Egotistic // Marauders Era

De polkadotpotter

"Moony's the tapeworm out of us four anyway." "Bookworm, James. I'm the bookworm." Mais

Rachel
Cielo
Crystal
Bridget
Sirius
Tia
Rachel
Cielo
Bridget
Sirius
Tia
Rachel
Cielo
Crystal
Bridget
Sirius
Tia
Rachel
Olly (LAST CHAPTER EW)

Crystal

337 14 3
De polkadotpotter

"Shut up, you fat git!" Sirius snapped at Daren, raising his hand and balling it into a fist, pointing it in the general direction of the table. Then, without another word, Sirius Black turned on his heel and stormed out of the hall angrily.

Most of the hall was left staring blatantly at the grand doors that he had just stomped out of, but Crystal's eyes drifted towards the Gryffindor table. The group of friends he normally sat with looked absolutely disappointed, while still managing to seem annoyed and sorry at the same time. Then again, they were feeling for two different people. Or three, she thought, as her gaze flitted to the shaggy haired boy, who clutched a book in his arms as he stared lovingly at the spot where Olly had disappeared.

Sighing, Crystal turned back to Lucius. "Can you just give it back?" she asked pleadingly.

The blonde haired boy scoffed and tossed his shoulder length hair back to rest behind his shoulder. "And what would I be giving back to you?" he asked in a nasally tone. "I wasn't aware you had anything to take, or was it something you previously thieved?"

Crystal narrowed her eyes at him. "Actually, it's not mine. It's my friend Tia's," she corrected him, throwing a glance over her shoulder to look at her blonde haired friend from Ravenclaw.

"Lucius gives his apologies," Bellatrix cooed from beside him, where she was wedged between him and her sister, Narcissa. They were both sitting with impossibly straight backs and had the look on their faces as if there were dung under their noses. "But he can't recall taking anything."

"At least.... not by myself," he sneered devilishly, a malicious grin sliding it's way onto his face. Crystal sighed and placed her hands on her while giving Lucius a pointed glare.

"It's a paper, there's a note on it," she explained, attempting to be vague as possible to spare her friend. "Knowing you, Malfoy, you've already read it, haven't you?"

Lucius simply shrugged and gave Crystal that annoyingly smug smirk. "Well Miss Diggory, I've read many things I shan't have been allowed to. But I'm a Malfoy, and, well... there's really no arguing with that, is there?"

"Oh, right," Crystal snorted. "I forgot you had to make an appointment before slapping someone's dignity." Crystal scrunched up her face and turned her nose up, crossing her arms over her chest before speaking in a high pitched, mocking voice. "Wait 'till my father hears about this!" she squealed, glaring down at Malfoy. "That's the only thing you say when you don't know what else to do, and it's exactly what I expect to hear when I'm done with you and have that letter back."

Regulus snorted softly out of his nose and leaned forward, resting his chin on his hand, his elbow against the surface of the table. "I don't know," he drawled, gazing at Crystal flirtatiously. "It's quite the entertainment, toying with you." Turning his head, he grinned evilly at Daren. "Don't you think, Zabini?" Daren nodded, the same smile plastered on his face.

"You won't be entertained when I get my brother over here," Crystal growled, getting fed up with the Slytherin's games. "He saw you take it off her desk."

"Please," Narcissa spoke up, waving her hand dismissively. "Everyone saw him take it off Bea's desk. They don't care about your little friend."

"Her name's Tia," Crystal corrected the girl, squinting her eyes. "And you need to stop. Stop toying with me, and stop taking what isn't yours."

"Tsk, tsk, tsk," Lucius cut in again, narrowing his eyes at the Hufflepuff girl. "Have you even been listening, Crystal? We have no intention of doing anything of the sort. We simply enjoy taking things which don't belong to us." He gave Regulus a pointed look, causing the black haired boy to sigh and reach into his robes pocket, taking out a neatly folded letter which smelled of lavender. It looked as if it pained him greatly while doing so, but he held out his hand for Crystal to take the letter. She snatched it from his hand before smiling over he shoulder at Tia.

"Why?" she asked, looking at the letter.

Lucius shrugged. "We have no use for it anymore," he admitted, shaking out his glossy hair once more. "And besides, we've all read it."

Crystal tensed and glared at the Slytherins. "You didn't," she hissed, shaking her head.

"Of course we didn't," Regulus chuckled in a bored, sarcastic tone. "Tell your friend that she has no chance with him, will you? He's in love with somebody else."

"That repulsive Gryffindor girl? The one with glasses and a whole library stuffed up her sleeve?" Bellatrix asked, leaning back and batting her eyes at Regulus. "She's a disgrace."

"Right, because none of you blood obsessed prats are, either," Crystal scoffed, gripping the letter tight and holding it against her chest. "And you don't know anything. Tia is beautiful and she has a chance with any guy she chooses. So shut your waxed traps, alright?"

With those final words, she turned around and swiftly walked back to Tia, who took the letter and glanced over at the table where Reemus was sitting, gazing longingly over the heads of students who were unaware of the girl's feelings.

* * * * *

Olly was in the library, of course. Where else would she go? No matter what she needed, the answer was in this room of dusty covers and wrinkled pages. Everything she ever needed to know was stuffed between the shelves, and what could possibly be better than that? She couldn't think of an answer.

She didn't know one existed.

