Once Upon Online

By ryeji4life

Yeji living in Canada with her boyfriend and daughter. She's very unhappy with her life. She meets a guy onli... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
chapter 62
chapter 63
chapter 64
chapter 65
chapter 66
chapter 67
chapter 68
chapter 69
chapter 70
chapter 71
chapter 72
chapter 73
chapter 74
chapter 75
chapter 76
chapter 77
chapter 78
chapter 79
chapter 80
chapter 81
chapter 82
chapter 83
chapter 84
chapter 85
chapter 87
chapter 88
chapter 89
chapter 90
chapter 91
chapter 92
chapter 93
chapter 94
chapter 95
chapter 96
chapter 97
chapter 98
chapter 99
chapter 100
chapter 101
chapter 102
chapter 103
chapter 104
chapter 105
chapter 106
chapter 107
chapter 108
chapter 109
chapter 110
chapter 111
chapter 112
chapter 113
chapter 114
chapter 115
chapter 116
chapter 117
chapter 118
chapter 119
chapter 120
chapter 121
chapter 122
chapter 123
chapter 124
chapter 125
chapter 126
chapter 127
chapter 128
chapter 129
chapter 130
chapter 131
chapter 132
chapter 133
chapter 134
chapter 135
chapter 136
chapter 137
chapter 138
chapter 139
chapter 140
chapter 141
chapter 142
chapter 143
chapter 144
chapter 145
chapter 146
chapter 147
chapter 148
chapter 149
chapter 150
chapter 151
chapter 152
chapter 153
chapter 154
chapter 155
chapter 156
chapter 157
chapter 158
chapter 159
chapter 160

chapter 86

1.9K 84 28
By ryeji4life

It's only a few days before Christmas and some family members are gonna be arriving today. All of them are gonna stay at hotels or rented houses since my sister's house is too small for everyone.

I'm excited to see my family for the most part except my aunt from my dad's side.

After Ryujin's second proposal, I somehow feel closer to her. Maybe the fact that she chose a song that showed my hesitation then reminding me once again in front of a lot of people that she will always be there for me.

My coworker Tyler congratulated us after but I didn't like his attitude towards Ryujin. I don't think Ryujin liked him either which is a rare thing for her not to get along with other people. I thought maybe Tyler does want sleep with me but even if I'm single did he really think I would sleep with him so I'm not sure why he would act like that towards my girlfriend, I mean fiancé.

Ervin is home now too and everyone is so excited to have him around. He's like the star of the show. Eva is such a good little sister to him too and Gabe is practically the big brother of the two. I'm amazed with how lucky we are to be surrounded with such good kids.

I am struggling with breastfeeding him though. He's so used to drinking my milk using bottles that he has a hard time latching on my nipple when I try to breastfeed him.

My mom and John also arrived here yesterday. John got to meet Ryujin's family for the first time. He's a quiet guy. He doesn't really interact with us. I'm not sure if he doesn't like us or if he's just not comfortable but he does take care of Eva well. If she wants to play, he's always willing so at least that's something.

Travis' parents arrived yesterday too. They went with my mom. When they found out everyone is coming here, they decided to join too.

With all these people coming, there was a problem of how everyone was gonna fit here to celebrate Christmas but Mrs. Shin solved that. She rented a hall, pretty much for my family to have a holiday family reunion.

Mrs. Shin is probably one of the nicest people I've ever met. The Shin's in general are very nice.

Right now, all three mothers are in the kitchen because they wanted to cook for us. John and Travis' dad are in the living room with us because they didn't want to get in the way.

Ervin is in the room, sleeping but I have the baby monitor with me at all times so I'll know when he wakes up.

"Yeji, I'm glad to see that you're engaged and happy. I was worried about you for the longest time. You kept getting into the wrong crowd and wrong things" Uncle Tony, Travis' dad tells me.

"I did not expect your fiancé to be a woman though" he chuckles.

I frown and he must have noticed, "Oh I'm not against it. It's just crazy how life is. I remember when you were in high school, you were so eager to find your perfect husband so you can escape from that town. But you still left even without having your perfect husband. Karina is a big part of our life so you became a big part of it too. I've seen some of your struggles so I'm glad you look happy now" he gives me a warm smile.

