Heart of The Wraith

By hexpea

You'd been stuck underground for years thanks to the Shie Hassaikai. You were a useful interrogation tool, al... More

Ch. 1 - Wraith
Ch. 2 - Hiru
Ch. 3 - Family
Ch. 4 - Solidify
Ch. 5 - Liar
Ch. 6 - Hassaikai
Ch. 8 - LOV
Ch. 9 - Comfort
Ch. 10 - AFO
Ch. 11 - Tomura
Ch. 12 - Goodbyes
Ch. 13 - Mine
Ch. 14 - Conflict
Ch. 15 - Love
Ch. 16 - Loss
Ch. 17 - Control
Ch. 18 - Independent
Ch. 19 - Quirkless
Ch. 20 - Crossroads
Ch. 21 - Teamwork
Ch. 22 - Tartarus
Ch. 23 - Decision

Ch. 7 - Loyalty

191 4 0
By hexpea

AN: Back to the present with this chapter!

"Sir," Kurono appeared in the doorway of Chisaki's office. "I've drafted the first set of bullets." His tone was slightly proud seeing as he was quick to produce.

Chisaki was seated at his desk, forehead in his hands and just a cloth mask on his face as his assistant appeared. He barely lifted his head to meet Kurono's gaze whose hood down and mask off. 
Kurono furrowed his brow at Chisaki's disdain. 

"That's good news, Chrono," Chisaki sat up all the way and leaned back in his desk chair, giving a deep sigh. 

"I...thought you'd be a bit more excited about that," he cocked his head out of confusion and walked over to his boss' desk. He placed a cartridge that held a few of the small, red, needle-tipped bullets. 

"She heard us," Chisaki rolled his eyes toward Kurono who immediately paled, not needing any time to process what his boss was talking about.

"Did you...kill her?" Kurono wondered, brow furrowing even further while trying to keep a smile from popping up on his face. Having you gone meant his "right-hand-man" spot would no longer be threatened, not that it was to begin with - your relationship with Chisaki was...different, at least to him.

"No," Chisaki shook his head, "I'm not sure what she's wanting to do now."

"What?" Kurono asked with a bit of hostility that Chisaki quickly reacted to with a look of fury. "I'm sorry, sir, but usually you'd eradicate someone who found out about one of our plots. It's not like we need her anymore anyways, so I assumed-"

"If she would like to leave, I will start the process of recovering her public information," Chisaki interrupted him before he could continue. "I will not be killing her."

"Forgive me for asking, but why?" Chisaki appeared visibly irritated by Kurono's question.

"I have no need to kill her. We can test these out on her first. If they work, she'll no longer be any type of threat." He held up the cartridge and gave it a light shake.

"But she knows..." Kurono muttered.

"She'll no longer be any type of threat," Chisaki glared at his assistant and repeated himself word-for-word. "And if she dies from the effects, then we know to continue working on this."

"I have to admit your lack of faith in me kind of stings, sir," Kurono twisted up a pathetic, nervous smile. "You don't believe the first batch will be at all effective?"

"There's a reason these types of things go through trial runs," Chisaki continued glaring up at Kurono from his desk chair. "If we get lucky, then we're lucky. If not, then I won't be surprised." The threatening tone Chisaki held made Kurono swallow hard. 

"Would you like me to go to her now?" Kurono offered. "I can test it right away."

"No," Chisaki answered quickly, standing and taking the cartridge and shoving it in his pocket. "I'll do it." 

"Right," Kurono blushed and handed over the gun specifically made for the type of bullets he had created. Chisaki nearly yanked the weapon from him and began storming out of the office, leaving his assistant stranded.

The gun was small enough to fit in his pocket, grip slightly hanging out.
He maneuvered through the hallways until he reached your room, the only place he'd figure you'd be after quite an embarrassing afternoon.

"Y/N," his voice was soft as he stood in your open doorway to find you casually reading and lounging on your bed. 

"Hi," you replied, not even bothering to look up. You had anticipated he'd have something to say at some point, so his visit was expected - hence your already open door. 
His prolonged silence caused you to close your book and glare up at him. In that silence, he had moved to the center of your room. "What do you want?"

"I came to see how you were doing," he answered, body staying completely still as he met your eyes. "I also wanted to see what you were planning on doing." Your eyes briefly flickered to his pocket as he spoke, the grip of a gun sticking out of his bulging pocket was hard to not notice. 

"I'm doing as best as I can despite having my feelings hurt," you answered softly while slowly getting up, making sure to meet his eyes again. "And what do you mean by what I'm planning on doing?" You asked, readying your quirk as he began to answer.

"I want to know if you plan on leaving us after...my stunt," he answered with a small hint of shame. 

