Dawn - The Burning Night

By MedievalTomboy

Book 2 of 'Dawn' trilogy When two bright eyes know only the world of evil, there is always a third eye, somew... More

Things to know
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57 Epilogue of Book 2
Dawn - The Morning Twilight

Chapter 1

281 40 8
By MedievalTomboy

Acacia Point of View

What you know is a drop and what you don't know is an ocean.

I've always heard this quote and quite agree to it; only now I think that ocean is a very small reference to what was happening around me.

When my parents named me Acacia Dawn Winters, they wanted me to be honorable and a ray of light to people around me.

Typical, I know. But hey, I love my name despite of any meaning they attach to it.

Honorable –

Ray of Light –

Only now did I understand what a joke it was.

The moment my consciousness has started to slowly fill back into my dark parts of my brain, the past one year on the abandoned spooky island played like a dream.

A nightmare!

Everything that happened to me hit me hard again and again as the awareness of my surroundings was getting clearer.

One by one, every moment was like a hammer on nail hitting inside my mind, causing me pain yet numbing me from inside. And when the dream of life's reality came to climax, I gasped out loudly and opened my eyes like a shot of bullet.

My baby!

My son!

I don't know when I started to cry but when my eyes were shot open, I could already taste salt on my lips. Slowly, my surrounded came clearer to me and the ache in my body told me about its presence.

Trailing my eyes around, I knew I was being too hopeful for all the hell of past months to be a nightmare. What I'm seeing now is no different than what I have in all these months here.

I was lying on the soft bed in the room that I have occupied in an year of my stay in the castle.

There were a few changes in the décor, the room was blinding neat and smells mildly good. I, myself, was in neat clothes and the same bed that was previously drenched in child birth blood is now all clean and new.

Immediately my eyes landed on a crib that was situated a step away from the bed and a small sigh escaped my mouth.

Gritting my teeth, my silently bore the pain and exhaustion of childbirth and sat up with great difficulty. I don't know for how long I was asleep but now that I'm all awake, I can no longer feel the coldness of being alone.

The air has warmth of being surrounded by many.

There was buzzing of footsteps moving outside my room. There was laughter, loud chatting, hollering and hooting; I can feel sitting in the middle of a lively town.

"Why is it so damn loud here suddenly?" I wondered out. Before preparing to stand up, I drank some water from the glass on the nightstand. Only when I was not limply tired did I slowly attempted to stand up.

It took me a few minutes, yes but once I stood and no longer felt that painful, my legs carried me towards the window from where the buzz of several people can be heard.

Holding the windowsill tightly, I sighed heavily and leaned against the sill and looked out. The eyeball were almost out of my sockets when I saw the scene before me.

The once wild jungle was now occupied by houses and people. The once small island now looks like it has stretched to several hundred miles which now looks like not a mere small town but a huge city.

"How long was I asleep?" I thought when I could see a market place far away from the hill. Although pretty far, with the help of midday sun, I could see hundreds of people, old and young, rich and poor, going around buying and selling things.

Wait, Was I out for a decade or something?

It can't be that long, does it?

Moving hastily, I reached the crib that was beside my bed and found it empty. My hands held the railing of the crib tightly as I breathed in slowly.

Don't tell me I missed many years of my son's life?

Whoever is the cause – that's right, this is all because of the jerk who has a name that sounded like salmon.

Yes, that man who called himself the father of my son!

I'm going to kill that man and dry his flesh, powder it and use as a fertilizer once I get home.

"My lady, you are awake. Please accept my greeting." I was already at the height of my mood and when I saw a middle aged woman wearing ancient clothes, standing before me with her head bowed down.

What ticked me off was her smile. She was actually smiling at me genuinely and respectfully.

"My lady? What if I don't I accept your greetings?" I could feel the shift in my personality after I got here.

It's like all the fierceness that was locked inside me, that even I don't know I have, was coming out slowly.

"Where is my son?" I asked curtly when I saw the woman shifting from one leg to another anxiously.

"My lady, young prince is with the honorable king." I opened my mouth and closed it speechlessly like a fish gasping for air.

Young prince?

Honorable king?

What exactly is happening here?

