๐‡๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐–๐ข๐ง๏ฟฝ...

By DWeber02

"๐…๐ข๐ง๐ ๐Š๐š๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐š ๐‹๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž." Brothers of Winchesters, Sam and Dean, got a voicemail from their father... More

๐€๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ซ'๐ฌ ๐๐จ๐ญ๐ž
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐ˆ
๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐•
๐•
๐•๐ˆ
๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐—
๐—
๐—๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐•
๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐—
๐—๐—
๐—๐—๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐•
๐—๐—๐•
๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐—
๐—๐—๐—
๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ๐•
๐—๐—๐—๐•
๐—๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ๐—
๐—๐‹
๐—๐‹๐ˆ
๐—๐‹๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐„๐ฉ๐ข๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐•
๐•
๐•๐ˆ
๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐—
๐—
๐—๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐•
๐—๐•
๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐—
๐—๐—
๐—๐—๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐•
๐—๐—๐•
๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐—
๐—๐—๐—
๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ๐•
๐—๐—๐—๐•
๐—๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ๐—
๐—๐‹
๐—๐‹๐ˆ
๐—๐‹๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐„๐ฉ๐ข๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐•
๐•
๐•๐ˆ
๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐—
๐—
๐—๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐•
๐—๐•
๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐—
๐—๐—
๐—๐—๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐•
๐—๐—๐•
๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐„๐ฉ๐ข๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
๐‹๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐จ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ

๐—๐ˆ๐•

1.1K 31 20
By DWeber02

Somewhere the outside of the bar, Dean was making money, having the time of his life. The duo was outside, sitting on the hood of the car. Sam and Karina were reading quietly together, not saying a word.

Sam was reading an article he found in the newspaper. Maybe a case for all of them. While Karina was reading Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. Sam glanced at Karina who was quietly reading while the noise chattered in the bar, and motorcycles revving away. She flipped another page and took a big sigh.

"You know... it's creepy staring at the person who is reading."

Sam softly chuckled and closed the newspaper. He turned his eyes on Karina and cleared his throat. Karina lifted her eyebrows as she slowly glanced at his softened eyes. More like puppy eyes.

Karina squinted her eyes at him in concern as he's looking at her. She pressed her lips together and raised her eyebrows for more. Sam copied her movements. She gave him a stink eye, and he widened his eyes, without blinking. They're doing a staredown contest. More like 45 seconds.

Karina began quoting from the book, "'Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change."

Sam softly smiled, "Your favorite?"

"Nope. It's just my quote of the day due to your weirdness."

Sam shook his head and began to announce the news to her. "I think I found the case..."

"Frankenstein's killing?"

"More like it... Creutzfeldt-Jakob."

"Yikes... but how is this our problem, Sam?"

Sam began to explain until Dean came out of the car, smiling and laughing. He was holding up, waving the cash in his hand in the air. Sam rolled his eyes, and looked at Dean, "You know, we could get day jobs once in a while."

Dean was counting down cash as he commented, "Hunting's our day job. And the pay is crap."

Karina smirked, "Hustling pool? Credit card scams? Pretty low for you, Dean Winchester. Not a really honest thing in the world."

"Well, let's see, honest, fun, and easy. It's no contest." He looked at both of them as he weighed each in his hand.

Sam and Karina looked at each other and smiled. Shaking their heads, Dean continued. "Besides, we're good at it. It's what we were raised to do."

Sam pointed out, "Yeah, well, how we were raised was jacked."

"Yeah, says you. We got a new gig or what?"

Sam got up from the hood and began walking toward Dean. Holding the newspaper still. Karina was starting to get up also, standing between the boys. "Maybe. Oasis Plains, Oklahoma-not far from here. A gas company employee, Dustin Burwash, supposedly died from Creutzfeld-Jakob."

Dean didn't understand the word as he looked up at Sam, "Huh?"

Karina explained, "Human mad cow disease."

"Mad cow? Wasn't that on Oprah?"

