𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐖𝐢𝐧�...

By DWeber02

"𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐊𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐋𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞." Brothers of Winchesters, Sam and Dean, got a voicemail from their father... More

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈
𝐈
𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐕
𝐕
𝐕𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐗
𝐗
𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐋
𝐗𝐋𝐈
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈𝐈
𝐈
𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐕
𝐕
𝐕𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐗
𝐗
𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐋
𝐗𝐋𝐈
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈
𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐕
𝐕
𝐕𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐗
𝐗
𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐋𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐘𝐨𝐮

𝐗𝐗

907 23 28
By DWeber02

As the morning sun shines through the window, Sam and Karina are on the beds, sleeping. While Dean was sleeping on the floor, getting his sleep as he wanted. Karina's ponytail is out as she sleeps peacefully. A cellphone on the drawer began ringing.

It woke Sam up, the first thing he saw was Karina's eyes closing as her hair spread out on the pillows. He never saw her without her ponytail... ponytail or not, she's still beautiful. He turned to the phone that was ringing. It was Dean's cellphone. Sam pointed it out to Dean, but he didn't respond back. He's still sleeping.

Sam grabbed the phone and opened the cell. He answered the phone, "Hello?"

John from the other line, "Sam, is that you?"

Sam sat up straight in shock, "Dad?... Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine."

"We've been looking for you everywhere. We didn't know where you were if you were okay." Karina slowly opened her eyes, and she yawned. She looked at Sam, talking on the phone. Her eyebrows furrowed.

"Sammy, I'm all right. What about you and Dean?"

"We're fine, Dad." Karina's eyes widened, and sat up and turned to Sam. Dean started to wake up.

"Karina. Is she there?"

"Yeah, she's here. She's fine as well."

John smiled a little, "I knew she would come to you. To look after you boys."

"Dad, where are you?" Dean sat up from the floor, and looked at Sam, shocked. Karina and Dean looked at each other, reacting the same thing.

"Sorry, kiddo, I can't tell you that."

"What? Why not?"

Dean asked, "Is that Dad?"

From another line, "Look, I know this is hard for you to understand. You're just gonna have to trust me on this."

"You're after it, aren't you? The thing that killed Mom."

"Yeah. It's a demon, Sam."

"A demon?" He quickly looked at Karina and Dean. "You know for sure?"

Dean put his shirt on, and eagerly asked Sam, "A demon? What he's saying?"

"I do," John said. "Listen, Sammy, I, uh... I also know what happened to your girlfriend. I'm so sorry." Karina can see Sam's eyes were closed to tears, she wanted to comfort him. But she couldn't.

John continued, "I would have done anything to protect you from that."

"You know where it is?"

"Yeah, I think I'm finally closing in on it."

"Let us help."

"You can't. You can't be part of it."

"Why not?"

Dean held out his hand to Sam, "Give me the phone."

"Listen, Sammy, that's why I'm calling. You, the Huntress, and your brother, you've got to stop looking for me. I need you to write down these names."

"Names? What names, Dad? Talk to me. Tell me what's going on."

"Look, we don't have time for this. This is bigger than you think. They're everywhere. Even us talking right now, it's not safe."

"No. All right? No way."

Dean gets frustrated and desperate, "Give me the phone."

Karina looked down at him, "Dean..."

"What? I deserved to talk to him."

John said in the other line, "I've given you an order. Now, you stop following me and do your job. You understand me? Now you take down these names."

Sam's face turned into frustration, and Dean grabbed his phone from his hand. He talked to John, "Dad, it's me. Where are you?" Sam turned to Dean, and he began to listen, "Yes, sir."

Dean snapped his finger to Karina, pointing to the paper and pen on the drawer. She tilted his head, offended, and grabbed the paper and pen. She shoved them on Dean's chest, and she walked by. "Yeah, I got a pen. What are their names?" Sam looked at the distance in rage after the contact with John.

Karina walked into the restroom and began to get ready. She looked through her reflection and took a deep breath. She closed her eyes... and thought of him. She whispered to herself, "Oh, Sam... I'm sorry. I get it. You have no idea how much I get it. Sometimes you have to follow through with it... even Dean or John disagreed on it. Especially after..."

She took a big sigh and opened her eyes, she pulled her hair in a ponytail. She looked down at the blade, and she pursed her lips together. "I missed you, Dad. I wish you were here."

She hid the blade in her ponytail. She let them go... her sayings, her emotions.

Later on, an Impala was driving on the road. Sam was driving, and Dean looked over the names that John gave him. Sam turned to Dean, "All right, so the names Dad gave us-- they're all couples?"

Dean nodded, "Three different couples all went missing."

"And they're all from different towns, from different states?"

"That's right. Yeah, Washington, New York, Colorado. Each couple took a road trip cross-country. None of them arrived at their destination. None of them were ever heard from again."

