Steven Universe AU 3 by: Samu...

By Samuel152

The third and (most probably) final story of the Steven Universe AU series. More

Chapter 1: Gardening
Chapter 2: Wholesomeness
Chapter 3: Economics
Chapter 4: Confrontation
Chapter 6: The Bolted Behemoth
AU Rap Song
Chapter 7: The Wait
Songs & Moonlight Shorts
Memes
Chapter 8: Unresolved Tension
Huge Gigantacus' Birthday
Chapter 9: A Different Perspective
Chapter 10: The Pains of Nostalgia
Chapter 11: Old Scars
Chapter 12: Bad Memories
Chapter 13: Opposites
Chapter 14: Obsessions

Chapter 5: Tea Time

83 2 13
By Samuel152

VIPs:

Wattreader7389
GachaEvery
Tyra_is_day_dreaming
RoseTheMagicalFlower
rosechuck_chuck
1amB0b
TheFireDragons
pvz_and_waffles

Second time featuring comments, and this is my first multi-comment feature and comment thread. If you don't know what I mean, I started featuring comments, and how it works if I find a funny comment, I feature it in the next chapter. I mentioned that if I'm torn between two, I feature both of them. Surprisingly enough, both comments are threads and both of them are featured by the same person.

First One:

That comment alone made me laugh until my face was red. I knew people would be commenting about what happened in Chapter 1, but something like what Wattreader7389 commented took it to the next level and I just find it hilarious. I knew I made it bluntly obvious something would happen, but in case someone didn't get it, this comment basically got the job done. 

The other replies in the comment made it better. I love it so much, thank you, Wattreader7389.

Second Comment, also by Wattreader7389:

That comment is onto something, something more important in the plot, and then Rose's comment sold it. Rose rarely types in all caps, and when I got a reply from her, I knew something was up. Rose hardly replies to comments by me, because she talks to me through Private Messages, or in real life.

If I was Wolfy Playz, Rose and Wattreader7389 would easily be put in The Hall of Shag. I honestly can't wait for more comments by them.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Rose sipped on some tea with sugar-cubes with Steven. "How was your day, Steven?"

"It was very good, Rose. Thank you for asking." Steven chirps.

"How about yours, White Diamond?" Rose glances over to the eldest Diamond.

"It was decent, Ms. Flower." White Diamond replied.

Rose dropped more sugar cubes in her tea. She does not have to worry about the calories, due to her not gaining or losing weight in her body, well, not body, but a stem. Steven and White still don't know what happens to the food or drink when consumed by Rose. 

And none of them will question Rose about it, not wanting to be rude and potentially anger her. Steven knows what the British flower is capable of, and does not want to be turned into a goat. 

"Rose?" Steven asks.

"Yes, Steven?" Rose glances back to him.

"You have some holes in your cape. Did you catch it on something?" Steven asked in concern.

Rose had forgotten that she hadn't repaired her cloak after the fight with Huge Gigantacus three days ago. Not wanting to stress Steven out with the new threat on Homeworld, Rose tells Steven a white lie.

"I caught it on something when traveling around on Homeworld."

It wasn't a total lie. Rose did caught it on something. She just didn't address why she was traveling around Homeworld.

"Oh, well, you could leave it here and Phoebe can sew it up for you." Steven offers.

"That's okay, Steven. I can sew it myself, but thank you for the offer." Rose ruffled his hair, which made White jealous.

White pretended to sip on her tea, not wanting to have liquid enter her body, or form. White does not want to experience the liquid exiting her form after drinking and digestion. 

Why she pretends to sip is so she doesn't feel left out. Rose can tell White isn't drinking the tea, since she never poured more tea in the cup.

"Well, I think I should be going." Rose said after Steven and White set their cups on the table, and then she made the tea set disappear.

"Stay safe, Steven. I'll see you again soon. Tell Phoebe I said hi." Rose and Steven hugged.

Rose made the thorns on her leafy-body disappear so she doesn't prick Steven. White folded her arms, almost huffing out loud.

"Goodbye, Steven. White, when you feel up to it, I wish to speak to you outside. Privately." Rose said before opening the door to outside and leaving the house.

White looked at the door and then at Steven.

"I wonder why she would like to speak to me." White pondered. 

"Maybe Rose wants to talk about how jealous you are." Steven answered.

White isn't too comfortable with Steven acknowledging her obsession with him. She preferred when it was only her knowing it. Steven finds it somewhat heartwarming that her obsession still hadn't changed over the years, even when he has been reduced of what he used to be. 

"I don't think so." White replied and she hugged Steven before leaving the house, since she planned on going back to Homeworld after her chat with Rose.