By the word 'Honorable King', does it refer to the jerk? I scoffed internally when even a horrible jerk like him is called honorable.

Not to forget, he is called an honorable King. He is a ruler of some place? God bless the citizens.

"I shall arrange a bath and lunch for you, My lady. I shall lead you to the honorable King then." She said bringing me out of my thoughts.

"That can be later, take me to my son first." I was already wearing a presentable dress so food and bath can wait.

I need see how old my son is now. Does he know me? Does he remember me?

Did the jerk introduce the comatose mother to my son?

"Yes, My lady." The woman continued to be unbearably polite and excited, God knows for what reason.

She led me out through my room towards where my son is. Once I stepped out of my room, there were several women wearing similar kind of dress like a uniform and all of them bowed at me with fear.

They stopped where they are and bowed until I passed the hallway. None dared to look at my face and had their head buried in their own chest; that is how flexibly they bowed.

If the castle before was majestic, now it was beyond any imagination I ever had. Now, it looked like life and soul was filled inside every brick and sand of this place.

This castle, now, looks like a real place where a King should live.

We passed by the study rooms and the secret room and stood before an open balcony beside the secret room which wasn't there before.

Frowning at the changes, I followed the woman out into the balcony where a bridge was paved connected to the tower of grand hall.

Crossing over, the woman held her hand before me to take it when we arrived at a set of stairs. "Please hold my hand and descent down slowly, My Lady."

I did not show any resistance and took the support she offer. After getting down a set of spiral staircase, we came in front of the grand hall that I remember from before.

Only, this time, it was not empty but in and out it was filled with people wearing ancient outfits.

I did not see any guard on the main building but here, the whole tower is surrounded by several guards. The door to the grand hall is guarded by a pair of large titan like monstrous people bearing a huge scowl on their faces as if someone stole their breakfast.

"The King and the officials are inside. You people cannot go inside." A very rude titan spoke, ready to spit on us like I am far far below to him.

"Preposterous! Announce the arrival of My Lady." The woman beside me spoke just like those head maidservants from the historical dramas.

This one's acting is much better and realistic, I say.

Hearing those words, the titan like guards almost scrambled to floor and apologized profusely. I only nodded my head with impatience and heard loud familiar voice coming from inside the hall.

"Ah, the jerk is indeed inside." I spoke as I walked inside ready to blow off his head. Both the titan guards eyes widened at my words but did not retort back.

Good for them. With all the anger and many other emotions that were suppressed inside me for so many months, I would've burnt them alive if they said something back to me.

The loud boisterous room fell silent when I stepped inside the room. Old and young, several officers occupied the seats on either side of the throne while the man who I remember to be the jerk sat on the throne with a small bundle wrapped in towel in his hands.

My son!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

First chapter of book 2 is here. Enjoy!

This is the continuation of Book 1 -Dawn The Midnight Light, so please read that book first before reading this.

What do you think about the chapter? Good?

Acacia woke up and is very much alive. How will her fate turn out to be now?

Don't you think Acacia's personality is upgraded from the previous book?

If you are looking for Tzalmon's characteristics in Acacia point of view, then forget it. She will not describe his looks anytime soon.

Who exactly is Tzalmon? How come the island changed completely suddenly?

How long was she unconscious?

Please shower me with votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends.

Lots of Love

Lady Prim

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 100 41
Book 1 of The Behold Series ^_^ Alexander Blaze goes on a long quest to prove himself worthy of the Elemental Kingdom's Throne against his younger br...
5.1K 110 14
*Book 3 of the Born To Burn Series* ONLY CHAPTER 1-10 ARE OPEN WE ARE OFFICIALLY ON AMAZOM KINDLE! ❤️ PLZ CONTINUE TO SUPPORT ME THERE. I ❤️EACH AND...
5.5K 137 13
The bringer of wanton anguish jeers at all who fall before its machinations! Its shadow is like smoke on the wind, all who detect it know of a fire b...
2.5K 283 25
Written By: Emrald2222 The Fire Trilogy: Book 3 "Pages burning so bright even the sun basks in its glory" -WhiteArrow ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Aubrey is a w...