Karina comes over to Dean, "It's a big country... All 50 states, they could've gone anywhere."

"Yeah, they could've. But each one's route took 'em to the same part of Indiana. Always on the second week of April. One year after another after another."

"This is the second week of April."

"Yep."

Sam looked on the road, "So Dad is sending us to Indiana to go hunting for something before another couple vanishes?"

Dean pointed him out, "Yahtzee. Can you imagine putting together a pattern like this? All the different obits Dad had to go through? The man's a master."

Karina shrugged, "Why not? You boys got that from him."

Dean smiled back at Karina, but Sam didn't respond back to her. He pulled up and parked the car. They both noticed what Sam was doing. Dean turned to him, "What are you doing?"

"We're not going to Indiana."

Karina frowned at Sam, "Why?"

"Because we're going to California." Sam looked at both of them in a serious tone. "Dad called from a payphone. Sacramento area code."

Dean warned him, "Sam."

"Dean, if this demon killed Mom and Jess and Dad's closing in, we got to be there. We've gotta help."

"Dad doesn't want our help."

"I don't care."

"He's given us an order."

"I don't care. We don't always have to do what he says."

Karina turned to him, "Sam, John is asking us to work jobs, to save lives. It's important."

"Karina, I understand, believe me. I understand, but I'm talking one week here, to get answers. To get revenge."

"Revenge is not an answer to everything..."

Dean infers, "All right, look, I know how you feel."

Sam turned to Dean, "Do you?" They both were shocked by his tone. "How old were you when Mom died? Four? Jess died six months ago. How the hell would you know how I feel?"

Karina's eyes widen, "Sam!!"

He ignored her and focused on Dean. Dean came back to Sam, "Dad said it wasn't safe for any of us. I mean, he obviously knows something that we don't. So if he says to stay away, we stay away."

Sam turned to Karina, "Karina, you shouldn't be following anyone's orders, you could've just stood up to yourself. I know my Dad saved your life and gave you meaning to take orders after your Dad. I get it. You have to understand what I am saying. You have to."

Karina's eyes were down on her fingers, playing with them. She does, she said so herself. But instead, she looked at Sam, "I wouldn't be here if I didn't follow his order to meet you guys. Orders are orders, Sam. You cannot change that."

Sam scoffed, and Dean nodded from Karina's statement. He looked at both of them. Sam shook his head, "I don't understand the blind faith you have in the man. I mean, it's like you don't even question him."

Dean exclaimed to Sam, "Yeah, it's called being a good son."

Sam's face turned to anger, and he got out of the car. He walked to the back of the truck and grabbed something from the trunk. Dean for a moment looked at the distance, then he followed Sam. Karina sighed, and she got out of the car as well.

She tried to calm them down, "Guys, come on..."

Dean ignored her, "You're a selfish bastard, you know that? You just do whatever you want. You don't care what anybody thinks."

"That's what you really think?"

"Yes, it is."

Karina crossed her arms, standing behind Dean. Sam looked at Karina for a moment, and all she did was shake her head at him.

He looked Dean in his eyes, "Well, this selfish bastard is going to California."

Karina's eyes widened as he walked away, "Sam, don't! Don't do this."

"Come on, you're not serious."

Sam was still walking away, "I am serious."

"It's the middle of the night. Hey, I'm taking off. I will leave your ass. You hear me!?!"

Sam stopped walking and turned to them, "That's what I want you to do." They stared at each other, waiting. Karina looked between them.

"Goodbye, Sam."

Dean shut the trunk and turned his way to the car. Leaving Karina and Sam, they looked at each other. For a short moment, before it passed.

Dean ordered her, "Karina, get in the car!"

Without blinking from Sam's glance, she turned her back on him and got in the passenger's seat. Dean drove away, leaving Sam on the street. Sam watched them leave and went on his own separate way.

***

Thunder crashes as they both arrive in Indiana. Throughout the whole ride, Dean was quiet. Every time takes a turn on the road, Karina turns to him. To see if he's showing any reactions or emotions. It was blank.

Dean pulled up by the gazebo. He reached for his cellphone from his pocket, he strolled down his contacts. Dean stared at the screen, hesitating. Karina took a glance at him, she already knew what he was seeing. Sam's contact.

Dean shook his head and closed his phone. "It's none of my business, but you boys need to talk."

Dean looked at the distance, "You're right. It's none of your business."

Karina pulled her hands up, "I'm trying to help you, man. Don't forget, John asked me to take care of you both. Both, Dean. To look after you guys. More likely, even when you guys fight, you will always have someone by your side."

Dean looked at Karina, and all she did was smile at him. She got out of the car, and Dean shook his head. Softing smiling from her words. After almost six months, she already read him. And Sam. He followed her, walking toward Scotty's cafe.

