Ever After | vsoo

By jaeyangi

"Who would've thought that I'd be here by myself? Who would've thought about the cause and effects? Now you k... More

"Ever After"
CAST
Chapter o1: Canada
Chapter o2: Buddy
Chapter o3: Home
Chapter o4: Ready
Chapter o5: I'm back
Chapter o6: So Fine
Chapter o7: It's not fine
Chapter o8: Still
Chapter o9: Dinner
Chapter 1o: City Light
Chapter 11: Changed
Chapter 12: Party (1)
Chapter 13: Party (2)
Chapter 14: Let's Talk
Chapter 15: Him
Chapter 16: You're mine
Chapter 17: The Plan
Chapter 18: The News
Chapter 19: Unparalleled Support
Chapter 21: Fight For Love
Chapter 22: Tight Corner
Chapter 23: Resolute
Epilogue

Chapter 20: Slow Dance

765 61 16
By jaeyangi

I woke up earlier than I was supposed to be and couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to go out of my room and maybe make breakfast for myself instead.

When as I was still marching my way inside the kitchen, my eyes caught my Mom silently leaning on the counter, sipping a cup of coffee.

"Good morning, Mom!" I greeted her cheerfully.

She quickly turned around and brightly smiled as soon as she saw me walking closer. "Oh, I'm surprised, you're awake early, hon."

I softly chuckle. "I couldn't go back to sleep."

"Oh, is that so?" She giggled. "Want some coffee?"

I nodded in chipper, "Yes, please~!" I cheerfully hopped on the kitchen counter and took a seat there. I watched her intently as she makes wonders.

She started pouring the freshly brewed coffee into my cup, "Do you know what they say about coffee, hon?"

I looked at her smiling face. "No. What is it?"

"Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and sweet as love." She stated.

That made me laugh.

She really knows her way in the kitchen. May it be just a small appetizer menu or a whole buffet. She knows it all.

She's the best.

But if someone would ask me what's her best work? It's her coffee.

She makes the most amazing coffee I have ever tasted. Just like she said, it's black and strong. People who might not know my Mom and saw her making this kind of cup might think that this would taste bitter but no. This coffee will do wonders for your mood, it tastes sweet.

And just the right amount of its treacliness.

It's a masterpiece.

She slowly hand me the cup. "Thanks, Mom."

She leaned on the counter stove, opposite to where I'm seated. Like a switch, we remained silent, fixedly drinking our respective cup, relishing this moment of glory.

All of a sudden, she broke the silence. "So, how have you been?"

She started to look serious, a curious sensation overwhelmed her. I took one last sip from my cup before putting it down to face her attentively.

"Taehyung and I," I exhaled.

"-are together again," I declared. There's no point in keeping it hidden, anyway.

Her smile instantly faded. "Oh,"

"Uh, does Jung-hoon know about this?" She asked.

I unconsciously avoided her eyes. "I-uh"

She let out a depressing sigh after noticing my agitated reaction. "Ji, hon" She called. "It's not that I'm against it. But aren't you both trying too hard?"

My eyes went back to her, "What are you trying to say, Mom?"

"You and Taehyung were too young back then. What you both have been through, isn't that enough to stop all this-"

"No, Mom. It's not enough." I firmly stated. "You may be right, the past was tough,"

"But that's why it all happened, right? For us to be stronger."

"But hon, the past has tainted the present moment you know," She reached for my hand and clasped it tight. "I don't want you to overdid it. You've suffered enough."

"You guys might love each other a lot but Jung-hoon-" She couldn't finish her words.

Well, it doesn't' need to be spell it out because we all know.

Uncle Jung-hoon, Taehyung's father is going to be the hardest hurdle that we're going to face. Taehyung and I fully knows that.

My voice started getting shaky. "Mom, I tried leaving him, you know that. I gave him up."

"And even after coming back again, I keep making him to give up on us." I looked down, embarrassed at my actions. 

At myself.

"A lot of times. I even lost count up to now." I sadly smiled. "But he still fighting for our love," I whimpered.

"And I-I need to fight for it, too." I stared deeply into her eyes. "I'm so ready to do that now."

"Please let me do this or I might regret it for the rest of life. I would never forgave myself if I won't try." My gaze was so fixed on her, trying to convince her.

I know that I'm fully aware of the consequences and the struggle that I'm still about to faced with. I didn't even dared to blink or even breath as I waited for her to say something.

She breathed out. "Okay, you do that."

I took out a sigh of relief.

She grabbed both of my hands and holds it tightly. "I won't be stopping you, rather I'll stay by your side for whatever's going to happened."

"I'll be here." She beamed.

I sniffled. "Thanks, Mom." And we pulled in for a heartfelt embrace.

***

"Good evening, Aunt Ae." Taehyung softly uttered after doing a deep bow in front of my Mom and Halmeoni.

"Taehyung, my dear!" Halmeoni rushed her way outside the door and pulled him in. I could only let out a chuckle as I witness how happy my grandmother seeing Taehyung again.

Halmeoni guide him to sit on the couch before making herself comfortable at her very own wing chair again. "Have you eaten your dinner?" She asked.

Taehyung politely smiled at her. "Yes, Halmeoni."

"Really?" She smiled back. "That's good, that's good."

I looked at my Mom who was silent the whole time.

