Stay with me

By iliqblack

This story is about hope and devotion. About loyalty to yourself and your feelings. About true friendship and... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 When dreams come true
Chapter 2 - When dreams come true. Omer
Chapter 3 - Bring back life
Chapter 4 Reach the Heart
Chapter 5 - How to bring back happiness
Chapter 6 Give me a chance
Chapter 7 - Let the Past Go to Hell
Chapter 8 - Farewell
Chapter 9 Loneliness
Chapter 10 Confrontation
Chapter 11 - I choose you
Chapter 12 I love
Chapter 13 Theorems and Axioms
Chapter 14 - Why?
Chapter 15 - While I'm breathing!
Chapter 16 - The Road to Happiness
Chapter 17 - Day of Open Hearts
Chapter 18 - Dreams
Chapter 19 - Jackals and Falcons
Chapter 20 - Life goes on
Chapter 21 - Healing
Chapter 22 - You are the Best!
Chapter 23 - Fulfillment of desires
Chapter 24 - A roller coaster
Chapter 25 - Endless love
Chapter 26 - Angels and Demons
Chapter 27 - Prelude to the miracle
Chapter 28 - A Miracle
Chapter 29 Light and Darkness
Chapter 30 - Think About Me
Chapter 31 - Windows
Chapter 32 - Above the clouds
Chapter 33 - Old Secrets, New Hopes
Chapter 34 - Redemption
Chapter 35 Fate
Chapter 36 - Loved ones are always forgiven
Chapter 37 - We will call her Emine
Chapter 38 - Because of you
Chapter 39 - Sapphire's birthday
Chapter 40 - Necklace of fiery opals
Chapter 41 - Paradise Island
Chapter 42 - Happiness in the hands
Chapter 43 - At the edge of the abyss
Chapter 44 - Storm in Paradise
Chapter 45 - Kinship not by blood or cuckoo and Madonna
Chapter 46 - Serpent in paradise
Chapter 47 - You are my breath
Chapter 48 Time for Change
Chapter 49 - You are my medicine
Chapter 50 - Angels on guard
Chapter 51 - Doubt
Chapter 52 - Love and pride
Chapter 53 - Watchful eye
Chapter 54 - We are crazy
Chapter 55 - Big tragedies and small mischief
Chapter 56 - Exposure
Chapter 57 - Trust
Chapter 58 - Treachery
Chapter 59 - I love you, Mom
Chapter 60 Surprises - pleasant and not so
Chapter 61 - Turn upside down
Chapter 62 - Dreams Come True
Chapter 63 - Best Day of Life
Chapter 64 - I will be with you
Chapter 65 - What the coming day tells us
Chapter 66 - Almost a detective story
Chapter 67 - A Miracle is born
Chapter 68 - Emine Diana Iplikci
Chapter 69 - The Gift
Chapter 70 - How happiness begins
Chapter 71 - Prophetic dream
Chapter 72 - A stranger
Chapter 73 - Such different fathers
Chapter 74 - One for all and all for one!
Chapter 75 - And in sorrow and joy
Chapter 76 - Wolf Laws
Chapter 77 - Playing without rules
Chapter 78 - Through hardship to the stars
Chapter 79 - Blood relationship
Chapter 80 - God works in mysterious ways
Chapter 81 - Epilogue
Note from the writer Marina Victoria
84 Taming the stubborn ( Тhe story of Jansu and Niko)
85 Taming the stubborn
86 Taming the stubborn
87 Taming the stubborn
88 Taming the stubborn
89 Taming the stubborn
90 Taming the stubborn
91 Taming the stubborn
93 Taming the stubborn
94 Taming the stubborn
95 Taming the stubborn
96 Taming the stubborn
97 Taming the stubborn
98 Taming the stubborn

92 Taming the stubborn

340 28 18
By iliqblack

Jansu couldn't breathe. A spasm seized her throat, preventing air from entering her lungs. Her legs gave way and she wanted only one thing - to lie on the floor, curl up into a ball, clasp her knees with her hands, and cry. But she was Jansu Baisal! The Baisals never showed their weakness. Straightening her shoulders, Jansu looked down at Remarco, who was green with anger, - and said, "I advise you to test your eyesight. Because you were blind when you bet. No woman in the world can refuse Niko Bianco! Prepare your shares. Signor Bianco won them honestly."

