Stained in red

By Fergus2e4

There is a Great War. Kingdoms are falling rapidly, loved ones are lost, and hope is scarce. But when Kassa d... More

The girl in the jungle
Remenie
Who decided injecting me was the way to welcome me!?
Flashback
Note from the writer
Jax
Do I Really Smell That Bad?
Training
Battle Plans
Thief!
Ghosts...
His Words Would Change Everything.
A sharp song
Authors note!
The Girl with the Flames
Two days later
"I will protect you"
The Valley's of Blade and Bone
Blue Bloods
An Idiotic Yellow Blood Warrior
Questions and Answers... and Idiotic Warriors
Authors note
Liar!
Rabbit Holes, and Dark Chasms.
Sarkon
Stallion?
Arguments and Dark Caves.
A/N The Gods and The Bloods, etc.
The truth of his curse
Why?
Serta's POV
Serta's POV (point of veiw) Part 2
Sarkon's POV
The Crown Part One (Serta's POV)
The Crown part 2 (Serta's POV)
Authors note! 500 READS!
Words Filled with Riddles
A Lynx, a Stallion and a Mountain Top
White Bloods and Their Pests
Sembi's new herd
Debates and an Incredible Lack of Focus (Serta)
An Uninvited Scout
Needs For Evacuation (Serta)
Iron Wing
Rescue mission?
Very Few Survivors (Serta)
Elise
Live, Sarkon. Live
Reunited
Key To The Heart
PART TWO
Healers (Serta)
A Force From Another World
The Stars
Look After Me (Serta)
Heart of Light and Fire
What A Coincidence
Explanations
Visions
Playful Teasing
"He made me."
Scars in the Heart
A Key Of Flame
Silent Company
A Slowing Heartbeat
Fighting Over the Crown
The Beginning Of The End
Sorry! Authors note!
Ubunto
Amagra, God of Guidence
Amber Blood
An Important Message
Not Anymore
PART THREE
POV Switch
The Whole Story (Sarkon)
Turning The Hour Glass
The Way the World Once Was
Death
Authors Note
Whirlpool
Seraphina and Zoe
Trusting and Holding Onto Life
Authors Note
Deadly Dance Between Lynx and Dragon
Being A King
the Wind and the Waves.
AN
The Other Side.
No Dreams Anymore
Reunion? Not Gone to plan...
Lonely
Hello reader
Hello :)
PART FOUR
Finding Amber

Hunting party (Serta)

8 2 0
By Fergus2e4

Thankfully, more survivors emerged, one by one. They had a count of 198, unfortunately a day before 34 survivors were blown to bits in an explosion. Remenie wasn't safe anymore, Yellow Bloods had stolen it and now riddled it's streets, even deep in the woods was a sketchy place to be, Jax had now killed four Yellow Blood Warriors who had posed a threat to the helpless families, she hadn't come out without a scratch though, her limp grew worse each day and her wrist wasn't going to heal itself. Unlucky for her, no healers travelled with them, their dome roofed housed had all been blown up, along with the healers inside them.

Dawn had arrived too early this morning, I had been hunting in the woods to feed the families when the sun crept through the slits in the leaves. It was so bright I had to close my eyes for a minute. I killed three wallows, a dumb useless creature that had a pigs snout and a squirrels body. An easy catch if you can find them. It was certainly not enough to feed all of the survivors, so I kept going. I had split from the rest of the hunting group to be alone, and hopefully be quieter so there is more chance of me not scaring away the animals. It tore something inside of me to kill them, when I was a toddler I used to get lost in the woods and friendly creatures would guide me back.

I paused and closed my eyes. Turning, falling, I stretched into the eyes of a tree. I looked at my own body, limp and vacant, my eyes were still closed. I squinted searching for anything that wouldn't be so bad to eat. Deep amongst a pile of leaves slept a renguard, it's fuzzy tail twitching and it's small eyes squeezed tightly shut. I zoomed back into my body and grabbed my bow, steadily I walked towards where I had seen the renguard. I pulled back, the string of the bow stretching back further and further. My fist released and it's tail twitched no more.

I searched all over the forest with my powers to find the rest of the hunting group. Luck came shortly and I spied Jax, Gwin, Grace and Finnic. I broke through a branch towards them.

"Serta!" Gwin called. "Got anything?" He asked.
"Wallows, Squirrels and a renguard." I shouted back.
"Quiet," hissed Jax who was aiming her bow at something "you'll scare all the game away!" She finished and shot a scowl at me. I ignored her.
"What have you hauled?" I asked Gwin. In reply he hoisted up two brown sacks tied with a double knot. He smiled at me.
"Won't have anything if you don't shut up." I heard Jax mumble. Finnic, who had obviously heard too sniggered. He turned to face me and held up a huge adult calbay.
"Perfect." I smiled, being away from everyone seemed to have restored my high spirits. Jax gave up and cursed under her breath. I laughed at her. She stalked over to me and hit me over the head.
"Idiot." She muttered and walked past me to her full bag of food. The grin stayed on my face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.6K 1.5K 30
I lean close enough that our lips brush when I speak. "He isn't worth it." I say, but he doesn't look convinced. I smirk as an idea pops in my he...
6.2K 207 14
[SPINOFF/SEQUEL TO CURSEBREAKER AND FIREHEART/ SON OF NIGHT AND DAUGHTER OF STARS] Estelle Whitethorn Galathynius is many things, but first and forem...
229 21 9
There's a myth about a powerful witch, born every thousand years after the death of the last witch. The kingdoms had tried to exterminate such beings...
70.7K 2K 53
[Completed] Four years after KoA, the entire world is at peace yet the scars from Maeve ran deep. Kidnapped one morning, Fenrys finds him self on a n...