There was a man sitting on the porch, they walked up to him. Dean began to speak, "Let me guess, Scotty."

"Yep."

"Hi, my name is John Bohman. This is my friend, Pat Phillips."

"As in the drummer in Led Zeppelin and his wife?"

Karina turned her face to Dean, he was struggling with his words. "Wow. Good. Classic-rock fan." She shook her head, slight as Dean chuckled weakly.

"What can I do for you, John?"

Dean grabbed something from his jacket and give him the missing person's papers, "I was wondering if you've seen these people, by chance."

Scotty takes a closer look at the papers of the couple who were missing last year, "Nope. Who are they?"

Karina replied, "Friends of ours. They went missing about a year ago."

Dean continued on, "They passed through around here. I've already asked around Scottsburg and Salem."

He handed the papers to Dean, "Sorry." Karina furrowed her eyebrows at his quick response. He continued on, "We don't get many strangers around here."

Dean nodded, "Scotty, you got a smile that lights up a room. Has anyone ever told you that?" He didn't make a face or reaction to Dean's comment. "Never mind, see you around."

They both walked away from Scotty and Karina turned her face to Dean. "Wife's name? Really?"

"Hey, I didn't know he knew Led Zeppelin. I mean I don't know any classic rock female band members like them."

Karina laughed a little and shook her head, "That's not an excuse. I'm sure there are, Dean, you're just too weak to ever look them up."

Dean scoffed, "Well, at least I saved our asses."

"Pretty much, your ass. Have you seen how that guy reacts? He seems like he knows something."

"For sure. Come on, honey, we should take a look around to find some people." Karina rolled her eyes at Dean's comment.

When Dean and Karina arrived at the gas station, they began to talk to the owners. After Dean showed the papers to the owners, they responded the same thing, never seeing them.

Karina asked, "Are you sure that they didn't stop for gas or something?"

He responded to her, "Nope, don't remember them. You say they were friends of yours?"

"Yep."

Someone comes down the stairs, carrying boxes. It was a young blonde woman. She asked them, "Did the guy have a tattoo?"

Dean answered, "Yes, he did."

She came to them and looked at the picture of Vince. She turned to the owner, "You remember? They were just married."

Karina tilted her head to the owner while Dean looked at him. He paused for a moment, and responded, "You're right. They did stop for gas. Weren't here for more than 10 minutes."

Dean asked him, "Do you remember anything else?"

Karina and the girl exchanged looks while he answered, "I told them to get to the Interstate. They left town."

"Could you point me in that same direction?"

After the owner pointed Dean in the same direction, the couple went missing. He was driving on the road. Karina was shaking her head the whole time.

"Something is wrong with this town."

"Come on, don't tell me that you have The Shining as Sam does."

She looked at Dean, while he was driving. "You have to admit, the people were acting strange. Response the exact same thing. Until that owner's girl helped us. I gotta say that the owner was a bad actor to pretend he didn't know at first."

"You don't know that. He might have memory loss or something."

"Sweetie, he's not freaking Dory."

Dean exchanged looks with Karina, and she raised her eyebrows, not taking it back. Suddenly, the beeping high-frequency sound came on from the backseat. They both turned in the back, confused.

Dean commented, "What the hell?"

Karina takes her seatbelt off and reaches for something from the bag. It was below the seat. She reaches further. He pulled the car, and turned his way, seeing Karina's bottom appearing to him.

He took a look at her and gave a grin. "Well, this is a nice view."

"Shut up."

Karina grabbed the EMF meter and came to her seat. It was responding frantically. She showed it to him, and they both looked at each other, suspended. Dean looked at the place behind Karina, seeing the orchard.

They both got out of the car and walked toward the orchard. They all looked around for some more until Dean caught a view of a scarecrow on the post. He caught Karina's attention, and she looked at what he was seeing. They both walked toward it. They both looked up at the scarecrow.

Dean looked at it for a second and commented, "Dude, you're fugly." Karina nodded her head.

While they both noticed the scarecrow was holding the sickle. Karina noticed something on its arm.

"Hey, Dean. Get the ladder for me, will you?"

He gladly offered her the ladder that was behind him. He set it up for her, and she climbed up to the scarecrow, seeing it eye to eye. She moved part of its clothing from his arm. Showing the design of someone's skin sewed on. She looked down at Dean and showed it to him.

He recognized something as well Karina did. He reached for the missing person paper of Vince and compared it to Vince's tattoo from the picture. It's the same design.

He looked at the scarecrow, "Nice tat."

***

When Dean and Karina were back at the gas station, they saw the girl who helped them. It was Emily. He pulled up at the station, and they both got out of the car. Emily looked at them, "You're back."

Karina looked at her, "We never left. Since you and I had a connection."

Emily laughed and Karina gave her a soft smile at her, "You're still looking for your friends?"