Tony Remarco blushed, then turned blue, and sucked in the air frantically with his mouth open. Jansu gave him a dismissive look and walked towards the elevator. Barefoot, her clothes wrinkled and her hair tangled back, she looked like a queen on her way to the throne.

***

Hortense Salvatore-Bianco ignored her son's question. Her cold face took on a stony expression. She never gave explanations for her deeds to anyone, - and was not going to do this now. But Niko was not going to back down. In his gut, he felt that what his mother said would be the answer to all his questions, which he asked himself a thousand times, but could not find an answer.

"Why are you so fixated on Ornella, Mother?" he demanded. "Why are you ready to sacrifice my life, and force me to marry her? You know that I do not love her."

Hortense Salvatore-Bianco's eyes blazed with dark fire.

"To hell with love!" She rapped out. "There are many more important things. Purity of blood, preservation of the old family. Ornella is the true Salvatore. Only our blood flows in her veins. She will dominate your children, displacing Bianco's worthless blood."

Niko looked at her as if she were insane. He knew that his mother was devoted to her family - the Salvatore clan, but he had no idea that she was so fanatical. He knew that Ornella's parents were cousins in the fourth degree of kinship, but did not connect this with his mother's obsession with seeing Ornella as her daughter-in-law. Such intricacies were inaccessible even to his brilliant mind.

"You're sick," he said, shaking his head. "Who needs blood purity in the modern world?"

The contempt in his mother's eyes condensed to a maximum.

"Stupid boy! What can I make from you, though? Typical Bianco. A canine temperament and a complete lack of morals. But God knows I tried to raise you to be a real Salvatore. Make sure you didn't drift away from your family."

Mother's last words opened invisible floodgates in Niko's mind. He remembered. Then, four years ago, when Jansu suddenly disappeared, it was his mother who informed him that his wife found out about his huge debts and did not want to be married to a beggar. She said that Jansu herself gave her this reason. And he believed. After all, then this was the only reasonable explanation.

"You lied...," Niko said hoarsely. "Jansu didn't tell you anything. She didn't file for divorce because of my debts. There was another reason ..."

"I defended mine," The mother declared without repentance. "This Turkish woman was not your match. Your destiny is to marry Ornella and have children with her."

Niko looked at her as if she were someone else. She was a stranger. Blood in the veins alone is not a sign of kinship. Feelings make people relatives. Love, tenderness, care. Concepts that are empty words for Signora Salvatore-Bianco. And yet she is his mother. The family is not chosen. It's a pity...

"Go to Rome, Signora Salvatore," Niko ordered. "You will receive lifetime material support. You can live in Bianco's house, but never again dare to approach me. I'll take the girls. I don't want you to break their lives. It's enough that you destroyed mine. If you try to hinder me, you can forget about the money. We will move to Istanbul. This is where I will move the headquarters of the company. And yes, as you can imagine, I'm breaking off my engagement to Ornella."

"You wouldn't dare," Signora Hortense hissed, turning pale.

"You think so?" Niko asked ironically. "How naive of you. After all, I am a person with a complete lack of morality, which means that I am capable of anything."

"Salvatore will curse you!" She threatened.

"I can handle it," Niko replied insolently. He went to the front door and flung it open. "You must go, Signora Hortense."

***

Jansu went to where she could throw off the queen's mask and cry on the shoulder of her loved one - to Defne. There was a taxi in the parking lot outside the hotel. Jansu sat in the front seat and dictated the address. The taxi driver looked apprehensively at her bare feet. Jansu took a large bill from her purse and placed it on the dashboard. The taxi driver silently took it, put it in his pocket, and started the car.

When barefoot, shivering from the cold and unhappy, she appeared on the doorstep of Iplikci's house, Defne gasped and dragged her into the house.

"Lord, girl, what happened?" she screamed, groping her head and hands.

Jansu buried her face in her shoulder and burst into tears. Defne hugged her, gently stroked her back, and said, "Cry. It will get easier."

***

Niko, not seeing anyone in front of him, swiftly walked through the huge hall to the exit from the hotel. Pajamas were replaced by gray trousers and a blue T-shirt - the clothes that first came to his hands.

Niko was in a hurry. He knew that Jansu felt bad now. She is humiliated and crushed by his involuntary lie. He wanted to quickly find her, explain everything, to tell her about the fanaticism and cunning of his mother, who mercilessly destroyed their marriage.