"What for?" You asked with great hostility, immediately activating your quirk - the hallucination you cast wrapped his entire body in a black sheet, keeping his arms and legs at his side. He held a shocked expression and began writhing about as if he could actually free himself. "What were you planning on doing if I am deciding to leave?" 

You walked to his form, still slightly struggling against the tight pressure to his body. There was nothing he could do, it wasn't his conscious brain being affected by your quirk - so even knowing you were using it, he couldn't move. As for you, though you could see your quirk's effects, you had learned to be able to penetrate it - your hand easily slipping into his hidden pocket and grabbing the pistol. 
You held it in front of your face, examining it, before looking back at his scowling expression. 

"Does this have Hiru's bullets in it?" You asked while checking the magazine. His silence was loud enough. "You were going to test them on me, huh? You don't even know if they work...or if they're safe." He watched as you placed the gun on a nearby dresser, you keeping your eyes on him to make sure he'd stay bound. "The funny thing is, after what you pulled...and even after this...I'm staying," you chuckled at what was likely a stupid decision. "That's how badly I want to get rid of this quirk. That alone proves my loyalty, but can you do the same for me?" You released your hallucination, his body relaxing and breathing deeply from the relief.

The two of you locked eyes for a few seconds, your expression calm and his determined though half-hidden behind his cloth mask. 
You didn't react or follow him with your eyes as he stormed past you, picking up the loaded pistol and moving directly in front of you until he stood with his feet slightly apart and shoulders hunched over as if he were bracing for something.
You had been tortured, mentally and physically, nearly your whole life, if not by others then your own self. Being threatened with death was not something that scared you any more; in fact, you almost welcomed it. 

But Chisaki did something else. Something unexpected.

In a single move, he turned the barrel against his forearm and pulled the trigger - barely wincing from pain as the needle penetrated his skin. 
Blood began to drip from the puncture as he tossed the gun away and ripped the needle-tipped bullet from his arm. He glared up at you, waiting for some kind of response other than your widened eyes.

To further test the serum, out of his own curiosity, he grabbed his wounded forearm and held tight and gave an attempt to activate his quirk. Nothing. And he wasn't feeling any different otherwise, no signs of falling ill.

"Kai..." you mumbled, completely surprised that he would risk his own useful quirk to prove himself.

"If Chrono's work is satisfactory, it shouldn't come back. I'll test it again in twenty-four hours," he said with a rough voice, walking to your nightstand and grabbing a tissue from its box to wipe up the blood still dripping from the wound.

"Why would you do that?" You asked through a hushed voice, panic all over your face. Though Chisaki made his thoughts about quirks clear, Overhaul was an incredibly powerful quirk and you knew that he'd otherwise keep it. 

"You wanted me to prove my loyalty to you," he answered in a low voice and tossed the dirtied tissue in the nearby waste bin, glare still piercing yours as your mouth began to dry. "So I did."

Your mind began to race. You knew what you heard earlier in the day, but Chisaki's movements were completely contradictory. You furrowed your brow at him as you tried to unweave the events that you witnessed and what they could possibly mean.

"You...got rid of your quirk," you mumbled the obvious, still completely baffled by his actions - your thoughts achieving nothing.

"If it works as planned," he gave a single nod and began to turn, "tell me your plans by the end of today. If you're leaving, I can get things rolling on recovering your public record." With his last words, he saw himself out - only getting to the threshold before you stopped him.

"Kai, wait..." you spoke quickly, licking your lips nervously as he halted and turned his head. You had finally connected the dots.

You walked quickly to close the gap between you both. Chisaki's eyes widened as you got near, unprepared for your sudden affections. In one, swift motion as you collided, you tore his mask down around his chin and grabbed his face - smashing your lips to his with unrelenting fervor.
Without any sort of preparation, he obviously broke out but otherwise accepted your kiss as his back hit the side jamb of your door.
He knew where this was going and blindly reached for the handle, taking the lead as you continued your attack. The door slowly closed as he moved your bodies out of the way, tongues clashing against one another's at this point.

Knowingly, the two of you began to remove shirts - you tugging yours up and over and him frantically shoving buttons through their small holes. Your arms twisted around your back as you unclipped your top, Chisaki struggling to get his shirt off as the rolled up sleeves were tight against his wrists.
Eventually you were both able to press torso against torso with nothing blocking your flesh, lips locking as if you hadn't parted to begin with. You hadn't yet noticed, but Chisaki's usual hives were much more tame than usual - as if his body was growing used to your presence.

His body was warm against your own, soft flesh pressing together so tight you could feel his heartbeat against your breast. As the passion increased, so did the heat. You could already feel a light sheen of sweat filming against your skin as your body adjusted to the activity. 