Karina's eyes widened, chuckled as she asked him, "I'm sorry, you watch Oprah?"

Dean hesitated, struggling with his words. He changed the topic, "So this guy eats a bad burger. Why is it our kind of thing?"

Karina kept staring at Dean for a while, shaking her head. She looked at Sam explaining what he read. "Mad cow disease causes massive brain degeneration. It takes months, even years for the damage to appear. But this guy Dustin sounds like his brain disintegrated in about an hour, maybe less."

"That's strange."

Sam nodded at Karina's comment, "Yeah. Now it could be a disease or it could be something much nastier."

Two people who Sam was looking at, nodded with understanding. Dean clapped and announced to the group. "Alright. Oklahoma."

They all began going to the car, sitting in their usual positions. Karina grabbed her book as Sam grabbed his newspaper. Dean then commented as they all went to the car, "Man, work, work, work. No time to spend my money."

***

When the trio arrived at the gas company building in Oklahoma, they all saw someone exiting the van of the company. They approached a man as Sam questioned him first. "Travis Weaver?"

He looked at three people who were looking at him. "Yeah, that's right."

Dean asked, "Are you the Travis who worked with Uncle Dusty?"

He looked confused with the reveal. He spoke from his mind to them, "Dustin never mentioned a niece or nephews."

Karina played along, "Seriously? Man... our uncle cannot stop talking about you. He said to himself that you were the greatest. Right, boys?"

Sam and Dean nodded, and Sam responded with a yeah. Travis smiled with the complement and looked at them. "Oh, he did? Huh."

"But most of all, we wanted to know what happened to him. From that day."

Travis slowly shook his head, "I'm not sure. He fell into the sinkhole. I went to the truck to get some rope, and, uh... by the time I got back..."

Dean asked, "What'd you see?"

He moved aside with a fake smile, "Nothing. Just Dustin."

Sam asked, "No wounds or anything?"

"Well, he was bleeding from his eyes and his ears, his nose. That's it."

Dean asked, "So do you think it could be this whole mad cow thing?"

He shrugged, "I don't know. That's what the doctors are saying."

Karina began to explain what she knew by asking him, "If the doctors assumed that, he would have acted differently. Personality changes, memory loss, depression, losing muscle control, anything that correlates to the brain. Have you ever caught sight of that?"

The boys looked at Karina, impressed with her knowledge after one word. They both moved on by looking curiosity at Travis. He answered Karina's question, "Nah. No way. But then again, if it wasn't some disease, what the hell was it?"

Dean commented, "That's a good question."

Sam asked, "You know, can you tell us where this happened?"

"Yeah."

After Travis sent a destination where it took place, Dean drove off to where the sinkhole was. By the nearest construction suburbs. Dean pulled up on the street, and they all got out of the car. They all walked toward it, taped around the police caution tape.

Dean asked, "Huh. What do you think?"

They all went under the tape, to look at the sinkhole closer. "I don't know, but if that guy, Travis, was right, it happened pretty damn fast."

"So what? Some sort of creature chewed on his brain?"

Karina spoke from her mind, "Zombie? Dr. Victor?"

Dean turned on the flashlight, aiming toward the sinkhole. Sam shook his head, "No, there'd be an entry wound. Sounds like this thing worked from the inside."

They all kneel down, looking closer to the sinkhole. Not seeing anything. It's deeper for them to see. Including the flashlight. Dean commented, "Huh. Looks like there's room for one."

Dean got out of the tape, eyeing Sam. He offered as he aimed toward the nearest hose, "Wanna flip a coin?"

"Dean, we have no idea what's down there."

He picked a hose and walked toward Sam and Karina. He looked at Sam, "Alright, I'll go if you're scared. You scared?"

"Flip the damn coin."

Dean went under the tape and chuckled. He takes a coin from his pocket. Karina has her arm crossed, eyes squinting at both of them. Thinking this is what John assigned her to do?