She savored it, because it was rare to hug Steven and not get weird exchanges from anyone else (since no one else is here). 

"Goodbye, Steven." White Diamond bids.

"Bye, White." Steven waved. "Don't worry, you're always welcome here."

"I can't always leave Homeworld. I'm just too busy." White Diamond sighs.

Steven sighed. "I wish I could to Homeworld without my issues stopping me. Then, I could go and see what you guys have done with the place."

White, still holding onto him, considered something. "I could try to erase the bad memories, and probably get rid of the trauma. But... I could potentially erase other memories unintentionally. I still haven't gotten better at using my power on one's memories. Last time I did, I drove Pink away from me and the others."

"Well, even if you could do it right, I would like to get better from it naturally. I would prefer not to use supernatural things or magic to get better until I just want to get better now." Steven replied.

White reluctantly lets go and stepped outside. "Rose?"

"I take it you just finished telling Steven that you could cure him with your power?" Rose recites perfectly.

"How did you know?" White Diamond gasp.

"Much like you, I know and see everything in this universe, since we both know the fourth wgasps. Rose explains.

They both looked at you before resuming their conversation. 

"Aside from our knowledge of the readers, that's not what I wanted to speak with you about." Rose continued.

"Then what is it?" White Diamond inquired.

"About our encounter with Huge Gigantacus. He's going to come back better and stronger with the Galaxy supporting him."

"How would we defeat him then?" White asked.

"We can't defeat him without removing his planets from the situation. We must dismantle his infrastructure." Rose answered.

"How could we do that without him noticing or stopping us?" 

"I know him, I know how to take his planets under his watch and not notice." Rose uses her experience to influence her answer.

"Great."

"I will let you all know when it's time to invade his territory. Right now, I'm needing to dine with Howard."

"Why?"

"Because Howard's jealous I have tea time with Steven. So, I planned one just for him, so he doesn't feel left out."

"I thought Howard lived here."

"No, he lives in Little Homeworld now." Rose corrected her.

"Aren't you going to be late?"

Rose smiled. "I'm magic, remember? I can teleport anywhere in the universe in an instant. Like this."

Rose teleports to Howard's house. It's fairly decent sized. Rose ringed the doorbell and waited for Howard to open it.

The door opens.

"Hello, Howard." Rose greets.

"Good day, Rose." Howard greets back.

"I brought the tea." Rose materialized the tea set.

"Good."

She floats to the table and slowly descends to a chair while Howard went to the kitchen to check the oven. It was on fire.

"AHH!" He opens the oven to see that the roast was burnt to a crisp. "Oh, no! The roast is ruined!"

He looks out the window to see the local burger joint. "But I could get something from the restaurant."

He goes to the window to open it and step out. But as his foot was close the the opened window, the door opens.

"Howard?" Rose asked, wondering why he was at the window.

"Oh, Rose! It's..." Howard took a moment to think of a justified excuse. "...time to dance! On the window!"

He starts to dance in a freeflow fashion to draw away the suspicion of him going out the window.

Rose's attention went to the oven which has steam coming out of it. "I do believe your oven has burst into flames."

"Uh, no... It's steam from the steamed roast." The oven door opens but he quickly closed the door with his leg. "Ha!"

Rose looked at him with concern but she turns around and floats back into the other room to wait for him to bring out the "steamed roast."

"Whew..." He goes out the window and runs to the burger restaurant.

5 Minutes Later:

Howard returns to the room with a few burgers on a platter. "As promised, I have brought steamed toast."

"What?" Rose looked a bit baffled. "You said steamed roast."

"Oh, no, I said steamed toast." Howard 'corrected' her.

"You call a hamburger steamed toahee. Rose reiterates.

"Yes... It's an American thing."

"Well, on behalf of Great Britain, no one calls a hamburger--"

"No!" Howard cuts her off by dlamming his fist on the table. "It's American!"

Rose held up her petal hands defensively. "Okay, okay."

"You haven't been in America for a long time. We've been calling 'em that since 2020."

Rose's eyes narrowed at him. "Howard, it's 2021. I've been in both America and Britain since I've arrived here last year with Steven."

"Did I say 2020? I meant 2002. Sorry, I mix up pronunciation of numbers."  He sits down and takes a sip of her tea that she had poured into a teacup for him.

She uses a knife to cut a small portion out of the 'steamed toast' and used fork to pick it up so she can take a bite out of it.

She swallowed the food. "You know, this tastes like the hamburgers from the local burger joint not too far from here."

"Oh, no. I promise you, it's my steamed toast." Howard lied.

It went into an awkward silence before she spoke again, unconvinced. "Your steamed toast?"

"Yes."

