The Crow

By phonywriter

{Mature Content; viewer discretion is advised!} All characters that are not mine, rightfully belong to the au... More

{Ongoing Updates, Publishing, Warnings}
๐ŸŒŸ
Chapter 1. Red
Chapter 2. Games
Chapter 3. Best Friend
Chapter 4. Secrets
Chapter 5. Letters
Chapter 6. Legilimency
Chapter 7. Jealousy
Chapter 8. Cries
Chapter 9. Perfection
Chapter 10. A Broken Piano
Chapter 11. New Beginnings
Chapter 12. Answers
Chapter 13. Silence I
Chapter 14. Silence II
Chapter 15. Understanding Your Enemy
Chapter 16. Live to Love
Chapter 17. Repetition
Chapter 18. Last Forever
Chapter 19. Summer
Chapter 20. Undeniable
Chapter 21. Change
Chapter 22. Bird
Chapter 23. Party I
Chapter 24. Party II
Chapter 25. Distraught
Chapter 26. Amortenia
Chapter 27. Blinded
Chapter 28. Fiery
Chapter 29. Realization
Chapter 30. Burning
Chapter 31. The Journal
Chapter 32. I'm Yours
Chapter 33. Second Love
Chapter 35. Deathly Burdens I
Chapter 36. Deathly Burdens II
Chapter 37. Drained
Specialty Chapter 1. Harry Potter
Specialty Chapter 2. Draco Malfoy
Chapter 38. To Stoke A Fire
Chapter 39. Compromise
Chapter 40. Lost and Found
Chapter 45. Forgotten

Chapter 34. Party Crasher

207 7 3
By phonywriter

**CONTENT WARNING**This chapter contains mature content such as emotional, physical and mental trauma. Material is explained further, see information in "Ongoing Updates, Publishing, Warnings."

Neveah Crow

"You almost ready 'Mione?" I called out, assessing myself in the mirror.

"Just about!" She answered from the bathroom. "How do I look?" Hermione walked out looking as stunning as ever. A nervous smile fit into her pink dress.

"Words cannot describe how beautiful you look, Hermione." I beamed.

"Thank you, Nev. You look amazing as always."

I had chosen a similar dress to the one I tried on a few days ago. It was a little more modest, but just as perfect. Wearing the original dress felt... dirty.

"You ladies ready?" A short knock at the door.

"Harry!" I beamed.

"You look beautiful." He grinned.

"You look beautiful." I laughed, so did he. And that was no short of the truth. Harry wore a fitted tux, causing his broad shoulders to peek through. His hair was promptly parted at the side, a fly away hair landing on his forehead. His deep red tie matched my dress perfectly.

"These are for you." I didn't notice his hand behind his back until a bouquet of white tulips were presented in front of me.

"Harry- you didn't." I gratefully took the flowers in my hand, taking a soft sniff. "It's just dinner and a gathering... you didn't have to."

"That makes it worth it." He said, pointing to the cheesy grin on my face.

I shook my head as I put the flowers on my nightstand.

"Okay lovebirds, let's get going. No need to be late due to your cheesy flirting." Hermione made herself present again.

"Okay, okay, let's go!" 'Mione followed me out the door as I asked, "Wait, where's Ron?"

Hermione and Harry seemed to give each other a knowing glance.

"We had a- disagreement." She mumbled.

"What?" I said a little louder than intended. "What do you mean?"

"I'll tell you later, okay?" She smiled, nodding her head to leave. "Let's go."

Dinner went by extremely slow. And by the looks on everyone's faces, they agreed. Needless to say, we were happy to make our way to the party hall. The room was filled with lavish guests, in lavish outfits, with lavish status. I was content remaining in the corner.

"What a drag." Harry's voice startled me from behind.

"You jerk!" I gave him a soft slap on the arm, "You scared the shit out of me."

"Apologies, Ms. Crow." He grinned.

"Oh not you too. Their posh is rubbing off on you." I gave him a sarcastic look up and down.

"Hey, isn't this supposed to be your thing? Fancy gatherings, money people?"

"No," I tried not to snort, "Technically this is yours too, Mr. Potter."

"I was too busy trying not to... die. Always missed the date." He gave a smug look, "I lived under the stairs, what's your excuse?"

"Must you use that every time?"

"Yes. Your turn."

"I was uh-," I swallowed, "I wasn't supposed to exist, remember?" Harry looked at me, sincerity replacing the jokes. "Only Granny and Gramps got the pleasure." I chucked, trying to erase the discomfort.

"Guess we're in a class of our own, aren't we?" He bumped my arm with his shoulder, "The sponsors should be giving a speech soon, let's make our way to the front. See what we were missing out on, hmm?"

"I'm sure not much," I smiled, taking his hand in mine as we reached the short stage where Slughorn stood.

"Evening ladies and gentlemen!" The room quieted, "This year I was honored by teaching this year's class. 50 years I taught, and I am glad to be returning to such an incredible bunch of wizards and witches." He smiled awkwardly, looking around the room, "Ah! Especially our own Harry Potter. Top of the class!"

I gave Harry a dramatic gasp, clapping along with the rest.

"And of course we can't forget Miss Neveah Crow!" I choked at my name. "Which brings us to our sponsor! Let us give a warm welcome to Mrs. and Mr. Crow!"