Travis' family is pretty great too. They've offered to help me multiple times in the past but I didn't want to feel like a burden to them so I always refused.

After that conversation, I look to see where Ryujin is. She's playing chess with Travis. I smile seeing her so focused. The two apparently enjoy playing chess competitively so that's what they're doing while Yuna watches.

"I didn't know you had that timer thing for chess" I say to my sister.

"It's a chess clock. Don't let Travis hear you call it a timer. He'll go bezerk" Karina sighs.

"Ryujin has one too. She said don't bother playing chess if you're not gonna take it seriously" Lisa comments.

"Yea. Ryujin has a tendency to be competitive. She might be caring and giving but once she's playing a game, she aims to win" Rosé chuckles.

"Why is Yuna watching the game so intently? It can't be that fun" I question.

"She's the arbiter. Referee in chess. She's making sure that the two follow the rules and laws of the game" Lisa answers.

"Damn" I hear uncle Tony say. I see that he's been listening to us and watching the two play as well.

"I thought Travis was the only one who played chess seriously even when it's not a real competition" he chuckles.

Eva runs up to me, "Mommy, can Rujin play with us?" She ask while hugging my neck.

"That's up to her" I say to her.

"Is Rujin leaving again?" She suddenly ask.

I remove some loose hair from her face, "What do you mean?"

"Like goes home to the far place with Gabe" she says.

"At some point, she has to sweetie" I smile.

"But you're happy and I'm happy when she's here" She pouts.

"I know but we will all be together soon" I kiss her cheek.

"Is Rujin my Dada?" She furrows her brows cutely.

The question completely surprises me. Does she not remember Dana at all? She really hasn't questioned why we're not staying with him anymore. I assumed she's just happy that she has other playmates aside from me when we moved in with my sister.

"Well, sweetie, she's not your Dada but she can be if she's okay with it" I say.

"Okay" she smiles.

I chuckle and hug her. She's the one good thing that came out from my irresponsible actions back then.

"I'm not crying. You are" I hear my sister say to Rosé.

I look over and I become concern. Why is my sister randomly crying.

"What's wrong?" I ask and Eva jumps off from me to play with Gabe again.

"It was just so cute. I couldn't help it" my sister shows her ugly cry face.

"It was cute" Lisa says.

"Boom! I beat you!" I hear Ryujin shout.

"Ryujin! That's not good sportsmanship" I say to her.

"But—" she gets cut off.

"Travis probably deserves it. He tends to talk shit a lot. I bet he's called Ryujin so many mean names during this" My sister says.

"I don't talk shit!" Travis argues.

"Yes you do!" Both Karina and Uncle Tony snap at him.

Ryujin sits next to me and hugs me while nuzzling her nose on my neck. I lean my head on hers when I feel her give my neck some kisses. She stops but stays in that position.

"Are you happy you won?" I ask.

"Mhm" she nods her and her movement tickles me a bit.

"Are you okay?" I ask because she's being extra clingy right now.

"Mhm. Just tired and you smell good" she kisses my neck again.

We suddenly hear Ervin cry so I get ready to get up but Ryujin stops me.

"I'll get it" she says, standing up.

"But you're tired" I say to her.

"It's okay" she smiles at me then runs to my room.

"Is baby Ervin awake now? Do you wanna see your mommy? Is that why you're crying?" I hear her baby talk Ervin through the baby monitor.

"Ohh yes. Mommy is outside so let's go see her" she continues to say.

She walks out of room and hands me Ervin. She sits next to me then Eva out of nowhere sits on her lap.

"Are you done playing?" Ryujin ask Eva.

"No. Just taking a break. Gabe had to poo" she announces.

"Rujin, can you be my dada?" Eva ask with a very serious look on her face.

She looks around at everyone then at me then back to Eva. She looks unsure. I guess I understand if she doesn't want to.

"Well I'd love to but your mom has to be okay with it too" Ryujin pinches her cheeks.

"She said to ask you so now you're my Dada" she hugs Ryujin.

