Your Symphony.

By Jihyo_19_97

*Disclaimer* This story does not have a happy ending. In the silence came a note. Then another and another... More

Prologue.
Pt.1
Pt.2
Pt.3
Pt.4
Pt.5
Pt.7
Pt.8
Pt.9
Pt.10
Pt.11
Pt.12
Pt.13
Pt.14
Pt.14.5
Pt.15
Pt.16
Pt.17
A/N.

Pt.6

121 6 4
By Jihyo_19_97

-Present-

    "Odd, I could've sworn I was a part of this story." BamBam said, sitting up. The comment had made Mina chuckle a little.

Yes, how could she forget the part where she met the man she loathed? Was it the same though?

He had stopped abusing her when she had given birth to their daughter and yet it wasn't a clear reason to simply forgive him.

He was still the reason she was partly depressed and so she never thought too highly of him or his new found character.

"Of course you're a part of the story. If you weren't then we wouldn't have had." Mina grew silent as she looked down at their sleeping daughter. The little girl she had conceived out of anger and impulsion.

"Go on Mina, tell me more." BamBam said softly, resting his head back on his wife's lap. The Japanese woman let out a sigh and nodded.

-Back to the past-

     Waking up with steady breaths, Myoui Mina fluttered her eyes open slowly. She felt the cool air of her room hit her rosy cheeks, her hands slowly clasping the silk sheets of her duvet.

She was surprised to realize that she had slept so well. It wasn't that she slept recklessly but the silence was louder in the dark for her, causing her to dream with her eyes wide open.

She thought she could hear screams but it was just her consciousness, falling into a state that made her feel mad.

She sat up slowly, rubbing the nape of her neck. The way she felt relieved but also clueless as to what to do now.

Why had she slept on a cloud? Was it that she went to bed with the thought of someone that made her fall into a blissful sleep?

Couldn't be. She never thought of anyone for any reason. At least she didn't think so, for she never dreamed as much.

Yes, Myoui Mina rarely dreamed. Dreaming is a form of storytelling, of what could possibly be. And she didn't want to be hopeful of what could possibly happen in the reality of things, of her life when she woke up.

*Buzz*

Over intercom: "Good morning sleepy head. I'm here to wake you with kisses and hugs."

She heard Sana sing over the intercom. Mina groaned and pressed the button.

Mina: "Please don't. I've told you many times Sana that I'm not-."

Sana: "Okay fruit cake! Coming in!" Sana squealed.

Mina sighed and unlocked her door, allowing a cheerful Minatozaki Sana in.

"Time to get up, cutie. Today is a big day as scheduled in your planner. Your parents are requesting your time at Wang Thai. I told them that I would see to it that you would be up and ready for the occasion. I also have to clean your apartment." Sana said as she looked around the room that did not in fact need cleaning.

"When did you become my secretary? You've made quite an impression on my parents even as a commoner. How delightful." Mina said, slightly annoyed that she was being forced to appear before her parents.

She didn't want to be their audience for all they did was pester her about her future and their expectations. She was simply over it.

"Commoner or not, I've become someone they can trust to hold you accountable. Ever since you.." Sana's voice trailed off.

Mina looked at her before slipping out of the bed. Before she what? Before she almost became her parent's disappointment?

What had occurred two years prior had become a leverage for her parents to use on their daughter and it only made Mina grow to detest them more.

"Maybe I should've followed through and ended it all. Maybe then I wouldn't be a burden for you too." Mina said, growling lightly under her breath.

Sana was taken back and frowned. That's not what she had meant. She had saved Mina.

She had been there for her before the woman could've and truly done herself harm.

She wasn't a burden, she was a savior who at the time had fallen short of her own grace and just needed the picking up of a beautiful soul. That's all she meant but couldn't convey.

"Mina-." 

       "I'll get ready. You can do your usual cleaning and I'll be back this afternoon." Mina said, walking passed the older woman.

Sana sighed, lowering her face. She hated when the younger woman became like this. She wasn't fun to be around.

————————————

       Standing by a column in the Wang Thai restaurant, Mina stood quietly and as stealthily as she could.

She wasn't hiding, more like observing as she looked at the back of a man's head while simultaneously watching the expressions on her parents faces.

They change ever so often to a serious look to the change of curl on their lips as they smiled politely.

Mina hated the way they gave off such a fake persona when facing guests. And this man before them was no different.

Mina could only imagine who this gentleman was and could only think of her parent's intentions with him.

From the back he looked well built, his back straight and his head hung high.

He was doing his best to make quite an impression on the Japanese couple and it was somewhat working.

He wasn't the finest man but from what Mina could tell, he would have to do.

'I could be at home right now...sleeping. Or knitting. I wonder what that Son Chaeyoung woman is doing.' She thought absentmindedly.

She was starting to drift into a thought when she heard her name being called. She looked up, furrowing her brows.

She saw the wave of her father's hand, a smile on his face as he beckoned his dearest beloved over.

Mina blushed, lowering her face but without any thought, began moving her feet.

Before she knew it, she was before her parents, accepting their kisses on her cheek and inaudible words of thanks.

She wasn't paying attention. It was always the same.

Same looks, same words, same hopefulness that Mina wouldn't fuck up her chances with another man they had brought to introduce her to.

Of course Mina knew their intentions, as it was the same as she had turned twenty.