She rolled her eyes and sighed. Dean commented, "All right, call it in the air... chicken."

He flipped the coin, and Karina slapped the coin away in midair. "I'm going."

Sam's eyes widened and began to concern her, "Are you sure you wanna go down there?"

Karina scoffed, and began tying the hose around her waist, "Please if I'm going to have to spend another minute listening to you losers crying, I'm going to have a disease."

Dean protested, "I said I'd go."

"You're even worse..."

Sam looked at Dean, who was offended as he was grinning back at him. Karina tightened the hose. She looked at both of them and grinned softly. "Think fast."

She began to jump in with no hesitation. Winchesters quickly grabbed the end of the hose, holding on to it. With frightened looks in their eyes. They can hear the echoing giggle of Karina in the deep. Sam sighed with relief, and Dean rolled his eyes. They both gave a little further down the hose until Karina stopped on the ground.

Karina shouted at them, "Boys, light!"

Sam dropped the flashlight in the sinkhole. Karina caught it in her hand, she turned on the light. From above, Dean looked Sam in the eye. He commented, "We both have been lost by a girl. What's next?"

Sam chuckled, looking down the sinkhole. He quoted from Frankenstein, thinking about Karina. "Beware; for am I fearless, and therefore powerful."

"What?"

Sam shook it off and looked at Dean, confused face. "Nothing."

After Karina came up from the sinkhole, Karina examined the hole. There were dead beetles all over. She picked one of them and handed it to Sam. Dean was still driving as Sam was examining a dead beetle in his hand.

"So you found some beetles. In a hold, in the ground. That's shocking, Karina."

Karina turned to Dean, "There were no tunnels, no tracks. No evidence of any other kind of creature down there. For your information, beetles do eat meat. Well, dead meat but still you get my point."

Dean turned to Karina as he was still driving. "How many did you find down there?"

"Ten."

"It'd take a whole lot more than that to eat out some dude's brain."

Sam suggested, "Well, maybe there were more."

"I don't know, it sounds like a stretch to me."

"Well, we need more information on the area, the neighborhood. Whether something like this has ever happened before."

Karina nodded, "Agreed."

Dean thought for a moment until he noticed a sign outside of the suburbs. It was an open house with red balloons. The two people in the car noticed Dean's silent thoughts.

He began to speak up from his mind, "I know a good place to start."

Sam and Karina saw another sign featuring a barbeque. "Kind of hungry for a little barbecue. How about you, lovely couple?"

They both looked at Dean with a pointed look but for Karina a disgusted look. Dean noticed them both, and asked them innocently, "What, we can't talk to the locals?"

"And the free food's got nothing to do with it?"

"Of course not. I'm a professional."

"And after everything I said to you about dead meat, you're suddenly in the mood for a barbeque?"

Dean glanced at Karina and smirked at her. She raised her eyebrows and looked at the distance. She muttered as she shook her head, "You're a psychopath."

Dean was still smirking as he pulled up on a street. Aiming to the open house. They all get out of  the car, seeing a series of neighborhoods and people surrounding the open house. They all walked up on the sidewalk, looking at the people.

Dean commented to them out loud, "Growing up in a place like this would freak me out."

Karina asked, "Why?"

"Well, manicured lawns, how-was-your-day honey?" I'd blow my brains out."

Sam said, "There's nothing wrong with normal."

"I'd take our family over normal any day."

When they all approached the house, Dean knocked on the door. The door revealed a middle-aged man standing, seeing three people smiling softly at them.

The homeowner answered them with a nice gesture smile, "Welcome."

Dean asked, "Is this a barbeque?"

Karina closed her eyes, shaking her head. The homeowner answered Dean's question, "Yeah, not the best weather, but..."

The trio looked around, seeing cloudy weather. Karina disagreed with his opinion. The man introduced himself. "I'm Larry Pike, the developer here. And you are...?"