To say that he loves her. That he's loved her all these years and always will.

When Tony Remarco appeared in front of him, his first desire was to send him to hell.

"Tony, I'm in a hurry," He growled.

"Wow, what anger," he said ironically. "Strange emotions for the winner of the bet. I thought you would be jubilant."

Niko's chest went cold. The bet. Crap! He completely forgot about it. But what kind of victory is this idiot peacock talking about? How can he know about the last night?

"Tony, aren't you in too much of a hurry to credit me with the victory?" Niko tried to make his voice indifferent.

"But, since the lady herself confirmed it, I can only accept it," said Remarco.

Niko's heart sank.

"Did Jansu confirm to you?" He muttered in a hushed voice. "What are these idiotic fantasies? Where could you see her?"

"Where!" Tony Remarco angrily replied, "I saw her leaving your room - an hour ago. She looked like a woman after a stormy night."

The nightmare has become a reality. If this peacock told Jansu everything - Oh my God!

Niko grabbed Tony Remarco by the lapel of his jacket and pulled him closer to him. Looking menacingly in the eyes, he asked, "Did you tell her? About the bet?"

Fear flashed across Tony's face. His eyes darted around in search of guards. The doorman stood by the door and looked the other way. The administrator at the reception pretended to carefully study the information on the computer. No one was going to intervene in a quarrel between two respected guests, rightly judging that people of this rank would figure it out themselves.

"I thought you were conspiring to get the shares out of me!" Tony bleated. "And she said I was blind when I made the bet with you. No woman in the world can refuse Niko Bianco. She advised me to prepare my stock."

Niko closed his eyes and clenched his teeth tightly. Then he pushed Remarco away from himself and said with cold contempt, "Jansu Baisal joked. There was nothing between us. The bet deadline ends tomorrow. You will receive the agreed amount of my shares in a week."

Without looking at the man anymore, Niko walked past him and went out into the street.

Remarco stared after him, his mouth wide open, dumbfounded. He didn't understand anything. One thing was clear - Bianco had lied. But why? Who in their right mind would refuse an additional percentage of shares in the Association of Jewelers? Moreover, having won a bet. But Niko Bianco refused. And it was a real shock.

***

In Defne's dress, which she wore before pregnancy, in her sandals, Jansu was sitting on the terrace of Iplikci's house and warming her hands on a cup of tea.

Outside, the June sun was getting warmer, but she was cold. The cold came from within. From the place where the heart used to be. Jansu had just told Defne and Omer about everything that had happened during those ten days, and now she sat with her head bowed. Defne sat down next to her, hugged her by the shoulders, and asked, "Don't punish yourself. Please."

"I'm ashamed," whispered Jansu. "How could I be so stupid and naive to fall for his bait again? I believed him with all my heart. He was so caring, seemed so sincere ... and I ..., a gullible fool!" She scolded herself angrily.

"But you don't need to humiliate yourself," said Omer. "If Niko Bianco turned out to be a scoundrel, then it is not your fault, but his."

"But for the second time, I saw an ideal man in him and melted like an idiot!" Jansu exclaimed with despair. "Second time, Omer! Is it possible to step on the same rake twice?!"

"You can," Omer remarked philosophically. "As long as the heart wants to give a second chance - you will give it. If you listen only to pride, a person runs the risk of being unhappy and lonely."

Jansu swallowed a lump in her throat and said to the people most dear after her father, "It's good that you are. The second time you pull me out of the abyss."

"That's what sisters are for," Defne smiled at her.

"I won't be able to show up at work today," Jansu looked at her apologetically. "And I won't be able to do it tomorrow. I need a little time to piece myself together."

"Of course, my soul," Defne supported her. "Stay at home as long as you need."

"I can't be at home...," Jansu whispered.

Omer and Defne raised their eyebrows in the same gesture of surprise. At that moment, Emine Diana came out onto the terrace, rubbing her sleepy eyes with her fists. In bright yellow pajamas, pink from sleep, she looked like an angel. Omer picked her up in his arms, kissed her on the cheek, and then covered her redhead with his big palm and gently leaned her against his shoulder.

There was so much habitual, unconscious care and love in this gesture that Jansu's throat tightened. Why are all the other men in the world not like Omer? Why isn't Niko like that?