You took the lead this time and after having enough, you pulled his wrist toward your bed and tossed him on his back - a sinisterly sweet smile on his face as he tore the loops of his mask away from his ears.
He was so in the moment with you he could care less where his things landed, all he could think about was you. If he were sober and not completely love drunk, he would've thrown some type of tantrum - but leave it to someone like you to change him.

It didn't take long for you both to lose bottoms and for you to straddle his waist just as your pseudo-self had done earlier. 
With a grand sigh of relief from both of you, you eased your body onto his - this time, skin to skin which broke one of his usual rules. His fingers had tensed as you slid down his shaft for the first time, pressing into your supple thighs as your hands kept steady on his chest. The warmth of your body was almost overwhelming, especially without any rubber separating the silk of your insides. He was almost overcome as soon as you bottomed him out.
You were about to lift up to begin a smooth pace when his arms stopped you.

"Y/N," he looked up at you with a serious face, "this isn't a hallucination, is it?" 

"Didn't we just get done having a discussion about loyalty?" You chuckled, leaning forward to peck his lips.

He had nothing to say to your response. He knew you were completely right and allowed himself to be taken away by your body. 
He easily lost himself in the warm folds that wrapped around him, snuggly drawing heat to his lower abdomen - vas deferens contracting against his will the longer you kept a steady pace. 
He barely thought about the spontaneity of the moment, the fact that he came unprepared but still willingly laid with you. 

There was something about you that had changed him and his admission just solidified that change, magnifying it ten-fold. Suddenly, the idea of keeping up with some kind of plot to get rid of you to appease Kurono was in the back of his mind. He knew he'd have to face his assistant sooner or later, but he was too entranced by your seduction to do any sort of straight thinking at the current moment.

As you kept pace, Chisaki's fingertips smoothly glided and traced down your spine, causing goosebumps to rise with the burning feeling at your core - your body beginning to whine for release and your own voice made that well known. 
His fingers continued to trace over your body as his arm began to tremble in anticipation of his own release, coming down to press his thumb to your clit - rubbing gentle circles that pleasurably pinched your nerves.

Sigh after sigh, whimper after whimper, the two of you drew out one another's orgasm as if you were drawing blood - it came quick as the pressure released within both of your bodies. Just as you began to clench around him, Chisaki moved with a swiftness to pull himself from you - cum splattering his chest. Had he been his usual self, he would've quickly detested the feeling of the warm liquid splattered across his torso - tossing you off of him so he could clean up. But instead, he pulled your head down by the back of your neck, his own slightly craning to meet you, and took your lips into a passionate kiss.

You were nearly cross-eyed from the proximity as he slowly released you, bodies both sheen with sweat and shoulders heaving to calm adrenaline. The sudden rush of the past day and a half had finally caught up with you both, fatigue plaguing your muscles as you tried to clean yourselves.

"You're still staying, correct?" Chisaki asked lowly as you stood at your bedroom door to say goodnight. "If you want to go, I'll happily provide you the resources."

"I'm staying," you smiled as your fingers laced through his. The hives he had gotten before were so incredibly light and already fading. It was likely you wouldn't cause them again. "I'll see this through to the end." He smiled warmly at your response and pressed his lips to your forehead before dismissing himself.

You enjoyed a quiet night alone, feeling as if the situation had resolved - at least for the time being. It was the best you had felt in quite some time. You wanted things to stay that way, not having many good moments to look back on. You hoped things would continue down that path.
Chisaki, however, meandered back to the laboratory where Kurono was still whittling away at refining the serum.

"Well?" He asked without looking up from his work as his boss entered. "Does it work?"

"So far so good," Chisaki noted, taking a seat at the bench Kurono was working at and watching him mess around with different chemicals in small tubes. "I've no side effects to note, but I'll let you know tomorrow if it comes back." 

Kurono didn't appreciate the way that Chisaki toned and phrased that sentence, stopping his work to turn and look at him. Chisaki sat slightly slouched, one arm on the bench and propping his head up and his wounded arm resting at his side. Kurono immediately took notice of the large red mark on his arm that stuck out like a sore thumb.

"Sir..." Kurono gave a look of terror toward the wound and then looked up at his boss. "Did you...administer the drug to yourself?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.5K 1.1K 21
Bakudeku one-shot books Requests-closed These are basically prompts but if enough people like the one-shot I can go further into depth or add on to i...
10.6K 616 16
| 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎 | When he was kidnapped, instead of forcing him to join, the league decides the best option would to...
6.8K 336 21
As Tsumiki's mother, you have an obvious sense of responsibility toward her. This goes into overdrive when you realize the man who was once the love...
57 12 6
warning. this story contains: death, kidnapping, stockholm syndrome (?), creepy behavior - and yandere (i'm pretty sure!) i'm not really into making...