The man shook Dean's hand first, and then Karina's and Sam's. Dean introduced them, "Dean. This is Karina and Sam."

"Hello, nice to meet you. Who is interested in Oasis Plains?"

Karina smiled softly at Larry, "The boys are, I'm joining the ride with them."

Larry nodded softly, "Let me just say- we accept homeowners of any race, religion, color, or... sexual orientation."

Karina pressed her lips together, realizing what his mind was getting into. Then Winchester realized what Larry was thinking of them. Sam smiled a little until Dean understood him.

"We're brothers."

Larry was slightly embarrassed about his approach. Karina holds her hands to calm him down, with little comfort. "I'm gay, so... Spending time with them made me realize that."

The boys' side glared at her, while Karina was still laughing inside. Sam slowly turned to Larry and moved aside with the topic. "Our father is getting on in years, and we're just looking for a place for him."

"Great, great. Well, seniors are welcome, too. Come on in."

They all came in, and Karina giggled softly as she walked. Leaving Sam smiling, thinking about her laugh. When Larry guided them to the backyard, seeing many people chattering around. Eating some barbeque, discussing over the house. Along with other family members.

Sam asked Larry as they all continued walking, "You said you were a developer?"

"Eighteen months ago, I was walking this valley with my survey team. There was nothing here but scrub brush and squirrels. And you know what, we built such a nice place to live that I actually bought into it myself. This is our house. We're the first family in Oasis Place."

Karina looked at Sam, surprisingly shocked. Sam smiled at her face. Sam looked down for a moment before Larry introduced his wife. "This is my wife, Joanie." The trio shook their hands with her as she smiled at them.

Larry introduces her, "Sam, Karina, and Dean."

He whispered to her out loud, "Tell them how much you love the place, honey. And lie if you have to because I need to sell some houses."

Larry let her be with them. Joanie kept smiling at the trio, "Don't let his salesman routine scare you. This is a really great place to live."

A redhead woman approached behind her and introduced herself. "Hi, I'm Lynda Bloome, head of sales."

"And Lynda was the second to move in. She's a very noisy neighbor, though."

Karina smiled, almost flirting with her. Playing a role. "Oh, I bet... I like noisy."

Sam smiled at her joke, and Lynda chuckled. Joanie left them to be with Lynda. "She's kidding, of course. Who's interested in becoming homeowners?"

Karina pointed a finger at the boys, and Lynda nodded with understanding. The boys were stuttering with their words. Karina wanted to hear one more time between them. She was still laughing inside.

Lynda smiled as she continued on, "Well, let me just say that we accept homeowners of any race, religion, color, or... sexual orientation."

Dean chuckled as Sam scratched his head awkwardly. Karina was biting her lips to hold herself. "Right. Um... I'm gonna talk to Larry. Okay, honey?"

Dean smacked Sam's ass as he walked away. Karina just couldn't, she walked away. Heading straight to the beers. Leaving Sam along with Lynda in an awkward position. They're smiling at each other, awkwardly.

Karina was laughing hard as she reached for the beers. She grabbed one Bud Light. She opened the bottle with her teeth, she spits the cap on the grass. Not caring about manners.

She walked to Sam who was still talking with Lynda. She grabbed one of the chips, eating it. Lynda was talking to them about steam showers in the house. Sam and Karina noticed a tarantula crawling towards her hand on the table.

From a few feet away, they both saw a teenage boy, waiting excitedly, ready to scare her. Sam stops Lynda from talking with a nice gesture. Karina hands her beer to Sam. She walked toward the tarantula. Letting it come to her hand, Sam and Karina walked to a boy.

Karina gave his tarantula to the boy. To his hand. She smiled softly to the boy, "I believe this cute one is yours?"

He took it from her, embarrassed and guilty. "You gonna tell my Dad?"

Karina shrugged, and Sam handed her bottle back to her. "I don't know. I'm not a tattletale person. Who's your Dad?"

He scoffed, "Yeah, Larry usually skips me in the family introductions."