Emine Diana noticed her beloved aunt and perked up.

"Jansu, are you here? Why are you wearing my mother's dress?"

"I am here, my Bead," answered Jansu and tried to smile. The smile was forced. "I got caught in the rain and my clothes got wet. Your mom gave me hers."

"Yeah," Emine held out and added judiciously, "You can't walk in wet clothes. You can catch a cold."

"Exactly so, my clever girl," confirmed her words Jansu.

"If you don't want to live at home for now, can you stay with us?" Defne asked her.

The sister shook her head.

"Not. I want to go to a secluded, quiet place. I need to be alone and think. 'Rent' me your house on the island for a few days?"

"What a question," Omer replied. "Of course, you go. I'll call Jan and ask him to bring the boat down to the pier."

Jansu gave him a grateful look and turned to Defne. "I don't want to go home for clothes. Will you lend me your old one for now?"

"What a question?" Defne, not noticing this, repeated Omer's phrase. "Take whatever you like. By the way, in the house on the island, in the closet of our bedroom with Omer, there are also my clothes. You can safely use them."

"Thank you," Jansu thanked her sister and her husband.

"Why do you want a secluded and quiet place?" Tilting her head to her shoulder and squinting her eyes asked Emine Diana.

"Because I am a little sad," answered Jansu.

"Did you fight with Niko?" looking at her intently, asked Emine.

Amazed at the insight of their clever girl, mom and dad exchanged glances, and Jansu replied, "You could say that."

"When I quarrel with Teresa and Damir, or with Iso, I also climb a tree to be alone and think. But then I go down and go to make up. Because to be on your own is bad. You, too, do not stay long on the island. Come back and make peace with Niko."

Touched by her words, Jansu smiled at her with a sad smile and said, "Unfortunately, this is not possible. But I promise you that I won't stay long on the island. After all, you are here, my Bead."

"It's just time for Bead to get dressed and have breakfast, - if she wants to go with her dad and mom to Passionis and Sapphire," Defne said.

"I want, I want!" exclaimed Emine.

Omer smiled at his wife and said, "I'll take care of her."

When dad and daughter entered the house, Jansu turned to Defne, "Please don't say anything to father. He will be upset."

"More precisely, he will become enraged and break Niko's neck," Defne corrected her. "By the way, deserved."

"I don't want this," Jansu said wearily. "I do not want a showdown, humiliation, revenge. Let our father know nothing. By the time he returns to Istanbul, I'll be fine."

Defne very much doubted that by the time dad returned, Jansu would be all right. Rather, the sister will put on a big smile and pretend that everything is fine.

"As you wish." She promised with a sigh.

***

Niko stopped the Maserati near the Baisal house and rang the doorbell. His heart raced back and forth between his heels and the throat. He assumed that Jansu would refuse to talk to him, but he was determined to get a conversation going. Both of them needed it.

Zeyneb opened the door. Her eyes went up to her forehead when she saw who the morning visitor turned out to be.

"Mr. N-n-niko," She stammered.

"Good morning, Zeyneb," he greeted. "Can I see Miss Jansu?"

"She is not at home." Still dumbfounded looking at the guest, answered the housekeeper. "She probably left for work early, because when I came in the morning, she was gone."

Looks like Zeyneb was telling the truth. They don't lie with such a face. And where to look for the fugitive?

Once in the Maserati, Niko thought hard for a few minutes, - and then directed the car towards Iplikci's house. There, the housekeeper also opened for him and said that Mr. Omer and Mrs. Defne were at work. She ignored the question about Miss Jansu. She just looked disapprovingly. What kind of upbringing is it to ask the employees of the house about the guests of the hosts? Is this acceptable in a decent house?

"Tell me just one thing - was she here?" Desperately asked Nico.

"She was, but left," Zehra snapped.

The only option that remained was to go to Passionis. With a probability of 99 percent, Omer and Defne Iplikci already know about what happened, which means that he will not receive a warm welcome at all. It's good if they don't throw you down the stairs. But there is still no other way to find out where Jansu is.

"Maybe she went to work?" A thought flashed, but it was too incredible.

Hot, emotional Jansu after such shocking confessions will not be able, as if nothing had happened, to start work. She will need time and an object to express her emotions. Niko wanted to be such an object. Let her yell at him, punch him in the face, send him away, but then calm down and listen to him.