They wanted their daughter to be wed and to have their grandchildren before she reached the ripe age of twenty five.

They expected her to have a full career, be independent, be married;

All valid expectations and yet she felt pressured. It was too much and she felt as if she was running out of time.

"Mina do sit down. We'd like for you to meet our guest." Her mother Sachiko said, gesturing to the gentleman seated beside Mina.

Mina let out a quiet sigh and turned her head. She had gotten a clear look at the man.

She could see his features and thought to herself about each quality.

His monolid eyes were dark in complexion, harsh to the sight. It was almost like she was staring into an abyss of darkness.

And she thought her own soul couldn't compare. A handsome man, with a pretty smile to follow.

But Mina felt a shiver down her spine, as if she could tell by her gut that he simply wasn't a good person.

He was charming, his look supported such. His slicked back black hair let her know that he was nothing less than a respectable man who kept himself presentable.

Then there was the music. She didn't like how his tune was roaring like the thunder.

It seemed insidious almost and Mina couldn't quite figure out why. He didn't look threatening, not from first glance of course.

She was snapped out of her thoughts when she suddenly felt his hand take hold of hers and oh how it made Mina gasp.

His hand was rough, big and it seemed to be cold. Those eyes were shooting daggers but as low key as possible.

And yet Mina could feel the uneasiness, her heart racing. Why was she so uncomfortable?

The sudden kiss upon her hand made her jump a little.

"Hello, my name is Kunpimook Bhuwakul. But many call me, BamBam." He said with his husky voice.

Mina was not impressed as he sounded like a young boy going through puberty.

She removed her hand quickly and cleared her throat, looking away.

"Mina. My name is Myoui Mina. Nice to meet you sir." She said and bowed.

Her parents gulped, hoping that their daughter's vague introduction didn't make for an awful first impression on the man.

But BamBam just smiled and looked towards Mina with a pretty eye smile.

"Mina. What a lovely name for a lovely lady." BamBam said with a charming smile.

Mina mentally rolled her eyes. She wanted to gag.

How sappy for a first impression and yet she couldn't escape the interaction any sooner.

"BamBam I hope you like our choice. We wanted to make sure you had authentic Thai dishes to choose from today. My husband knows the owner and was told that they make the finest and closest Thai cuisines from Thailand." Sachiko said.

Mina wanted to barf. Why on earth was she catering to him?

And why did she feel the need to receive his pending approval? Was he Thai?

As she caught on from his name, she figured that much.

"I appreciate the consideration and love it very much Mrs Myoui. Feels like home already." He said, giving a polite bow.

Mina licked her lips, gathering any sense of patience she could.

She didn't want to be here and the intentions of today's gathering was clear to her even before she had entered the restaurant.

An hour passed, small talk engaged the group. But what's a meeting without drama?

"I'm sure you're both aware of this gathering today. Mina, your father and I have met with BamBam and his family. They have made quite a contribution to your father's hospital as well as created a positive connection between their family law firm and that of the one that I work at. We've made the decision, after careful consideration, that BamBam here would be a suitable husband for you. So, you two will wed in six months." Sachiko said.

Mouth partly agape, Mina looked at her mother in utter shock.

Not only did they have the audacity to introduce her to yet another man, but to finalize their decision to marry her off without her consent had left her traumatized.

She knew then, she never stood a chance to make a name for herself.

To live her life simply for herself. Why was she such a fool to think so?

Could her parents read the look on her face?

Could they tell she didn't approve? Did it even matter if she approved or not?

"I- why would you? I don't consent to this!" She slightly raised her voice, a low whine escaping.

Her father placed his hand on the table, signaling the silence from everyone.

"You will do as you are told. No daughter of mine, who loses their will to live has any right to object to the decisions made by her parents. We have been there for you since that day. Do you remember that day Mina? That day you tried to kill yourself?" Her father hissed.

Mina was mortified. How could he say such things to her in a public place and when her future husband is beside her?

Sachiko cleared her throat.

"Mina, we're only doing this for you. Be grateful. And be thankful that BamBam has agreed." She said calmly.

Mina's heart sank. So, this was the life chosen for her. She wanted to curl up into a ball and scream.

"If you won't make most of the music career you have now, you'll now be given a husband who can provide for you. Take it or we'll drop you. Your choice." Her father said sternly.

Mina slowly turned her face to look at the man before her. His cold eyes looked back at her, a grin on his face.

For him, he had just scored the jackpot with a beautiful girl.

And not only that, but she seemed fragile enough to manipulate if he pleased.

Oh how he couldn't be happier. And so, may the symphony they create, create a roaring sound.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 5.8K 24
A story involves Michaeng, Jeongmo, 2yeon, Satzu and more. If you haven't read the book 1, please do so before proceeding to this book. The story wil...
10.8K 434 18
I woke up at my bedroom here at my Grandmother's beach house feeling down. I chose to stay here while my parents are fixing their annulment. And yes...
258K 12K 64
Son Chaeyoung, a tyrant and philander woman hold the reputation for so long. Not caring for others nor anyone, a remorseless human being. She lives h...
52.4K 1.6K 32
Son Chaeyoung, C.E.O of the famous Soul Music MV Brand, is an isolated, quiet woman. She devoted herself to music and her company. Her relationship w...