Sam inferred, "Ouch. First-name basis with the old man sounds pretty grim."

"Well, I'm not exactly brochure material."

Sam comforted him, "Well, hang in there. It gets better, all right? I promise."

"When?"

A commanding voice came appearing naming someone Matthew. It was Larry who was disappointed and most of all angry. Larry and Dean walked toward them. Sam and Karina turned to Matthew who was scared of him. He stood beside Matthew and used his disappointed tone according to a teenage boy.

He looked at Sam and Karina, "I am so sorry about my son and his... pet."

Karina shook her head, smiling a little. Thought of stabbing him for the way he talked to his son. "It's okay... No bother."

"Excuse us."

Larry walked away with Matthew. Dean walked to Sam and Karina. Leaving Karina a death glare on Larry while Sam looked at Dean. Getting a deja vu from his childhood.

Sam asked Dean, "Remind you of somebody?"

Dean looked at Larry who was arguing with his son. He looked back at Sam, confused. Sam spoke up from his mind, "Dad?"

"Dad never treated us like that."

Sam scoffed, "Well, Dad never treated you like that. You were perfect. He was all over my case." Dean thought for a moment and shook his head. Sam asked, "You don't remember?"

"Well, maybe he had to raise his voice, but sometimes, you were out of line."

Karina looked between them, reading the boys. Feeling awkward but intrigued learning about them. Sam continued on, "Right. Right, like when I said I'd rather play soccer than learn bowhunting."

Dean nodded, "Bowhunting's an important skill."

Sam rolled his eyes, "Whatever. How was your tour?"

"Oh, it was excellent. I'm ready to buy." Sam and Karina laughed. Dean continued on, "So, you might be onto something. Looks like Dustin Burwash wasn't the first strange death around here."

Karina asked, "What happened?"

Dean explained what he gathered, "About a year ago before they broke ground, one of Larry's surveyors dropped dead while on the job. Get this. Severe allergic reaction to bee stings."

"More bugs."

"More bugs."

When the night fell, Sam was driving through the neighborhood. Karina called the shotgun, reading her book, and looking up at the stars. Dean was examining John's journal in the back.

Dean began to speak up from his mind, "You know, I've heard of killer bees, but killer beetles? What is it that could make different bugs attack?"

Sam began to explain, "Well, haunting sometimes includes manifestations."

"Yeah, but I didn't see any evidence of ghost activity."

"Yeah, me neither."

Karina flipped to another page, "Ditto."

"Maybe they're being controlled somehow. You know, by something or someone."

Karina turned to Dean, "You mean like Willard?"

"Yeah, bugs instead of rats."

Karina shrugged by moving her head, thinking. "Well... there are cases of psychic connections between people and animals. Elementals, telepaths."

Dean was still reading the journal as he spoke up, "Yeah, the whole Timmy-Lassie thing." he stopped for a moment and looked at two people at the front. "Larry's kid. Got bugs for pets."

Sam asked, "Matt?"

"Yeah."

Sam stopped for a moment and pointed out, "He did try to scare the realtor with a tarantula."

Karina was reading the page as she spoke her mind, "But that doesn't mean that he's the guy or he's the Willard. He's just a teenager with hormones to scare people. I know you do that, Dean."

Dean grinned, thinking. Agreeing with her, "Yeah.. well..."

Karina turned her head and furrowed her eyebrows. She looked down, shaking her head. Dean moved aside, ignoring Karina's face. He looked at Sam, "You think he's our Willard?"

"I don't know. Anything's possible, I guess. Karina had a good point, though."

Dean thought for a moment, thinking about what two people said to him. He looked around for a moment, he came over to the front. He pointed at the house, "Ooh, hey, pull over here."

Sam pulled onto the empty driveway of one of the homes. Sam and Karina were confused about why Dean wanted Sam to stop there. Karina asked him, she closed her book, "What are we doing here?"

