𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐖𝐢𝐧�...

By DWeber02

"𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐊𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐋𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞." Brothers of Winchesters, Sam and Dean, got a voicemail from their father... More

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈
𝐈
𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐕
𝐕𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐗
𝐗
𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐋
𝐗𝐋𝐈
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈𝐈
𝐈
𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐕
𝐕
𝐕𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐗
𝐗
𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐋
𝐗𝐋𝐈
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈
𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐕
𝐕
𝐕𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐗
𝐗
𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐈𝐗
𝐗𝐗
𝐗𝐗𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐋𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐘𝐨𝐮

𝐕

1.5K 40 5
By DWeber02

After the witness of Bill Carlton, the trio decided to go to the sheriff's office one more time. The only thing they saw was Andrea and Lucas. They all walked in with Jake, and Andrea turned to them and was unexpected to see the trio as well. "Sam, Karina, Dean, I didn't expect to see you here."

Jake pointed out to his daughter, "So now you're on a first-name basis. What are you doing here?"

"I brought you dinner."

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. I really don't have the time."

Andrea looked at the trio and realized something about why they were there, "I heard about Bill Carlton. Is it true? Is something going on with the lake?"

"Right now, we don't know what the truth is. But I think it might be better if you and Lucas went home."

Suddenly, Lucas looked up at Dean from the chair, he looked frightened. He whimpered and started pulling Dean's arm like he was trying to say something to him. But he couldn't, he was still traumatized. Dean comforted Lucas, and Andrea grabbed her son and began to leave. While they were leaving, Lucas was looking at Dean all the way through the door.

They all, including Jake, went into the office. The boys sat in the chairs, and Karina stood between them, putting her hands on her hips. Taking the suspect to the sheriff. He began to refresh the story they told him about what happened with Bill, "Okay, just so I'm clear, you see something attack Bill's boat, sending Bill, who is a very good swimmer, by the way, into the drink, and you never see him again?"

Dean looked at the rest of the team, and looked up at Jake, "Yeah, that about sums it up."

"And I'm supposed to believe this, even though I've already sonar-swept that entire lake, and what you're describing is impossible and you're not really wildlife service? That's right. I checked. The department's never heard of you guys. "

That tenses the trio that they had been caught red-handed. Dean tried to explain but Jake stopped him, "Enough. Please. The only reason you're breathing free air is one of Bill's neighbors saw him steering out that boat just before you did. So we have a couple of options here. I can arrest you for impersonating government officials, and hold you as material witnesses to Bill Carlton's disappearance.'

Jake stares down at Sam, who is looking up at him, "Or we can chalk this all up to a bad day, you get into your car, you put this town in your rearview mirror, and you don't ever darken my doorstep again." This behavior caught Karina's attention, and so did the boys. He's hiding something, and he seems to be threatening enough to anyone, not just them.

Sam replied to Jake, "Door number two sounds good."

"That's the one I'd pick."

***

At nightfall, they were heading their way out of town. They were waiting at the traffic light, all Dean had to do was turn left. Karina didn't think it was a good idea to leave on short notice. She didn't care about Jake's warning to them. As she said, she'd been through the worst. The light was green, but Dean was stopping.

Sam pointed out for him, "Green."

"What?"

"Light's green."

Dean was hesitant and was thinking one thing. He turned right, heading his way back to town. Karina smiled a little, glad to know that he read his mind. Sam tried to point out again for another way.

Sam didn't give up on quitting, "But, Dean, this job--I think it's over."

Karina comes to the front and looks at Sam, "Are you sure about that, Sam?"

"Karina, I know you see it as I do. If Bill murdered Peter Sweeney, and Peter's spirit go its revenge, the case closed. The case closed, the spirit should rest."

"So what if we take off and this thing isn't done?" Dean asked Karina and Sam, "What if we missed something? What if more people get hurt?"

Sam asked Dean, "But why would you think that?"

"Because of the fact that the sheriff seemed to be threatening enough to scare people, and that includes Lucas. Right, Dean?"

Dean looked at Karina, eyebrows furrowed. Surprised that the huntress is clearly reading his mind. "Right... He was really scared."

"That's what this is about?"

Karina gave Sam a dead-fanned look, "It's called caring, Sam. You should try that." Sam tilted his head, annoyed. Karina's eyebrows raise up and pressed her lips together for speaking her opinion.