She trudged over to the nearest shelf and snatched the closest book to her off out of it's own tucked away little space. She positioned it under her arm and walked over to a bench, plopping down and slamming the book onto the surface of the table. She heard a distant "Shhh!" from the librarian but she just ignored it and opened the book to it's first page.

The Tales of Beedle the Bard, it read. Not paying any attention to her surroundings, Olly was sucked into a portal to another world, one where there were magic fountains and hopping pots, where the ability to raise the dead was no problem and where people could keep their heart locked away in a cellar to keep from loving. Olly wished that she could do that.

She didn't feel the light tap on her shoulder until her book was slammed shut and another shush came from the direction of the librarian's desk. Turning around, Olly saw Crystal Diggory, Tia Abbott, Cielo Thomas and Bridget Finnigan plus, of course, Rachel. They were all standing behind her, in a tiny little group with their faces full of concern.

"You'll have to talk to him eventually," Rachel reminded her friend, thought they both knew Olly was already aware of that.

"She knows that," Cielo said, looking back and forth between Olly and Rachel. "The question you should be asking is when will she be talking to him?"

Olly sighed and opened her book again. She stared at the pages but didn't read, she wasn't taking the words in like before. She just was too uncomfortable with the situation to act like she was too interested. But she, too, needed clarification and the subject of Sirius Black and the only people she could trust and confide in were people she didn't like to look vulnerable in front of. Shrugging off her unsure feeling, she shrugged nonchalantly. "How about... three weeks after never?" She asked sarcastically, ignoring the loud, heavy thumping in her chest, right where her heart should be. The sound was pounding and echoing in her ears and she prayed she was the only one who could hear it.

"How about no?" Rachel scoffed, glaring pointedly at Olly. "I'm serious, Olly. Just one conversation, that's all we're asking."

Olly shook her head. "No way."

"Why not?" Bridget asked curiously. Olly sighed and rested her forehead against her palm.

"Because," Olly blurted, her voice thickening dramatically, "if I talk to him, he'll think everything's fine, but it won't be, and then he'll keep talking to me, and I won't be able to take it, and I'll probably freak out and then he won't even like me! I mean, not like he does right now, anyway."

Rachel was surprised, to say the least. She turned around and nodded her head towards the door. "I think you guys should leave," she whispered. The other four nodded in understanding and slowly left. When they were gone, Olly let her head flop down and she rested it on her arms, which were folded on the table. Her face was hidden from her best friend, who sat down on the bench next to her and placed a hand on Olly's back. "I thought you fancied James," she told her friend softly.

"I did," Olly mumbled into the table.

"You don't anymore?"

"I think I fancy someone else," Olly admitted to Rachel, sighing. Her shoulders slumped as she peeked out from her arms. "I just-" Olly sat up completely, running her hands over her face before leaning forward and resting her elbows on the table, staring straight ahead and not at Rachel.

"Talk to me," Rachel urged, pleading with her friend. "I'm here, and I can help with whatever crap you're dealing with."

Olly gave a shuddering sigh and she looked down at the surface of the table, looking at the designs in the wood. Finally, she opened her mouth and let out a sentence that Rachel almost had to do a double take on. It was squeaky and almost not audible at all, but somehow, she understood it. "Falling in love with someone sucks," she breathed out shakily, "then falling in love with their best friend is worse."

Rachel sucked in a giant breath and stared at Olly. Then, slowly and carefully, she asked the question. "You think you're in love with Sirius?" she asked, amazed. Olly nodded, avoiding eye contact. "Then why don't you talk to him if you feel that way?"

"Because he doesn't fancy me, he certainly doesn't love me, and I'm not even sure if he wants to be my friend," Olly sniffled and looked up at Rachel, staring right at her bright blue eyes. "Rach, every time I look at him it feels like I'm drowning. How do you expect me to talk to him?"

"Easy," Rachel said, pulling her friend into a hug. It was only for a few seconds, but when she pulled away, Rachel grinned encouragingly at her friend and squeezed her shoulders in an act of comfort. "Say Geronimo, and give in to the waves."

A/N: Okay, yes. I was listening to Say Geronimo by Sheppard when I was writing the end of this chapter. The radio station I was listening to played it and then I just got the best idea ever on how to end this chapter. It's sort of a cliffhanger, and hopefully you guys don't hang me from a cliff for it. (Haha, see what I did there?) So anyway, I think this chapter is really cute. CRYSTAL IS SO AWESOME I LOVE HER CHARACTER SHE BURNED THOSE SLYTHERINS OMG THEY NEED LIKE 20 BOTTLES OF ALOE VERA TO COVER THAT BURN UP JESUS. Uh, sorry. But anyway, I hope you loved/liked the chapter, and if you did then maybe vote/comment... dare I ask for a follow?

I'll update as soon as possible, but I am working on 3 books at the same time and I have an order in which I update. Walking Dead, Teen Wolf, Harry Potter. So I have to update my other two before this one, but hopefully it won't take too long. Maybe two weeks at the most? Anywhoo, bye guys!

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

209K 7.4K 41
And if I breathe you, will it kill me? James Potter / oc © aquamcnti 2023
110K 2.8K 9
«wolfstar» "If only this was a perfect world and we could have a future together. But it doesn't matter right now, because you're here, you're here...
839K 33.1K 24
"There is one more thing. No matter what happens, you're not allowed to fall in love with me." "Won't be an issue." ... in which james potter tries t...
3.5K 210 23
" in losing grip, in sinking ship, you showed up just in time " [james potter x female oc] [marauder's era]