Dean got out of the car and walked around the car. Explaining to the people in the car. "It's too late to talk to anybody else."

He opened the garage door, and Sam got what Dean was thinking. "We're gonna squat in an empty house?"

"I wanna try the steam shower. Come on." Sam and Karina shared a look, and then looked at Dean. "Come on!"

Sam shook his head and pulled the car into the garage. As he was pulling in, Sam hit Dean on the pelvis, and Dean reacted to it. Ignored it as he closed the garage door.

Dean was laughing excitedly as he walked inside. Sam opened the door, and Karina slid toward Sam's side of the door. Sam stopped for a moment, he offered his hand to Karina. She grabbed his hand, letting her out of the car.

"Wow... this is the next level for me."

Sam chuckled, "Tell me about it."

Karina pulled her hand from Sam's gesture. They began walking inside the house. They went upstairs. Seeing three bedrooms. Two of them in each king's bedroom. Another one of them is like a little kid's room. One twin bed. It was pink-walled and had a pink bedroom.

They both heard the echoes of Dean's laughter downstairs still. They both shared a look and smiled a little. Thinking the same thing. They both hurried to each king's bedroom and began locking down their doors.

Sam and Karina got their own king bedroom. They both began laughing quietly. Even in separate rooms, they both have the same minds. They went to their peaceful sleep on the bed, with stars shining through.

"SON OF A BITCH!!"

***

After Dean finally got his steam shower and slept in the little girl's bedroom, Sam got a call from the police scanner. Someone died three blocks from where they were last night. It was a rainy morning. The coroner was bringing the stretcher of the dead body into the car. The Impala was pulled up on the street and the trio got out of the car.

The boys were carrying the black umbrellas and Sam was sharing one with Karina with him. They all walked toward Larry under a gray umbrella who was talking on the phone, he saw the trio walking toward him. Surprised.

"Hello, you're back early."

Dean explained, "Yeah, we just drove in. Wanted to take another look at the neighborhood."

Sam asked, "What's going on?"

Larry hesitated to answer and looked behind. Aiming to the stretcher in the van. He turned back to them, "You guys met, uh, Lynda Bloome at the barbecue?"

"The realtor."

The trio looked at him, shocked. Karina asked Larry, "What happened?"

"I'm still trying to find out. Identified the body for the police. Look, I-I'm sorry, this isn't a good time now."

Karina tried to comfort him, "It's okay."

Larry walked away from him, heading to the house with the police. The trio looked after him, and Dean turned to Sam and Karina. He asked, "You know what we have to do, right?"

Sam answered, "Yeah, get in that house."

Karina answered as well, "See if we have a bug problem."

When the trio entered the crime scene, they all saw a few dead spiders in the bathroom where Lynda died. Dean suggested one thing for a connection. Matthew. They all followed him as they waited for the school bus, stopping on the street. Letting him walk in another direction, not to his home. He walked to the woods.

The trio walked in the woods, following Matthew. He was examining the grasshopper on the branch of the tree. He enjoyed the view. He let it land on his fingers, smiling at it. Karina already knew that boy was innocent. He's just a teenager, enjoying his inner peace.

Karina walked further to Matthew, "Hey, Matthew. Matt. Do you remember me and Sam?"

Matthew looked at the trio, shocked and scared. Most of all, suspicious. "What are you doing out here?"

Dean answered, "Well, we wanna talk to you."

"You're not here to buy a house, are you?" Matthew stuttered nervously, "Wait, you're not serial killers?"

The trio smiled as Sam chuckled. Dean and Karina shared a look as they smiled. Sam understands him, "No, no. No, I think you're safe."

Matthew looked at each of them in suspension still, and Dean began to point him out. "So, Matt... you sure know a lot about insects."

"So?"

"Did you hear what happened to Lynda, the realtor?"

Matthew nodded, looking at Dean. "I hear she died this morning."

"Mm, that's right. Spider bites."

Sam reminded him, "Matt... you tried to scare her with a spider."