What?

Applause filled the room as my grandparents stepped out from the shadows. A prestigious smile on their faces as they waved. I felt the room spin and shrink. I could have sworn the floor had begun moving. I couldn't seem to respond. My body didn't dare move. I'm surprised my heart kept beating.

"Neveah, Neveah, Darling." A voice, "Come on, come back to me." Harry's hand at my back steadied me, causing me to return to my senses. "It's okay. It's okay." He whispered.

"Thank you, Horace. You're too kind." My grandmother said as he stepped off the stage.

"Good evening." Crawford Crow demanded the room. "I am pleased to know we are raising such an incredible group of wizards. You people know more than anything how important this generation is." The crowd nodded in agreement. "And there's an important lesson here. A lesson of what not to do." Cold, cold eyes fell upon me.

Oh god.

"Horace, you mentioned my granddaughter here," his hand stretched towards me, drawing eyes from all directions. "But I fear there is a mistake. See, this is the lesson. This is what not to do."

Harry's grip tightened. I felt the breath escape my lungs, my vision becoming blurry again. Memories flooded in reminder

***
"Please, please I'm sorry. I'll do better. I promise. Grandfather please."

"Begging gets you nowhere."
***

"Neveah had the world in her hands. A natural gift." He stood tall, looking down on me like the child I was. "What a waste. This is someone who will always disappoint. You can give all your faith, guidance, and love, and still be rewarded with a mistake."

***
"I didn't ask for this. I never wanted you. Why did you live? Hmm? Tell me! Tell me why you shouldn't have been the one to die?"
***

"I am disgusted to say, 'Miss Neveah Crow.' So... unworthy of that name. They say you cannot pick your family, yet I am happy to say that she is not mine." He grinned. He smiled. He almost laughed.

***
"You will bring nothing but disgrace to us. Do you understand?"

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm s-"

"DON'T SPEAK."
***

"A toast, a toast on what not to do!" He finished, raising his glass.

Others awkwardly followed suit, hesitantly raising their glasses in the air. I didn't move, I didn't breathe.

"Neveah, come on, let's go." Harry nudged me away, "Come on, I got you."

"Yes- um. Thank you Crawford." Slughorn took the stage once more. "Mr. Malfoy?"

Heads turned at the disruption. Draco stumbling on the floor, Snape holding him by his collar. He caught my eye, a knowing look in his eyes. Pity, maybe.

I felt sick to my stomach. The air was suffocating. I couldn't- I couldn't stand it. All the people, all the eyes. I didn't want to be touched, I didn't want to be seen, I didn't want to be comforted. I felt like a helpless child again. Run.

And so I did. How embarrassing. How- disappointing.

The cold air crashed into me, causing me to gasp. I nearly choked trying to find a breath. The world was crashing onto me again.

Why? What did I do? I'm sorry. I don't understand. I'm sorry. Please.

The trees were falling into each other, the ground was falling into pieces. I didn't know what was real. I couldn't see past the blaring red in my eyes. Run. Keep running.

I could hear Harry shouting, chasing. I needed to get away. I needed to escape.

Without a thought, I was gone. I didn't think about my destination, a poor choice when apparating. My body ached with splints once I found myself at my parents grave.

I collapsed into the ground, cries shouted through my lungs. Falling onto their tombstones, my body finally gave out. Overly exerted, mentally and physically.

"Mom... Dad..." I sobbed, "Please- please come back. Please."

"Oh you poor... poor thing." A streaming voice filled the dark air around me. "You must be so hurt." His hand reached for my head.

"Don't touch me." My head whipped, catching his wrist in my hand. Tears seized at his face. My heart cold. "Must we meet again? I thought I made things quite clear last time, Voldemort."

"The times are changing, my child." He didn't remove his hand from my grip. His eyes pierced mine. "This is your last chance. Before you end up like them."

His crooked finger extended to my parents grave. And the fire was back. Burning. Burning.

"Did you really think... I'd change my mind?" My grip tightened around his wrist, anger boiling his skin. I felt insanity in my eyes. "Did you think I'd wish to win on your side?"

"Let go of me child." His eyes simmered, pulling back slightly. "Be lucky I gave you a warning."

"Is it because you know you will lose?" I rose to my feet, eyes locked on his. "Why else must you urge me to your side? Do you... fear me?"

"Do not embarrass yourself Miss Crow. I am the one you should fear." He held his head tall, trying to tower once again.

"Then why do you burn at my touch?" As if he didn't notice, he finally acknowledged the simmer beneath my hand. "This power, this is what you want. This is what you're scared of."

My body was shaking. From anger, or magic, I couldn't tell. The floor shook as if it was an earthquake. The air closed in as if leaving the atmosphere. And I watched as Voldemort struggled to remain his composure.

"Thank you for visiting Tom. I do feel quite better now."

And with a distasteful look he was gone just as quickly as he appeared.

The times are changing, my child.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 85.4K 192
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
1.3M 55.8K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
190K 6.7K 95
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
382K 14.4K 44
แ€ค Fic แ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ€กแ€›แ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€›แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€…แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ แ€กแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€กแ€”แ€พแ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€žแ€ฌแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€‘แ€ฌแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ Big Warning ๐Ÿšจ18+ Fic แ€แ€•แ€ฏแ€’แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ‹