"I just don't want to leave town till I know the kid's okay."

Karina and Sam looked at Dean, bewildered and surprised, seeing another side of Dean. "Who are you, and what have you done with my brother?"

"Shut up."

"See, Sam? Caring..."

Sam rolled his eyes and chuckled at her sarcastic humor. He turned his eyes to the road.

After that moment back, they all arrived at Andrea's house. Not knowing that she's drowning in her bathtub. Sam turned to Dean to ask him one more time. "Are you sure about this? It's pretty late, man." Dean ignored his brother by ringing the doorbell.

The moment after it rang, the door revealed Lucas, desperately afraid. He was panting faster, looking at Dean. He ran upstairs, and the trio followed him. They all went upstairs, seeing the water coming out from beneath the bathroom door to the staircase. Lucas started knocking at the door, Dean pulled him away, and kicked down the door.

Karina and Sam entered the room, seeing the bathtub overflowing. Knowing that Andrea is drowning. They all stuck their arms in the bathtub and began pulling up as hard as they could. She was getting pulled back under, and they pulled up harder until she was out. They pulled her out of the tub and coughed up the water. Karina grabbed the towel and wrapped her body as she was still coughing.

***

After the late-night drowning, Sam was comforting Andrea to talk about what happened. All she gave him was a clue as she was drowning. She heard a child's voice saying to her to come to play with him. Dean was downstairs, looking for something to connect with Andrea's incident. Then he found something, he brought a scrapbook to his trio in the living room.

He opened the scrapbook, revealing a photo of boy scouts including Peter. He asked Andrea, "Do you recognize the kids in these pictures?"

"What? Um, no, I mean, except that's my dad right there. He must have been about 12 in these pictures."

Dean looked at Sam and Karina, "Chris Bar's drowning--the connection wasn't to Bill Carlton. It must have been to the sheriff."

Karina pointed out, "Bill and the sheriff--they were both involved with Peter."

Andrea looked at Karina, "What about Chris? My dad--what are you talking about?"

"Look, Andrea, I hate to be the one to say this. But I think he was involved with Peter's death."

Dean looked over to Lucas, who was looking in the distance. They all turned to Lucas, and he began to walk out of the house. Still silent. They followed him outside, and he looked at the ground, and then looked at Dean.

Dean's realization dawned on him and ordered Andrea and Lucas to stay at their house. Huntress and the Winchester grabbed the shovels from Dean's trunk and began digging the ground. They kept digging until Sam's shovel clinked something. They all looked at each other and began digging with their hands. They grabbed something and pulled up from the ground.

It was Peter's red bicycle.

The voice interrupted them, "Who are you?"

They turned their heads back, and it was Sheriff Jake, who was pointing the gun at them. Sam said, "Put the gun down, Jake."

"How did you know that was there?"

Dean accused him, "What happened--you and Bill killed Peter, drowned him in the lake, and then buried the bike? You can't bury the truth, Jake. Nothing stays buried."

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about."

"Don't give us that, you bastard. You and Bill killed Peter Sweeney 35 years ago. Now you have Peter's spirit who wants his payback after what you did to that sweet little boy." Karina said.

While Karina was talking, Andrea ran up to them. Sam continues, "It's gonna take Andrea, Lucas, everyone you love. It's gonna drown them and it's gonna drag their bodies God knows where, so you can feel the same pain Peter's mom felt. And then after that, it's gonna take you, and it's not gonna stop until it does."

"How do you know that?"

"Because that's exactly what it did to Bill Carlton."

"Listen to yourselves, all of you. You're insane."

Dean inferred, "I don't really give a rat's ass what you think of us, but if we're gonna bring down this spirit, we need to find the remains, salt them, and burn them into dust. Tell me you buried Peter somewhere. Tell me you didn't just let him go in the lake."

Andrea asked her father, "Dad, is any of this true?"

"No. Don't listen to them. They're liars, and they're dangerous."

"Something tried to drown me. Chris died on that lake. Dad, look at me." Jake looked at Andrea, still pointing a gun at them, "Tell me you--you didn't kill anyone."

Jake looked away and went silent on her words. He began to confess to all, "Billy and I were at the lake. Peter was the smallest one. We always bullied him, but this time... it got rough. We were holding his head under the water. We didn't mean to, but we held him under too long and he drowned. We let the body go, and it sank.'