Dean asked, "You mind filling it up, there, Emily?" She smiled, pulled off the gas pump, and started filling the gas in Dean's car. "So, did you grow up here?"

"I came here when I was 13. I lost my parents-- car accident. My aunt and uncle took me in."

"They're nice people."

"Everybody's nice here."

Karina fake smiled, and muttered to herself, "Yeah, I bet..." She looked up to Emily, and asked, "With the small town here? Is it perfect?"

"You know it's the boonies, but I love it. I mean, the towns around us, people are losing their homes and their farms. But here... it's almost like we're blessed."

Karina nodded and was concerned for her. She decided to ask, "Emily, have you been to the orchard? Seen that scarecrow?"

"Yeah, it creeps me out."

Dean laughed, "Whose is it?"

"I don't know. It's just always been there."

Dean looked at the red truck behind her, and pointed out, "That you aunt and uncle's?"

She turned back, seeing what Dean had pointed out. She turned to him, "Customer-- they had some car troubles."

Karina infers, "They? As a couple?" She nodded back to Karina. Dean and Karina shared the look.

They both walked to Scotty's cafe. They both walk into the cafe, and they see Scotty serving apple pies to the couple. Dean smiled at him, "Hiya, Scotty. Can I get a coffee-- black? Lady here wants it with cream."

They looked at the couple eating dinner, as they passed by. They both sat at the table next to the couple. Karina turned to Scotty, "Some of the pie for my friend too, while you're at it."

Dean smiled at Karina, ordering his favorite thing. She winked back at him, and then he turned to the couple. "How you doing? Just passing through?"

A woman turned to him, "Road trip."

Dean smiled a little as he nodded down, "Yeah, us too."

Scotty poured their drinks for refills. He took quick glances at them, "I'm sure these people want to eat in peace."

"Just a little friendly conversation." Scotty walked by him and Dean looked at him and reminded him again. "Oh, and those coffees, too. Thanks."

Karina turned to the couple and asked, "What brings you a lovely couple in town?"

"We just stopped for gas, and the guy at the gas station saved our lives."

"Really?"

The man replied, "Yeah, one of our brake lines was leaking. We had no idea. He's fixing it for us."

Karina smiled to herself, knowing that someone cut it off to make them stay. "Nice people."

"Yeah."

Dean asked, "So, how long till you're up and running?"

"Sundown."

Dean and Karina shared knowingly looking at each other, and he turned to them, "Really? To fix a brake line?"

The man hummed back as a yes. Dean leaned over to them, "I know a thing or two about cars. I could probably have you up and running in about an hour and wouldn't charge you anything."

The man looked at his partner, and she gave a nice gesture smile to Dean. "You know, thanks a lot, but I think we'd rather have a mechanic do it."

"Sure, yeah. You know, it's just that these roads, they're not real safe at night."

"I'm sorry?"

Karina looked at them seriously, "I know it sounds strange, but I think you two are in danger. My friend and I are trying to help."

The couple looked uncomfortable, and a man turned to them, "We're trying to eat, okay?"

Dean looked disappointed and spoke his mind, "Yeah. You know, my brother could give you his puppy-dog look, and you just buy right into it."

Suddenly, the sheriff walked into the cafe. Scotty walked to the sheriff. Talking privately, pointing to Dean and Karina. She looked at him, "Oi... here we go..."

The sheriff walked up to them, "I like a word, please."

Dean pointed out, "Come on. My friend and I are having a bad day already."

Sheriff towered over to them, and looked at both of them, "You don't want to make it worse."

Dean already gave in. He drove out of the town, as the Sheriff was tailing him. The sheriff made a u-turn back to town. But that didn't stop them.

At night, Dean drove back to town, back to the orchard. They both saw the same couple screaming at the live scarecrow. They both approached them right on time. Dean was holding on to his rifle, and he ordered them back to the car.

Karina guides them out by running together, heading toward the exit. Dean was running behind them and was shooting at the scarecrow, repeatedly. He ran faster to them, and they all arrived at the car. Dean turned to the orchard, guarding behind them.

A man was panting heavily and terrified from what they both saw. "What? What the hell was that?"

Karina responded to him, "Don't ask."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 397 72
"𝐊𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐚... 𝐒𝐚𝐦'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞." After the days of 365, Huntress and the Winchesters went their separate ways over the promise. Sam went to H...
51.9K 1.1K 54
It's been 15 years since Parker left Dean and rescued their children from his demonic alter ego. But when she disappears in a series of strange event...
130K 2.5K 40
Dallas Winters was raised to be a hunter. When she was two, her mother died because of a yellow-eyed demon. Her father wanted revenge for her death...
24.7K 933 89
"𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬." After four months, Huntress and the Winchesters are back at it again, or are they? The world has mystery, co...