Matthew catches things up from what they're saying to him. "Wait. You think I had something to do with that?"

"You tell us."

"That tarantula was a joke. Anyway, that wouldn't explain the bee attack or the gas company guy."

Karina tilted her head, "You know about those?"

He nodded, "There is something going on here. I don't know what... but something's happening with the insects. Let me show you something."

He picked up his backpack and began walking to another area of the woods. The trio began to follow him. Karina walked further toward Matthew and began trying to understand him.

"If you knew all about what happened, why not tell your father? He could help everyone to get out."

"Believe me, I've tried. But... Larry doesn't listen to me."

"Why? You're his son, he should listen to you."

"Mostly? He's too disappointed in his freak son."

Sam scoffed and nodded slightly. Walking by Karina's side. "I hear ya."

Dean looked at Sam behind him. Surprised, "You do?"

Sam turned his back to Dean. He gave him a look. Karina looked at Sam, surprised to hear him too. Learning about Sam more. Sam continued walking by Karina.

He looked at Matthew and asked, "Matt, how old are you?"

"Sixteen."

"Well, don't sweat it, because, in two years, something's great gonna happen."

"What?"

"College. You'll be able to get out of that house and away from your dad."

Karina looked at Sam, understanding what he was going through with Matthew. He and he are both alike in the past. Karina heard some things about John Winchester, but like she said to Sam. Whether or not he is still a good man.

Dean spoke up from behind, "What kind of advice is that? Kid should stick with his family."

Sam sighed and glared at him. Karina looked at both of them, eyes widened. She mouthed at them, not now. The boys moved aside and kept walking.

Karina looked at Matthew and asked, "How further are we heading?"

"We're close."

The boys kept glaring at each other until Karina snapped them both. To get out of their minds and focus. They flinched by her snap at them and proceeded to follow her as she was following Matthew.

When they approach the trees, the soundings of different insects are heard in the ears. Karina was examining the trees in the woods, giving herself a soft smile. Remembering her home. Her lonely home in the cabin. Among the trees.

Matthew spoke up as he led them, "I've been keeping track of insect populations. It's, um, part of an AP science class."

Dean commented, "You two are like peas in a pod."

Sam asked, "What's been happening?"

Matthew looked at Sam, "Well, a lot. I mean, from bees to earthworms, uh, beetles. You name it. It's like they're congregating here."

Karina asked, "Why?"

He shrugged, "I don't know."

Sam looked into the arena further, and he noticed a dark patch of grass. He pointed out to Matthew. Matthew was curious about the unknowledge. Dean walked out of the group, walking toward it. The people followed him from behind. As they walked to the patch, a series of worms were surrounded.

Dean stepped on some of them, and they all fell to the ground. Creating a hole. Dean looked behind at the trio, and he crouched down, picking up a stick. He poked around the hole. Until a soft clunking noise appeared in his ears.

"There's something down there."

Dean put the stick down on the ground and put his hand into the hole. With the digested expression as he feels the tension of the surrounding object. He brought his hand back up, and everyone behind Dean looked horrified.

A human skull covered in dirt and worms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 762 12
cover it all up with lies i try to laugh about it hiding the tears in my eyes cause ๐—•๐—ข๐—ฌ๐—ฆ ๐——๐—ข๐—ก'๐—ง ๐—–๐—ฅ๐—ฌ โ—ฆโ€ขโ—ฆ seasons 3 - ?? *slow updates* โ—ฆโ€ขโ—ฆ W...
62K 2.3K 103
"one night he wakes strange look on his face pauses, then says 'you're my best friend' and you knew what it was he is in love" - "you are in love" by...
24.6K 933 89
"๐๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐‘๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ฅ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ." After four months, Huntress and the Winchesters are back at it again, or are they? The world has mystery, co...
322 15 20
The Winchester brothers had been on the road together since their father had gone on a hunting trip and hadn't been home in a few days. They end up s...