Dean glanced at Karina and Sam, and Jake looked at Andrea, "Oh Andrea. We were kids, we were so scared. It was a mistake, but Andrea, to say that I have anything to do with these drownings, with Chris, because of some ghost--it's not rational."

"All right, listen to me, all of you." Karina ordered everyone, "We need to get you away from this lake as far as we can right now."

Andrea gasped at what she was seeing. Everyone turned their heads and they all saw Lucas sitting too close to the lake. They all ran faster to Lucas, shouting his name to stop him. His hand was reaching to receive his toy soldier floating on the lake. The voice is telling him to come to play with him.

A hand grabbed Lucas from the water and pulled him in. They all come running to the surface, and the head of Peter comes visible, stopping Jake. But the rest of the trio kept running to the dock and they all dive in to search for Lucas. Sam told Andrea to stay there on the dock while they all searched for Lucas.

They kept searching and searching and coming up upon the water for air. They all shook their heads, not seeing anything. Not even Lucas, they couldn't give up. They kept searching and going underwater. Jake walked into the lake, apologizing to Peter, and offered to take him instead of Lucas.

The trio came up for air and saw what they were seeing. Peter grabbed Jake and dragged him underwater. They all go underwater one more time to find Lucas. Karina and Sam came up through the water, they couldn't see him. It left Andrea afraid and worried, screaming at her son. But then, Dean appeared from the water, holding Lucas. Giving Lucas a chance to breathe air.

The mission is accomplished.

***

They all walked to Impala from the motel. Dean opened the car door, handed the duffel bag into the car, and slammed the door. Sam and Karina were reading Dean's face, guilt. For not saving Jake.

Sam approached Dean, "Look, we're not gonna save everybody."

Dean looked at Sam, "I know."

The voice of Andrea interrupted their thoughts, and there was Lucas carrying a plate of sandwiches. Alive and well. They walked over to them, and Andrea smiled at them. "We're glad to have caught you. We just, um, we made you lunch for the road. Lucas insisted on making the sandwiches himself."

Lucas looked up at his mother, "Can I give it to them, now?"

He finally spoke, and it was a sweet soft voice he asked Andrea. Karina smiled a little after hearing his voice while the boys looked at each other. Thinking the same thing she was thinking.

"Of course." Andrea kissed Lucas's head and they both turned to them.

Karina offered her hands to carry the sandwiches, "Come here. We'll load them in the car. Dean?" Lucas hands the plate to Karina, and Dean puts his arm on Lucas's shoulder and guides him to the car.

While Sam is checking with Andrea, Karina sets down the sandwiches on the backseat beside her. As she looked up at the scene between Dean and Lucas, "All right, if you're gonna be talking now, this is a very important phrase, so I want you to repeat it one more time."

Lucas exclaimed, "Zeppelin rules!!"

Karina shook her head at his obsession with classic rock, Dean raised his hand up to Lucas for a high five, and they high-fived each other. "You take care of your mom, ok?"

Dean stood up from his seat, and Andrea walked over to him and gave him a kiss. It left Karina and Sam looking at each other, impressed. It left Dean shocked, and began to move on. He looked at Karina and Sam looking at him and walked to the driver's seat.

"Sam, move your ass. We're gonna run out of daylight before we hit the road."

Karina looked at Andrea, "I guess that Jerry Maguire thing worked after all." Andrea chuckled a little and waved to her as she got in the car.

They all get in the car, watching Andrea smiling, and they all smile back. As Dean pulled back out, Andrea and Lucas waved them goodbye.

Now they're off on a new adventure.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.9K 1.5K 28
What would you do when you're getting hunted by the enemies of your father? I decide to try and live a human life as much as possible. But ofcourse t...
326 21 5
"He wanted to run to her, he wanted to make sure she was okay, but he couldn't. That wasn't his place...it was Sam's, he just had to let go" :-: Aft...
130K 2.5K 40
Dallas Winters was raised to be a hunter. When she was two, her mother died because of a yellow-eyed demon. Her father wanted revenge for her death...
263K 7.6K 125
After her parents were killed by hellhounds, Bobby Singer a close family friend took (Name) (Last Name) in and raised her since she was three years o...