"And you call it steamed toast, when it is clearly a hamburger that has been grilled." Rose took off the bun to reveal the grilled patty.

"I... it's..." He smelled smoke. "Wait for a moment."

She takes a sip of tea while he goes into the kitchen.

He quickly comes back out with some smoke following him into the room. "Well, I'm full."

"Well, I'm going to--" She noticed the smoke from the kitchen. "Good Lord! What is happening in there?"

"Aurora Borealis." Howard quickly replied.

"Au-Aurora Borealis?!" Rose replied, baffled. "At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely in your kitchen?"

"Yes."

"...May I see it?" Rose asks curiously.

"No thank you, I'm afraid it is time for you to go. I'm sure you have things to do."

"I'm afraid you're right. I have an appointment not too long from now." Rose looked at her imaginary watch at her wrist (she doesn't even have a wrist).

They both went outside at front porch.

"Well, Howard, you're an odd fellow but your steamed toast is excellent." Rose compliments.

She starts to leave. Unbeknownst to her a fire was brewing inside the house. She can smell the smoke and she turns around to see if there was a fire. 

Howard was still on the front porch, waving her goodbye and she finally leaves. As soon as she was out of sight, he quickly goes back inside to find a fire extinguisher.

Elsewhere:

"Sir, I think you should rest. We just put a metal plate on your chest." Iron Boarder advises.

"I've been through worse." Huge Gigantacus commented, touching the metal plate underneath his new uniform. "Remember when she took my arm?" Huge Gigantacus demonstrates by taking off his right arm, revealing it to be a robot-prosthetic arm. "Or when she did the same thing on my back."

"Pretty soon, you'll lose your entire body and be a living cyborg with only your head being made of meat." Iron Boarder replied with concern.

"As long as I'm still in the fight." Huge Gigantacus insistz.

"She's gonna kill you, boss."

"She won't. She wouldn't be able to live with the guilt." The little man arrogantly replied.

"She seems more than capable. If you piss her off enough, she'll not care." Iron Boarder insisted, looking more concerned.

"And that'll be the day she puts me out of my misery." He clutched his chest in pain, feeling his heart touching the metal.

He waited until the pain went away.

"Maybe you could ask her to heal your body?"

Huge Gigantacus spats. "And I might as well propose to her, as well."

"Wait, really?"

"NO, NOT REALLY! I HATE HER! SHE'S CRITICALLY INJURED ME, HUMILIATED ME, AND RUINS MY FUN!" Huge Gigantacus screamed at the top of his lungs. "I'd rather eat her than to engage with a relationship with her!"

"You mean eat her out?"

"NO! NOT ORAL SEX!" Huge Gigantacus could feel his near-dead veins pulsing with pure anger. "I swear... I will fire you for your incompetence. She's a plant. We're omnivores, we eat meat and plants."

"So, you'd rather eat your most hated enemy than to marry her?"

"If I had to choose between the two, then yes, I would eat her. If I had my way, I'd just shoot her." Huge Gigantacus clutched his chest again, his anger upsetting his weak heart.

"Boss, you should really rest. Your heart cannot take any more stress."

"You only care because of your paycheck." Huge Gigantacus pushed him away.

Iron Boarder just left the room after that, not wanting to stress his employer out any more. Huge Gigantacus bites his teeth, letting out a pained grunt as he couldn't handle the pain.

"Damn you, Rose...!" Tears swelled in his eyes.

He pressed a button of his chair and it summoned a bottle of pills. He opened it and swallowed two pain killer pills. 

Suddenly, he felt his metal plate in his chest clipped loose.  "Oh, great!"

He wanted to call Iron Boarder for help, but he just sent him off, and his pride won't allow it. He grabbed the stabler in his compartment on the armrest of his chair and stabled the plate back on his body, very painful. He hopes to make Rose feel the pain he is experiencing before he kills her to make it more her death more satisfying.

End of Chapter 5

2/28/2022

Revised on: 4/6/2023

The Steamed Toast bit was inspired from this video:

And that video is a parody of this:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 78 9
A short story where Tom and Jerry meet Steven Universe. This may turn into a short story series. Both series belong to Warner Bros. Well, both belong...
277 11 3
(spoilers for those of you who haven't seen Steven Universe) this will be an AU of Steven Universe where lapis is a dedicated crystal gem, and is a s...
5.5K 157 23
A Steven Universe AU where Steven meets his full human counterpart. Both of them look so alike yet they're both so different in preference, personali...
88.8K 1.9K 37
BOOK #3: Steven Universe: Future CRINGE VALUE: MEDIUM. ✨☀️✨ ❝ If The Universe... Steven Universe. Didn't need you.. you wouldn't be here. ❞ ✨☀️✨ "Why...