She was blankly staring at Taehyung. That made me turn my gaze at Taehyung beside me. I pursed my lips as I tried so hard not to laugh at him in his nervous state.

He was licking his lips from time to time and his eyes were everywhere but to my Mom.

I cleared my throat.

That made Mom turned her gaze back to me.

"Mom," I smiled at her. "Is there anything you want to say to Taehyung?"

She continued to stare at me. "Mom?" I called her again.

She sighed hard and put her gaze on Taehyung again. "Taehyung,"

Taehyung flinched. "Y-yes ma'am?"

"How are you?" She asked.

The question made my eyebrows furrows. I glanced at Taehyung who was having the same expression, too.

"I'm f-fine, Aunt Ae." He stuttered.  "Thank y-you for asking?" His acknowledgement came out as a question instead.

My Mom simpered. "What I'm trying to say is I'm really happy for you being all right." She scooted over to the edge of her seat in order to reach Taehyung's hand.

"The past was hard for the both sides, my family and yours. It requires great effort to move forward from that."

Taehyung sighed in relief. 

"Yes, Aunt Ae. It really was." He nodded. "I'm also glad that you're very well now." 

"I know your father already remarried and you have a new mother already," She voiced out. "But I want you to know that I am always here, I can be a mother that will be there and support you."

I heard Taehyung let out a soft whimper. "Thank you, Aunt Ae."

They both exchange bright smiles and just stare at each other. 

In this life, full of hurry and worry, it is difficult to find time to stand and stare. But I can clearly see their stares was quite meaningful.

My Mom then went back to sit properly. She started looking up, stopping her tears to flow while on the other hand, Taehyung cleared his throat.

All of a sudden, Halmeoni laughed. "That should do it." She winked at me.

I let out a chuckle and nodded cheerfully.

After that heartfelt conversation between them, the succeeding topics came out lighthearted right after.

***

The night was still not over.

 I behaved like I'd just gotten out of jail when Taehyung decided to came into my room and acted out like inspector, scanning every corner of the area.

"What are you looking for, really?" I puffed air as I hopped my way on my bed.

I started closing my eyes. 

After a couple of minutes, I felt my bed sank and immediately make out that Taehyung was already laying beside me.

"Sleepy?" He softly asked in a low tone of voice. I was too drowsy to looked at him and could only hum in response.

A moment of silence came.

It was too long that I started to feel uncomfortable with it.

Even with a heavy-eyed, I turned my head towards his side. 

My heart skipped its beat as I saw his eyes twinkled, staring straight at mine. 

"W-What?" I stuttered.

"Nothing. I just like watching you sleep peacefully." He broadly smiled. "Makes me feel at ease."

I turned my body around to face him. I slowly reached for his hair and fondly play with it. I stared deeply at his eyes and be all smiles. "Thank you, Tae."

He gently put his arms above my waist, pulling me closer. "For what, love?"

"For everything," I replied.

My hand went down to his cheeks and started caressing it. "Thank you for not giving up on us,"

"Thank you for being there for me whenever I needed you. Thank you for coming into my life and making it special."

"You may not know this because I don't really show it that much but you're everything to me, Taehyung." 

I chuckled softly. "J-Just. Thank you."

"Thank you for loving me."

He slowly reached for my face and wiped my tears away. I didn't know I was already crying that  much.

My brows immediately knitted as he stood up all of a sudden. "There's something I've always wanted to do."

I blinked a couple of times, confused at his behavior. I took a seat on the corner of my bed, watching his every move.

I saw him took out his phone that was resting on my nightstand. He gave me a quick look and mischievously smirk before I heard him play a song.

"His Song"

It was Paul Anka's Put your Head on my Shoulder.

His love for old songs and jazz comes shining through. This part of him makes me feel things for him more.

I was completely besotted by it.

He then extended his arm, offering me to stand up. "May I have this dance?"

I let out a chuckle as I accepted it right away.

He started singing the song and I watch him admiringly for that.

Put your head on my shoulder
Hold me in your arms, baby
Squeeze me oh-so-tight
Show me that you love me too

He slowly pulled me closer and gently pushed my head to lean on his chest. 

I have gleefully surrendered to him as I let him lead me in a swaying motion, hugging him tighter.

Put your lips next to mine, dear
Won't you kiss me once, baby?
Just a kiss goodnight, maybe
You and I will fall in love (you and I will fall in love)

He softly kissed the top of my head. 

I closed my eyes to savor the moment as we swiftly dance the night away, free from the all worries and troubles.

It was like the world has stopped. It stops and all that exist for me is him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 5.6K 60
π–˜π–Šπ––π–šπ–Šπ–‘ 𝖙𝖔 'π–ˆπ–”π–—π–”π–“π–†' ❝Show me your scars," He said. "But...why?" She asked quizzically, she was covered in bruises and felt intimidated...
48.8K 1.3K 47
Just as they thought everybody was perfect, she was different, her back story was different, harsh, bloody, it was everything opposite of what they t...
10.6K 667 34
The world where nothing seems to be real. The world were impossible is possible. The world where legends are told but history is forgotten. The stor...
5.3K 203 13
A curtain meant to cover the light. The curtain closes, and night begins. Dark and wild things start to happen behind the curtain. Some good, some ba...