes, and smiled. Doyoung stared at those beautiful eyes, wanting more, unaware of what those were feeling. How would he know that those eyes were memorising every detail of his face, cause after a few days, those wouldn't be looking at him anymore. How would Doyoung know, that Haruto, with all his being, was saving every second of that day. How would he know, Haruto was the happiest at that moment, so happy that he couldn't but tear up.

"Don't cry, Ruto." Doyoung said. He didn't know of the reason, but the tears down Haruto's cheek- they seemed to be out of an overwhelming emotional flow, not sorrow. So, instead of worrying, Doyoung found a way to calm him down.

He kissed Haruto on the cheeks, slow and mellow. He let his lips rest there, before moving away. It was instinctive, but much needed.

Haruto's crying stopped. He took the boy by his side in a warm hug, with a light peck on his neck. Doyoung felt the warm air on his neck, and felt blessed. Haruto's embrace gave him the biggest sense of security.

They stayed seated until the faint orange glow was seen on the sky. In fear of getting bug bites, they stood up. They took a few more strolls around the park, and then, with Haruto's constant insistence, they walked out of the park.

They had to walk a few steps so that they could find a taxi again. Haruto had a weird, very weird feeling. He looked back a few times, to check if anyone was following them or not, but found no one. Not wanting to worry Doyoung, he stayed silent.

It wasn't for long. Because as soon as he took a taxi, crossed a block or two, he spotted the creamy white car on their tail.

He carefully poked Doyoung, then whispered in his ears, "I think we're being followed, Doyoungie."

With fearful eyes, Doyoung looked at the mirror at front. Yes, they obviously had company. Not a good one from the vibe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 655 10
Harukyu's FanFiction It's for fun. Don't take it personally. Enjoy reading it...!! :) Lovealots....!!!! "Hyung, I'll miss you." Said Haru while Junky...
26.6K 1.1K 24
'You'll cut my rent for a kiss??' 'Yeah, to a half. And more if you give me more than just a kiss.' . . 'Like a hug?' 'NO! What the fuck!?' > A pu...
11.3K 858 34
When the kind offer of a rich classmate ends in humiliation, Kim Junkyu finds shelter out of the 'house' he was offered to stay in. It would have wor...
17K 978 10
Harukyu's Fanfiction It's for fun. Don't take it personally..!! Enjoy Reading it..!! Started: Nov 5th 2020 (first chap then hiatus) Restarted: Dec 13...