In Sapphire, he went to the secretary's desk and asked Alina if Miss. Jansu was there. She smiled a polite, professional smile and replied that Miss. Jansu had taken a few days off.

"Is Mrs. Defne here?" Niko asked. "Can I meet her?"

"Mistress Defne is here", answered the secretary. "But now she has Mr. Omer. I will ask if she can accept you."

After talking on the phone for a couple of minutes, she showed the guest to the door of the chief designer's office.

"Please come in. Mistress Defne is waiting for you."

When he, mentally preparing for the execution, walked to Defne Iplikci's office, Emine Diana looked out from the room equipped as a nursery. Crossing her arms on her chest and bowing her fiery redhead to her shoulder, looking at the back of his head, she muttered, "Yeah ... Niko showed up. Fine!"

Niko stopped just before the door. He took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and took a determined step inside. A blow from a small but unexpectedly strong fist nearly knocked him off his feet. His head jerked back and the next moment a second fist hit him in the stomach. Gasping for air, Niko doubled over. Yes, Jansu's sister's hand is heavy.

"How could you?!" An angry voice rang out overhead. "How could you do that to Jansu?!"

"It's not what it seems at first glance," he croaked and tried to straighten up.

A disheveled and very pregnant, Defne Iplikci was right in front of him. Her brown eyes threw angry sparks. Behind her stood her husband and his gaze could freeze the world's oceans.

"Not what it seems?!" Defne exclaimed.

Omer took her by the shoulders and quietly but insistently said, "Honey, try to calm down. You shouldn't worry."

She raised her face to him and, with a guilty sigh, answered, "You're right. I am calm," She took a few deep breaths through her nose, exhaled noisily through her mouth, and in a calm but icy voice turned to Niko, "So, you say that everything is not as it seems at first glance?" - Niko nodded warily. - "Then answer me a couple of questions. First, are you engaged to a certain Ornella?"

"Yes, but..." Niko tried to explain the situation, but Defne put her hand forward and cut him off.

"I am not interested in your 'but'. The second question: did you make a bet that you will seduce Jansu and get her in your bed?"

"That was before I realized that I could not live without her!" Niko answered hotly. "Yes, I made this damn bet and now I regret it!"

"Damn you with your remorse!" Defne cried and, looking guiltily at her husband, muttered, "I'm sorry. I lost my temper."

"Niccolo," Omer turned to Niko, "You better leave. Your presence is bad for Mrs. Defne."

"But first, hear our decision," Defne said, her eyes flashing angrily. "We are breaking the cooperation agreement. Iplikci will never have anything to do with you. As beneficial as the partnership is, my sister, is more important."

Niko swallowed and, humbly bowing his head, said, "I understand and respect you for such a decision. But I ask you to listen to me. I love Jansu! I've made a lot of mistakes. I lied trying to hide my problems. I believed in a person who could not be trusted. I succumbed to low emotions and made this damn bet. But now I want to make it right. I want to talk to Jansu, explain everything to her, and ask for forgiveness. You know where she is. Please, not for my sake, for her sake, tell me the address. She is in pain now and I want to relieve this pain."

Defne's face softened slightly. She shook her head and said, "Beautiful words. But useless. You can give a person a second chance, but not a third. Jansu doesn't want to see you. I will not give you an address against her will. Please go away."

Niko, hunched over and bowing his head, slowly left the office. As in a fog, he went out to the stairwell and sat down on the steps. He needed time to gather strength. A fruitless search is only losing time. He needs to fly to Rome. Break off the engagement, talk to his sisters, and deal with the firm. Then he will return to Istanbul. Jansu won't hide forever. Sooner or later they will meet and she will still listen to him.

Light steps were heard behind. Niko looked around. Emine Diana stood behind him.

"Hi," he said.

She sat down on the step next to him and asked, "You screwed up, huh?"

"Yes," Niko confirmed with a sigh.

"It happens to everyone," the girl said thoughtfully and advised, "You should go to Jansu and ask for forgiveness."

"I'd love to," Niko informed her. "But Jansu left and I don't know where."

"I know," Emine Diana said with a sly smile. "She's on the island. In our house."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

606K 21.9K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1.1M 19.3K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
427K 6.6K 80
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
799K 18.2K 47
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.