Ryujin didn't hesitate to hug her back and I realized that she looked unsure earlier because she wasn't sure if I'm okay with it.

"Why is there so much cuteness tonight?" My sister is crying again.

"Damn hormones!" She sobs.

"Travis. Come here and hug me right now!" She demands.

Travis panics but quickly runs to Karina to hug her.

"Ryujin, can I talk to you privately?" John ask. I look at him because he's been quiet this whole time so why does he want to talk to Ryujin.

"Yea, sure" she stands up, still holding Eva but she sets her down next to me before walking outside with John.

Being the curious person that I am, I decide to quietly follow them so I give my baby to Rosé. I'm not sure what John is gonna say or do so I don't want him to say hurtful things to Ryujin.

I make a mistake by not putting on a jacket so I'm freezing right now but I don't want to go back.

"Is everything okay?" Ryujin is the one to start the conversation.

"You know, I met Yeji and Karina when they're already adults so I didn't get to bond with them the way you're bonding with Eva.  I also wasn't blessed with a child in my first marriage so even though Yeji and Karina were already adults, I still saw them as my daughters but I couldn't act how I want to with them because I didn't want to make them uncomfortable, thinking someone else is trying to act like a dad to them" John pauses.

I'm surprise with what I'm hearing. I didn't think John actually cared about us but I feel bad because he was keeping his distance because he was afraid of being rejected by us.

"But I saw how their mom struggled whenever Yeji and Karina would suffer. Mainly, Yeji. You're young and I'm not saying your feelings for her is not genuine but I want you to be sure this is what you want. It's a very big commitment. Most people your age date and get to know each other but you're gonna end up being a parent to two kids. But if you really do know for sure this is what you want then I'm just asking you to please take care of Yeji. I know you already heard this many times from different people but I want to hear from you that you will do everything for her" John continues.

"I will. I know I'm still young and most people my age are having fun but I don't think I'm missing out on anything. I've done enough crazy things when I was in high school. I want my adventure now to be with Yeji and the kids. I want those kids to grow up happy and be filled with so much love that they dont know what to do with it. I want them to look back to their childhood and think 'wow my parents really cared about us and let us have fun' I don't want them to worry about things they shouldn't have to worry about" Ryujin tells John.

"Say, they grow up and want to meet Dana. Would that be okay with you?" John ask her.

"Even if I'm a part of their family, that decision will be up to them, Yeji, Eva and Ervin. I'll support whatever they decide but I'm gonna be keeping an eye on them to make sure Dana doesn't do anything stupid" Ryujin answers.

At this point, I think I've heard enough so I decide to go back to everyone else. John was giving Ryujin a fatherly talk and I smile thinking about it.

"Is everything okay with the two?" Karina ask as soon as I get back.

"Yes. John was just giving Ryujin the take care of me talk" I chuckle.

"Should I do that too?" Uncle Tony says.

"Pretty sure you already did earlier" Karina answers for me.

Ryujin and John are now back and it's perfect timing because food is ready. I take Ervin from Rosé and we all head to the kitchen. I sit down while still holding Ervin and Ryujin starts putting food on my plate.

I thank her while she cuts it up to bite size pieces so I can eat with one hand. I've never been this spoiled by someone in my whole life.

After dinner, we're all cuddle up in the living room watching a movie. Eva is sitting on Ryujin while Ervin is sleeping on my chest. I really hope Ryujin is okay with cuddling like this instead of just the two of us.

I'm trusting her that this is what she wants and that she won't get tired and leave someday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

436K 12.2K 41
Yeji, together with her friends, went to Jeju Island to celebrate their college graduation. While having a good time and living her life to the fulle...
641K 33.4K 86
Arranged marriage AU Shin Ryujin, the girl surrounded by rumors, finds herself in an arranged marriage with Hwang Yeji, the girl who closed herself o...
187K 8.2K 56
Ryujin falls for Yeji but she has a hard time coming to terms with it. I never know what to write for story description so take it or leave it lol.
99.2K 4.1K 18
Ryujin was completely head over heels for Hwang Yeji. Unfortunately, Yeji never noticed her throughout high school. Or, so she thought. Ryujin thoug...